B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
    A Happy New Year to you, Joanie and friends.

We skyped our daughter in New York for our New Year and her New Year's Eve, that was fun.
    Thank you Annie, and to you and your family. I love the skyping New Year. I may bitch about a lot of things that have gotten terrible/worse in my lifetime, but communication across distances isn't one of them. Even aside from the free options. In the 70s for eg., even though Mom and I used the lowest rate times (late Friday night through 5pm Sunday), I could easily rack up a $30-$50 phone call because we'd talk for a couple of hours. And that was same country. So that at least is a huge improvement.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Couldn't have put it better meself, well said UF!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• It's a Brand New Year!

Deleted by me.
      Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:37 PM.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I have only bought citrus trees so I looked this up. You CAN grow kumquats from seed. I might have to try it.
        How to Grow a Kumquat Tree from a Kumquat Seed | eHow

I wish I had that food truck. I bet they made lots on munches. That reminds me of the Jack in the Box commercials that are definitely focused on stoned people. I don't really get that hungry but I get really, really, really chatty.

Perfection is way overrated. Having faults makes us more interesting and fun.

Comment

• Happy New Year Joanie.

Your journal always makes me smile . I look forward to much more Bitchpalooza in 2014.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            January 1, 2014 (Thursday)

Oh, I almost forgot. From this link from Gay Panda’s journal: What Did We Get Stuck In Our Rectums Last Year? , can someone please tell me how a glue stick ended up in someone’s vagina? WTF? LOL.
            I can think of at least 5 smartazzed replies..... Happy New Year!

Comment

• hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - the old glue stick in the vagina trick.............
              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

LOL – some drunk about two blocks away just yelled, “Happy New Year!” in that funny drunken way partiers have. I guess 2am must be wind-down time for a lot of folks because a neighbor just walked by my window slurring some silliness to her dog. I’m crackin’ up here.
                I was leaving the house yesterday morning and there were some folk getting out of a cab doing much the same, think they might of missed yesterday!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                New Year’s Hangover Remedies - Mostly common sense, but I do disagree with this.

I disagree because this can be done in a sensible manner. It’s Saturday/Sunday, and you wake with gnomes pick axing your brain. You drink a shot or two. Not get drunk, just a shot or two. It puts you back to sleep. You sleep it off. This can and has worked for me.
                Mine was to go for a full english breakfast, if it stayed down, I was back in the game....

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                Too right V, much boringness involved in that perfection lark....

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                  I have only bought citrus trees so I looked this up. You CAN grow kumquats from seed. I might have to try it.
                  How to Grow a Kumquat Tree from a Kumquat Seed | eHow

I wish I had that food truck. I bet they made lots on munches. That reminds me of the Jack in the Box commercials that are definitely focused on stoned people. I don't really get that hungry but I get really, really, really chatty.

Thank you so much, V! I read the link, and it totally looks doable. Except for one sentence that indicates that you might not get fruit for 5-7 years. Waaah! You mean you don't just stick a seed in some dirt and then six months later start picking kumquats barefoot in the day's early light? Well I'll be dipped - I really am a dumb city girl. LOL

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  Happy New Year Joanie.

Your journal always makes me smile . I look forward to much more Bitchpalooza in 2014.
                  And a Happy New Year to you too, Greensprout. Ex-class clowns are always happy when they (i.e. me) can get people to smile or laugh.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  I can think of at least 5 smartazzed replies..... Happy New Year!
                  Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - the old glue stick in the vagina trick.............
                  I bet you both are trying to get me to google "glue stick in vagina trick." I may be gullible... :::resists urge to google:::

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  I was leaving the house yesterday morning and there were some folk getting out of a cab doing much the same, think they might of missed yesterday!

Mine was to go for a full english breakfast, if it stayed down, I was back in the game....

Too right V, much boringness involved in that perfection lark....
                  I've seen those full english breakfasts - they would be perfect IF fare. But it sounds like a good test. And a horrid waste of food if it ends up on the pavement. LOL

Yep, totally overrated as V said, and boring. I always think of Jennifer Grey's nose when thinking about perfection. Pretty young woman with a slightly bolder nose than we think of for the girl next door. Career going pretty well. Gets nose job. Ends up looking like a B***** Doll. Career in the crapper.

Have a good day, everyone!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - the old glue stick in the vagina trick.............

Maybe someone misread the name as 'prick stick' and got confused - after all it does say: 'quick, easy, clean, washable' and 'safe & solvent' - all things women look for in a partner.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post

Maybe someone misread the name as 'prick stick' and got confused - after all it does say: 'quick, easy, clean, washable' and 'safe & solvent' - all things women look for in a partner.
                      And that is why you should always wear your reading glasses! Of course, quick isn't always good.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post

LMAO - too funny, Badgergirl!

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        And that is why you should always wear your reading glasses! Of course, quick isn't always good.
                        Amen to that.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• January 2, 2014 (Thursday)

Deleted by me.
                          Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:37 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

I've seen those full english breakfasts - they would be perfect IF fare. But it sounds like a good test. And a horrid waste of food if it ends up on the pavement. LOL
                            I would say are good IF chow, and a good kill or cure to be sure....

I bet you both are trying to get me to google "glue stick in vagina trick." I may be gullible... :::resists urge to google:::
                            Dooo eeett....

Classic BG, lol....

Fair play to Rob Ford, I reckons he'd come out of armegeddon better than the cockroaches....

Comment

And that shot in the bottom of the bottle. To drink or toss, drink or toss?

Gulp. That settled that. I upended the bottle and tossed it down my throat.
                              To toss alcohol anywhere else would constitute alcojol abuse....

Comment

From the show Chopped. Here is your challenge. In your basket are four ingredients that you must use in some way to make an appetizer: watermelon, knockwurst, sweet potatoes, and almond butter. You also have access to a fridge and pantry that have a boatload of spices, veggies, fresh and dried herbs, alcohol, eggs, butter, meats, etc. You have 20 minutes. What would you make?
                                I would go to this cool website I just found, My Fridge Food - recipes you already have in your fridge and enter the ingredients into the list and see what is suggested.

I did this yesterday and found a great paleo recipe for cooking eggs in an onion ring. Many of the recipes that came up for me were paleo, because I don't have any CW ingredients in my fridge/pantry.

Definitely a useful website the day before shopping, or when I want some new ideas!

Why does Habanero begin with an H, but Jalapeno begins with a J?
                                Because Habanero is actually pronounced ah-bah-nye-ro. The H is silent. J's in spanish have an H sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X