No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want goat feta burgers! I also want GF bread that doesn't suck all the moisture out of your mouth!!!!!!

I've never had ground goat but I have had goat kabobs and grilled hunks of goat. The kabobs were at a hippy goat farm and the hunks of goat was at an Easter celebration in the Peloponnese, in both cases the meat was marinated with olive oil, lots of garlic and rosemary, washed down with rough red wine, yum!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• I make popsicles for Sweetie:

12 oz. berries (usually raspberries, a bag of unsweetened frozen ones)
      1 c. water
      1/3 c. lime or lemon juice
      Sometimes I add a banana into the mix.

Blenderize like a smoothie and pour into molds and freeze. Sweetie loves ice cream and popsicles, and the store-bought kind have the first ingredient as "sugar". And usually the second and third ingredients are some form of sugar, too.

This recipe fills two molds that I got at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (four popsicles in each mold) sometimes with a little left over. Any smoothie recipe usually makes good popsicles!

Comment

• Rascal as a baby.jpg

how could anyone eat this wee frella ??????

he is my one and only grandkid !!!!!! ( i have two and a half grandchildren, but hes my only grandkid !!!!!!)
        Attached Files
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• i do not know how that second piccy got on there J, and I haver no idea how to delete it, but its one of the piccys I took while travelling in your beautiful country !!!!!!! WHY - i do not know !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            I want goat feta burgers! I also want GF bread that doesn't suck all the moisture out of your mouth!!!!!!

I've never had ground goat but I have had goat kabobs and grilled hunks of goat. The kabobs were at a hippy goat farm and the hunks of goat was at an Easter celebration in the Peloponnese, in both cases the meat was marinated with olive oil, lots of garlic and rosemary, washed down with rough red wine, yum!
            It is pretty delectable stuff. The first time I cooked goat chops (which are teeny tiny little suckers), I was going to go all curry on them. Then I smelled them and I knew I had to try them just lightly seasoned.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            I make popsicles for Sweetie:

12 oz. berries (usually raspberries, a bag of unsweetened frozen ones)
            1 c. water
            1/3 c. lime or lemon juice
            Sometimes I add a banana into the mix.

Blenderize like a smoothie and pour into molds and freeze. Sweetie loves ice cream and popsicles, and the store-bought kind have the first ingredient as "sugar". And usually the second and third ingredients are some form of sugar, too.

This recipe fills two molds that I got at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (four popsicles in each mold) sometimes with a little left over. Any smoothie recipe usually makes good popsicles!
            Those sound great, Goldie. That's kind of what I'm thinking of to preserve fresh fruit so it doesn't turn into one of my lab experiments in the fridge. The butter popsicles, I'm thinking of basing on butter cream frosting with less sugar.

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
            [ATTACH]16178[/ATTACH]

how could anyone eat this wee frella ??????

he is my one and only grandkid !!!!!! ( i have two and a half grandchildren, but hes my only grandkid !!!!!!)
            And he looks delicious, G! When is the half grandchild arriving?

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
            i do not know how that second piccy got on there J, and I haver no idea how to delete it, but its one of the piccys I took while travelling in your beautiful country !!!!!!! WHY - i do not know !!!!!!!
            It's weird G. It doesn't show up in the quote, either. A phantom pic - what witchery is this? Reminds me of Upstate NY, but it could be anywhere from about Illinois to the East Coast.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Still a day behind

Friday, April 11, 2014

Today I am grateful for books, or novels to be more precise. As a leisure activity, there are few things that I like more than reading a good book. One of the few envious thoughts I ever have is toward authors that string words together in a way that takes me to a different place.

Ugh, too much bread in too few days. Back to meatloaf for me. Good bye my sweet little burgers. I shall see you in a month or more. Little actions and ripples. Cíest la vie.

Fortunately, ACV, being the magic elixir that it is, got rid of the momentary heartburn caused by said bread. And totally fast. One tablespoon in a big glass of water; two sips and gone. What is the magic in ACV?

