Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    I am so being a housewife when I grow up.
    It isn't as fun as it sounds some days! And it took my mom dying to push me to do it but that is another story. However, still being in my jammies at noon is pretty cool sometimes!

    Comment


    • Sorry to hear it took the loss of your mom to give you the push. I'll keep mine around a bit longer and put off the dreams of housewifehood for a few years.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Sorry to hear it took the loss of your mom to give you the push. I'll keep mine around a bit longer and put off the dreams of housewifehood for a few years.
        I don't think most men have the whole housewife gene. Hubby used to say that but when I was still working, he was home for a week between jobs and I still had to cook. Now if I could be a housewife with a cook and housekeeper, that would be cool! Maybe hubby needs a second job!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
          I don't think most men have the whole housewife gene. Hubby used to say that but when I was still working, he was home for a week between jobs and I still had to cook. Now if I could be a housewife with a cook and housekeeper, that would be cool! Maybe hubby needs a second job!
          I doubt I would get the whole experience anyway since we do not have a house or kids. K and I can clean our apartment in 2 hours, do laundry in 2 hours and I cook all the food already. So even if I did a full clean every day (not necessary) I'd still have nothing to do. In fact, I really am clueless wtf housewives do all day (besides live off their husbands obviously )

          Comment


          • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            I doubt I would get the whole experience anyway since we do not have a house or kids. K and I can clean our apartment in 2 hours, do laundry in 2 hours and I cook all the food already. So even if I did a full clean every day (not necessary) I'd still have nothing to do. In fact, I really am clueless wtf housewives do all day (besides live off their husbands obviously )
            Interestingly enough, we are not all the same! Shocking, I know:-)

            I have a big yard so I spend a lot of time gardening. I have some hobbies, charity stuff and we are renovating our house. And then there is the endless shopping, buying shiny trinkets with Hubby's hard earned income. He really does need that second job!

            I am thinking of getting a part time job at the local nursery so I get a discount on my plants. I spend a lot of time there anyway.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
              Interestingly enough, we are not all the same! Shocking, I know:-)

              I have a big yard so I spend a lot of time gardening. I have some hobbies, charity stuff and we are renovating our house. And then there is the endless shopping, buying shiny trinkets with Hubby's hard earned income. He really does need that second job!

              I am thinking of getting a part time job at the local nursery so I get a discount on my plants. I spend a lot of time there anyway.

              I'm sorry, but I have seen enough 50s sitcoms to know that housewives are in fact all the same. It's disappointing as I just do not have the hips to pull off the dresses. Oh well, it does sound as if you keep busy. Good idea on the nursery - more money for shiny trinkets

              Comment


              • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                I'm sorry, but I have seen enough 50s sitcoms to know that housewives are in fact all the same. It's disappointing as I just do not have the hips to pull off the dresses. Oh well, it does sound as if you keep busy. Good idea on the nursery - more money for shiny trinkets
                Damn, I forgot that I am suppose to be wearing a dress, pearls and heels! I definitely have the hips so I am good.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                  Damn, I forgot that I am suppose to be wearing a dress, pearls and heels! I definitely have the hips so I am good.
                  but not shoes. I distinctly remember something about women and being barefoot...so the heels might be out.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    but not shoes. I distinctly remember something about women and being barefoot...so the heels might be out.
                    Then I am good there! At least with part of that. My aversion to shoes is well known among the neighbors. The little girl next door will argue that she does not have to wear shoes because I don't. Good to know I am influencing the youth of today!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                      Good to know I am influencing the youth of today!
                      She is practically halfway to being subjugated by the patriarchy already. Well done good citizen!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        You KNOW I was sitting here waiting to find out if you were able to fit all of that in your freezer! As a housewife, living off my husband, I have nothing else to do! I knew you could do it, it is like a puzzle. I have a feeling you are pretty good with puzzles. I am trying to empty out my freezers because I have half a cow and a whole pig coming in the next month or two. Now if I could just find a local source for chicken, I would be set.

                        With the pastured pork, it cooks much faster and needs more moisture when cooking. The stuff I get (mine is being butchered tomorrow) it is pretty lean. It is recommended that you cook at lower temps. One of my favorite ways of cooking it is to mix garam masala spice, diced apples and a little apple cidar vinegar together and pile it on the piece of meat and then cover the dish with foil and cook at 350f. Very tender and tasty. In the pressure cooker, I would dump a butt roast, Mexican chili spices and lots of garlic because of my vampire phobia, into the pot and cook. Then just shred the meat and have easy chili.

                        The thing about big game hunting that bothers me is they don't eat it after killing and that is wrong, in my humble opinion. And to want to kill an endangered species is just sad. My dad was a rabid hunter but he had the "you kill it, you clean it and you eat it" rule. He felt it was disrespectful to the animal to waste it and I agree. He once made my cousin eat a crow that my cousin killed for that reason but only after giving him a citation for hunting without a license. I am not sure what happened with the citation but I bet the judge thought eating a crow was punishment enough! I will only wear the leathers and skins of animals I eat. Silly but it makes me feel better.
                        I'm totally with you on getting mad at killing not for food. I sympathize with killing pests, but even that, as in the wolf population in North America, can lead to devastation of more than just the population we kill.

