No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your hugs could never be creepy! I am going to be fine. I am just being dramatic. I have amazing health care providers for this.

Comment

• Vh, I am thinking of you and I will be tomorrow too. I'm glad to hear your bones are dense, as we get older that's no small thing.
      It's definitely better to overpack than under.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• VH... creepy internet hugs from me too... I have very long arms so imagine tentacles coming out of the screen and you won't be far off the mark.
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I already feel better!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Bit late to the party, but great rant J, is it worth going to take a look round the forum to see what the fuss is about, and congrats Goldie and BG.

Never got married meself, I'd never, ever put anyone through having to live with me....
            Oh, I bet you'd be fun to live with... *blush*

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
            Hey Dave, I got married enough times to make up your numbers, so no worries there. I won't be adding to the count, however.

I generally stay here in the forums where it's safe and warm, but occasionally I step into the fray. Not this time, though.
            I'm hanging my head in shame that I succumbed and posted in that thread.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
            Do you ever picture certain people around here foaming at the mouth, with spittle flying as they rant and whine? I do but I am odd.

I forgot to mention earlier that the picture of those testicals look very much like the pictures of my ovaries that I got when I had my exploratory lap earlier this month. Now I don't think I can eat fries of any species again.

My last day of chemo is on our 20th anniversary. My first day is tomorrow, finally. Trying very hard not to stress about it but not doing a great job. But some of my favorite people here have given me hope in humanity and kindness as well as more then a few laughs. I had my bone marrow biopsy last week and the good news is I have very strong and dense bones but that was also the bad news. They finally got the core sample but had to give me so much lidocaine, my tongue was numb. It was an interesting experience. I am packing my activity bag for tomorrow since I am scheduled to be there over 8 hours. I also needs snacks for the day. Hubby is coming with me. I may be overpacking but I will be prepared for anything!

Unless Dave is drastically different from his online persona, I think he would be a hoot to live with. And he cooks.
            LMAO at the foaming and spittle - yes, I too imagine it. "Oh I zinged her with that one! I'm so cool. I'm an internet legend! Wait, I have no friends."

Yes, I have a bit of a Mrs. Robinson thing for Dave (I refuse to call myself a cougar).

You're in my thoughts and I'm wishing you the best. *squishy hugses*

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            *giant creepy internet hugs* take a deep breath, you're gonna be fine
            Your hugs could never be creepy! I am going to be fine. I am just being dramatic. I have amazing health care providers for this.
            Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            Vh, I am thinking of you and I will be tomorrow too. I'm glad to hear your bones are dense, as we get older that's no small thing.
            It's definitely better to overpack than under.
            Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
            VH... creepy internet hugs from me too... I have very long arms so imagine tentacles coming out of the screen and you won't be far off the mark.
            Thanks guys. I already feel better!
            Yay! +1 for hugs whether squishy or creepy.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• So if someone being played does not realize they are being played and then calls the person playing them stupid, what is the playee? Other than hilarious.
              Last edited by vh67; 06-30-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• I hear the NSA is always hiring qualified individuals with little to no moral compass devoid of emotions, oh and it helps if one is really so much smarter than everyone else.

I realize this may sound random, but trust me there is logic to my madness.
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• My fingers have itched to post on that thread, but I have enough gripes in real life without getting into unwinnable internet spats.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    +1 fersure. I'm totally glad I have people like you and V and badgergirl and bloodorchid and doc to show me that marriage and relationsips aren't supposed to be drudgery.
                    Marriage isn't drudgery... it is painful, but never dull...

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                      So if someone being played does not realize they are being played and then calls the person playing them stupid, what is the playee? Other than hilarious.
                      Jealous? That you already made your bones while s/he is still bragging about a future that hasn't happened yet. All hypothetical of course as I have no idea about whom you speak.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                      I hear the NSA is always hiring qualified individuals with little to no moral compass devoid of emotions, oh and it helps if one is really so much smarter than everyone else.

I realize this may sound random, but trust me there is logic to my madness.
                      Not random at all.

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      My fingers have itched to post on that thread, but I have enough gripes in real life without getting into unwinnable internet spats.
                      The thing is that there is this whole generation who thinks that winning means getting the last post. Dang, now I've given away part of my today's post.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Marriage isn't drudgery... it is painful, but never dull...
                      And it hurts so gooood. :::I need a smiley with a whip for right here.:::
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Catch-up post

Saturday, June 28, 2014

I didn’t write much this weekend because my air conditioner died. After telling me he’d be here Saturday morning, my landlord never showed or contacted me the entire weekend.

