B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    Considering that MDA has been around a lot of years, I consider myself at 17 months still a bit of a noob. And yet, when I see stuff like this as I click on the nutrition forum, it feels like a different planet from when I arrived:

I’ll sneak this confession in here. Two weeks at the end of December of not counting calories and just eating what I want, and I gained eight pounds. I think that tells why I have to count – my brain doesn’t know it’s eating for a smallish woman; it thinks it’s eating for a six foot male bodybuilder. Though I admire and envy those who can stay fit “listening to their bodies,” my body is a betrayer in this area, and I often have to tell it to shut up. The good news is that I can just think of the ensuing cutting of weight as good practice. *grumble, grumble*

One of my neighbors, actually one of the smarter ones even though she follows CW, is a cook at a Chinese restaurant. I asked her if she’d recovered from the holidays. She said yes, but then hit a nice rant/bitch about everyone asking if the restaurant was gluten-free. “Considering that this is a Chinese restaurant, and more than half the dishes have soy sauce in them, what do you think, asshole?” I was cracking up.

That was not meant to offend anyone, nor does it mean that I don’t realize that gluten is a real issue. It’s just occasionally funny to have another viewpoint lobbed into my reality.

This may be one of the oddist, cutest things in the world. It’s a red-lipped batfish:

'Life-threatening' cold bites U.S. Midwest | Reuters – Brrr! Could be –20F (-29C) in Chicago, -11F (-24C) in Pittsburgh. This is when we used to put electric blankets on our cars and let the faucets drip a little all the time to hopefully prevent the pipes freezing. That is snot-freezing weather to be sure.

Jeff Bezos rescued by Ecuadorian Navy - The founder of Amazon is always going to be news. And I think the following quote shows him to be a good sport in the face of adversity.

Soap actor 'fired for groping young co-star' – What a dumbass. The soaps pay contract players pretty good money, and Y&R is the top rated of the four remaining daytime soaps. And this guy blows it because he can’t keep his hands off young women. Repeat: what a dumbass. As my daddy used to say, “Some people can f*** up a free lunch.”

Italian businessmen escape bungling hitmen – LOL – Somebody’s got some ‘splainin’ to do.

Man with two penises opens up about rare condition – The pic at the top of the story is of two bananas sitting on a plate. LOL Also:

On which side do you dress? Both.

Which I suppose is better than any poor schmuck for whom the answer is, “Neither.”

Saturday’s food: Coffee with butter and MCT oil. Ground lamb and rice. A tangerine and four kumquats.
    Who knew Equador had a Navy!

The groping guy... I don't know... she gets pissy because he groped her, but will make out with him on the set for cash? Though I do admit I agree with your dad...

The guy with 2 penises can't make up his mind.... So many choices... which head do I think with today... I have a couple of other comments, but they aren't fit for public consumption... (big surprise.. I know)

Comment

• Is it sad I was really impressed by the lady knowing there is gluten in soy sauce? I bet half of the people asking didn't even think of that.

Comment

This may be one of the oddist, cutest things in the world. It’s a red-lipped batfish:

Is that fish smiling for the camera?!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Soap actor 'fired for groping young co-star' – What a dumbass. The soaps pay contract players pretty good money, and Y&R is the top rated of the four remaining daytime soaps. And this guy blows it because he can’t keep his hands off young women. Repeat: what a dumbass. As my daddy used to say, “Some people can f*** up a free lunch.”
        I used to call it shitting in your own lunch box, but that works....

Man with two penises opens up about rare condition – The pic at the top of the story is of two bananas sitting on a plate. LOL Also:

On which side do you dress? Both.

Which I suppose is better than any poor schmuck for whom the answer is, “Neither.”
        The relationship he's in opened my eyes a bit! And Lol on the "neither"

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        The groping guy... I don't know... she gets pissy because he groped her, but will make out with him on the set for cash? Though I do admit I agree with your dad...
        So do I!

The guy with 2 penises can't make up his mind.... So many choices... which head do I think with today... I have a couple of other comments, but they aren't fit for public consumption... (big surprise.. I know)
        It could have been open season couldn't it....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Because on the job is an agreement, getting groped is not consensual.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm way too lazy to keep a journal and I when I'm done cooking something I can't be bothered to take a picture I just want to tuck in!
            Our loss fersure. I saw your steak thread after I posted, and I thought that was a bit of synchronicity.

Who knew Equador had a Navy!

I wonder if he has a favorite. Hopefully, he'll marry someone who is ambidextrous.

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            Is it sad I was really impressed by the lady knowing there is gluten in soy sauce? I bet half of the people asking didn't even think of that.
            She is pretty cool. My position here at the complex is to just say, "I don't think the occasional serving of bread is going to kill anyone, but if you eat cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and pasta for dinner every day for 30 years, you're probably going to be in bad health down the line." Here in the safety of cave-dwellers, I know that gluten is a very big deal for some people, and I know that eating out is a trial for them.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Is that fish smiling for the camera?!

