No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ is so on my bucket list. Beautiful country, Annie, Gwamma, and Seas - who could ask for more?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Argh. At work and no tramping pics are visible. Though that is probably a good thing. At the moment, I would be likely to start walking NZ-bound

Comment

• Right, I'm on track - been to the gym, weighed myself (58.8kg so surprisingly no gain and perhaps even a slight loss. But all my undies are tight so just goes to show how unreliable the scale can be as a measure of size let alone fitness or health), and having breakfast now of one peach, two slices of corned beef, three fried mushrooms and an egg. Feeling virtuous, and skinnier already

It's already the 9th but I finally hung a calendar and made some resolutions. For starters:

Learn to recognise more of our native plants and birds.
        Improve my photography.
        Take up tap dancing.
        Redecorate my bedroom.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• In another lifetime, I thought I might become a bird and/or exotics veterinarian, so someone gave me an Audubon Guide to North American Birds. If there's one for NZ, I highly recommend it. It was stellar in every way.

Maybe your undies shrank in the drier?
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post

Maybe your undies shrank in the drier?
            Haha, along with my tape measure. Nope, don't think so

Not feeling quite so virtuous now more like - Hungry. Two choc-banana pancakes with cream, a plum, some meat and cheese. Trying to ignore the leftover fries in the fridge and the raisins in the pantry. Realising that I do like my carbs.

Tried on some tap shoes today. They could be mine for a mere $107. How much do I want to do this??
            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Tap dancing is awesome - go for it. But if you buy the shoes you can't back out - then you are committed Love the pics of your tramps as usual. Keep those carbs down - it'll be worth it for that nice dress! I wish I only had that much to lose - oh well, I am on my way again.
              Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
              Primal low: 186 lbs
              Current weight: 221.4 lbs
              Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Well the only way I managed to ignore the raisins and the fries was by munching down an enormous chunk of meat, and a few sweet blueberries. That worked so well that I then had no appetite for dinner, now it's 10pm and even though I'm just starting to feel hungry again I will ignore it and go to bed. I forgot how hungry I get when I go to the gym, hope I'm not trying to do too many things at once here.

Today's primal revelation: I was looking through some old photos at Mum's and they showed my weight would plummet while I was breastfeeding and rise steadily at all other times. The thought that went through my mind was "That's me before I learned how to eat."

Then I went out to a community event, my family and all the people round me were eating fish and chips, tomato sauce, bean salad, fried donuts, crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks and beer. Again, the thought in my head was "These people don't know how to eat" (tho my sister had some chicken nibbles and bacon-banana rolls too, which sadly I was not hungry for).

So glad that I now know the difference between food and not-food. All I have to do is to eat food and not eat not-food and everything works out just fine.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Hi Annie,

I am new to this and I read your thread this am. It was incredible and inspiring.

Then I googled further this evening and read that peanuts are not considered paleo.

Yet I see that you did cook with it and I already bought myself some excellent peanut butter.

I am confused now. Is it a no go???

Comment

• Hi Linki, it's great to have you on board and I'm glad you enjoyed my journal.

It's true that peanuts are legumes and therefore not considered primal. I do use them occasionally, I have no problem with them and just let them fall into my 20%. If you have excellent peanut butter (I do, it contains only roasted peanuts and a little salt), then I would just feel free to enjoy it in moderation.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      Well the only way I managed to ignore the raisins and the fries was by munching down an enormous chunk of meat, and a few sweet blueberries. That worked so well that I then had no appetite for dinner, now it's 10pm and even though I'm just starting to feel hungry again I will ignore it and go to bed. I forgot how hungry I get when I go to the gym, hope I'm not trying to do too many things at once here.

Today's primal revelation: I was looking through some old photos at Mum's and they showed my weight would plummet while I was breastfeeding and rise steadily at all other times. The thought that went through my mind was "That's me before I learned how to eat."

Then I went out to a community event, my family and all the people round me were eating fish and chips, tomato sauce, bean salad, fried donuts, crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks and beer. Again, the thought in my head was "These people don't know how to eat" (tho my sister had some chicken nibbles and bacon-banana rolls too, which sadly I was not hungry for).

So glad that I now know the difference between food and not-food. All I have to do is to eat food and not eat not-food and everything works out just fine.
                      I just have to know, what are banana-bacon rolls????

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkie View Post
                        I just have to know, what are banana-bacon rolls????
                        Well I didn't have one but they looked to me like banana pieces with bacon rolled around them, held together with a toothpick and grilled. So that's what I called them. Primal enough for me, but I just wasn't hungry at the time.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                          Well I didn't have one but they looked to me like banana pieces with bacon rolled around them, held together with a toothpick and grilled. So that's what I called them. Primal enough for me, but I just wasn't hungry at the time.
                          Bacon makes just about everything better... and grilled bacon OMG!! lol I can see how bacon-bannana thing would work... total contrast between the food items.... crispy, salty, fatty, smoky bacon and soft, sweet bannana.... hmmmmm I may be off to get some near-overripe bannanas! I have home made bacon in the fridge..... mmmmmmmm bacon.....

Comment

• Yeah, bacon and banana pancakes without the pancakes! Yum.

Today was a success in that I left the raisins and chocolate in their packets again. On the other hand, I probably ate at least as much real food as I need to maintain my not unhealthy but suddenly unwanted layer of bodyfat.

It was also not a success on the shopping front. I tried on dozens of dresses, and left them all in the shops. Maybe three were "ok" but nothing I fell in love with. There's nothing quite like repeatedly stripping off in front of big mirrors to make one feel grumpy.

B: Two egg omelette with fried onion, mushrooms, silverbeet and few slices of red capsicum.
                            L: Cauliflower pancakes - recipe appeared on Facebook this morning and I couldn't help myself cos all the ingredients were right here. In fact I ate a WHOLE cauli by myself! (Two more eggs, a cauliflower (!), cheese, chives, cayenne, salt and 1T coconut flour).
                            S (Why am I snacking when I'm supposed to be dieting? I have no answer to that question): Plum (or two), peach, cheese and marmite, tiny apple, carrot sticks, few blueberries, hardboiled egg.
                            D: Honey-mustard rabbit, with green beans and peas.

So that's a total of 5 eggs in one day, probably a record. And hardly a low carb day with all that fruit and cheese.
                            Last edited by Annieh; 01-10-2014, 04:05 AM.
                            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Ok definitely going to make those banana/bacon thingies this weekend!
                              Cauliflower pancakes sound awesome too! I really must get more creative and start trying some new recipes instead of making the same old, same old over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkie View Post
                                Ok definitely going to make those banana/bacon thingies this weekend!
                                Cauliflower pancakes sound awesome too! I really must get more creative and start trying some new recipes instead of making the same old, same old over and over.
                                I reckon that whole cauliflower might gets things moving too!
                                link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

Working...
                                X