Google to the rescue. Turns out that Louisiana Civil Code Section yadda yadda provides for relief if a landlord does not make repairs that make the unit liveable. In this case, I could repair/replace the unit on my own dime, then deduct it from July’s rent. I emailed him telling him that if that would be more convenient for him, I’d be happy to do so. He arrived Monday morning with a new unit. In the meantime, I have a heat rash on the upper portion of my chest – something I haven’t had since I was about 12.

With that in mind, this was all I wrote the entire weekend:

It’s hot. It’s really hot. Once again the temp and humidity combined give a “feels like” temp of 108-113F. I’m living in hell. Or at the very least, the warmest portion of Purgatory.

I want to make hard-boiled eggs, but I don’t want to fill my kitchen with heat and steam. I want to make a little lamb patty, but I don’t even want the heat of a quick fry in my kitchen.

:::If I could find the proper graphic/pic, in this space there would be a mean garden gnome with the caption, “Grumble, grumble.”:::

So, it’s almost 6pm, and all I’ve had for “food,” is some coconut oil in my morning cuppa. Of course, not wanting to go into “starvation” mode, I’m getting my calories from a clear distilled spirit that resides in my freezer.

A note on starvation/hibernation mode from reduced calories. Apparently, this can happen to people with low/healthy body fat, but it doesn’t happen to people with higher than healthy body fat. So, if you’re a person who wants to lose some pounds, and some know-it-all tells you to eat more, you have my permission to tell them to kiss your arse in Macy’s window. Or you could just ignore them. Either works.

So, I finally felt ooky enough that I had to eat some actual food. Sliced tomato. Brown about three ounces of broken up ground lamb in a pan (takes less time than a patty). Pour off excess, but not all the fat. Fry a duck egg (or two chicken eggs) on top of the lamb and remaining fat. Place on top of sliced tomato. Some grated parmesan. Some buttermilk-based salad dressing. A meal in <15 minutes.

Though the temp has gone down, the humidity has gone up, so the “feels-like” temp is still about 103F. Just kill me now.

Peace, love, and air conditioners,
                        J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• The neener neener post.

Monday, June 30, 2014

For some of us who spent a substantial part of our lives BI (Before Internet), it borders on hilarious that there is a whole segment of humans on the planet for whom “s/he who posts the last post wins.”

We geezers actually had to learn to interact with people, even disagree with them, in a way that made it okay to face them again in real life. Not so with the internet! People who spend most of their lives kowtowing to their spouses, parents, bosses, etc., can be oh-so-brave when they’re talking to people who are far enough away that they don’t have to worry about getting their asses kicked.

I mock you! Ha Ha! I’ve known 12-year-old girls tougher than you cowardly asses! (That’s a bit of a tribute to the character, Oz, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series. “I mock you with my monkey pants!”)

Today wasn’t incredibly eventful, and I spent a lot of time sleeping in dehumidified, cooled room. It felt so good to not wake up in a pool of sweat.

So, I’m going to share with you part of a list I’ve composed of the 80-something movies I think everyone should see. They’re in no particular order and the reasons are varied. There are even some that I think everyone should see even though I didn’t like them.

So as not to bore you too much, I give you the first 10:

The Philadelphia Story (1940). This is one of my favorite movies in the whole wide world. Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and James Stewart. It’s just a rom-com, I guess, but should more aptly be described as a romping good rom-com.

Harold and Maude (1971). A man in his twenties falls in love with a woman turning 80. And you believe it. And every character is quirkier than the next. Ruth Gordon and Bud Cort.

The Big Chill (1983). What happens when ex-idealists from the 60s get together in the early 80s for the funeral of one of their little group. Stellar ensemble cast. One of the best soundtracks ever.

Rosemary’s Baby (1968). This movie gets darker and darker and darker as it progresses. By the time the line comes, “What have you done to its eyes?!” you’re peeing your pants. Don’t even waste your time in the recent re-make. That one isn’t scary. Another stellar ensemble cast (including Ruth Gordon).

The Addams Family (1991). I think everyone should see this at least once because if you liked the TV series, it won’t offend you. Raul Julia and Angelica Huston get it right. But mostly, this is a fun way to see that something can be adapted from one medium to another, and adapted almost 30 years later, and though very different in appearance, still retain the witty weirdness of the original.

Bringing Up Baby (1938). They called these screwball comedies. This pairs up Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant again. And a leopard. And a dinosaur bone.