I used to call it shitting in your own lunch box, but that works....

The relationship he's in opened my eyes a bit! And Lol on the "neither"
            I wish I had photoshop - I'd love to turn his grumpy face into a smiley one. "Shitting in your own lunch box," is a phrase I'm definitely going to steal!
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              Because on the job is an agreement, getting groped is not consensual.
              True that.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• January 6, 2014 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
                Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:40 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Whew! Was trying to binge read and catch up but finally had to skip to the end. Is that batfish thing for real?!? It's so ugly it's cute kinda.

Happy New Year lady!
                  Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• guess which article Gwamma just read ???????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sooooo incredibly funny
                    where oh where do you get this stuff from J ????????
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                      Whew! Was trying to binge read and catch up but finally had to skip to the end. Is that batfish thing for real?!? It's so ugly it's cute kinda.

Happy New Year lady!
                      I googled to make sure, and yes, the batfish is for real. I certainly hope 2014 is good for all of us!

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      guess which article Gwamma just read ???????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sooooo incredibly funny
                      where oh where do you get this stuff from J ????????
                      LOL, G - you crack me up so much! I really just start at a normal news page. But the stories that I click on also have their links, and then more links... So, I can start at a story about astronomy or a newly discovered species, and five clicks later, there's a guy with two penises. hahahahaha

B*tch-lite

Comment

• January 7, 2014 (Tuesday)

Deleted by me.
                        Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:41 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

One of my local food places has just started to sell ground duck organs – gizzards, livers, and heart. They’re selling it as pet food. I’m thinking it will make a very interesting pâté. I can’t wait to try it. And you, dear journal, are the only one with whom I can share that. Because the people around me would just write it off as just another crackpot thing the lady in the back apartment does.
                          Duck liver and orange or port pate is a form of ambrosia for me.

As I write this, it’s 25F (-4C) degrees. And yet by Saturday, they expect it to hit a high of 70F (21C) – is that weird, or is it me? (That was rhetorical.)
                          That must be positively baltic where you lives....that's a fair temperature swing though, and no comment....

Darn it, so my plan to hawk, sprout, horseradish and gorgonzola smoothies as a diet drink looks scuppered....

On a serious note, if you haven't heard, sad news, Norfolk helicopter crash

Comment

• Joanie, those shrimp look awesome. I wonder if those spices would go well with the rabbit I have in the fridge.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Duck liver and orange or port pate is a form of ambrosia for me.

That must be positively baltic where you lives....that's a fair temperature swing though, and no comment....

Darn it, so my plan to hawk, sprout, horseradish and gorgonzola smoothies as a diet drink looks scuppered....

On a serious note, if you haven't heard, sad news, Norfolk helicopter crash
                              I googled both of the pates you mentioned, and both look totally awesome. I have some Satsuma (tangerine) Habanero Pepper Jelly, so I might make a pate with a bit of a kick.

The weather this year is freaky. Not sure why I'm surprised as odd weather seems to follow me. Hottest summer in years when I arrived. Now this, but I suppose now that I'm just a local.

LOL on the smoothie. Heck, if they can convince people that rubbing stuff on their thighs will help, I don't see why you can't market a bizarre smoothie.

I hadn't read about the helicopter crash. Sad. You don't hear about too many helicopter crashes - those guys/gals are trained hardcore.

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                              Joanie, those shrimp look awesome. I wonder if those spices would go well with the rabbit I have in the fridge.
                              Oddly, I've only had rabbit livers, but not rabbit. But I figure that curry powder and garlic powder can either hide an icky tasting meat, or enhance a good one, so no harm trying. My other go-to is anything tomato (sauce, fresh, chopped, paste) with basil (dried or fresh), and tons of garlic.

Please tell us how it came out. I've been searching for a good source of rabbit, and still haven't found one.

B*tch-lite

Comment

I googled both of the pates you mentioned, and both look totally awesome. I have some Satsuma (tangerine) Habanero Pepper Jelly, so I might make a pate with a bit of a kick.
                                With habanero's, now that sounds ding dong.

LOL on the smoothie. Heck, if they can convince people that rubbing stuff on their thighs will help, I don't see why you can't market a bizarre smoothie.
                                Looking at they Darwin awards, it's gotta have a chance....

I hadn't read about the helicopter crash. Sad. You don't hear about too many helicopter crashes - those guys/gals are trained hardcore.
                                And some, need big cojones to do what they do!

Oddly, I've only had rabbit livers, but not rabbit. But I figure that curry powder and garlic powder can either hide an icky tasting meat, or enhance a good one, so no harm trying. My other go-to is anything tomato (sauce, fresh, chopped, paste) with basil (dried or fresh), and tons of garlic.

Please tell us how it came out. I've been searching for a good source of rabbit, and still haven't found one.
                                Bugs is good meat, never cooked it meself, but like it, my local butcher does whole rabbits, so might have to work something out....

Comment

Working...
                                X