No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those shrimp look delish J. Another good combo is sweet chilly and lime!!!!!!!!! Brilliant

Youngest has shot me a few rabbits over the years, gutted, skinned and prepared them for me. When you are ready to try, i will send you my rabbit crockpot recipe. Its a butter/honey concoction, really really good, and rabbit tastes alot like chicken IMO
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      With habanero's, now that sounds ding dong.

Looking at they Darwin awards, it's gotta have a chance....

And some, need big cojones to do what they do!

Bugs is good meat, never cooked it meself, but like it, my local butcher does whole rabbits, so might have to work something out....
      One of the scariest (I'm a bit of a height wimp), but most fun things I ever did was a helicopter ride on the Big Island of Hawaii. The pilot had flown in Vietnam before going commercial. I totally had confidence in him.

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      Those shrimp look delish J. Another good combo is sweet chilly and lime!!!!!!!!! Brilliant

Youngest has shot me a few rabbits over the years, gutted, skinned and prepared them for me. When you are ready to try, i will send you my rabbit crockpot recipe. Its a butter/honey concoction, really really good, and rabbit tastes alot like chicken IMO
      That sounds like an awesome combination! And butter/honey is nothing to sneeze at either.

You reminded me of a special friend I had that had traveled a lot because he was military. He used to say, "Snake tastes like snake, dog tastes like dog, and chicken tastes like chicken." He was so easy going mostly, but that was a thing of his and it made me laugh. Still, I'm guessing that rabbit would work well in most chicken recipes.

My mistake was googling how rabbits here in the US are raised commercially. Worse than feedlots. I don't mind cages, but the conditions turned my stomach. So, I'm waiting for some humanely raised bunnies.

All this talk of rabbit... Added to To-Do list: search again for a source of rabbit.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post

I'm ready
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          One of the scariest (I'm a bit of a height wimp), but most fun things I ever did was a helicopter ride on the Big Island of Hawaii. The pilot had flown in Vietnam before going commercial. I totally had confidence in him.
          One of the funnest things I've ever done was get a ride in a Pave Low (predecessor to the Pave Hawk). I got to dangle my feet out the back ramp going over the very countryside where this one just crashed. The problem with helos is that they can't glide to a landing when the engine quits.

And a boast of my son, who just passed the test to be an Army helo pilot. I'm very proud of him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
            I'm ready
            Me too! Heck, if it tastes like chicken, I can make it with chicken 'til I find rabbit.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            One of the funnest things I've ever done was get a ride in a Pave Low (predecessor to the Pave Hawk). I got to dangle my feet out the back ramp going over the very countryside where this one just crashed. The problem with helos is that they can't glide to a landing when the engine quits.

And a boast of my son, who just passed the test to be an Army helo pilot. I'm very proud of him!
            Sounds like a fun ride. I've missed you around these parts! Congrats to your son! Your kids sound so good.

I've got bone broth going. It's stinking up my bedroom. Time to shut the door and set a timer.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Sounds like a fun ride. I've missed you around these parts! Congrats to your son! Your kids sound so good.
              Definitely a fun ride! Especially as I was wearing the headsets so I could hear what the crew was saying to each other... and it turned out one of the crew was a friend of mine! Sooo cooool!

My kids are great! I'm so glad I didn't eat them when they were teenagers!

I've been around, I don't always post... sometimes I feel like I might be hijacking someone else's journal when I don't have one of my own.

Comment

• Wow Goldie, way to go with the son, that is awesome.
                ........ Yes girls looking for the rabbit recipe now.........back in a jiffy

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  Definitely a fun ride! Especially as I was wearing the headsets so I could hear what the crew was saying to each other... and it turned out one of the crew was a friend of mine! Sooo cooool!

My kids are great! I'm so glad I didn't eat them when they were teenagers!

I've been around, I don't always post... sometimes I feel like I might be hijacking someone else's journal when I don't have one of my own.
                  I had a college professor who told us of a theory that nature made babies cute so we wouldn't kill them when they annoyed us. I think this pic is a good example of that:

Always feel free to post here, no matter what. I love to get to know folks through their ideas, stories, jokes, rants, etc.

Wow Goldie, way to go with the son, that is awesome.
                  ........ Yes girls looking for the rabbit recipe now.........back in a jiffy
                  Yay! Honey and chicken are awesome together!

