What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    One day I aspire to make a HFW version of the turducken...
    I love the ceremony when they carry it in on a stretcher! And everyone cheers. Brilliant.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Wishing I hadn't had a sourdough pancake for breakfast. Sore tummy, nasty smells. Oh well so much for that experiment.

Lunch was a turkey drumstick and some leftover pumpkin bake. So, bake to primal again.

Yesterday in an attempt to use up a surplus of milk I made my first ever baked custards, quite the success. Knowing that my husband doesn't like custard I called them "creme brulee" instead. He seemed to like it though he did ask "has this got custard in it?" Ha, ha. I simply reassured him that it didn't have custard "in" it. Sneaky huh?
      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• you will be feeding him horse lasagne next A!! LOL i saw some proper lacto fermented sourdough bread when we were away skiing and very almost got some as an experiment but i just couldnt quite get my head around risking it. it would be so much easier if the kids could eat wheat bread and the WAPF people always go on about properly prepared grains which sounds so seducing.

Comment

• Lol Seas, you make me laugh. Just as long as I don't asphyxiate us both first. Phew, the results of that sourdough were pungent indeed. The bedroom needed a good airing this morning, and I was only glad that we both made it through the night. I don't expect to succumb to that "properly prepared grains" propaganda again for a good long time.
          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• LOL at the custard.

I get the same response to bread. No pain, just wind. Since my corner store closed down, it's happening much less. No more nights where I don't feel like cooking because a yummy po'boy is a half block away. I guess one man's bankruptcy is another woman's gluten free existence.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• LMAO yes but luckily i dont get wind, i just get tired and bad tempered. ive never fallen for the properly prepared legumes arguement as i dont like them so i dont care how they are prepared. on the subject of not custards, you can make those self saucing cakes gluten free very easily.

Comment

• Feeling all hippie today:

Juiced a batch of grapefruit.
                Stewed up a pot of rhubarb and honey.
                Scrambled some totally fresh eggs.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                  Feeling all hippie today:

Juiced a batch of grapefruit.
                  Stewed up a pot of rhubarb and honey.
                  Scrambled some totally fresh eggs.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Rode on the back of a Harley today, in a skirt and bare legs, with a dude I just met. I was terrified and now I can't believe I was that crazy. But it was sooooooooooo cool
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Rode on the back of a Harley today, in a skirt and bare legs, with a dude I just met. I was terrified and now I can't believe I was that crazy. But it was sooooooooooo cool
                      I can see how that would be cool in a couple of ways..... cool, as in breezy in the skirt.... and cool as in fun, awesome time! Some days it pays to let your crazy out a bit...

Comment

Rode on the back of a Harley today, in a skirt and bare legs, with a dude I just met. I was terrified and now I can't believe I was that crazy. But it was sooooooooooo cool
                        Fun stuff! Crazy is good.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          I can see how that would be cool in a couple of ways..... cool, as in breezy in the skirt.... and cool as in fun, awesome time! Some days it pays to let your crazy out a bit...
                          Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          Fun stuff! Crazy is good.
                          Thanks guys, I knew people here would get it. I certainly wasn't going to turn down a literally once-in-a-lifetime opportunity just cos I didn't wear leather jeans to the church picnic, lol.

Actually, it was a "mystery tour" and I definitely never imagined it would end the way it did.

Luckily (?) I was halfway down the road before I thought about my friend who just spent a week in intensive care after an accident in which his bike landed on him while fortunately his son was thrown off with barely a scratch. This was after I already let my 12yo dd have a ride too, only wearing tshirt shorts and jandals.

But yeah, our rides ended safely and it was exhilarating.
                          Last edited by Annieh; 10-06-2013, 12:51 AM.
                          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• B: Two fried eggs.
                            L: Bacon and egg pie. A pear. Grapefruit juice.
                            D: Bacon wrapped chicken breast with pesto, cheese and tomato paste. Asparagus, cauliflower and a new potato from my garden.

Fetched my raw milk again today. With that and all the eggs we're getting (collecting from our neighbours as well at present), garden silverbeet and grapefruit it is all feeling very wholesome and primal right now. A bit of actual flour in my pie but I'm not too worried, something has to hold the eggs and bacon.

Last night was also a 20%er being fish and chips, but at least I peeled off the batter.

Off to the gym tomorrow.
                            Last edited by Annieh; 10-06-2013, 01:02 AM.
                            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Luckily (?) I was halfway down the road before I thought about my friend who just spent a week in intensive care after an accident in which his bike landed on him while fortunately his son was thrown off with barely a scratch. This was after I already let my 12yo dd have a ride too, only wearing tshirt shorts and jandals.
                              you are a rebel A! 2 funny. i ride the hog in my daisys sometimes if i am close to it without jeans on. but not very often and never far. altho logically the most dangerous bit as there are all sorts of side roads and the main road with all the tourists on. i do not stress about it as well, you need to live your life. and the only time i worry irrationally is when i am out diving in the cold dark rip ridden water and i see a huge shadow and think SHARK!!!!!

i am jealous you are getting new potatoes already. mine i can see the tops just starting to come up. we're down to the nasty organic desirees are they from the organic vege store in town? red skin sorta floury. PIA to bake as they have black spots randomly in them which you can cut out if you are boiling them.

i got a weeks membership free to our local woman's gym which i have been going to. i have attempted a group fitness class but they are all at the wrong times. way too funny as the dumbbells only go to 14kgs and no squat rack either or olympic bar with big plates to deadlift.i have so missed all the out of it cardio machines and the inner and outer thigh machines. not to mention the flash hot high pressure showers and the sauna. it is like $17/week tho so i am not sure i can justify it when my gym is $10

Comment

• Seas I don't think it is at all irrational to think shark when one sees a huge shadow in the cold dark water!

Don't be jealous of my new potatoes, that was the sum total of my crop, just a self sown one that I pulled out with the weeds, haha. The ones I put just outside the back door for sprouting got blown away in a gale and I had to rummage round the yard till I found half of them. I still don't know where the others ended up, unless it was actually a tornado and flung them over the fence into the next door driveway.

Pity that your group fitness classes are at the wrong times, they are my favourite part of belonging to a gym. Apart from the showers, way better than mine so sometimes it's worth going to workout just for the shower afterwards.

That's a big price difference so enjoy your free week, and if you realise it's not really your style after all then all the better.
                                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Working...
                                X