No announcement yet.

Primal Journal ~Traveller~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveller - have the best weekend karate-ing.
    I wonder if you need to up your carbs - just a wee bit ? I get quite down if my carbs are too low. Just a thought
    keep smiling, and 56% - thats a pass !!!!!!! yay for you !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Sugarbare, thanks so much, I really appreciate your imput.

Gwamma: thanks, I will!
      Yes, I've been wondering the same thing. Yesterday I had a total of 47 grams of carbs. I'm not obese, or even overweight so maybe I should up it a bit. But what do I eat to do that? I miss banana's, but they also have a lot of sugar.
      56% may have been a pass, but I'm going to do a lot better next time. But thanks.

Comment

You could eat more kumara, or more veges and fruit in general. Although I find its a fine line between too many carbs and not enough. For me - too many carbs gives me cravings !
        Play around with your carb intake, and you will work out what is best for you.
        At the moment I am trying to have meat and vege 2 or 3 times per day. If I am hungry at any stage I have an apple.
        Good luck

...small steps....

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Gwamma.

I've just been on paleotrack.com, and apparently my figures for today are: 13% protein, 81% fat, 6% carbs.
          Now I just need to find out if this is good or bad.

Comment

Who, me?
            Okay, I'll stay away from those.

Comment

Day 38

Hi all!

Lunch: 3 scrambled eggs in olive oil, walnuts and brie. Cup of tea.

Small amount of macadamia nuts, 2 kiwi fruit.

Dinner: Large-ish amount of roast chicken (with skin), cauliflower and spinach. With a dash of mint sauce.

Total for today:

Protein - 20% - 80g
              Fat - 66% - 120g
              Carbs - 14% - 58g

Exercise: 2.4 km walk, and 1 hour of karate. Lots of gruelling exercises. I love it.

If anyone sees anything wrong with my macros, could you tell me? E.g. too much fat, carbs etc. Because I have no idea.

Bye!

Traveller.

Comment

Day 39

Hi all!

Breakfast: cuppa with CO and honey.

Lunch: leftover chicken and spinach.

A few more cuppa's, turmeric and earl grey. Bit much honey I think.
                1 kiwifruit, small handful of pinenuts.

Early dinner: Greek yoghurt with small amount of honey.

Confession: chocolate.
                A line or so of milk chocolate. Didn't have any dark.
                My family has been pressuring me about something, and it made me feel a bit stressed, so...

Also, went out with a few friends today and predictably they stopped off at Mcdonalds for a 'sugar boost'. I turned it all down easily enough. In fact, today would've been great if I hadn't had that chocolate.

Tomorrow's the seminar! I'm a bit nervous. Always am before something new.

Total for today:

Protein - 22% - 51g
                Fat - 57% - 60g
                Carbs - 22% - 51g

923 calories.

Bye!

Traveller.

Comment

Good luck for your seminar. Don't sweat the milk chocolate, it wasn't much.

It seems that you haven't really had a meal today at all unless your chicken leftovers were very large. Are you sure you're eating enough, your food doesn't appear very substantial to me.

In fact, I just noticed your calorie total (my eyes usually focus on the food but glaze over the figures) and that really does look low. Please don't be afraid to eat plenty of real food at your meal times.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Yes, yesterday was quite low, and by bedtime I was hanging around the kitchen even though I wasn't technically hungry. I didn't eat, but I wanted to.

Comment

I concur with this! You are active in karate and I am guessing fairly young, I would suggest going to a website that calculates your bodies daily calories needs so that you get an idea of where you need to be daily.

I apologize I wish I could provide you with a link, but I forgot it. Keep on keeping on!

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      Good luck for your seminar. Don't sweat the milk chocolate, it wasn't much.

It seems that you haven't really had a meal today at all unless your chicken leftovers were very large. Are you sure you're eating enough, your food doesn't appear very substantial to me.

In fact, I just noticed your calorie total (my eyes usually focus on the food but glaze over the figures) and that really does look low. Please don't be afraid to eat plenty of real food at your meal times.
                      BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Comment

Day 40

Hi all!!

