What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neeleh View Post
    Getting a kind of vicarious titillation from your descriptions of cake Annie.
    Sorry. I don't eat cake any more, but there are still occasions when I am called upon to make it. I had to go buy flour, and two kinds of sugar, which are now taking up space in my supposedly primal pantry.

The birthday girl had a huge slice and my dh rated it 11 out of 10, so I'm glad I still have some baking skills when it counts but I came home thinking about what else I could have made with carrots, eggs, butter, cream cheese and walnuts, lol.

Originally posted by LoraEwinaga View Post
    looking forward to reading more about your BS/vinegar/rainwater experiment. I tried BS/vinegar for a while but I didn't get through the transition phase. it just was too terrible

i then switched to a much less aggressive shampoo and conditioner without sulphates and such, and got my washing routine down from once a day to once every two days. i think i'm in a much better starting place now than before to give it another try.
    Yes, I wonder if you can keep on stretching out the gap between washes. I usually only do once a week anyway so this wasn't such a great departure. I wasn't so pleased with it this time because it went all "flyaway" and staticky. But I think that may have been due to the very cold weather. I will persevere for another couple of washes, that would make it a month, before I decide. I actually think the baking soda may be a little strong (I used a tablespoon in a cup of water) so I'm thinking of using a less strong solution next time.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Slept in. Brunch was a fried egg with vegetable parcel (carrot and cream cheese, nuts and mustard wrapped in silverbeet).

Snacked on banana, cheese and chocolate.

Dinner will be roast beef, pumpkin and broccoli.

Turned my compost pile again, not much other movement to speak of. Hanging out for school holidays to end and get up the mountain again.
      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• When I arrived at church this morning a friend told me "we'll take your chicken". That's the funniest greeting I've had in a long time but a very welcome one. These friends have a large and properly fenced coop, and have recently reduced their chicken numbers, they also have a knack (so they say) for introducing new birds to their flock.

So Trouble has already gone to her new home, my front yard seedlings will be safe from her attentions, and I still have four chickens out the back where they belong. A happy ending to the saga of Trouble, the global entertainment sensation.
        Last edited by Annieh; 05-03-2014, 07:44 PM.
        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• B: Vegetable omelette. Fresh feijoas and a banana passionfruit from the garden.

L: Lamb and vegetable curry soup.

S: Banana. Chocolate. More feijoas and a few sultanas.

D: Beef mince chilli with sour cream.
          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Aah, feeling relaxed after my mini-holiday i.e. getting away up the mountain for a few hours. Conditions were misty, drizzling and ultimately very wet. I could taste the wind, especially crossing the ridges, and allow the moisture to settle on my hair. Such a refreshing day Autumn berries were fruiting right beside the track.

Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Ooh lovely, very evocative. Can feel the autumn mistiness. Such lush looking vegetation. Thank you for sharing your special places
              Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                Aah, feeling relaxed after my mini-holiday i.e. getting away up the mountain for a few hours. Conditions were misty, drizzling and ultimately very wet. I could taste the wind, especially crossing the ridges, and allow the moisture to settle on my hair. Such a refreshing day Autumn berries were fruiting right beside the track.

I needed that little interlude, your photo took me there.. thanks
                link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Such beautiful pictures - I could taste the wind with you, though I am sure I was tasting South African tastes in my mind

I am glad that Trouble has a new home. Integrating chickens is a real headache and even more so when you only have 5 and limited space. Not a recipe for success! We have our methods of integrating chickens that usually work - but it is still a royal pain in the butt until it is all settled. And having said that we had our difficult cases that never really worked out.
                  Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                  Primal low: 186 lbs
                  Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                  Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Sorry Annie, i have missed so much lately. I so hope that trouble enjoys her new home. Sometimes its nice to have a 'trouble' in the front yard. It ends up being something to focus on when trouble comes a calling !!!!!! If you get my drift!!!
                    Hope the tramping is going well
                    G x
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Great pics Annie. Really hope to visit NZ someday not too distant.
                      M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                      - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Come on over, M2M, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Today's success story was really interesting, and the comments about hormonal issues rang a bell after conversation with a friend yesterday.

She told me she had been suffering greatly with multiple flushes a day leaving her very tired and exhausted, but her doctor has given her some "wonderful" pills so if I have that sort of trouble she can tell me what pills work.

It's horrid to feel so smug, so far I have managed to stave off this issue with primal. Two years ago I was bloated and lethargic, with sleep often broken by what I now realise were night sweats. I dropped the grains and oils, and upped the eggs and veges, and in hindsight I see all those the symptoms practically vanished overnight. It really was that simple for me and I just feel so grateful to have found something that worked before matters grew worse and less easily resolved.

So I didn't say anything to her - she seems happy with her solution, although I don't think I could be.

Having said all that, I didn't eat particularly well today, it's mostly primal but I grazed a lot:

Eggs, feijoas, milky cocoa, bananas, pear, cheese and marmite, three slices beef, almonds, chocolate, oven chips, beans and sausages.

For movement I did a few bodyweight squats and some pushups, and pottered in the garden.
                          Last edited by Annieh; 05-10-2014, 02:14 PM.
                          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Sounds like a lovely Sunday to me, Annie.

I was amazed at the difference in how I felt (no longer at the mercy of my hormones and not at war with my body) after changing my diet - a magic elixir!
                            M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                            - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Aah, just been shopping for more primal food. Beef, chicken, eggs, butter, veges, fruit etc. Plus lots of fodder for those who eat it - cereal, yoghurt, bread...annoying to have that sort of stuff in my trolley (and in my house), but good to have the cupboards stocked again.

Lunch was a carrot with peanut butter and dinner was soup because we have been away and I missed the bus in the rain this morning.

Trip away was for the excellent reason of second daughter's graduation so despite tiredness am feeling pretty good Managed to stay relatively primal on the road until succumbing to ice-cream sundae at McDonald's on the homeward journey. Even helped out my Dad by supplying him with a hardboiled egg in the middle of a very long day when he was very much in need of food. So that was nice
                              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• I met a wonderful elderly lady at the butcher shop today.

Upon seeing me buying a ham on the bone and two enormous beef rolls she rightly inferred that I was not cooking for one, as she does these days. Then she began reminiscing about her days on the farm when she had to cook for a crowd - whatever animal was available, beef, pork or sheep, she would cook it. One time her nephew brought her three sheep. They were cut in half but she had to take it from there! I looked at her with great admiration. This tiny lady can butcher a sheep!!

It was only later that she had to "learn" to shop at a butcher's.

Meanwhile, the meat is for my daughter's 21st birthday tomorrow. All I need to do to the ham is glaze it and heat in the oven for an hour or so. We can simply carve slices off it at serving time. The beef I'm planning to sear in a pan, then slow cook all day with garlic and rosemary. Then slice it, reduce the liquid to gravy and return to the cooker on low until serving.

I've also made two pavs and two cheesecakes, and about to embark on fresh fruit salad. Warm and cold vegetable dishes will wait till tomorrow and have a sister doing potato dish and a carrot salad. I hope there's enough to feed an army.
                                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Working...
                                X