B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Used to work with a guy who done that to songs on the radio, only thing was he was adamant he was singing the right lyrics, it was hysterical....

Now your talking....

Persactly, he would never lower himself!!

They pictures are priceless, I just laughed so hard me head aches....the top pair are killer!
    I've got one thing on him - I know that I get things wrong. Especially lyrics.

Glad I could give you a laugh!

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
    After passing out from one too many, you always have a bit of a nasty taste in your mouth. Can you image what Urinal Guy woke up with?!?

My SIL used to think that the lyrics "the girl with kaleidoscope eyes" were "the girl with colitis goes by". She thought they were singing about her because she had colitis.
    I laughed so hard at the girl with colitis goes by! I'm very glad that I wasn't drinking anything, or my keyboard would be soaked.

Looks like the guy with his head in the urinal is the winner, though I'm partial to the last guy on the bench also. He reminds me of an old drinking buddy. And no, I can't imagine what that would be like. While I've had my drunken misadventures (quelle surprise!), I can honestly say that my head has never been in a urinal. Waking up with someone who looked so young that I asked him for ID? That might have happened in my misspent youth(ish).

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
    Hi Joanie!

It's me, your local lurker again. That tongue brine got me to thinking/wondering. Does it kinda turn out like corned beef?

Just curious because I'm hunting my freezer for tougher cuts of meat to make some corned beef and found the beef tongue (and tons of packages of liver) from last fall.
    If I can hide the fact that it's the tongue from the rest of the family, I think it would be great for corned beef.
    Hi Aurora! It comes out a lot like corned beef. Tongue is fattier and more succulent. But if you slice it and crisp it a little in a pan, I bet they'll love it. Then you can bring out the membrane and exclaim, "You all just ate a cow's tongue - ha ha!" If you have a dog, they love the membrane.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Forgot to post this yesterday

Monday, March 24, 2014

I woke up this morning clutching my stomach. My first thought was, ďChicken feet pain?Ē But it turned out to just be tension. It got very cool overnight, and Iíd slept through with not even one trip to pee, so I woke up cold and shivering. Same pain I used to get when my parents would argue. But not at all like the pain they finally blessed me with when their arguing gave me an ulcer as a teenager. LOL. Beware the first-borns as they often take on too much in their youths. (Iíve made up for it by reverting back to childhood.)

(Can anyone ever hear/see the word youth without remembering the court scene from My Cousin Vinny?)

Yesterday my neighbor knocked on my door just to say hi, but she also wanted to know if I wanted more of her pepper jelly! (Does a bear poop next to a dumpster?) Sheís branching out a bit and asked me what flavors Iíd like to try. I told her that her plain one was my favorite. She was a little tipsy, so she brought me one jar of pineapple-jalapeno, and one jar of blueberry-blackberry-jalapeno. Iím not complaining. At. All. She still wonít let me pay her, so Iím going to get her a fifth of vodka. I canít be the moochy neighbor. Her live-in love has been making hot sauce, so heís going to bring me a bottle of that.

Does this ever happen to you? You go over to youtube, and you find the clip you want for your post. Then one of the links on the page is something like Celebrities who died in 2012 part I, so you check it out, and itís done pretty well, so you have to watch part II, then 2013 parts I and II, then famous suicides, top musicians who died at 27, people we lost too soonÖ And before you know it, itís a quarter past noon, and all youíve gotten done is your walk, some laundry, put on a pot of bone broth, and washed last nightís dishes.* And of course, youíve watched a whole lot of dead people. Or does that only happen to me?

*I live alone. I can leave dishes in the sink overnight and not feel one iota of guilt.

Iím interested in centenarians this week, so I did some reading.

10 Things That Make You Old and What To Do About Them - AgingCare.com

Favorite Foods of 5 Famous Centenarians | Care2 Healthy Living

Let's Eat, Drink and Grow Old Together | Psychology Today and some other stuff.

