B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved the Demonic Bunnyrolls!

VH, DS's doctor's appointment went very well. Everyone had to comment on how tall he is, 5' 11" and quite lean. His lung capacity is remarkable, he started lifting this year with his dad and I think it's really paying off in his overall health. We had a lovely dinner at a restaurant we really like in Oakland, A Cote:
    Dinner » À Côté Restaurant Our favorites are the mussels and french fries and for dessert DS always orders the ricotta fritters with dipping sauces.

We also went to the Oakland museum, it was his first time and he loved it.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• And I am so grateful to you and your journal! I laugh, I cry, I see silly pictures.

I love making duck confit so that pork dish shouldn't be too tough. When I got my pig, the rancher threw in about 10lbs of fat for free. Tomorrow is pickled egg day and next week if I can unbury the fat and other pork bites, I will have to try that. I love how caramely that pork gets.

I like Defiance. We watched the first season. The weird thing about the Syfy channel, other than the stupid spelling of their name, is they make great series but horrible movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
        Loved the Demonic Bunnyrolls!

VH, DS's doctor's appointment went very well. Everyone had to comment on how tall he is, 5' 11" and quite lean. His lung capacity is remarkable, he started lifting this year with his dad and I think it's really paying off in his overall health. We had a lovely dinner at a restaurant we really like in Oakland, A Cote:
        Dinner » À Côté Restaurant Our favorites are the mussels and french fries and for dessert DS always orders the ricotta fritters with dipping sauces.

I am so glad! I was thinking of you guys, especially since you were so close. Next time, maybe we will have to get together. And sadly, I did not know that Oakland had a museum. I known there are nice parts of Oakland but most of the time I just drive through it to get to Berkley or SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
          Loved the Demonic Bunnyrolls!

I'm so glad to hear this.

One thing I always loved about the Bay Area was that good food was available at so many price points. When you are in other parts of the country, often good food is only available from posh restaurants. I looked at the link you posted and that's a comfortable restaurant with some awesome food.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
          And I am so grateful to you and your journal! I laugh, I cry, I see silly pictures.

I love making duck confit so that pork dish shouldn't be too tough. When I got my pig, the rancher threw in about 10lbs of fat for free. Tomorrow is pickled egg day and next week if I can unbury the fat and other pork bites, I will have to try that. I love how caramely that pork gets.

I like Defiance. We watched the first season. The weird thing about the Syfy channel, other than the stupid spelling of their name, is they make great series but horrible movies.
          I first read that as 100 lbs of fat and I swooned at the thought of 100 pounds of pork fat. I don't eat a lot of pork, but healthy lard is a go-to fat of mine.

I just re-watched the first season of Defiance. Jaime Murray (Stahma Tarr) is so cool. She's been cast as so many weird things. She played H.G. Wells on Warehouse 13 (cancelled this year) and Lila West on Dexter. I'm so sad to see Warehouse 13 gone. Dexter had a good run. I saw an interview with the actress, and she was laughing at all the makeup it takes to make her into Stahma. She said she leaves white where ever she goes.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
          I am so glad! I was thinking of you guys, especially since you were so close. Next time, maybe we will have to get together. And sadly, I did not know that Oakland had a museum. I known there are nice parts of Oakland but most of the time I just drive through it to get to Berkley or SF.
          One of the few things that remains the same in the Bay Area is the stigma of Oakland.

It's 1030pm, and I'm in the mood for coffee. I will resist.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            Lol on making them. I think if I put avocado on my face, by the time it came time to wash it off, I'd have already eaten it. Which is totally gross, I know.

O.M.G. I screen captured every single pic. Thank you!

"jer ner sasquatch!" LMAO. Never heard that before and it suits you (in a good way).

Yes, a person with a phobia about someone cutting off all her hair probably wouldn't shave her own head, even if she had the face for it (and I don't).

Uh oh on the mugs. I know I like my frosted shot glasses, so I'm guessing frosted mugs are much the same. Beer... It's going to be hot here fairly soon. Already having weather getting up to 77F. The occasional icy cold beer is one of the best things about hot weather.

