No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I used to love making sourdough bread. I was quite the breadmaker. Of course, my ass was the size of a barn door and I was sick all of the time, but what did I know? Still, I wouldn't rule out making some if I get my hands some einkorn or other ancient grain. Just once in a blue moon, though.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Ack, two nights in a row of insomnia. UF and Walrus, another saving thing for me is location. I actually ordered some "sourdough" rolls from one of the "best bakeries in NOLA," and they just tasted like bread.

ExSquared is sound asleep in his little loft bed - ya know, out of all the men I've ever known, I've only met one who ever grappled with insomnia. How do they do it? Is it testosterone? Maybe I should take some. Too drastic.

Okay, maybe some bad reruns on Hulu or CW.com will put me to sleep. Ooh, Arrow reruns.

Kisses,
      J
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Melatonin may help.. Also, there is a natural balancing hormone cream that works great for sleep.
        I drink chamomile tea every night, real strong in only about 6 oz water, tad of honey and lime, real good.
        Safe travels!!!

Comment

• My son has terrible insomnia, he's always had a hard time sleeping. We've tried all kinds of things, melatonin helps some but I thought you weren't supposed to take it every night. I hope he grows out of it. My husband OTH is an amazing sleeper, we joke about what a good sleeper/napper he is, he falls asleep seconds after his head hits the pillow. I used to be a very light sleeper and I've suffered from insomnia on and off, recently when I had it, it was due to a hormonal imbalance.

Primal, magnesium and potato starch have really helped, most nights I don't wake up at all.
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Oh, yes, magnesium works great. Either pill form or mag oil, spritz it on your feet, rub in really well. Moisturizer the next morning, it tends to dry out your skin.

Comment

• Seems like every man I have been with has had some kind of sleep disorder, insomnia, sleep apnea, etc. I was always the sleep monster - as in "I am going to sleep now, don't even THINK about trying to wake me for at least 8 hours." Meanwhile they are tossing and turning and watching old movies on TV. When I was younger I couldn't even imagine not being able to fall asleep. Alas, those days are gone, but still I am a good sleeper. I don't know why. I love the mag oil on my feet, it really works.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                Melatonin may help.. Also, there is a natural balancing hormone cream that works great for sleep.
                I drink chamomile tea every night, real strong in only about 6 oz water, tad of honey and lime, real good.
                Safe travels!!!
                Thank you! Except for right now when I feel like I've been awake forever, I've done pretty well in the sleep department, or at least compensating and feeling okay if I missed an hour or two. I love chamomile tea and I like black tea, but tea doesn't like me on a daily basis - it gives me heartburn.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                My son has terrible insomnia, he's always had a hard time sleeping. We've tried all kinds of things, melatonin helps some but I thought you weren't supposed to take it every night. I hope he grows out of it. My husband OTH is an amazing sleeper, we joke about what a good sleeper/napper he is, he falls asleep seconds after his head hits the pillow. I used to be a very light sleeper and I've suffered from insomnia on and off, recently when I had it, it was due to a hormonal imbalance.

Primal, magnesium and potato starch have really helped, most nights I don't wake up at all.
                My insomnia started as a teenager also. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), I had a crazy father who also roamed the halls at night. We'd sit up 'til 3 or 4am trying to solve the world's problems. Then he'd write a note for me to be late for school.

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                Oh, yes, magnesium works great. Either pill form or mag oil, spritz it on your feet, rub in really well. Moisturizer the next morning, it tends to dry out your skin.
                I do take magnesium on a sort of kind of, okay, not regular enough basis.