Hereís what my brain has retained. Though the types of foods they eat can are as varied as the centenarians themselves, one thing they seem to have in common a lot is that they eat less. Many as few as 1200 calories a day, which is considered a weight reduction diet in oneís prime.

They have positive attitudes, and strong enough wills not to get pushed around much. So far so good Ė Iím headed toward a century on the planet.

Then they get into the whole social thing. Church, community, familyÖ

All I can say is that I hope food and attitude play a bigger role than all that huggy, kissy, people stuff, or Iím toast.

Curmudgeonly yours,
      Moi
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
        My SIL used to think that the lyrics "the girl with kaleidoscope eyes" were "the girl with colitis goes by". She thought they were singing about her because she had colitis.
        LOL, that's better than the guy I know could ever think up, my favourite of his was, from Shocking Blues Venus, "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire, George of Siam"....

Yup to the youtube digressions J, do that with music videos, trawled through some right random stuff!

I didn't see a chicken/meat phall, in any of they foods, much to my chagrin....

And you can't knock receiving homemade hot sauce and jelly!

Comment

• My Cousin Vinny is one of my favorite movies. Not as high up there as Princess Bride. But still pretty good. I call my dogs the "two yutes" all of the time. Usually when they are being naughty or goofy. Which is frequent.

Vodka for yummy jelly sounds like a fair trade. Or you could slip her some tongue! Beef tongue, that is. I wish my neighbors cooked yummy stuff.

Comment

• I DONT live alone and have no qualms about leaving dishes undone in the sink......

Comment

Or you could slip her some tongue!
              The debauchery here is palpable.... which is probably why I keep coming back... cuz who don't like touching a little debauch ervery now and agin!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                The debauchery here is palpable.... which is probably why I keep coming back... cuz who don't like touching a little debauch ervery now and agin!
                Too right, my tongues getting bitten down on pretty hard trying to keep quiet....

V, The Princess Bride is a classic film, Ladyhawke is a film from that era I thought was great as well!

Comment

• I have not seen Ladyhawke but I will have to track it down.

I just thought I would share that I walked in the rain this morning and I did not melt!!! Maybe my mom was wrong and I am not made of sugar...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    LOL, that's better than the guy I know could ever think up, my favourite of his was, from Shocking Blues Venus, "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire, George of Siam"....

Yup to the youtube digressions J, do that with music videos, trawled through some right random stuff!

I didn't see a chicken/meat phall, in any of they foods, much to my chagrin....

And you can't knock receiving homemade hot sauce and jelly!
                    The music digressions are lovely. Between the neighbor and some I bought from a Good Eggs vendor, I think I have about five flavors of pepper jelly in my fridge.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    I DONT live alone and have no qualms about leaving dishes undone in the sink......
                    Men! *hug*

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    There is no way to answer that on a family oriented forum.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    Too right, my tongues getting bitten down on pretty hard trying to keep quiet....

V, The Princess Bride is a classic film, Ladyhawke is a film from that era I thought was great as well!
                    LOL on the tongue. I'm guessing you're at work? I haven't seen PBride in ages. I should give it another look.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                    I have not seen Ladyhawke but I will have to track it down.

I just thought I would share that I walked in the rain this morning and I did not melt!!! Maybe my mom was wrong and I am not made of sugar...
                    You're too brainy to be made of sugar completely - gotta have that protein and fat. But the kindness - that's all sugar, Baby!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Two days late!

I have been remiss in posting here. So, this is catching up time.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

After two days of running around, itís so very nice to have a couple of days of sloth. I like sloth. Mark doesnít like sloth. Heís a go-getter. Iím a sloth. I like him, but my life is one of enjoyment in the gentle things in life. A good book. A fun crossword puzzle. I was born to live to old age. Physical play is fun, but given my druthers, Iím all about brain play. Just a difference of opinion. Nothing to get all riled about. (Ending a sentence with a preposition is a no no, but there you have it.)