I had purple streaks put in my hair a few years ago (and bought new glasses to update my look). Had the rest dyed black. It was the first time I'd ever done a coloring professionally. A nice splurge, but I gotta tell you, the color didn't last any longer than when I do it myself, and where she bleached the streaks before applying the purple faded quickly. I covered the whole thing in black eventually. But the white growing at my right temple might be ripe for some brightness. Because it's so hidden most of the time, I'm thinking magenta might not be bad. Maybe I could dye the (not very much) carpet to match the curtains. heh.
            cuz god knows the carpet and the drapes HAVE TO MATCH!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              Isn't it considered more 'fashion' to coordinate rather than match? Like shoes and bags...
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• College Ave in Oakland is pretty much just like Berkeley, cafes, boutique gift shops, bookstores and so many hair salons! I really like the Oakland museum, it has 3 separate sections all devoted to California: natural history, art, and history from pre Spanish to present. DS isn't interested in art so we skipped that. The parking is pretty cheap and it's right below the museum.

The neighborhood where the hospital is is less than ideal, you would not want to walk there at night.
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                  Isn't it considered more 'fashion' to coordinate rather than match? Like shoes and bags...
                  I'm not a fashion guru, or an interior decorator... thats the beauty of wearing jeans and t shirts... they always match... or coordinate.. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    "jer ner sasquatch!" LMAO. Never heard that before and it suits you (in a good way).
                    Thanks, sort of made it up as I spelt it....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    My brain is on vacation today.
                    Welcome to my world....

That pig jam looks good, just not sure if I got the patiance to make it....And that canned chook is decidely average, it'd take some work to make it look like the lable!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    I'm not a fashion guru, or an interior decorator... thats the beauty of wearing jeans and t shirts... they always match... or coordinate.. lol
                    Preach it my man, my combo of choice since Noah was a boy....

Comment

Ask, and the Guardian delivers: What every man should know about fashion in 2014 | Fashion | The Guardian
                      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                        Honestly, it's easier to just ditch the carpet.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                        College Ave in Oakland is pretty much just like Berkeley, cafes, boutique gift shops, bookstores and so many hair salons! I really like the Oakland museum, it has 3 separate sections all devoted to California: natural history, art, and history from pre Spanish to present. DS isn't interested in art so we skipped that. The parking is pretty cheap and it's right below the museum.

The neighborhood where the hospital is is less than ideal, you would not want to walk there at night.
                        Hospitals often seem to be in fairly inconvenient places. Still, I'd rather they spent the money on great equipment than on prime real estate. Y'all are making me want to visit CA. It's been so many years.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        Love jeans and tshirts. In their own way, they're as classic as a nice dark suit (which I also love).

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        Thanks, sort of made it up as I spelt it....

Welcome to my world....

That pig jam looks good, just not sure if I got the patiance to make it....And that canned chook is decidely average, it'd take some work to make it look like the lable!

Preach it my man, my combo of choice since Noah was a boy....
                        There are tons of recipes for the pig jam that look much easier. That one was definitely for the beauty of the process. That chicken... *shudder*

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                        Cute article. I had a friend who was one of the most beautiful men I'd ever met. Tallest guy in the room, a mouth that made women think lascivious thoughts... He said that the way he chose what to wear was that when he washed his laundry, he just folded his shirts in one pile and his slacks in another, then just wore what was at the top of each pile. Once he'd said it, some of his "outfits" made sense. Did I mention that he was eccentric?
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Yesterday

Thursday, April 10, 2014

The goat burgers were delish. As were the lamb burgers that I made tonight with feta and fresh garlic.

Meat and bread. Oh how I know that bread is bad for me. I know that two days in a row without bread, and I am fart-free. But meat and bread are so good together. Better than cheese and bread, because cheese stands alone just fine. I don’t feel deprived when I eat cheese with no bread. But a burger with no bread? Egad.

We are swimming in strawberries and basil and greens right now. Duck eggs are available, so they’re going to be a new thing for 2014. I learned that duck eggs have a superior ratio of yolk to white, so yeah, duck eggs.

