No announcement yet.

What Annie did next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh! Stop making me jealous over Settlers. Neither of my boys are games players, although B like Game of Life or Monopoly now and again .... to add insult to injury at the moment there was a caching meet-up last night and one of the photos shows some game playing going on - Settlers!

I did try with a new version of Monopoly at Christmas - we got one round in before bed one night while at the in-laws. I need some real friends of this ilk! Might have to investigate this digital version of which you speak

>>>>>>>

Glad to hear the Tidying is still ongoing. I hope everyone is still around to inspire me for when I get round to mine!

Comment

• Originally posted by AutumnTiger View Post
      Glad to hear the Tidying is still ongoing. I hope everyone is still around to inspire me for when I get round to mine!
      We will all be here unless you tidy us out of your MDA Subscriptions!
      Female back to the basics: 5-2017
      CW: 2017: 150
      GW: 130 a dream, I know
      Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• We played a card game with my in-laws tonight, it's a good way to spend time together even if the game moves slowly, which it did because half of us were still learning. Citadels, it was called.

I'm glad I took my butter chicken because the rest of the food was majorly grain and carb based - pizza, chips, cheesecake, banoffee pie, cake with icing. There was a tiny salad and a fresh fruit salad so I did ok, and my only departures were some crisps and later some fries, oh and rice and half a glass of wine. My husband overate, gave himself indigestion and then was upset when I didn't sympathise. Self-inflicted. When will he ever learn?

His sister's family eat crap and are always sick. I can't believe there's no connection. So it's not hard for me to turn down their fare, but it makes me sad.

Tidying is having a real impact. I have put my own books in their own little cupboard in my own little spare room with all my other own personal belongings. When I look at the few that made the cut after my last cull, it's interesting. Because they're so few they do represent my genuine interests. But there's nothing there that really tugs on my heart and I honestly believe could give them up if I needed to. Meanwhile they stay because I have space and they are quite nice, but that feeling of non-attachment is interesting.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
          We will all be here unless you tidy us out of your MDA Subscriptions!
          Hee hee, I misread the context of this, as it was in response to my post, but I was busy wondering if Annie was going to tidy us out of her journal

Comment

• Your evening of game playing sounds lovely Annie.

Re: eating & health. In a similar vein I find myself often wishing to tell my family, friends and colleagues that maybe if they tried a grain-free diet many of their ailments would ease; especially prevalent at the moment seem to be skin conditions. My friend's youngest son (four y.o.) has such severe eczema that she just this week posted a photo on FB of a crate-sized box of crème, wash & medicine stuff that he needs - just for the next two weeks. Not to mention special pj's and daily linen changes. I was soooo tempted to mention the Wheat Belly book and had to step away from the keyboard. Something that severe might not be curable but the symptoms could possibly be eased.

There are a couple of colleagues, too, who toil away day by day with their salad boxes and I can't wait to start seeing real progress again perhaps enough so that they ask what I did and I can share.

Don't know how my mum is getting on with her diabetes and whether or not she has read ISWF but I strongly suspect that she has done nothing and will end up on the meds despite being given a three month reprieve to enact a dietary intervention.*sigh*

Anyway ... happy stuff .... tidying: I love that everyone is so pleased by this craze. Wish I could hop on board. Maybe I could join in by noting my basic efforts in tidying, for example, I truly noticed for the first time in ages that I have an un-emptied entertainment bag still out from some previous occasion when we went away for the weekend - presumably Easter; yikes. Right, must sort those out later. Thanks for the inspiration, Annie

Comment

• Originally posted by AutumnTiger View Post
              Hee hee, I misread the context of this, as it was in response to my post, but I was busy wondering if Annie was going to tidy us out of her journal
              Never!
              Originally posted by AutumnTiger View Post
              My friend's youngest son (four y.o.) has such severe eczema that she just this week posted a photo on FB of a crate-sized box of crème, wash & medicine stuff that he needs

Anyway ... happy stuff .... tidying: I love that everyone is so pleased by this craze. Wish I could hop on board. Maybe I could join in by noting my basic efforts in tidying, for example, I truly noticed for the first time in ages that I have an un-emptied entertainment bag still out from some previous occasion
              Poor child.

