B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Makes me glad we don't celebrate Christmas, Happy Solstice!
    Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Holy snikes, it is only 4 days until Christmas. WTF, snuck up on me like a ninja.
    I tend to drama. When all is said and done, I really just have to hit the liquor store for my Secret Satan gift, and my obligations are done. And because of some ordering I did, the Seven Fishes Feast has more of a chance of being a Seven Cheeses Feast instead.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
    Four days is a lifetime! You are the Queen of Lists, you will be fine.

On the gluten free question, the one thing I have not been able to replicate to an acceptable tolerance of yummy is sour dough bread. I know you were talking more desserts but I have found suitable substitutes if I want those things. I found a new baking mix that is pretty good ingredient wise but need to source gf sour dough starter. For the sake of my weight, I don't do them baked treats often but for Christmas I am making an upside down cake with either apples or pineapple. My husband's mom always made one for Christmas and he asked me to do it.
    You're a doll!

I've been invited to one family thing (omg no, just rip my fingernails out for fun instead), and one sort of dressy thing. For some personal reasons, getting through the holidays these last few years involves either loud crowds of drunken people or being by myself. Anything in between makes me want to eat kittens.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• We are having our holiday feast today, I thought I'd live it up and have bubbly wine but now hubby is sick so I may not be opening it. I should have stuck with a good Chardonnay then I could have had 1 glass and saved the rest.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

We are having our holiday feast today, I thought I'd live it up and have bubbly wine but now hubby is sick so I may not be opening it. I should have stuck with a good Chardonnay then I could have had 1 glass and saved the rest.
        Bubbles with oj cures all ills!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
          Bubbles with oj cures all ills!
          I'll tell hubby I read that on the internet, then he'll be sure to listen. Anything to not drink alone!
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Deleted by me.
            Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:10 PM.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Oh that sounds good! Funny you should mention blackberries, I'm making blackberry and quince crisp. We like to bring a little of the Summer into the darkest day of the year so we always have some sort of Summer fruit on Solstice. I decided not to chill the bubbly since I don't think Hubby's going to be able to drink any. But I did help myself to a tiny glass of some white wine to go with my smoked oysters and cream cheese. The cook needs to stay somewhat lubricated.

Comment

• They do make champagne keepers that cork up the bottle and they work pretty well. It is rare that we have any left but the few times I have used it, we still had sparkles the following day.

Comment

Oh that sounds good! Funny you should mention blackberries, I'm making blackberry and quince crisp. We like to bring a little of the Summer into the darkest day of the year so we always have some sort of Summer fruit on Solstice. I decided not to chill the bubbly since I don't think Hubby's going to be able to drink any. But I did help myself to a tiny glass of some white wine to go with my smoked oysters and cream cheese. The cook needs to stay somewhat lubricated.
                  Don't say lubricated to a woman who isn't getting it regular! I love the idea of a summer fruit for a winter solstice. I think I want to be you when I grow up.

They do make champagne keepers that cork up the bottle and they work pretty well. It is rare that we have any left but the few times I have used it, we still had sparkles the following day.
                  Those are excellent. And they're the kind of thing you don't think to drop in the bottom of the backpack when you move 'cross country. But, a regular cork, secured with a plastic baggie and a rubber band works in a pinch.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Hiya J, just popping in to say Hi !!!!!!!! Haven't had time to read much lately, and I don't think this next week will be any better, but hi, and christmas hugs to you
                    G x
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      Hiya J, just popping in to say Hi !!!!!!!! Haven't had time to read much lately, and I don't think this next week will be any better, but hi, and christmas hugs to you
                      G x
                      Smooches G! A happy, merry Christmas to you and yours! I shall drink a toast to you on the 25th.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• December 22, 2013 (Sunday)

Deleted by me.
                        Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:11 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Bist they implying that mens brains mature, personally speaking, I be still waiting....Bit of a cheeseathon going on there!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Don't say lubricated to a woman who isn't getting it regular!
                            Why do I sense a New Years Resolution in there some where! lol.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Bist they implying that mens brains mature, personally speaking, I be still waiting....Bit of a cheeseathon going on there!!
                              See a man can say that and it's okay. If I say that, I'm labeled some feminazi ball buster. Cheesathon indeed. I'm eating what I please to year's end. Then back to normal, or normal for me anyway.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Why do I sense a New Years Resolution in there some where! lol.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
                              LOL Doc. I just can't wrap my head around much more than friends with benefits right now. One nighters require even less effort. There's good and bad in every choice, I guess.

Merry Christmas and a Fantastic New Year to you and yours also!

(It's the 23rd. )

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                See a man can say that and it's okay. If I say that, I'm labeled some feminazi ball buster. Cheesathon indeed. I'm eating what I please to year's end. Then back to normal, or normal for me anyway.

LOL Doc. I just can't wrap my head around much more than friends with benefits right now. One nighters require even less effort. There's good and bad in every choice, I guess.

Merry Christmas and a Fantastic New Year to you and yours also!

(It's the 23rd. )
                                yeah.. I started early this year! Cheers to you and your boy toys... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X