No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey PP, nice to have you back. I hope you are ok, I'm guessing you're getting serious about primal again - good on ya.

My half of the world is coming into spring so the weather is diabolical - sunny one day, wet off and on for the next six. But it's very very pretty - flowers everywhere, fruit trees coming into leaf, grass growing and three eggs a day from my chickens.

Tonight's dinner was a one dish wonder - onion, mince, carrot, cabbage, mushrooms, a few frozen peas and a can of tomatoes - pretty boring to my own mind but my daughter came home ravenous from dancing, took one look and declared it to be "almost" her favourite dinner.

So it was more or less primal and kept everyone happy but I will aim to be a bit more creative tomorrow.

I made a baked custard this morning, that was my breakfast and lunch. In between I munched on some leftover lamb slices, chunks of chocolate and cheese and a couple of homemade cookies (definitely my 20%). Back to the gym tomorrow
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Out here in Western Canada we are firmly entrenched in Autumn - this is my second favorite time of year. The color change is amazing especially in the foothills south and west of where I live. The mountains are crested in snow already and I am excited as it means snowshoeing - something I have not yet tried. Our weather is also all over the charts - cool to cold in the morning - late summer temps by the afternoon and still warm enough in the early evening for a stroll through the park. Cheers!
      “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Comment

• This time last year, I was in Canada too. It seems a lifetime ago, but we had a wonderful time.

Dinner was neither creative nor primal after all. Got too busy teaching piano, and ended up hunting and gathering for takeaways. Ah well, tomorrow's another day.
        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Annie you are one awesome lady. I hope that you are still making your soaps.............. Brilliant
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I've been meaning to make another batch as my stash is getting low and I need to bear in mind that it takes a few weeks to cure - in fact I am noticing the longer I leave it the better it is. I'm just a bit reluctant cos I don't have goggles, the ones I was using keep breaking and the raw materials are very caustic.
            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Oh I didn't realise that. But keep at it, especially if you enjoy making it.
              I was having a wee disagreement with DH t,other day. I have set up an amazing ( if I say so myself) vege garden. He was saying that it's cheaper to go out and buy....... I am saying - don't you taste the love that has gone into growing those veges???????
              Same goes for soap or anything that is made from the heart
              G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Oh absolutely, and handfelted slippers, or patchwork quilts etc.

Hey that's cool about your vege garden - what are you growing? I just picked the first couple heads of broccoli - I'm sure I could taste the difference but my dd just said "it tastes like broccoli".
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• It is so exciting.
                  Of course we are having these horrendous winds, so I need to keep the water up..... But I have mint, parsley, chives, rhubarb, spinach, silver beet, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, sweet peas, onions, broad beans, root beat, radish, tomatoes and pumpkin all doing there thing.
                  Very exciting......... And how neat to POP out to the garden to grab a herb, or vegetable........ Love it !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Watch out for the mint, I hope it is contained otherwise there is a risk it will take over the entire property (speaking from unfortunate personal experience here).

Lucky you can grow tomatoes, here is generally too humid, they seem to do well all season then catch blight at the last minute just before anything is ripe enough to pick. green tomato chutney is all well and good, but I don't think I'll bother with them again.

You reminded me I should try carrots again soon.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Watch out for the mint, I hope it is contained otherwise there is a risk it will take over the entire property (speaking from unfortunate personal experience here).
                      i have my own feral stash patch along the side of one of the sheep paddocks near me so i dont have to grow it. thankfully it is not as invasive down here as it is too cold.

Comment

• Never had a problem with the mint, however I have heard some wild mint stories.
                        I remember growing up in Matamata we would often get the blight on the tomatoes, but here not an issue, however they need protection until November. We are still having the odd frost !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• we cant grow tomatoes outdoors *sob* tomatoes out the garden are so good. i think we had a frost last week. the ground doesnt frost too bad near me as i am coastal but i had ice on the truck windscreen.

Comment

• Frost? No way! We haven't had one at all this year.
                            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• we are way down south in te wai pounamu and where we are is especially cold. i think we had a freak mini heat wave today. all of maybe 24 or 27 deg and everyone i ran into was complaining about the heat.

Comment

• Yep...... Sux to be me ....... But that is another story ...........

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X