Got a nice yield on the bone broth yesterday. I pressure cooked the bones an extra hour (so four hours* total), and while it didnít affect the taste or ability to gel, the bones were definitely softer than usual when it finished, so maybe I leached out more minerals and other goodies.

*Four hours total, but not all at once. I refill the cooker with filtered water after each hour.

Iíve been living pretty cleanly lately, and the bone broth helps. Working on my sleep has been priority #2, so for the most part over the last whatever days, itís been lights-out between 10:30 and 11pm and I awaken somewhere around a quarter to five and 5:30am. There was one glaring exception of insomnia in that period, but fortunately, it didnít take me three days to get back to ďnormal.Ē

The only downside to changing sleep is that I drink my first mug of coffee down faster, and then Iím looking around for something warm to drink. So, bone broth. With half a sheet of nori torn into little pieces thrown in. Tasty, joint lubing, mineral giving, a bit of iodine from the nori, and with none of the grinding of teeth that two mugs of espresso drunk back-to-back brings. Small changes. Good habits.

Sometimes they get it right. While I have a strong aversion to watching even fictional human suffering, and have stopped watching Criminal Minds for just that reason, somehow Hannibal and The Blacklist are truly enjoyable gory shows. James Spader is incredibly diabolical, but also loveable. And Hannibal is disturbing in the very best way.

Two threads here caught my eye. The ďwatery stoolsĒ thread, mostly because itís just not a complete week here at MDA without a poop thread. And the ďHoney gathering linked to early human brain developmentĒ thread. My first thought is that almost everything is linked to early human brain development. Think about itÖ

Sometime between 3pm and 7pm, stewing tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, mustard greens, chipotle and ciapas salsas, tamarind chutney, shrimp and catfish will be delivered to me. Iím going to experiment with making tomato jam with a cilantro vibe.

And for fun:

Peace, love, and puppies,
                      J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Oh Joanie, those pictures made my day!
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                          Oh Joanie, those pictures made my day!
                          I'm so glad. I've been thinking about you. Is the sleeping/hunger thing going any better?

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Catching up through yesterday.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

April looms. My birth month. And its approach, as usual, brings introspection. This year it seems to be about how things have changed.

When I was a teenager, I lived in a small town in upstate NY. My friends and I often hitchhiked. It was relatively safe. I rarely took a ride with a man if I was alone Ė that pretty much was my only caution. The worst thing that ever happened was a guy who propositioned a friend and me. But everyone always propositioned her Ė she was stunning. Drugs were cheap. My crowd thought that people who drank alcohol were pretty much low-lifes. Drugs made you mellow (except speed, of course) and/or insightful; alcohol made you a hitter (someone who started fights). On the rare occasions that we did mix alcohol with drugs (parties), we drank something called Mateus wine and thought we were all that because Mateus was oh so cool. LOL.

I think my adult journey began when in 1974, I packed up my 1964 Chrysler 300 with boyfriend, two dogs, a stereo system, and $600, and headed off to San Francisco.

Deleted a bunch of stuff about other decades. Fast forward toÖ

So, here I am in New Orleans. Three years ago come next month, I was on my way to Pittsburgh, but I made a right when I should have made a left. The verdict is out on NOLA. There are things I love and things I donít. I occasionally think about packing it in and going to Pittsburgh. But, Iím basically lazy, so I have no idea if that will ever happen. One thing that I really love here is that I can be invisible. Itís one of the things that I love about all large cities.

There are the normal things that change. I remember 28cent/gallon (~3.75 liters for the metric folks) gasoline. I remember $1.85/hr minimum wage. Rotary phones. Even party-lines, though those really only existed in very rural areas when I was very young. The sticker price of a brand new 1969 VW Beetle was less than $2,000. You had to go into the bank to move money around. You could still rent a one-bedroom apartment in San Francisco for less than $200/month in 1974. But those are the kinds of things that all people remember as they age.

