No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought Hubby some martini glasses for Christmas and of course, I had to buy some vodka for dirty martinis. I bought a vodka made from potatoes called Spud. It was pretty tasty but no different than any others I have tried. I tried Tito's this summer at a company event. It was good but again I couldn't tell a difference. I had a couple of screwtinis on christmas, which was a martini with orange juice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
      We have Netflix.

We once went to a Russian bar in SF that had a bunch of different vodkas. The one I liked best was flavored with buffalo grass.
      That sounds like it would be good. I do like vodka for how easy it is to incorporate into any drink.

I'm paraphrasing here, but memory tells me that the US definition of vodka is basically a clear, almost tasteless, distilled spirit that is at least 70 proof. So it kind of makes sense that it's hard to tell high end from low end.

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
      I'll clean for food. .w. When I was home on leave, my dad came home one day to find his freezer strewn across the kitchen and me scraping questions off the bottom. Needless to say, to was a lot easier to work with after that. Though, I wonder how much of my US Wellness birthday present is still in there lol.
      LOL on US Wellness birthday present. We are an odd lot, we primals.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
      Just stop on by RR! I love to cook (did it professionally for years) but I'm not that fond of cleaning so the exchange works for me.
      I'm not really fond of cleaning as my hairy floors can attest (I never notice them unless I need to put on my glasses in the house), but I love organizing stuff. Every job I've ever had with small companies was totally freaked by the fact that within a week, you didn't have to have been there for 10 years to know where information was stored either in file cabinets nor on the computer. My little paper recipe file is by entrée, dessert, cocktails, etc. I think it's from having a spacey type mind. I need my physical surroundings organized or life is just too "noisy."

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
      I bought Hubby some martini glasses for Christmas and of course, I had to buy some vodka for dirty martinis. I bought a vodka made from potatoes called Spud. It was pretty tasty but no different than any others I have tried. I tried Tito's this summer at a company event. It was good but again I couldn't tell a difference. I had a couple of screwtinis on christmas, which was a martini with orange juice.
      I'd never heard Screwtini! I love the name. I used to collect martini glasses that I'd find at yard sales. One time I picked up a cool one for $1.50 that had a blue skinny head for a stem. A friend who was much more knowledgeable than I looked at it and told me to check on eBay because it might be a promotional collectible. She was correct (limited Bombay Sapphire glass), and I sold it for ~ $64 - hell, I almost felt guilty charging shipping at that price. Almost.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Late again...

Deleted by me.
        Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:26 PM.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Oh no J - not cheese too!!!!!!!!!!! These addictive behaviours are getting to be a habit for this old Gwamma !!!!!!! LOL
          Hope you had a nice christmas J. The last of the 35 guests left yesterday, or was it the day before ???????? Have chillaxed so much since they all left that i cannot remember - sad!!!!!! I know !!!!!!!!
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• With regard to the anti PC comments on that thread I think some of those folks are reacting to comments they've read on other forums, "social justice warriors" on tumbler. I hear about this stuff from my son. These anti PC posters don't seem to be actually reading what is posted on this forum. They are lumping anyone who advocates compassion in with extreme social justice warriors, none of whom are even on MDA. At least that's my take. I'm trying not to comment on that thread.

I mixed up a tasty brandy concoction the other day and sampled it last night: in a pint jar a put the peelings of one orange, a cinnamon stick, a lot of whole cloves and some sugar. I smashed it together with a wooden thingy and poured a little boiling water over to dissolve the sugar and wake up the spices. After it cooled I filled the jar with brandy. I let it sit a few days and voila a yummy cordial. It would probably be excellent if used to saturate a cake or poured over ice cream, but I just had it straight.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• That reminds me a little of the brandy butter that we used to have on Christmas pudding. Between the pudding and the brandy butter, it is a lot of the same favors and so very yummy! To make brandy butter, you just soften butter and incorporate as much brandy as the butter will take. Bet it would make killer bulletproof coffee!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                That reminds me a little of the brandy butter that we used to have on Christmas pudding. Between the pudding and the brandy butter, it is a lot of the same favors and so very yummy! To make brandy butter, you just soften butter and incorporate as much brandy as the butter will take. Bet it would make killer bulletproof coffee!
                That sounds lovely!
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  Oh no J - not cheese too!!!!!!!!!!! These addictive behaviours are getting to be a habit for this old Gwamma !!!!!!! LOL
                  Hope you had a nice christmas J. The last of the 35 guests left yesterday, or was it the day before ???????? Have chillaxed so much since they all left that i cannot remember - sad!!!!!! I know !!!!!!!!
                  Gwamma, I say screw it on the cheese. I'm about 16 months away from being 60, and not only am I already "wearing red hats that don't go," but I just refuse to accept the asceticism that pervades the current culture. No cigs, no booze, no drugs, no casual sex, no cheese, no, no, no. If I take all that feels good out of my life, then why the hell would I want to live to 90? Which doesn't mean I'm ready to go out and do a big poison refeed, just that I keep my own council.