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                Seems like every man I have been with has had some kind of sleep disorder, insomnia, sleep apnea, etc. I was always the sleep monster - as in "I am going to sleep now, don't even THINK about trying to wake me for at least 8 hours." Meanwhile they are tossing and turning and watching old movies on TV. When I was younger I couldn't even imagine not being able to fall asleep. Alas, those days are gone, but still I am a good sleeper. I don't know why. I love the mag oil on my feet, it really works.
                We should trade men! LOL. Mine sleep like rocks. This is why I became one of those people who sleeps alone - after sex, he needs to go to his own room. When I'm exhausted and I can't sleep, and someone is sleeping like an innocent in my bed, the temptation to smother him with a pillow is very strong.

Right now, I need sleep come hell or high water. I encouraged him to go to church this morning and to attend the pancake breakfast afterward.

Ooh, I have to share something cute about him. Back when he and I were a couple and lived in WA state, he belonged to a nice, fairly liberal church that served his needs. He was in the worship band and all that stuff. Me, I'm dyed in the wool atheist since I was in my early 30s. One of the members in his church asked him why I didn't attend. He hemmed and hawed (sp?) about me being a non-believer. They asked him if an intervention might help. He very politely told them that he thought that was a bad idea.

We roared with laughter about that one. I am generally the most polite person in real life that you will ever meet. I really do try to never hurt people's feelings. But pushing God on me generally goes very badly. I can talk philosophically and all, but an intervention would have put me through the roof.

Back to the present. If I don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to go batshit. I'm at that place where I can't fall asleep, but I don't have the energy to do anything. So, while he was at church, I splurged for a fifth of Herradura Silver, then rearranged his freezer so it would fit.

I'm officially PUI (posting under the influence). It's Sunday - wheee!
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I almost forgot. I picked up some SPAM today. The "classic.* Except it isn't. They've changed the recipe. There's potato filler in it now, and the can I got didn't even have any gelatin in it.

Today is a very sad day.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Well time for me to start working on a homemade SPAM then. Really it's just like a sort of tureen for missing and odd bits. As gross and crazy old fashioned as aspic is, it kind of intrigues me. I wonder if I could get it to fry up like "real" spam while tasting like something I'd like. I bet bacon is the answer. And maybe liver. Hmm SPAMswagger...

Comment

• When all else fails I take Benedryl, it knocks me right out.
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        DD only gets to be an honorary chick if he wears his cool man panties and Doc, if he wears his kilt!
                        I can live with that, Doc, dust the kilt off....

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        Just a quick update on the health front. I have follicular non-hodgkin's lymphoma. It is not curable but is rather treated as a chronic disease, like heart disease. Next week is a busy week of more tests, putting in a port in an artery to make administering chemo easier and a bone marrow biopsy to see if it has migrated into my marrow. You know you are primal when they talk about bone marrow and all you can think of is a nice roasted beef bone with bubbly marrow! I am feeling pretty optimistic as it could be so much worse. I have to do six chemo treatments, once a month for six months and then a maintenance dose of rituxan to keep it in remission. That is subject to change based on my progress. The good news is I only have a thirty percent chance of losing my hair on the cocktail they are using! I don't think my head is the right shape to be bald. Hopefully we will never know. Chemo starts week after next, as long as everything goes as planned.

Hope everyone is doing well! I still pop in and read my favorite journals.
                        Very best wishes and thoughts V, hope it all goes well.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        I almost forgot. I picked up some SPAM today. The "classic.* Except it isn't. They've changed the recipe. There's potato filler in it now, and the can I got didn't even have any gelatin in it.

Today is a very sad day.
                        They should lower the flags to half mast, heathens....

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                          Well time for me to start working on a homemade SPAM then. Really it's just like a sort of tureen for missing and odd bits. As gross and crazy old fashioned as aspic is, it kind of intrigues me. I wonder if I could get it to fry up like "real" spam while tasting like something I'd like. I bet bacon is the answer. And maybe liver. Hmm SPAMswagger...
                          The original description at the website stated that the aspic was naturally occurring during the cooking. I don't know if that's true, but I missed licking it off my fingers. Salty meat jello - yum!