Iíve changed only a little. On the outside of course, I look older. I donít mind because Iíve earned every line. And Iíve kind of fallen in love with the white streak of hair growing at my lower right temple. Also, because I was so nearsighted all my life, as the over-40 farsightedness started, my vision actually improved. The only thing I really need reading glasses for is to look at dates on small coins. And, I wouldnít drive without my regular glasses, but theyíre not as strong as the glasses/contacts that I needed in my 20s.

Inside? Iím more cynical. Thatís the biggest thing. A bit more cautious. But basically (like a lot of people I think), I still feel like Iím really young. When did that white streak happen?

And for todayís Food PSA:

Peace, love, and paper hats,
                            J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• When I was young, we had a party-line! Of course, we lived in the country. The little girl down the hill used to love to eavesdrop on people and I remember my mom saying " Leslie, time to hang up the phone now". Then "Leslie, sweetie, I can still hear you". Then, "Leslie Ann Cxxx, I am going to come down there if you don't hang up right now". That happened about once a week until we got a single party phone line. To people who don't know what a party-line is, it is not where you call to have a good time. It is multi-person phone line where anyone on the line can hear your conversations. You have to listen to make sure no one else is talking and you have a dial tone before you dial. There were six families that shared our line. So much fun!

You have lived such an exciting life! Hopefully you have many more adventures ahead. I am too much of a planner and a worrier to do that. I took six months to plan and execute our move here and it still had some glitches. On the plus side, you keep your belongings to a minimum when you move around. Sometimes I like living in a close knit community but sometimes it can be a hassle. Everyone here knows everyone's business. It was sweet earlier when the lady a couple houses down brought me some candle making supplies she had but doesn't ever use. She heard that I make them from another neighbor that I gave some at Christmas. I will make some more and give her a bunch and maybe some soap, which is my next project. But then I invited her in and she stayed for a while, chatting up a storm. My morning plans were completely blown. It is nice occasionally but I would be ok being a hermit too.

Do you exciting plans for your birthday?

Comment

When I was young, we had a party-line! Of course, we lived in the country. The little girl down the hill used to love to eavesdrop on people and I remember my mom saying " Leslie, time to hang up the phone now". Then "Leslie, sweetie, I can still hear you". Then, "Leslie Ann Cxxx, I am going to come down there if you don't hang up right now". That happened about once a week until we got a single party phone line. To people who don't know what a party-line is, it is not where you call to have a good time. It is multi-person phone line where anyone on the line can hear your conversations. You have to listen to make sure no one else is talking and you have a dial tone before you dial. There were six families that shared our line. So much fun!

You have lived such an exciting life! Hopefully you have many more adventures ahead. I am too much of a planner and a worrier to do that. I took six months to plan and execute our move here and it still had some glitches. On the plus side, you keep your belongings to a minimum when you move around. Sometimes I like living in a close knit community but sometimes it can be a hassle. Everyone here knows everyone's business. It was sweet earlier when the lady a couple houses down brought me some candle making supplies she had but doesn't ever use. She heard that I make them from another neighbor that I gave some at Christmas. I will make some more and give her a bunch and maybe some soap, which is my next project. But then I invited her in and she stayed for a while, chatting up a storm. My morning plans were completely blown. It is nice occasionally but I would be ok being a hermit too.

Do you exciting plans for your birthday?
                                Six families - that's huge. My grandmother's summer home had one, but she only shared it with one other family. I wonder what has become of Leslie Ann Cxxx - maybe she's become a private investigator, or a gossip columnist.

A well-planned move is so excellent. When I went from FL to OH, I had the most time to organize of any move before or since. The only real thing that went wrong was that we had to saw off two legs of my sofa because there was no other way to get it into the apt. Fortunately they were the back legs, so how we put them back together didn't show.

No plans yet. I'll think of something.

Awesome on the candle making supplies.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X