No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH snored all night. Ok, I'm backing off from buying him the cereal and bread etc, I really enjoy my sleep too much.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Wish I could do something similar with my DH. I've even offered to take up running with him and he's already found an excuse. Just need him to shift a stone or so / <10kg to help alleviate the snoring and to take away the other worries around his health. Hey hum ... can only keep on with the gentle support.

Comment

• Well it's not like he wants to co-operate with my primal way of eating but I was pleasantly surprised when i went primal and found he suddenly and dramatically stopped snoring, even though probably only 50% diet change for him.

He is more than happy with bread and cereal, in fact seems to prefer it to bacon and eggs. But if I don't buy bread he'll just have to eat something else and I am right now making muesli from rolled oats toasted in coconut oil. No canola, no additives, not sure whether gluten - I thought oats were gluten free then heard otherwise. Whatever, I know it's a better product than the packaged stuff and I has to be better for him, even if I'm mainly doing it from selfish motives i.e. a good night's sleep for me

Your dh may not necessarily need to lose weight to improve the snoring but just to have a less inflammatory diet? See what you can do by stealth. Potatoes and rice though too carby for me are at least grain and gluten free for him. Good luck.
        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Good advice thanks. I suppose I was linking the weight loss and snoring because when he eats better he naturally loses weight.
          Fortunately, I got him to see the error of lunch sandwiches a long while back. Unfortunately (for this perspective) he does the cooking so no stealth moves
          Will put my thinking cap on though

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Daughter was looking for lunch, and after asking twice if we had any bread (No, ha ha) started cooking some bacon.

I approved her choice and she said: It would be even better if there was toast to put it on.
            Me: Banana goes well with bacon.
            Her: I already had a banana today.
            Me: You wouldn't say that about toast.
            Her: You make a good point. And eats her lunch

Primal win.
            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

• That was a good rejoinder to your daughter! LOL, glad you had bacon on hand once she gave up on the toast! Excellent replacement ....
                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                Primal low: 186 lbs
                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• That is a great conversation!

Unbelievably, on Wednesday my DSS asked if his lunches had to be a bread product. No I replied warily but they can't be full of crap either, expecting him to ask for pastry slices or sausage rolls or similar. Instead he asked for a salad box like me and his dad have! Jaw dropped. What's more when asked how it was he said fine and when given the choice of sarnie or salad box again today he picked the salad. Wow!

We must be doing something right

Comment

• AT, that is fantastic! What a primal breakthrough for you all. Lunches are really difficult to make primal, especially school lunches.

My 13yo has been taking lettuce wraps - i.e. putting her fillings in the lettuce leaf because I was out of bread. I have bought her some buns for next week though, they can live in the freezer and she can have them one at a time. Still no bread though so people won't be making toast at all hours of the day.

I need to make more muesli for my dh because my other dd ate it. In fact I confess I even had some for lunch one day. It made me sleepy, which wasn't ideal so I won't do it again. But I will make him some more because I'd rather he ate it than the packaged stuff.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• loved reading up on all your primal wins and good lord, new zealand is beautiful in winter!
                      Lora

obligatory introduction
                      journal

Comment

• My young teen reported a comment from her English teacher that she thought was funny. They are reading a WWII story, and the word "dripping" came up. Thinking it might be unfamiliar to the kids, the teacher tried to describe it to them. "Maybe some of your grandparents use it, it has a funny taste". My daughter is laughing to herself thinking "we have it all the time!" LOL.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• I'm replying partially because I don't want to lose your journal...

Annie, you are a damned inspiration. From your discoveries to your growth thereafter, and most importantly your self-aware nature and persistence to live the life that you have chosen for yourself: the healthy one.

I'm so happy for you, and I can't wait to be on that green green grass beside you (figuratively, NZ is a bit of a hop skip and a jump), trying to figure out, "so what's new today?".

I'm just getting into this life, and seeing someone like you who has accomplished their goals, and instead of just resigning, you're continuing to strive for more and have more to experience and share! That's my dream, my goal with all of this. I want to get to a point where I live it so much and can help inspire others! I'll get there, and it's stories like yours that will inch me ever closer.

Thank you, truly.

- Jim

Edit: sorry for derailing the conversation. You may all get back on track now haha.
                          Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                            My young teen reported a comment from her English teacher that she thought was funny. They are reading a WWII story, and the word "dripping" came up. Thinking it might be unfamiliar to the kids, the teacher tried to describe it to them. "Maybe some of your grandparents use it, it has a funny taste". My daughter is laughing to herself thinking "we have it all the time!" LOL.
                            love this!
                            link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                              My young teen reported a comment from her English teacher that she thought was funny. They are reading a WWII story, and the word "dripping" came up. Thinking it might be unfamiliar to the kids, the teacher tried to describe it to them. "Maybe some of your grandparents use it, it has a funny taste". My daughter is laughing to herself thinking "we have it all the time!" LOL.
                              funny taste? that teacher is nuts.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dripping - hee hee. Maybe your daughter should explain how yummy food is that is cooked in it.
                                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                                Primal low: 186 lbs
                                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

Working...
                                X