                        Thanks for the ideas on the pork. I was sort of trying to get the idea of my old favorite: pork chops, mashed potato, and apple sauce. The mashed became the warm potato salad, and I subbed a teaspoon of satsuma habanero jelly on the pork steak for the apple sauce.

                        Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        I am so being a housewife when I grow up.
                        Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        It isn't as fun as it sounds some days! And it took my mom dying to push me to do it but that is another story. However, still being in my jammies at noon is pretty cool sometimes!
                        Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        I don't think most men have the whole housewife gene. Hubby used to say that but when I was still working, he was home for a week between jobs and I still had to cook. Now if I could be a housewife with a cook and housekeeper, that would be cool! Maybe hubby needs a second job!
                        Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        I doubt I would get the whole experience anyway since we do not have a house or kids. K and I can clean our apartment in 2 hours, do laundry in 2 hours and I cook all the food already. So even if I did a full clean every day (not necessary) I'd still have nothing to do. In fact, I really am clueless wtf housewives do all day (besides live off their husbands obviously )
                        Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        Interestingly enough, we are not all the same! Shocking, I know:-)

                        I have a big yard so I spend a lot of time gardening. I have some hobbies, charity stuff and we are renovating our house. And then there is the endless shopping, buying shiny trinkets with Hubby's hard earned income. He really does need that second job!

                        I am thinking of getting a part time job at the local nursery so I get a discount on my plants. I spend a lot of time there anyway.
                        Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        I'm sorry, but I have seen enough 50s sitcoms to know that housewives are in fact all the same. It's disappointing as I just do not have the hips to pull off the dresses. Oh well, it does sound as if you keep busy. Good idea on the nursery - more money for shiny trinkets
                        You guyses are crackin' me up. I've done the housewife thing as often as possible in my lifetime. In fact, none of my live-ins or husbands really expected me to work once they knew me.* LOL. I've done things to make money when I was a wife. I had a little booth in an antiques mall. I sold books, old paper, and other goodies online. And even though not an immediate return (on the pennies anyway), I search piles of coins that I buy and sell back to banks.

                        *As a note. I'm not a golddigger. I've never taken free rent or expensive jewelry from someone for whom I didn't feel a deep abiding affection. But I do subscribe to, "It's just as easy to fall in love a man who can support you as it is to fall in love someone who can't."

                        And like V, even now, semi-retired, I'm thinking of getting a part-time job. I want to work for Costco. I like their business model and I'm a loyal customer. I'd even work as a greeter - oy, I am old. hahaha
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                        B*tch-lite

                        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                        Comment


                        • The housewife in pearls and heels changed just a bit in the 1980s:



                          Yeah, big step up. Now we had to be beautiful, keep the house clean, freakin' bring in money, and still "let you know you're a man." Pressure much?
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                          B*tch-lite

                          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            But I do subscribe to, "It's just as easy to fall in love a man who can support you as it is to fall in love someone who can't."
                            I'm sad to say that I have not found this to be true. I blame it on my rampant heterosexuality. *curses, foiled again*

                            Comment


                            • As long as you are not talking about being a greeter at Walmart!

                              Nothing wrong with being supported as relationships are partnerships, if you that is what both parties want and you can afford it. Hubby and I were both dirt poor when we met so not working wasn't an option at first.

                              I worked outside the home for most of our time together (26 years) and until my mid thirties, I couldn't imagine not working. Then my Dad died and my priorities started to change. Hubby's career was always primary because even though I was an attorney, he made significantly more. I was grateful I was able to care for my mom before she died. We did the math and taking into consideration taxes and expenses, it made more sense for me to not work. Sad truth based on our current tax system. Plus Hubby will be the first to tell you that he would not be where he is without my support. Having me home taking care of everything lets him focus on his job and all the traveling he is required to do. And in CA, we are a lovely community property state!

                              I love sparkly stuff but most of what I have, I made myself! Buying the pieces and putting them together is much cheaper and pretty easy. I am now learning to make the pieces myself and setting the stones. Fortunately I prefer unique stones with silver or copper and not precious stones and gold or platinum. I made a lovely pendant from a flat piece of silver and a jasper stone. I love melting stuff!

                              Go NINERS!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                I should rename my journal "Foot in Mouth." *chuckle* I used to buy liquid multivitamins and D3. I'd use it to take my other supplements. I don't take a multi now, and even though Costco has arrived in New Orleans, I have enough D3 to last about a year. I can't do gummy because of when I smashed my face into a steering wheel and got a full upper plate* - stuff sticks to it.

                                *Odd only because when my father was about 25, he got hit by a car and ended up needing false teeth also.
                                i got them becaaaaause i feel like a kid eating candy i ate some, made mmm! sounds and from then on shared them with bay. he poo poo'd them as being candy, then when i'd ask if he wanted any he'd say 'hmmmmmmmmm... yeah gimme'

                                i tried to melt them in my mouth once, they just chew so i can't force my candies on you too
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

                                Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X