I had a friend whom I knew in his 27th year of sobriety. As part of his participation in the AA culture, heíd man the hotline once in awhile. When someone would call and say, ďI want a drink,Ē heíd say, ďCome on down; Iíll give you five bucks for a drink. Now let me answer the phones for people who donít want to drink tonight.Ē A hard ass, yes.

Thereís a poster here who pretty much answers stuff in the same way. I love it. When everyone else is getting all touchy-feely about how tough it is to give up the old essentials like bags of Reeseís cups, this poster just steps up and posts how I feel.

News, fun in the kitchen, travel, and science:

Yeah, man, pull over there! (In my best Tommy Chong voice.)

We get love from the dogs, but we learn science from the cats.

Happy weekend boys and girls!
              J
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• little baby Georgia (aka George) is due late july. I cannot wait !!!!!
                I think that piccy was taken on one of the main highways east of seattle !!!!!! However which one ???????? We travwelled 5000+ miles, so its anyones guess LOL

All my new wee hunter gatherer friends are about to arrive. Should be fun !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  little baby Georgia (aka George) is due late july. I cannot wait !!!!!
                  I think that piccy was taken on one of the main highways east of seattle !!!!!! However which one ???????? We travwelled 5000+ miles, so its anyones guess LOL

All my new wee hunter gatherer friends are about to arrive. Should be fun !!!!!!!
                  Oh, G, that's so exciting! I wish I had grandbabies - problem is that I never wanted children, and they're a bit of a prerequisite.

Just a jog to your memory, but anything west of Seattle would be water! *hug*

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I now know why I suck at ironing! I was born a man. Now my husband is really good at it so does that mean he was really born a woman? He says he is good because he was in the Navy but now I am not so sure.

Gwamma, that is exciting about the newest grandchild. Like Joanie, I will miss having them. My parents were so different with Grandkids then they were with us, it was so fun to watch. Right now I get lots of enjoyment out of other people's kids and then go home to my quiet house, which is the best of both worlds.

Joanie, I get it about hamburgers on a bun. Yesterday we went out to the Cheesecake Factory and they have gluten free buns. I got one. I only ate a tiny bit of the bun itself, using it mostly to hold the burger and picking off pieces of the bun as I ate, but it was nice to feel "normal" for once while eating out.

We ate out today at a place that allowed dogs on their patio. I guess it is what they are known for. The patio was huge and there were 10-15 dogs there by the time we left. The dogs each got a bowl of water when they got there and a bowl of chicken and rice when their owners got their meals. It was too cute! There were dogs of all sizes and all well behaved.

I am thankful that I don't have to do all my shopping on the weekends because there are too many people out on the weekends! Hubby needed some stuff for the trip he leaves on tomorrow and our little city has nothing, so we had to go over into the "big" city. I need a nap now! And a drink, if I could drink!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                      I now know why I suck at ironing! I was born a man. Now my husband is really good at it so does that mean he was really born a woman? He says he is good because he was in the Navy but now I am not so sure.

Gwamma, that is exciting about the newest grandchild. Like Joanie, I will miss having them. My parents were so different with Grandkids then they were with us, it was so fun to watch. Right now I get lots of enjoyment out of other people's kids and then go home to my quiet house, which is the best of both worlds.

Joanie, I get it about hamburgers on a bun. Yesterday we went out to the Cheesecake Factory and they have gluten free buns. I got one. I only ate a tiny bit of the bun itself, using it mostly to hold the burger and picking off pieces of the bun as I ate, but it was nice to feel "normal" for once while eating out.

We ate out today at a place that allowed dogs on their patio. I guess it is what they are known for. The patio was huge and there were 10-15 dogs there by the time we left. The dogs each got a bowl of water when they got there and a bowl of chicken and rice when their owners got their meals. It was too cute! There were dogs of all sizes and all well behaved.

I am thankful that I don't have to do all my shopping on the weekends because there are too many people out on the weekends! Hubby needed some stuff for the trip he leaves on tomorrow and our little city has nothing, so we had to go over into the "big" city. I need a nap now! And a drink, if I could drink!
                      LOL on you being born as a man. I think you just gave the haters something to rant about. I hate ironing. I used to earn extra money by ironing my dad's work shirts. Long sleeves can bite me.

