No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to make Pedidoc's apple and pear and walnut salad for family gathering tonight.

Need a vege dish also, probably do a warm potato salad.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• My salads:

Baby rocket leaves, apple and pear pieces, toasted walnut halves, feta chunks, lime zest, with orange and lime juice, red wine and pepper.

Salted Agria chunks roasted in beef fat, bacon pieces, toasted almond flakes, fresh rosemary leaves and dressing of sour cream and lemon juice.
      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• And I wasn't hungry until I saw the above! Yum.
        Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
        CW: 10-11-16: 144
        GW: 130 a dream, I know
        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
          Ha, at least someone appreciates my efforts. Outlook sent me a message congratulating me on the emptiness of my inbox. lol.
          Too funny.

Those salads look wonderful.
          LuJo

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
          ― Hippocrates

Comment

• great looking salads
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Inbox down to 1 page - 17 messages only. I found and downloaded some gorgeous old photos of milestones in my children's lives - performances, birthdays and balls and long ago friends.

It's left me feeling a bit glum. I'm not sure if because those days are in the past now, or just that it was hard work working through this with lots of screen time. But also feeling lighter - those were a whole lot of decisions pending which have now become items deleted, so in that way it has been as liberating as physical decluttering.

Family loved the salads.
              Collected fresh milk again.
              The sun is shining.
              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Absolutely - inbox control is very liberating; and it would appear that you do have to do the sorting approach to enable you to get it under control. Previously, I have used a system that advocates drawing a line under things as they are and declaring that the "backlog". You then start from fresh, keeping on top of the new influx - be it mail, items, etc - and then process the backlog. But for some reason this system never fully worked out for me. All that to say, I think you have probably done it the best way to keep on top of it for the future - you've dealt with the pain first so hopefully you will keep on top of it in future.

Your salads do look yummy as well - bacon with everything

Comment

• Thanks AT. I did sweep a whole batch into a new folder and called it Pre 2015. It mainly has the messages with photos I wanted to download, so I am still deleting those as I make sure not to lose the photos.
                  Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Deceptive Packaging Award of the Day goes to Maybelline Elixir : Maybelline Color Elixir — Beautezine

I foolishly expect this to be lipstick. But it is in fact an "elixir" and it comes (as clearly stated in tiny font on the back of the packet) with a Revolutionary Leaf Shaped applicator. Silly me.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Boy, Maybelline is surely pushing for some new way to make $! I agree - what a crock. Good on inbox control.
                      Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                      CW: 10-11-16: 144
                      GW: 130 a dream, I know
                      Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• The weather is fine and the urge to spring clean has struck. Today I washed the net curtains from both the lounge and dining room windows, polished those windows, and cleaned the lounge light fittings. Decluttering has morphed into housekeeping.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• That happens to me, too, Annie. I find myself taking better care / notice of the household chores as well as the decluttering

Comment

• I forget as we head into winter that the seasons are in reverse for you. As we head into cold weather, I am looking forward to stews and soups. Love salads and yours look yummy.
                            “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
                            - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

• Primal party - daughter's 15yo celebration was perhaps the easiest yet, despite having more friends than any other year except her 8th when we invited every child in her class (but thankfully that time I had two teenagers who managed crowd control for me).

This year she wanted a simple outdoor picnic, to which she asked her friends to bring some food in lieu of present - most of them ignored instructions and did both anyway, and one completely ignored instructions and brought fabulous present but no food, lol.

So approx 15 teenagers (it was hard to keep count with all the coming and going) met on the river flat by a beautiful local garden They played bat-down and soccer and swam in the icy river and made daisy chains and ate party food on a big rug on the ground. It was lovely and relaxing. After several hours of this they helped carry all the chilly bins and sports equipment back up the hill to the car.

So easy, so fun, and so child-like. Nice.

Save for a few strawberries and cashew nuts, the food was far from primal, but the activities and environment were as natural as you could hope for.
                              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• That sounds like a great party, Annie. What a wonderful way to spend the day

Comment

Working...
                                X