B*tch-lite

Comment

I had a college professor who told us of a theory that nature made babies cute so we wouldn't kill them when they annoyed us.
                    At times I would think that the only reason I didn't eat my teenagers was because their adulthood was the light at the end of the tunnel, and then they'd find out for themselves what real life is like! And teens (at least mine) would do or say something absolutely wonderful a split second before I was ready to push them off a cliff! --Thus preventing their imminent demise!

And now for something completely different, as a Golden lover, I found this YouTube hilarious:

Comment

• okay so here is the original recipe, I do not use the flour, and i substitue the rabbit - brilliant !!!!!!!
                      I also put in the oven to cook in my cast iron pot. Works beautifully with chicken or rabbit !!!!!
                      GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!

Honey glazed chicken
                      (Serves 4 people)

4 chicken breasts or legs
                      Flour to coat
                      2tsp butter
                      2 Tbsp honey
                      1 tsp curry powder
                      2 tsp Dijon mustard
                      1 tsp salt

Turn the slow cooker (crockpot) onto high and coat with non-stick spray.
                      Pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels, and then shake them with flour in a plastic bag, patting off the excess.
                      Leave to stand on the paper towel.

Measure all the remaining ingredients into a small, shallow bowl.
                      Microwave or heat until the honey and butter are liquid, then
                      stir everything together thoroughly.

Turn the pieces in the honey glaze mixture to coat as evenly as possible, then put into the slow cooker bowl and drizzle with the remaining glaze.

Put the lid on the cooker and cook on high for 3 hours, then turn down to low.
                      Chicken should be cooked after 2 hours on low, but leave for another hour if desired.
                      Serve with the remaining juices spooned over the chicken.

...small steps....

Comment

At times I would think that the only reason I didn't eat my teenagers was because their adulthood was the light at the end of the tunnel, and then they'd find out for themselves what real life is like! And teens (at least mine) would do or say something absolutely wonderful a split second before I was ready to push them off a cliff! --Thus preventing their imminent demise!

And now for something completely different, as a Golden lover, I found this YouTube hilarious:

Aw Goldie that was so cute! My dog used to howl for sirens too but not with the "trilling" at the ends. Tee Hee!
                        Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                          okay so here is the original recipe, I do not use the flour, and i substitue the rabbit - brilliant !!!!!!!
                          I also put in the oven to cook in my cast iron pot. Works beautifully with chicken or rabbit !!!!!
                          GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!

Honey glazed chicken
                          (Serves 4 people)

Flour to coat
                          2tsp butter
                          2 Tbsp honey
                          1 tsp curry powder
                          2 tsp Dijon mustard
                          1 tsp salt

Pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels, and then shake them with flour in a plastic bag, patting off the excess.

Turn the pieces in the honey glaze mixture to coat as evenly as possible, then put into the slow cooker bowl and drizzle with the remaining glaze.

Chicken should be cooked after 2 hours on low, but leave for another hour if desired.
                          Sounds perfect. Here goes...
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

LOL on your perspective on teens. Such a cute woofer; I love his little song at the end.

okay so here is the original recipe, I do not use the flour, and i substitue the rabbit - brilliant !!!!!!!
                            GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!

Honey glazed chicken
                            (Serves 4 people)

Flour to coat
                            2tsp butter
                            2 Tbsp honey
                            1 tsp curry powder
                            2 tsp Dijon mustard
                            1 tsp salt

Thank you, G! Looks like a winner.

Waving hi to Ex.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• January 8, 2014 (Wednesday)

Deleted by me.
                              Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:42 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Ehhh... I'm not such a fan of helo rides..... as my first experience was a bit of a shock. I was a medic with a Marine communication battalion and we were doing a field exercise in Norway. The exercise was over and we were heading back to the beach to load up and head for home, when the truck I was in came across a 2.5 ton truck lying on its side in a ditch and Marines were milling about. We stopped and I started checking everyone out, and this one guy I checked out fell to the ground in pain a minute or two after I looked him over. I looked at my LT and told him I wanted a helo here and I want it 3 minutes ago.... (a doc with Marines is just below Jesus in power in the field) in about 5 minutes a CH46 flies in, lands, and we load the wounded Marine on a makeshift stretcher carried him to the back of the bird. The crew chief asks me what was wrong and I said anything from a back strain to a ruptured kidney.... about 10 seconds later there is a huge roar, and the bird is vibrating like mad, I look out the window and we were 200 feet off the ground... I'm like "Wait I want to get off!" ehh I'm not THAT powerful! So it takes about 10 minutes to fly out to the LHA and they get the guy checked out. It took me over 2 hours to get off the ship back to shore to meet up with my unit....

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of helo rides! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X