G, you're so fortunate to have a family where 35 people can gather and have a good time. If 35 members of my family got together and I knew about it, I'd stay as far away as humanly possible. LOL

With regard to the anti PC comments on that thread I think some of those folks are reacting to comments they've read on other forums, "social justice warriors" on tumbler. I hear about this stuff from my son. These anti PC posters don't seem to be actually reading what is posted on this forum. They are lumping anyone who advocates compassion in with extreme social justice warriors, none of whom are even on MDA. At least that's my take. I'm trying not to comment on that thread.

I mixed up a tasty brandy concoction the other day and sampled it last night: in a pint jar a put the peelings of one orange, a cinnamon stick, a lot of whole cloves and some sugar. I smashed it together with a wooden thingy and poured a little boiling water over to dissolve the sugar and wake up the spices. After it cooled I filled the jar with brandy. I let it sit a few days and voila a yummy cordial. It would probably be excellent if used to saturate a cake or poured over ice cream, but I just had it straight.
                  That sounds really delicious, especially in cool weather. I'm trying to stay away from that thread also. Magnolia has it handled.

That reminds me a little of the brandy butter that we used to have on Christmas pudding. Between the pudding and the brandy butter, it is a lot of the same favors and so very yummy! To make brandy butter, you just soften butter and incorporate as much brandy as the butter will take. Bet it would make killer bulletproof coffee!
                  That sounds lovely!
                  Ooh, I'm getting a pound of farm butter in my next grocery order. If I call bulletproof coffee with vodka a Bulletproof Russian, and one with tequila a Bulletproof Mexican, would I call one with brandy a Bulletproof Français?

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Have to chime in on the vodka here-- I was given a bottle of Ciroc for Christmas and, boy, is it GOOD! It is tasty enough to drink straight. It's wickedly expensive, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by momrn View Post
                      Have to chime in on the vodka here-- I was given a bottle of Ciroc for Christmas and, boy, is it GOOD! It is tasty enough to drink straight. It's wickedly expensive, though.
                      Hi momrn. I googled it and it looks good. I'll probably give it a try sometime - most likely on someone else's dime.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        Hi momrn. I googled it and it looks good. I'll probably give it a try sometime - most likely on someone else's dime.
                        Alcohol, like food, always taste better on someone else's dime! That is why I love hubby's job, we get to eat and drink at places I would never pay for myself.

Joanie, I hope you are having a lovely day!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                          Alcohol, like food, always taste better on someone else's dime! That is why I love hubby's job, we get to eat and drink at places I would never pay for myself.

Joanie, I hope you are having a lovely day!
                          That's an awesome gig!

It was a very nice day. I'm going to go eat now and finally get some sleep. I've only had two hot dogs and two eggs today and I need some food. I waited 'til I was hungry, but that got me to now (after 11pm my time). C'est la vie!

Good times to you too.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Good day J, and all, hope everyone had some good down time!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            G, you're so fortunate to have a family where 35 people can gather and have a good time. If 35 members of my family got together and I knew about it, I'd stay as far away as humanly possible. LOL
                            Ditto, I'd still be running now....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            That sounds really delicious, especially in cool weather. I'm trying to stay away from that thread also. Magnolia has it handled.
                            Do I really want to go thread hunting for what sounds like more shite being spouted?!

Alcohol, like food, always taste better on someone else's dime!
                            Abso 'bleedin' lutely, ambrosia, when its buckshee....

On the vodka, my brother manufactured some Christmas pudding vodka from some TV programme he saw, it did actually taste like crimble pudding, too sweet for me though, and bizarre!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Good day J, and all, hope everyone had some good down time!

Ditto, I'd still be running now....

Do I really want to go thread hunting for what sounds like more shite being spouted?!

Abso 'bleedin' lutely, ambrosia, when its buckshee....

On the vodka, my brother manufactured some Christmas pudding vodka from some TV programme he saw, it did actually taste like crimble pudding, too sweet for me though, and bizarre!
                              LOL - sounds like we have similar families. I wouldn't hunt for that thread unless you're bored. Sweet and vodka can be odd. I've done ginger infused and even though ginger isn't technically sweet, about a good double shot is as much as I can handle at one time.

Only 10am here - still a bit early to start drinking, even on New Year's Eve.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Sloth Days

Deleted by me.
                                Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:27 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X