Just got back from the Seminar. It was so awesome!
                        During the breaks everyone was eating so much, I didn't understand how they could do the karate.
                        I didn't get hungry until about 10 minutes before the whole thing ended.

Breakfast (9:00am): 2 small eggs, scrambled with small amount of leftover chicken. Plus a few slices of brie cheese and a cuppa with CO. Although this sounds like a reasonably breakfast, it was actually very small. Just under a quarter of a bowl. I was too nervous to eat much.

4:45 pm: 1 apple.

6:00pm: 3 small eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup of parsnip slices, 2 brussel sprouts and brie.

Now some bad news: Today is a family members birthday. She's having pizza for dinner and a hybrid icecream/pavlova birthday cake. The trouble is, is that if I don't have at least some of that then I'll pretty much ruin things.
                        Both the pizza and cake are gluten free, which means that at least I won't be crippled with stomach problems for the next 8-10 hours.

Exercise: four and a half hours of karate! This was from 12:00pm to 4:30pm, with ten minute breaks every hour and a quarter.

Friend has just arrived with the pizza.

Wish me luck.

Traveller.

Comment

Day 42

Hi all!

So, the seminar was great both saturday and sunday. The last class on sunday, however, was completely exhausting. It was a grading assessment, so it was quite pressuring, and it was at the end of day so I was just...plain...exhausted when I got home.

Back to Saturday night, with the pizza...
                          Well, I had a few pieces. And half a cup of coke. And a tiny bit of the cake. And felt incredibly sick afterwords. Not the stomach cramps and bloating I get after wheat, but I felt really nauseous.
                          Good news is, there's no more birthdays until july.

Anyway, today:

Breakfast: 2-3 spoonfuls of greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of honey.

Lunch: 3 scrambled eggs, walnuts, 2 brussel sprouts, couple of slices of brie.

It's now 8:00 at night, and I haven't had anything since.

Almost a week back, I started using paleotrack.com as a way of tracking my carbs, fat and protein.
                          When I realised that it also counted calories, I just told myself to ignore them. I hate counting calories.
                          But now I find myself caring more and more about how much I eat a day, and my calories are getting lower and lower, as well as my energy levels. I keep wanting to skip lunch, half my portions, etc.

Today:

Protein - 15% - 31g -
                          Fat - 76% - 71g -
                          Carbs - 9% - 19g -

Calories - 823

Is that low? The calories, I mean. I think it is, but I'm not sure.

Exercise:
                          1 hour of karate.

Bye!

Traveller.
                          Last edited by Traveller; 04-29-2013, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Yes, that's low. Eat more.

Please do not damage yourself, there are too many people on here trying to fix problems caused by this sort of behaviour.

Your food looks nice and primal, but simply not enough. Yesterday was just one snack and one small meal.

This way of eating is both tasty and good for us, we are allowed to enjoy it. Eat three meals a day and have a healthy snack as well.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Day 43

Hi everyone,

okay Annieh, thanks.
                              Should I worry about calories at all? How important is it?

No lunch or breakfast, but I had a big dinner.

Dinner: 4 large scrambled eggs in olive oil, 3-4 tsp of avocado, 1/2 cup of walnuts, and 6-7 thin slices of brie.
                              1 cup of unsweetened yoghurt with 1 tsp of honey. Turmeric and pepper.

Total:

Protein - 15% - 58g -
                              Fat - 79% - 140g -
                              Carbs - 6% - 25g -

Calories: 1545

Exercise: 45 minute walk, 45-50 minute bike ride.

Bye!

Traveller.

Comment

Traveller I agree with Annie - don't bother with counting. Eat clean healthy food. Don't get caught up in the calorie counting debate. Keep it simple. I have a sister who competes in Taikwondo. I think that is similar to what you - but not the same. She has just won her age group in the oceanias.
                                Anyhoo - keep the exersize going, fresh air, and enjoy life.
                                G x

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X