No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B: Two poached eggs, one gourmet sausage, baked beans.
    S: Banana, 1/2 slice carrot cake.
    L: Three sausage-in-bread, onions, coleslaw, tomato sauce.
    S: Chocolate nut bar.
    D: Two lamb chops, fried leeks (back to primal meal after using up my 20% on an absolutely fun coupla days away).
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• B: Fresh grapefruit juice, two fried eggs.
      L: Slim pickings at church potluck - a few olives, carrot sticks, slice of egg, small scoop of chilli mince.
      S: Granny smith apple and some cheese slices. Raisins. Chocolate.
      D: Bacon and pumpkin bake with garlic, tomato, cheese and herbs.
      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Annie, how do you make the bacon and pumpkin bake? Sounds yummy.
        Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Simple, Soulrunner.

Heat some fat beef dripping in a roasting dish.

Peel and chop the pumpkin into cubes and toss in the melted dripping.

Add some chopped bacon and garlic, sprinkle with mixed herbs.

Roast till pumpkin is cooked but try to finish before it goes mushy.

I like it like this but last night I then stirred through a tin of tomatoes, topped with grated cheese and put back in the oven to heat through.

You can vary it alot with onion as well, different spices such as cumin. Even stir through sour cream or coconut cream. Have fun.
          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Particularly rugged hike above the bushline against a head wind today. Most invigorating. Or perhaps not - catching the bus home afterwards the driver asked me for my gold (pensioner) card. Since I'm a good 16 years away from acquiring one I can only surmise I was looking a bit haggard, or perhaps he wasn't looking at all. Funny moment, but I was too tired at the time even to notice what he'd said, let alone make a smart reply. lol.

Cooking lasagne right now - one half has pasta for my dh, the other has sliced leeks instead. I don't see why it won't work, though of course it won't actually be lasagne, haha.
            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
              Particularly rugged hike above the bushline against a head wind today. Most invigorating. Or perhaps not - catching the bus home afterwards the driver asked me for my gold (pensioner) card. Since I'm a good 16 years away from acquiring one I can only surmise I was looking a bit haggard, or perhaps he wasn't looking at all. Funny moment, but I was too tired at the time even to notice what he'd said, let alone make a smart reply. lol.

Cooking lasagne right now - one half has pasta for my dh, the other has sliced leeks instead. I don't see why it won't work, though of course it won't actually be lasagne, haha.
              i saw a cooking show last year where they used butternut squash as the lasagne "noodles"..... looked pretty tasty to me!

Comment

• i do moussaka instead of lasagne but it is essentially the same thing with veges instead of pasta. traditionally you can use either aubergines, or potatoes. or i guess pumpkin or butternut squash untrad.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                  i do moussaka instead of lasagne but it is essentially the same thing with veges instead of pasta. traditionally you can use either aubergines, or potatoes. or i guess pumpkin or butternut squash untrad.
                  I've done it using swede as well, which works, might try the butternut version though.

Comment

• You're the second person today to mention swede, so maybe I'll try that next time. It's yum with potatoes.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      You're the second person today to mention swede, so maybe I'll try that next time. It's yum with potatoes.
                      Go for it, I par boiled the swede the second time as gives it some pliability and reduces the oven time a bit! Ooh and with taters, got some sweet tatties, might try that for dinner....

Comment

• I've done it using swede as well, which works, might try the butternut version though.
                        i love swede so much i prefer to eat it mashed with butter and black pepper. i doubt i could get away with putting it in anything the kids eat. aubergines have a relatively mild flavour too so i would replace them with something less individual like zuchini, or even i reckon mushrooms would work.

Comment

i love swede so much i prefer to eat it mashed with butter and black pepper. i doubt i could get away with putting it in anything the kids eat. aubergines have a relatively mild flavour too so i would replace them with something less individual like zuchini, or even i reckon mushrooms would work.
                          Yup, that works as well, I chuck in a bit of nutmeg as well! Kids can be a tad fussy, unless it's disguised to the point of untraceability, which defeats the object really....

Comment

• yes and then we get to the principle of the Horse meat scandal lol i cracked up. imagine being deceived about what you were eating?! i've never been into pasta but i dont usually bother messing with traditional southern med food that doesnt use it. just sub wheat flour thickeners for tapioca. the odd bit of honey instead of sugar. that sorta thing. i so need to bump my journal so i can stick some recipes in there. lmao gamey stag and swede lasagne!!!

Comment

yes and then we get to the principle of the Horse meat scandal lol i cracked up. imagine being deceived about what you were eating?! i've never been into pasta but i dont usually bother messing with traditional southern med food that doesnt use it. just sub wheat flour thickeners for tapioca. the odd bit of honey instead of sugar. that sorta thing. i so need to bump my journal so i can stick some recipes in there. lmao gamey stag and swede lasagne!!!
                              I laughed my tits off at the horse meat scandal, people paying bugger all for eight quarter pounders thinking there getting fillet.... Keep meaning to get this Value Horse T-Shirt from RedMolotov.com....

Much the same & that lasagne sounds good to me!

Comment

• LOL we would have a riot in our house if anyone wearing that T-Shirt came by. we had an incident of recent with the horse getting sick. she is old. a few people cracked jokes about dog tucker and diggers. my daughter who owns the horse has not spoken to them since. no sense of humour when it comes to dead horse jokes LOL i'm still not sure about gamey stag. maybe not the gamey bit as that is ok but it was a bit chewy and i tried a fillet. it's hanging up in the neighbour's killing shed and i am ignoring it AKA ageing it till we've been skiing at the weekend and i can deal with it and we will be poor enough to have to eat it!

Comment

Working...
                                X