Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
    Mymexicandrugstore.com
    I did see that, do you think it is safe? I just watched a documentary on Hulu called Counterfeit Culture that made the idea of buying drugs from unknown origins really scary. They were talking about China and India, but still... Have you used the one from that site before?
    PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• .org i mean

Comment

• Yep, its safe. Many people all over the net order from that site.

Comment

• Have Adrenal Fatigue? No You Don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
            I did see that, do you think it is safe? I just watched a documentary on Hulu called Counterfeit Culture that made the idea of buying drugs from unknown origins really scary. They were talking about China and India, but still... Have you used the one from that site before?
            that's definitely intentional. it hurts big pharma, as well as other corporations. definitely a propaganda documentary.

i order from that site, and it's literally the same exact thing as what you'd get from a prescription.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Okay, thanks for the personal experience with that site, that makes me feel a lot safer!

Comment

• I ordered cynomel from that site also... I got it in about 3 weeks.

Sounds like the adadptogens ended up making your cortisol too low then. Is that what you think?

As a thyroid patient myself, I think you need the T3. The longer you go without it, the more stress you put on your adrenals bc they are having to do all the work. But I wouldn't take much at all of the straight T3. Maybe like 1/4-1/2 a pill split into quarters.

Comment

• Originally posted by brooke.S. View Post

Sounds like the adadptogens ended up making your cortisol too low then. Is that what you think?
                  Yes, I think it dropped my cortisol really low and really fast. I was barely able to move around without falling over.

Comment

• Why is it better to take the cynomel than the natural thyroid gland? and don't people get pretty stuck taking this stuff for life once they start?

Thanks everyone

Comment

• That was a very interesting article. He did keep talking about people with high cortisol instead of low, not sure if that makes a difference in what he is saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                        Haha, those aren't related at all. In the anterior lobe, there are 6 secretory cells. TSH is only responsible for signaling thyroid to create more t4. In the case of sluggish thyroid, whatever the case may be, the pituitary makes more TSH in a desperate attempt to stimulate more thyroid production. It's a feedback loop, hence why TSH is low when more thyroid is being produced.
                        Sure. I wasn't saying TSH affected sex hormones: I was pointing out that they were all produced by the pituitary gland. If they're all low, maybe it could be that the pituitary isn't functioning optimally? Hypopituitarism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm just speculating though.

PM, I wouldn't go for Rhodiola either. People build up an immunity to it after a few weeks, so I look at it as a short term fix.
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                          Sure. I wasn't saying TSH affected sex hormones: I was pointing out that they were all produced by the pituitary gland. If they're all low, maybe it could be that the pituitary isn't functioning optimally? Hypopituitarism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm just speculating though.

PM, I wouldn't go for Rhodiola either. People build up an immunity to it after a few weeks, so I look at it as a short term fix.
                          It would depend on which specific hormone she is deficient in. To say "TSH is low therefore hypopituitarism and sex hormones are low... interesting" is making a giant leap and doesn't really make sense especially given the function of TSH.

Besides, fixing thyroid always fixes pituitary, by removing the excess strain on it.
                          Last edited by Derpamix; 09-21-2013, 04:51 AM.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

It would depend on which specific hormone she is deficient in. To say "TSH is low therefore hypopituitarism and sex hormones are low... interesting" is making a giant leap and doesn't really make sense especially given the function of TSH.
                            Ha, well that wasn't quite my thought process It was: all hormones created by pituitary are low, therefore hypopituitarism. But I'm just speculating, as I said.

Besides, fixing thyroid always fixes pituitary, by removing the excess strain on it.
                            I knew you would say that
                            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              Ha, well that wasn't quite my thought process It was: all hormones created by pituitary are low, therefore hypopituitarism. But I'm just speculating, as I said.

I knew you would say that
                              It's cool, I'm not trying to trample on your speculation or anything. I just also remember her TSH being high before too, no? Would need to see context and all.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

It's cool, I'm not trying to trample on your speculation or anything. I just also remember her TSH being high before too, no? Would need to see context and all.
                                No worries: I didn't think you were 90% of the time my theories are bullshit anyway But they keep me learning, which is what it's all about.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X