No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B: Two fried eggs, two slices bacon, mushrooms, 1/2 banana (both fried in butter), and a chunk of cheese. Bowl of fresh fruit salad and whipped cream.
    L: Leftover beef and pumpkin curry - a couple of bowls full.
    D: Roast chicken (like a quarter of a chicken) with potato (two pieces), pumpkin (1 large piece), parsnip (half of one), onion (half of one) and garlic (a few cloves).

Snacks were: dark chocolate (quite a bit) and I think I probably had an apple at some stage too.

No exercise to speaking of. Missing the gym. Missed my tramp this week too. Hope to get outside tomorrow for a couple of hours at least.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
      B: Two fried eggs, two slices bacon, mushrooms, 1/2 banana (both fried in butter), and a chunk of cheese. Bowl of fresh fruit salad and whipped cream.
      L: Leftover beef and pumpkin curry - a couple of bowls full.
      D: Roast chicken (like a quarter of a chicken) with potato (two pieces), pumpkin (1 large piece), parsnip (half of one), onion (half of one) and garlic (a few cloves).

Snacks were: dark chocolate (quite a bit) and I think I probably had an apple at some stage too.

No exercise to speaking of. Missing the gym. Missed my tramp this week too. Hope to get outside tomorrow for a couple of hours at least.
      Mean breakfast Annie!
      Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soulrunner View Post
        Mean breakfast Annie!
        Thanks, Soulrunner. I did go a bit overboard but the fruit salad was left over from a family do and I just felt hungry. The cheese was extra, too, but the first course is fairly typical.
        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Raining AGAIN so didn't go tramping AGAIN. Instead, went to the aquatic centre where I put in a few laps and then took turns with my dd on the climbing wall! When you miss or get to the top you just drop straight back into the water. Don't know how many 49yo women they've had doing that, but I sure had a lot of fun. It was hard work on my arms, I'm wondering how much I will feel them tomorrow.
          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• . Don't know how many 49yo women they've had doing that, but I sure had a lot of fun.
            i am jealous. we dont have a climbing wall here. we are going to go to the one in wanaka in a few weeks which i am very much looking forward to but no water to fall in if you fall off. i love the hydroslide at our pool. i met an old woman once whose handcraft class all went to the hydroslide on evening. a bunch of proper old ladies lol apparently they had loads of fun.

i think i need to instigate the weekly tramp plan. Everyone here has just started lambing so i can no longer trespass my way around the hills locally and i much prefer walking off road to on the road. how do you decide where to tramp?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              how do you decide where to tramp?
              lol, in our group is one very opinionated person - we go where she decides That's cool, she always has a good plan, depending on the weather, fitness of who turns up on the day, time constraints etc. We almost always meet at the same spot and make our decision from there, occasionally we will plan something in advance that requires extra time or an extra vehicle so that we can do a one-way trip.

I am happy to be led, because I had not been tramping regularly for such a long time. Now that I have been going for a year I'm getting enthusiastic about trying out some other locations, maybe I can rope in my dh and dd. I was hoping to take my teenager today but as it turned out the pool was very cool.
              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• is it a group you joined or just some friends? i also meant how do you find the tracks? i see a group of real oldies, as in around the late 60s - 70s out walking sometimes around here. i think they go on a tuesday lol

Comment

• Just friends, my good friend invited me to join her and the other ladies she knew.

The tracks are all official DoC tracks, there is plenty of info at the visitor centre on where they are. I have also just recently actually bought a map - brilliant idea, huh? I plan to highlight the routes as I do them, so I can cover them all over time.
                  Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• get a compass to go with the map! so many people rely on the gps on their phone and lots of out of the way places around here dont have a cell signal.

i have this book for our area which is awesome. we got out of the silver peaks once when it was getting dark and we were bush bashing from the maps in it.
                    Silver Peaks Press

Comment

• Yuk. In an attempt to use up my milk before it goes off, but to avoid eating the scones I made for the family, I decided to experiment with coconut flour pancakes. I had some measure of success in that they were technically edible. But once was enough for me.

It didn't seem like real food, just something stodgy but unusual tasting to replace the stodgy but normal tasting real pancakes that I no longer eat anyway.
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• B: Three slices corned beef, roast pumpkin chunks.
                        L: Two fried eggs, a little cheese, some chocolate.
                        S: Almonds, raisins, chocolate.
                        D: Chilli beef with a few nacho chips.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Spring is here and right on schedule the tui appeared in my kowhai tree.
                          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• i love tui! they so arent merely black and white either. there have been a flock of at least 5 hanging around here as all the kowhai in the bush nearby is flowering. they water bath in the spouting on the front of the house which is so cool as you can see them real well. when they decide to have chicks they will come and forage for insects in my compost heap. my youngest saw one last year there and it just stood and looked at her. she reckons they have red eyes. we, btw, have had a kotuku in the inlet next to us for the first day of spring! i think it is a juvenile as it is not as big as the one we saw a few months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                              i love tui! they so arent merely black and white either. there have been a flock of at least 5 hanging around here as all the kowhai in the bush nearby is flowering. they water bath in the spouting on the front of the house which is so cool as you can see them real well. when they decide to have chicks they will come and forage for insects in my compost heap. my youngest saw one last year there and it just stood and looked at her. she reckons they have red eyes. we, btw, have had a kotuku in the inlet next to us for the first day of spring! i think it is a juvenile as it is not as big as the one we saw a few months ago.
                              A kotuku! Wow you are so lucky. Say hi to it from me.

I just love springtime, it's so beautiful. All my muscles are sore after dragging myself in and out of the snow for four hours yesterday (not to mention my first gym session in a month the day before that) but it was worth it. - It's gone cold again today and I am shivering by the heater burning heaps of expensive gas, and eating because all this exercise has made me hungry
                              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• A kotuku! Wow you are so lucky. Say hi to it from me.
                                i walked across the causeway with it yesterday which was really trippy. it was bailed up in a corner out of the wind this morning but i didnt see it when i took the dog out after lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X