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                          When all else fails I take Benedryl, it knocks me right out.
                          Me too, but unfortunately it knocks me out for a whole day.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          They should lower the flags to half mast, heathens....
                          I couldn't get anyone to do that, but I did create a prayer circle (of two) to have a moment of silence.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• An Educational Post

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Honey, Im home. (Doing my best Jack Nicholson voice.)

Today Id like to talk to you about the Palmetto Bug.

For those for whom our way of speaking is odd, Palmetto Bug is a southern colloquialism for fat flying f*cking cockroach. I did some research, and there are basically two schools of thought on Palmetto Bugs.

The first is that they are one of Gods creatures. However, God created them so that wed retain the urge to hunt and kill once wed ditched the caves for condos. Theres a little known 11th commandment that states, Thou shalt kill Palmetto Bugs with a vengeance. This is not as easy as it sounds, but more on that later. This school of thought has determined that killing a Palmetto Bug is not only okay, but that its your duty to do so.

The second is that they are aliens. Killing aliens is a gray area, and one should not just blithely kill an alien without first determining whether or not it comes in peace. Take my word on this, Palmetto Bugs do not come in peace. Its not only okay to kill them, its your duty to do so.

When I arrived back to where I currently call home, two of these creatures had taken up residence one in my kitchen, and one in a closet. I checked CraigsList, and sure enough, one of them was squatting and dividing my home up into Palmetto Bug condos. They really are evil creatures.

I saw the one at the top of the door of the closet first. I gave my war cry (screamed like a little girl), ran into the kitchen for the can of Raid, came back and liberally doused it. That son of a bitch ran toward the spray. Thats new, I thought, horrified at this new behavior. I sprayed and sprayed until it fell on the floor. I ran over, and stomped it until it had to be scraped off the floor.

The second one I saw many hours later near the ceiling of my kitchen. I didnt have to run anywhere because I think every good Southerner keeps a can of Raid on the kitchen table for easy accessibility. I didnt use my war cry because it was about 130am, and Im a good neighbor if nothing else. I did however state my intentions by swearing at it. Apparently, Palmetto Bugs take swearing as a challenge because this one also ran toward the spray. When I had given it its own n=1 toxic dosage, it spread its wings to hang glide to the floor. And then STILL ran toward me. I stomped it flat. I didnt turn this one into a paste because truth be told, scraping bug paste off the floor is gross.

So, what have we learned from all this?
                            1. God must be pissed because not only is s/he visiting swarms of fruit flies to many parts of the country, s/he is now ordering to Palmetto Bug to go into the (bug) spray.
                            2. You must do your duty to God and Country by killing every Palmetto Bug you see. I dont care if its outdoors, it will follow you home.
                            3. Though I bust my hump trying to eat pesticide-free, I have no compunctions about liberally shooting poison into the air if it will kill a Palmetto Bug.
                            4. In this post, the phrase, I did some research, is synonymous with, Im making shit up.

Ive included the following (not drawn by me) so you know what to kill when you see it:

Peace and love, except for Palmetto Bugs,
                            J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• This changed my life:

Amazon.com : Electric LED Bug Fly Mosquito Zapper Swatter Killer Control with Built-in Rechargeable Batteries - 2400 Volts (Color may Vary) : Home Insect Zappers : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Mine, however, only cost $2.99 and isn't rechargeable. Works great.

You, M'Lady win the Spraying the Keyboard this week. My refreshing kombucha now needs to be sopped off my QWERTY.

I remember the first palmetto bug I ever killed. I hit it dead on with my shoe FOUR times. Barely slowed it down. I put a glass over it and got the neighbor. (Hanging head in shame) She, however, made me kill it properly myself. It involved a newspaper and a brick.
                              Last edited by The Walrus; 06-22-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Good neighbor or not, I am sure I would have been at least squealing while I killed the second one. WTF is up with going towards the can? You need a torch!

I am glad you made it home, all safe and sound!

Comment

Working...
                                X