No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll just have to save that combo and put in on your menu another day!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
      You'll just have to save that combo and put in on your menu another day!
      Definitely. I'm sure I can figure out a way to combine the two.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• That meatloaf may not look pretty, but it sure sounds right tasty, as well as the bloody mary of course....

And excuse my ignorance, but what is 'Sitred' fired pork from that Chinese menu, as it's a new one on me?!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Definitely. I'm sure I can figure out a way to combine the two.
        *Dofts cap* That's the never say die spirit I admire, kudos....

Comment

• Bloody mary is always what I ask for on the first pass of the cabin crew. Then a bottle (mini) of red with the ghastly food...I usually play swapsies with husband - he gets my bread, desert, potatoes...I get another mini bottle of el plonko. I sleep; he stays awake for 24 hours watching sh*t movies.

My first ever bloody mary was made for me for breakfast when I was 19...but that's a story for my own journal.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
            Bloody mary is always what I ask for on the first pass of the cabin crew. Then a bottle (mini) of red with the ghastly food...I usually play swapsies with husband - he gets my bread, desert, potatoes...I get another mini bottle of el plonko. I sleep; he stays awake for 24 hours watching sh*t movies.

My first ever bloody mary was made for me for breakfast when I was 19...but that's a story for my own journal.
            I normally indulge in the mini reds when flying, normally some less than vintage Melbec or Merlot, flew back from the US many years ago, listened to the Rowen Atkinson monologue 37-0 about 6times on the in-flight radio, strange how it got funnier after each bottle....A friend of mines girlfriend sneaks bloody mary's into sporting events telling security its Gazpacho soup....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              I normally indulge in the mini reds when flying, normally some less than vintage Melbec or Merlot, flew back from the US many years ago, listened to the Rowen Atkinson monologue 37-0 about 6times on the in-flight radio, strange how it got funnier after each bottle....A friend of mines girlfriend sneaks bloody mary's into sporting events telling security its Gazpacho soup....
              tiz why I wear cowboy boots to sporting events.... you can get at least one bottle in each boot top...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                That meatloaf may not look pretty, but it sure sounds right tasty, as well as the bloody mary of course....

And excuse my ignorance, but what is 'Sitred' fired pork from that Chinese menu, as it's a new one on me?!

*Dofts cap* That's the never say die spirit I admire, kudos....
                LOL - I saw that in the pic also. It looks like someone made up that menu while they were drinking. Even drugs wouldn't have caused all those errors.

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Bloody mary is always what I ask for on the first pass of the cabin crew. Then a bottle (mini) of red with the ghastly food...I usually play swapsies with husband - he gets my bread, desert, potatoes...I get another mini bottle of el plonko. I sleep; he stays awake for 24 hours watching sh*t movies.

Sounds like a fair trade. I would like to hear the 19 year old you having breakfast bloody mary, though.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                Have I ever told you all that I haven't flown since the mid-1980s? It's not that I'm paranoid about hungover pilots or anything... Yeah, it really is.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                tiz why I wear cowboy boots to sporting events.... you can get at least one bottle in each boot top...
                That's that American Ingenuity we're famous for.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Monday, April 14, 2014

Today Iím grateful that US Wellness had its beautiful lard back in stock. I wonder what it says about my life that Iím grateful for lard. Itís pretty. Itís useful. But, in most peopleís world, itís just lard. Here in New Orleans, finding good lard can be a hassle. So, I ordered lard, stocked up on ground bison (I love, love their ground bison), and got a couple of pounds of stew beef because with the 15% off code, itís less expensive than local.

Iím not grateful, though I should be, about having to cut my fingernails again. This is so genetic. My mother and grandmother had nails that grew fast, long, and hard (okay, fast, long, and hard could describe something a whole lot more fun than nails). However, my mom and grandmother didnít live in a world where keyboarding was a material part of what they did. Generally, I cut them when I start hitting the ď4Ē key when I mean to hit the ďe.Ē

You might be thinking that Iím lucky, because when I kept my nails long and polished, it was pretty effortless. But my toenails often look like Howard Freakiní Hughesí toenails. Iíve had lovers tell me that I had to cut my toenails not because they looked bad, but because I cut them when sleeping. Itís a tad embarrassing. Hey Babe, you need to cut your toenails again. :::Looks down and they look only a bit long.::: I do? Yeah, I woke up bleeding where you gashed my ankle/calf/whatever in your sleep. :::blush::: (In a large enough bed, with a lover who rolls over to his side, I donít send them off to the guest room. Unless Iím having a hard time falling asleep which means he fell down on the job anyway, so off to the guest room for him!)