Any one of these three: I’m No Angel (1933), She Done Him Wrong (1933), or My Little Chickadee (1940). The first two are Mae West paired with Cary Grant, and the last is West paired with W.C. Fields. Why? Because everyone should see an old, funny, Mae West movie at least once.

West Side Story (1961). Somehow this movie ends up being okay, even though they did everything wrong. Apparently in 1961, nobody in Hollywood knew enough people of Latin descent to fill all the parts, so there are a lot of white people in this movie who are wearing dark make-up. Also, as Hollywood is wont to do, when someone is bringing people to the box office, you cast her/him in everything you make. So our lead for this musical, Natalie Wood, who was actually a good actress, could neither sing nor dance. Her singing was dubbed, and her lack of dancing skill had to be shot around. The male lead was also dubbed. And lastly, those dancers hardly looked like scary gang members. So you should watch this movie at least once to learn that every once in awhile, you can make every mistake in the book and still somehow manage to come out with a product that is loved and remembered for decades.

Julie & Julia (2009). The only reason to see this movie is to see Meryl Streep play Julia Child. Every time the movie switched from Julie’s life to Julia’s, I whispered to myself, “omg,” because she captured Ms. Child so well.

Rain Man (1988). This one might fit better on a List of Movies to See Twice. First, just enjoy. The second time, pay attention to Cruise. He’s a bit of a twit in his real life persona, but he often surprises me (in a good way) as an actor. In Rain Man, he goes from being The Guy You Want to Slap to being The Guy Who Breaks Your Heart beautifully.

And some silliness:

For a yummy snack, have some of these with some of this:

It’s on sale!

+1000

Peace, love, and ass cookies,
                          J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                            Hey Dave, I got married enough times to make up your numbers, so no worries there. I won't be adding to the count, however.

I generally stay here in the forums where it's safe and warm, but occasionally I step into the fray. Not this time, though.
                            Thanka for taking care of that for me....Will probably take the warning and steer clear of the jackassery....

Do you ever picture certain people around here foaming at the mouth, with spittle flying as they rant and whine? I do but I am odd.

I forgot to mention earlier that the picture of those testicals look very much like the pictures of my ovaries that I got when I had my exploratory lap earlier this month. Now I don't think I can eat fries of any species again.

My last day of chemo is on our 20th anniversary. My first day is tomorrow, finally. Trying very hard not to stress about it but not doing a great job. But some of my favorite people here have given me hope in humanity and kindness as well as more then a few laughs. I had my bone marrow biopsy last week and the good news is I have very strong and dense bones but that was also the bad news. They finally got the core sample but had to give me so much lidocaine, my tongue was numb. It was an interesting experience. I am packing my activity bag for tomorrow since I am scheduled to be there over 8 hours. I also needs snacks for the day. Hubby is coming with me. I may be overpacking but I will be prepared for anything!
                            Hope it goes/went well, much best wishes.

Unless Dave is drastically different from his online persona, I think he would be a hoot to live with. And he cooks.
                            Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Oh, I bet you'd be fun to live with... *blush*
                            Apart from some extra bits of choice language at times, this is it, trouble is me tongues quicker than me brain, it'd rarely be dull though.... and sometimes its more experimenting than cooking....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Yes, I have a bit of a Mrs. Robinson thing for Dave (I refuse to call myself a cougar).
                            Now it's my turn to blush....

And how can you not want a slug of ass juice....Only film I seen out of that list is West Side Story, how sad is that! And hooray for air con....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              trouble is me tongues quicker than me brain, it'd rarely be dull though...
                              Now it's my turn to blush...
                              Oh, I know how to appreciate a man with a quick tongue.

Did I make you blush?

Comment

• I still have a big crush on Oz from Buffy...and the girlfriend, what was Willow's girlfriend called? Had her soul sucked by Glory... Damn, have not watched Buffy in an age....

TARA. And Kennedy too. And Willow. Basically, I am not so much equal ops as COME ON IN, THE WATER IS LOVELY.

food for hot weather: ceviche is your friend...it cooks in the fridge.

Must-watch movies, here is my list:

Antonia's Line
                                Eat Drink Man Woman
                                Raise the Red Lantern
                                Highlander (KILT ACTION)
                                Tomb Raider (Angelina, Angelina...white dress, English accent Angelina)
                                Babette's Feast

I am not really a film person...
                                Last edited by badgergirl; 07-01-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X