Burgers on bread are my last hold out really. But I'd been overdoing it. A half dozen bagels every two weeks turned into a half dozen weekly, and that's really bread almost every day. Time to put the brakes on. Did the GF buns taste good? I remember the Cheesecake Factory! Cool beans on something still existing from my days in CA.

Oh, I love the woofers on the patio. And well behaved, also! It's so cute that they serve the dogs when they serve the owners.

+1 on weekend chores/shopping. One of the best things about being a SAHWife and/or semi-retired is not having to play catch-up on the weekends with all the people who work nine-to-five. Even when I worked full time, I liked the jobs that gave me either Fri & Sat or Sun & Mon off. This way I had one day off with the "normals" and one day off when they were all at work.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Catching up

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Today I am grateful to be back on track and that my body reacts very quickly when I do so. Last night, I ate a nice healthy supper of ground lamb (I drained the fat off because I just wasnít in the mood for fatty food), rice, chopped tomato, chopped cucumber (turns out cucumber cooks up nicely), some chow chow relish (mostly cabbage), basil, and some of the tomato jam I made. Yummy and filling, and in just a dayís time, Iíve stopped farting like a tuba.*

*I stole that expression from someone.

Throughout the rest of the day, I had hardboiled eggs and strawberries with a protein cream. Protein cream is merely a scoop of protein shake powder thatís only diluted enough to make it creamy. It was okay to dip the strawberries in, but I totally like it more as a shake.

I have no idea what I want to eat tonight, so Iím defrosting both ground beef and catfish. I recently found a pdf that listed the amount of o3s in various fish. Because of the way catfish cooks up in a pan, I was surprised it had so little. There is fat, but I guess it doesnít contain much o3s. I still love it.

My only goal for this weekend is to finish reading a book that Iíve been reading between other stuff. Now itís time to finish it. I have a loaner from a neighbor that also needs reading, and I have a book coming from Amazon.

57 seconds of baby sloth squeaks: You've Never Known Love Until You've Heard A Baby Sloth Squeak (VIDEO)

Just a thought (and a teensy tinsy implied bitch). There is no vegan quiche. Quiche is made with cheese and eggs and cream (three of the most delicious animal based foods on the planet). Even crustless, itís delicious, though I guess there are some who would argue, and rightfully so, that a quiche without a crust is really a savory custard. Iím good with that. But Tofu Quiche is an abomination. Call it tofu pie, and Iíll promise to never again call anything without a crust quiche.

Silliness:

Yummy!

Thereís a certain symmetry to putting condoms next to the baby foodÖ

Look Ė up in the air! Itís a bird! Itís a plane! No, itís Super Bowel!

Peace, babies,
                        J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Sunday, April 13, 2014

Today Iím grateful for perfect weather and for getting out of the three day insomnia slump. My brain already feels so much better after two days of good sleep.

Hereís an interesting product: hotbellybacongrease.com I guess itís not for me, because if Iím going to spend for bacon fat, Iím sure as shit going to enjoy eating the bacon first, but I like the idea of it.

Hereís a food storage tip I got in email today:

Bay leaves to the rescue. Here's a great tip for you. To help keep bugs at bay put whole bay leaves in your containers that you're packing food in and also place bay leaves and cinnamon sticks around the storage room. Many varieties of pests don't care for bay leaves or cinnamon and will leave that area alone.
                          Almost Paleo Bloody Mary

Equipment: a blender, a cocktail shaker, a measuring cup, and a shot glass.
                          • ĺ cup of organic chopped tomatoes
                          • the juice of half an organic lemon or whole lime
                          • a splash of water
                          • spices to taste, but some that work: black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt
                          • hot sauce to taste
                          • 3-4 oz vodka

Put everything except the vodka into the blender. Blend until smooth Ė itís not going to look as red as store bought tomato juice because youíre probably not going to add red dye.

Put three good-sized ice cubes in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the 3-4 oz of vodka. Add the tomato mixture. Cover and shake until your hands feel cold. No need to strain - just pour into a tall glass.

Acceptable garnishes: a stalk of celery (traditional), olives, cherry tomatoes, a wedge/slice/spiral peel of the citrus, or get fancy and garnish it with everything and call it your big assed salad for the day.