Good Eggs hasn’t had unsalted butter in quite some time. At the bottom of the pages, they have a link to request products. I wrote the following:
                          Product you’re requesting: We need unsalted butter!

Reason: Because butter. *chuckle*

Seriously, Good Eggs in conjunction with my meat and fish vendors (both online) have made it so that I haven't had to go to a regular grocery store in months. Sadly, with no butter, I shall have to sully that record by deigning to step into Whole Paycheck for some quality butter. I shall be circling a sad face on my mood calendar.

Love you guys,
                          JoanieL

Not sure if they’ll get that the email is tongue in cheek, or just write me off as a nutcase. Can’t much care since being a nutcase is just fine with me.

My Amazon order has a bunch of good stuff in it. Tongs, which I keep forgetting to order. 72 Handiwipes – love these things, and being able to order them online keeps me out of MalWart. Some popsicle molds; highlighters. A 2-pack of whey shakes a good 20% cheaper than I can buy it locally. Some B complex. A book. Five steno pads – that will take me through a year. And some Croc flip flops. It will be xmas in April when it arrives.

I bought some basil (Sweet Italian) and it smells so good that I rubbed it on my wrists.

Anti-ageing compound set for human trials after turning clock back for mice | Science | theguardian.com

Two-year-old mice were given a compound over a week, moving back the key indicators of aging to that of a six-month-old mouse. Researchers said this was the equivalent of making a 60-year-old person feel like a 20-year-old.
                          That would be awesome! Oh how I hope they rush that research along. I wonder what it does for heart muscle.

Here’s a bitch: I did a search to see if Chipotle is going to make any more episodes of Farmed and Dangerous, and ran across an article that started out as a “review” of the series, only to become a pro-vaccination article. Now this isn’t an issue for me. No kids, and the only things we had to be vaccinated for back in the stone-age were smallpox and polio. My objection was how sneaky and sure sounding the writer was that there’s no link between vaccinations and autism, etc. I won’t even link the thing because though I surely believe everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, it’s also okay for me to not encourage anyone to read something I consider to be drivel.

Usually, when I read that type of stuff, I just think it’s stupid. But by the time I’d finished reading that article (which used the word “studies” about every other sentence), I was muttering a six syllable compound swear word (about every other sentence). Hmmph!

Let’s get silly:

This is a pretty garden space.

This is an imaginative and quirky garden space.

This is a creepy garden space.

I want to shake this teacher’s hand!

Peace,
                          J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I had goat as a child and remembering it tasting like lamb. Did it taste like lamb?

So what are the Popsicle molds for?

I want my garden to be pretty like the first one. I am working on it but with the drought, no new plants that don't produce food this year. I do have a bright purple chair and I am going to turn my garden shed into a brightly colored country cottage so there will be some color.

I thought of you when I made brunch. It was bone broth, coconut aminos, nori strips, garlic, an egg and canned oysters in water. Yummo!

Comment

• ******** waving furiously back *********
                              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                                I had goat as a child and remembering it tasting like lamb. Did it taste like lamb?

So what are the Popsicle molds for?

I want my garden to be pretty like the first one. I am working on it but with the drought, no new plants that don't produce food this year. I do have a bright purple chair and I am going to turn my garden shed into a brightly colored country cottage so there will be some color.

I thought of you when I made brunch. It was bone broth, coconut aminos, nori strips, garlic, an egg and canned oysters in water. Yummo!
                                It's leaner than lamb whether ground or a cut. It's - ack - how do you describe a taste? It's not as identifiable as lamb. But it definitely doesn't taste like chicken.

I was going to invent butter popsicles, but even if I don't do that, I figured that having them around would be a good way to be able to take advantage of sale prices on fruits. Buy quantity and turn them into frozen nummies.

Love the idea of the shed. And your brunch sounds stellar! Are canned oysters in water cooked before they're canned? I've only had the canned in smoked.

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                                ******** waving furiously back *********
                                Hi hi GwammaAdventurer. You've got some mileage going on this year fersure!

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X