Maybe you would do well with the Flylady approach. The magic book is advanced decluttering, for aspiring minimalists. Very much all or nothing approach. Flylady is just for anyone who's feeling overwhelmed, and is more about routines and 15 minutes at a time is better than nothing approach. Just a thought.

In the past couple of days I have decluttered some bits and bobs that belonged to other people, four or five different friends some of whom I haven't seen in quite a while. Boy were they surprised to receive their sunglasses, book, balldress, knitting pattern and dancing shoes back.
              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Some Tidy Magic: My husband mentioned his desire to wax the car and was proposing a trip to go buy some wax. Having recently handled every item in my laundry cupboard I knew what was there and was able to hand him an almost full bottle of the stuff. Yay.

Also, he has replaced our fuzzy sounding wall phone with a better one that he had sitting around unused. At the same time we have hidden the cords to the modem behind the microwave instead of draping them across the kitchen. Happier.

It's funny how you can get round to doing the simple things when the clutter is out of the way.

Breakfast was amazing - pumpkin and bacon, silverbeet and two fried eggs. What's not to love about primal.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Most amazing lamb casserole for dinner, from this recipe: Lamb Casserole Recipe - Taste.com.au

I did all the stages, including trim the fat, brown in the pan first, sauté the garlic and veges...right down to giving it a full 2hours in the oven. Delicious.
                  Last edited by Annieh; 05-03-2015, 02:23 PM.
                  Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Retrieved the rest of my beef from my father-in-law's freezer and made a hot chilli for dinner that made our eyes water and our noses run.

Now I have both beef and lamb options for the weeks ahead.

I practised for tap class this week and then the teacher did not cover the particular step I had been working on lol. I will have to wait a big longer to show off my progress.

Tomorrow's tramp will be a return visit to the track where last year I lost my keys. I wonder if we will find them???
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      Tomorrow's tramp will be a return visit to the track where last year I lost my keys. I wonder if we will find them???
                      Good luck. Perhaps I should travel north to look for mine from 3 weeks back. Am lucky in that Sat. I found a hardware store that could make copies for $2 vs. the previous hardware store that quoted me $70! Patience and research paid off!

Comment

• I got on the tidying bandwagon and made it as far as clothes and books. Papers is next but every time I try to shift a stack the boy comes swooping in to save them. All my papers are shredded and gone, but he's in the midst of a big case and working from home, so there are copies of everything everywhere. I'm itching to just swoop it all into a box and hide it away somewhere so the surfaces are clear. He would kill me!

My sister goes on and off the primal wagon, she doesn't seem to understand the weight gain and IBS returning are directly related to when she eats grains and soy but what can you do? I've led the horse to water, it had a sip, but says it's still thirsty. Oy!
                        You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Comment

• Clothes and books - woohoo. All your shredded papers - brilliant! Congrats and keep up the good work. My suggestion, now that I have been decluttering for like 10 years, is try not to worry about the boy's stuff. I am in the same situation and it drove me crazy until I made even more inroads into my own. I don't quite understand why his mess has become less bothersome to me, partly I think because I can look around and see many more areas of calm, partly because I realise how hard it is to deal with and why he finds it hard. I still don't understand why he doesn't care about taking an active interest in either his health or his surroundings but we are all different.

Sympathies over your sister. Why do people not join the dots???????? Aaagh.
                          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Feeling bloated. Dinner was very large helping or two of lasagne, a little crisp salad, dessert of apple and boysenberry pie with custard and cream. Pretty delicious actually, but too much pasta and pastry in one sitting. Ooooh.

Four hours tramping today, overcast but calm conditions we made good time but I didn't find my keys. I couldn't even locate the exact tree I was looking for, despite it being so eye catching last time that I had to stop and photograph it. Ah well...
                            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Funny how the trails look different at various times of the year and even when you walk in and the back out the same trail. One seems to notice different aspects that were missed the first time through. No keys...boo hoo.

Comment

• Hope you don't disappear. I can see how frustrating this stupid bot/spam/re-booting of this site can be. I need to get my life in shape and internet time warps don't help, so, I can understand.

I was looking forward to reading some of your tips on the Magic Tidy thread that was idiotically obliterated. Anyway, hope you come back after a time.
                                “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
                                - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

Working...
                                X