Amazon. I think that Amazon ships more slowly now if you donít have Prime. I donít see a need for Prime for me. But, it used to be that Amazon shipped practically the day after the order. Now they take their sweet old time. Donít turn into a twat, Amazon. I rarely do business with twats.

I was going to make catfish ceviche today. I looked a couple of recipes and according to Alton Brown, the fish has to ďcookĒ in its acid marinade for 6-8 hours. So, I figured that instead of ceviche, Iíd just poach the catfish and then add it to a tomato and greens salad. Then I never ate the salad, so I could have made the ceviche. My life is often like this.

Something is living in my wall that is the size of an elephant. I would tell my landlord, but as far as effective living goes, I might as well go tell the drunk that occasionally sleeps under the dumpster on the corner.

My life used to be hectic. Now itís calm. Some might say boring. My life is my life. In that Zen way that I strive for, I am always exactly where I am supposed to be.

The only cast members from the original Gilliganís Island that are still alive are Dawn Wells/Mary Ann (75) and Tina Louise/Ginger (80). All the men and Lovey are dead. I had no idea, but the actress that played Lovey (Natalie Schafer) was 13 years older than Jim Backus (Thurston Howell III) and died when she was 91 in 1991. The Skipper and his Little Buddy both died at about 70 years old from cancers. The rest lived to ripe old ages.

Trivia is fun. Free association is fun, though I have no idea if itís fun for the reader.

From here: Cucumber Lemonade (with Gin!) - A Beautiful Mess, I got this recipe:
                  Cucumber Gin Lemonade

3 ounces fresh lemon juice
                  3 ounces fresh cucumber juice
                  2 ounces gin
                  2 ounces simple syrup
                  Club soda

In a tall glass, combine the lemon juice, cucumber juice, gin, and simple syrup. Stir. Add ice and top off with club soda. Taste and add more simple syrup if more sweetness is desired. Garnish with lemon and cucumber slices. Enjoy!

Which gave me the following idea:
                  Equal parts lemon and cucumber juice*
                  3 oz vodka
                  1 teaspoon simple syrup

Which was really nice and refreshing, but a 1:1 ratio of lemon juice to cucumber juice overpowers the cucumber. I would go 2:1 cucumber:lemon juice. Also, unless youíre a big sour fan like I am, youíll need more simple syrup. Oddly, this drink gets better as you drink it.

*I donít have a juicer, so that might account for my results. I used a plain wooden citrus reamer on both the lemon and the cucumber. So many of my substitutions become laughable failures, but Iím happy to say that you can ream a cucumber. *ahem*

Canít wait for June when the watermelons start being plentiful. Cucumber/watermelon; watermelon/basil Ė fun stuff to try.

One thing youíll never see me make: any cocktail containing kale.

Todayís silliness:

Iím speechless.

At least itís paleo.

Nothing satisfies hunger like a big olí Barfy Burger!

Peace, love, and sweet dreams,
                  J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    [center]
                    I’m speechless.
                    for youuuuuuu

beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• haaaaaaaaaaahahaaa
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          for youuuuuuu

LOL! What does one put on ass crackers?

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          haaaaaaaaaaahahaaa
                          I try to be open minded when it comes to food, but I don't think I'll be eating any ass fudge anytime soon!!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• butt floss is what you put on ass crackers..... geesh...

and the jokes that could be made about Welsh lady fudge..... endless, and totally tasteless... the jokes, not the fudge.. I'm sure the fudge has a flavor...

Comment

• If I'm wildly guessing about what fun you were thinking of instead of nails wouldn't slow, long and hard be better, ya don't wants to be too fast....wander what colour dye they put in they ass pearls?!

Shouldn't ass fudge be the topping for the ass crackers, beingg that two wrongs do make a right and all that, umm, or maybe not in this case....Does butt floss get trapped in the teeths Doc....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                butt floss is what you put on ass crackers..... geesh...

and the jokes that could be made about Welsh lady fudge..... endless, and totally tasteless... the jokes, not the fudge.. I'm sure the fudge has a flavor...
                                Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                If I'm wildly guessing about what fun you were thinking of instead of nails wouldn't slow, long and hard be better, ya don't wants to be too fast....wander what colour dye they put in they ass pearls?!

Shouldn't ass fudge be the topping for the ass crackers, beingg that two wrongs do make a right and all that, umm, or maybe not in this case....Does butt floss get trapped in the teeths Doc....
                                You guys are killing me.

I'm actually going to address ass fudge in my next post later today.

ETA: Slow is definitely better.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X