No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks ladies, I felt so relieved to have finally bought something that I wasn't too sure it was the right thing after all, but my best friend loved it and my dh said 'twas nice. Gotta show my sister now, which is only fair because she showed me hers, but I wish I could keep it a surprise. Thinking about hair, next.

All was going pretty well on the diet front, until I went to the gym this afternoon. Came home ravenous and caved to the Peanut slab while cooking steak and veg for dinner. Looks like I can diet OR exercise, but doing both seems to be beyond me. Plus, I was already pretty pleased with how I fit into the dress that my incentive has dwindled somewhat.

So -
    B: no food, just went shopping!! All morning.
    L: Omelette, ham, cheese, fruit (can't remember exactly what, was hungry and not paying too much attention).
    S: Banana before going to the gym.
    More Snacks: Fruit, cheese, Peanut slab.
    D: Steak, mushrooms, chips, carrots and fresh beans that my neighbour dropped in while I was out. Great or we would have had no greens. I made a sauce by draining the vege water into the frypan after cooking the steak and mushrooms, then reducing it down. Very successful, my dh didn't even reach for the tomato sauce or mustard. Happy.

Exercise: One hour weights and cardio class, plus walked home, maybe 45 minutes. Feeling tired but great.
    Last edited by Annieh; 01-13-2014, 04:21 AM.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• B: no food, just went shopping!! All morning
      there is the problem. i find if i skip breakfast for whatever reason, i end up peanut slabbing ( or the equivalent as i don't like peanuts ) later on in the day. i've experimented with this and it is consistently an issue. so i get up and eat breakfast when i get up. even if i am not hungry. you will have done enough exercise to offset the peanut slab so i wouldn't be stressing about it. well i would but more coz i'd wasted my chocolate fit on peanuts not something nicer LOL

how long is your hair? i had mine plaited in the first hunger games style plait the other day. the dutch braid i think the technical term is and the woman put the end in a messy bun off to one side. i undid the messy bun and plaited it properly so it hung down the side of my neck when i went hunting. you can also pin the end up in a plaited bun which i did for a day too. the other thing i reckon would look good is dd found me a pic of a woman with 2 side plaits curled into buns at the end. so divide in the centre like you are doing bunches. French plait each side. then do two plaited buns low on the back of your head. or even just do a simple French plait. i find my hair looks better up as i get older, especially with a formal dress. all the men still prefer it down tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
        there is the problem. i find if i skip breakfast for whatever reason, i end up peanut slabbing ( or the equivalent as i don't like peanuts ) later on in the day. i've experimented with this and it is consistently an issue. so i get up and eat breakfast when i get up. even if i am not hungry. you will have done enough exercise to offset the peanut slab so i wouldn't be stressing about it. well i would but more coz i'd wasted my chocolate fit on peanuts not something nicer LOL

how long is your hair? i had mine plaited in the first hunger games style plait the other day. the dutch braid i think the technical term is and the woman put the end in a messy bun off to one side. i undid the messy bun and plaited it properly so it hung down the side of my neck when i went hunting. you can also pin the end up in a plaited bun which i did for a day too. the other thing i reckon would look good is dd found me a pic of a woman with 2 side plaits curled into buns at the end. so divide in the centre like you are doing bunches. French plait each side. then do two plaited buns low on the back of your head. or even just do a simple French plait. i find my hair looks better up as i get older, especially with a formal dress. all the men still prefer it down tho.
        My hair is below shoulder length but not real long. Thanks for your ideas, Seas, I like the sound of the dutch braid ending with a plaited bun so I might have a practice run and see how I get on. I also like a single french braid, possibly even tucked under, but it can seem a bit severe; and a simple side plait maybe just a bit low-key.

I have always, always eaten breakfast, then since primal I sometimes find I don't always need it, and now I've been delaying/skipping it intentionally this week and find I'm falling into a new pattern. It has helped me eat fewer times in the day. I think yesterday it was the exercise that made me so hungry, and I was unprepared.

But you're right, the peanut slab doesn't seem to have sabotaged my efforts too much, the tape measure is pulling in just that wee bit and the scale was down .6kg after just a few days.