Drink and have a happy Sunday brunch!

Note: there are few rules for a Bloody Mary. Some people add Worcestershire sauce. To make a Bloody Maria, substitute silver tequila for the vodka. Somewhere (in fact in hindsight it sounds awesome), someone probably includes coconut aminos. Also, ďAlmost Paleo,Ē just means that Iím thinking grok didnít have access to clean distillation processes for a long time.

After 35 days with no alcohol, Iím ready for some experimentation. Iím guessing more recipes will follow.

Adult Basil Lemonade

Equipment: a cocktail shaker, shot glass or other liquid measure, scissors, and a muddler.
                          • 3-4 oz vodka or other clear spirit
                          • juice of one lemon or lime (organic if youíve got Ďem)
                          • 1 teaspoon basil simple syrup
                          • 1 big fat leaf of fresh basil

Take the basil leaf and gently rub it between your palms. Youíre just getting its juices going. Cut it the long way, then roll it like a cigar/joint/whatever your reference point. With the scissors, cut it into small pieces cross-wise into the cocktail shaker. Take the muddler, and with a downward and rotational motion, squish the basil. You donít want to pulverize it into non-existence, just to release all of the flavor. Add ice (2-3 cubes). Add everything else (generally one adds the alcohol first) and add a splash of water.

Shake until your hands are cold. Strain over one ice cube into a small glass. I drank this short, but you can totally make this a sipper/civilized drink by making it tall with more water.

If you donít have a muddler, but you have a mortar and pestle, you can do the basil in that. If you have neither, rub the basil between your palms more, and use the back end of anything in your kitchen that will squish the basil. If you donít have the simple syrup and donít feel like making it, add sugar to the basil in the first step Ė it actually makes muddling easier because the granules facilitate the basil releasing its juices.

Enjoy Ė Sunday is shaping up to be a banner brunch day. (Iím guessing this lemonade would be terrific with tequila.)

I have no idea how much longer the recipes will continue.

According to google translate, this is Pain de Viande Avec des Oeufs (meatloaf with eggs, but doesnít it sound cool in French?):

Itís for one person, so: Ground beef (8 oz of 90/10), one egg in the meat mixture and two added at the end on top, cherry tomatoes chopped in half (four), chopped fresh basil, one tablespoon potato flour. Spices because I was really in the mood to just taste meat and eggs: black pepper and some garlic powder. Squish the meat, garlic powder, black pepper, one egg, potato flour, and chopped basil together. Put into a parchment lined loaf pan. Make a divot in the center and push the half cherry tomatoes into the divot and anywhere else you want them. Bake at 385 for about 35 minutes. When the meat looks like it will be done within 20 minutes, gently crack two eggs on top Ė hopefully theyíll land in the divot. Bake for another 20 minutes. Let rest for 20 minutes.

I know my food pics basically suck, but that was one of the most satisfying meals Iíve had in a long time. It tasted awesome, and it felt like it was fueling me for anything life had to hand out to me.

And here was what I had for supper tonight:

See, I eat plants. And though tomatoes and olives are technically fruit, there is cauliflower and carrot in the olive salad, so I even eat veggies. Probably not as awesome on the health-o-meter as last nightís meal. No instructions needed on this meal. Lay crap on a plate. Eat. My first summer/no prep work meal. As a note, thatís three variations of Spanish ham, some feta, cherry tomatoes, and olive salad. The olive salad came pre-made in a jar, so there is no provenance, and for that I hang my head in shame.

Silliness for the eyes to follow.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Part 2

I think this person should sue the entire school district.

Did I ever tell yíall about the time my bf fell asleep with his glasses on
                            and I put mini post its on his lenses so that when he woke up all
                            he could see was yellow?

Ick.

I love a good sense of humor.

Peace, love, and sleeping under ceiling fans,
                            J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• The pain de viande with either one of the Bloody Marys sounds like a perfect meal to me!
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                                The pain de viande with either one of the Bloody Marys sounds like a perfect meal to me!
                                I agree! Sadly, I ate the meatloaf one day before breaking my alcohol fast.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X