Peanut slabs, I kinda like them and keep them in reserve for tramping, they're much easier than making up scroggin and not so terribly un-primal. My dd gave me 3 for Christmas, I have one left

B: no
        L: Leftover steak and veges, with leftover sauce from the butter chicken and a little rice that got mixed in; some chips, sliced ham, and a choc-banana pancake.
        S: Plums, cheese.
        D: Pork chops, kumara, onion, courgette and capsicum, with mango slices. Soooo full now.
        Last edited by Annieh; 01-13-2014, 11:50 PM.
        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• it's just the peanuts i cant stand. i am sure they do hazelnut slabs. i don't know. I've never been into peanuts so i cant understand the appeal. actually the only peanut thing i can eat is gado gado sauce is it? peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic and warm water. you eat it with steamed veges. or from way back in my vege days. mix it in with stir fried cabbage and egg noodles and eat it with mango chutney! somehow never the same with almond butter and some faleo noodle sub.

i think too A that you-tube has a zillion awesome hair style ideas. i sometimes get lost for hours looking at them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
            Found my dress. Something similar to this : MARINA Mixed Lace Sheath Dress (Regular & Petite) | Nordstrom

but with less lace i.e. sleeveless, and no lace in the skirt.
            wow-that dress is gorgeous Annie, you are gonna rock that wedding !!!!!!!
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• love the dress one for my vision board me thinks
              link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• B: Baked custard - made with three eggs and a whole pint of real milk, I ate most of it though my dd appeared in time to salvage a small helping for herself.
                L: Pumpkin and ham bake (onions, tomatoes, basil, cheese).
                S: Boiled egg and some carrot sticks (I keep these in the fridge to keep from breaking into the chocolate and raisins, it's working so far).
                D: Lamb spare ribs (yum), honeyed greens, pumpkin bake. A small apple.

Today we went sailing again and since the tiller extension was broken the job of hiking-out-over-the-side-in-order-to-prevent-capsize fell to lil ole me!! It was most exhilarating, to phrase it positively. Beautiful day.

I also went into the garden and found some red onions gone to seed and harvested the first of my poor wizened up red cabbages. The chickens have cleared me a nice area, I'm mulling over how to fence them OUT of it now in order to use it for veges. It's round, since it was a swimming pool in previous incarnation, and has a plum tree in the centre, so it doesn't lend itself to rows of carrots but I will find a way.

thanks everyone for the positive feedback on the dress
                Last edited by Annieh; 01-14-2014, 11:45 PM.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

B: Baked custard - made with three eggs and a whole pint of real milk, I ate most of it though my dd appeared in time to salvage a small helping for herself.
                  L: Pumpkin and ham bake (onions, tomatoes, basil, cheese).
                  S: Boiled egg and some carrot sticks (I keep these in the fridge to keep from breaking into the chocolate and raisins, it's working so far).
                  D: Lamb spare ribs (yum), honeyed greens, pumpkin bake. A small apple.

Today we went sailing again and since the tiller extension was broken the job of hiking-out-over-the-side-in-order-to-prevent-capsize fell to lil ole me!! It was most exhilarating, to phrase it positively. Beautiful day.

I also went into the garden and found some red onions gone to seed and harvested the first of my poor wizened up red cabbages. The chickens have cleared me a nice area, I'm mulling over how to fence them OUT of it now in order to use it for veges. It's round, since it was a swimming pool in previous incarnation, and has a plum tree in the centre, so it doesn't lend itself to rows of carrots but I will find a way.

thanks everyone for the positive feedback on the dress
                  You can put in rows in a circle of carrots, and radish, turnips/swede, like a "fairy ring"..... or a very large "bullseye" target...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    You can put in rows in a circle of carrots, and radish, turnips/swede, like a "fairy ring"..... or a very large "bullseye" target...
                    I need alike button for this suggestion

Comment

• A fairy ring - nice. Maybe a magic spell to keep the chickens out?

After dinner snack: A dark chocolate bar.

My first in several days and I thought i was missing it. For some reason, it didn't taste great to me, how weird is that? It's usually a daily snack.
                      Last edited by Annieh; 01-21-2014, 01:24 AM.
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

A fairy ring - nice. Maybe a magic spell to keep the chickens out?

After dinner snack: A dark chocolate bar.

My first in several days and I thought i was missing it. For some reason, it didn't taste great to me, who weird is that? It's usually a daily snack.
                        I planted some greens and lettuce in the middle of the area I have my hens and used one of these to keep the birds out...

Electric Fencing - Premier1Supplies

They have a non-electric type as well..

Comment

• That dress is smokin' hot Annie. Love, love, love it!
                          Now if you would kindly educate the Canuck.....what on earth is a peanut slab?? Peanut brittle is the only thing that comes to my mind.

Comment

• Annie, while you are educating Canucks, could you give a German/South African some help with your baked custard recipe?
                            I find that I can't eat eggs every morning and prefer something less "savoury".

Thanks!

Comment

• Ok, peanut slab is a chocolate bar with peanuts embedded in it. (Here's a pic: Whittaker's Peanut Slab Bulk Carton 72 - Bittersweet Dark Images - 3 of 3 at Mighty Ape NZ).

And baked custard: there are many versions, here's one: Basic Baked Custard Recipe - Taste.com.au

The proportions I used were 3 whole eggs, 600ml raw whole milk, 1T sugar, a little vanilla and nutmeg. Off to make another one right now for my home-from-uni dd.
                              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Oh! that peanut slab has me drooling

Comment

Working...
                                X