Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 25 - 7:30am -

Hi all!

I've just recently fallen prey to a few chocolate eggs, but hopefully today will be chocolate free.
    It's so frustrating, I seem to be doing well, then a family member comes home with 4-5 bars of chocolate and I almost always end up having some!

Anyway: Breakfast was a bowl of Primmeal. I will not eat anything until lunch, which will be at least 4 hours away.
    After lunch, I will not eat anything until dinner, unless I do feel genuinely hungry.

I have to stop my grazing habits, especially in the afternoon.

Comment

Day 25 - 12:30pm -

Hey again!

Well, I did it! Didn't eat anything until lunch, which was two fried eggs, fried brussel sprouts (I love these!), and broccoli.
      So. Good!!

Now, it's going to be at least 5.5-6 hours until dinner, so I'm debating whether or not to have snack at the 4 hour mark.

Comment

Day 25 - continued -

Hi again,

End of the day, and I'm feeling pretty good.

At 2:45 pm I had two handfuls of pine nuts, and a cup of tea.
        I was still feeling hungry, so I had a few teaspoons of Greek yoghurt with a tsp of honey.

8:15 pm: one fried egg, fried brussel sprouts with a pinch of turmeric. And another cup of tea.

Conference tomorrow from 8am to 5pm. Definitely an early night.

Bye!

Traveller.

Comment

hi Traveller - Did I read somewhere that you are in Auckland ????
          anyway hope all is well - keep at it !
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Hi Gwamma, yup I'm in West Auckland!

Thanks for the encouragement! ;D

Comment

Our Kiwi numbers are getting up there !!!!!!!!
              Fantastic - and I think that we have a few aucklanders too.
              Do you do much travelling ??????

...small steps....

Comment

I know! I'm seeing quite a few of us around, too!

Do I do much travelling? No. None, in fact.
                But I do want to travel, which is what inspired my username.
                Sad, right?

Comment

not sad at all - come on down to the south Island - we will show you a good time !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Day 26

Hi all!

Gotta make this quick!

Breakfast-7:45am: bowl of Primmeal.

Immediately after, I was off to the Conference/Lecture.
                    At ten thirty they provided morning tea, which was masses of baked goods. I rolled my eyes and went for a walk. No morning tea for me...

At one thirty pm they provided lunch, which was more baked goods, plus sandwiches. I went for another walk. No lunch for me either...

At two thirty they provided afternoon tea, which was.....you guessed it! More baked goods!!
                    I went for yet another walk.
                    By now I was feeling slightly empty, but I was okay.

It finished at 5:30, got home at 6:15 and tucked into a dinner of roast chicken, kumara and parsnips. Also a slice of potato or two.

Now comes the bad bit.
                    Half an hour ago I had some caramello chocolate and an easter egg.
                    Why can't I just stop eating chocolate??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, this wasn't exactly quick.

Bye!

Traveller.

P.S. Gwamma, the south island sounds like a wonderful place to start my travels!
                    When I start them...

Comment

Hey Traveller, you did great today. Turned down not one, not two but THREE servings of baked goods. No wonder you were hungry and what a great dinner you had. A bit of chocolate is not a bad way to end the day, when you would certainly have needed something. Ok so dark choc with less sugar would have been better, but it's not wheat or other baking so...good for you.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Thanks Annieh! Can't tell you how much comments like this support and encourage me.

Comment

Day 27 - 11:55 am -

Hi everyone!

It's quite early to be posting, but I'm bored, so...

Got up late today, so I broke my fast with a sort of early lunch at about 11:45.

Lunch: Heaped plate of roast chicken and a salad made up of a variety of lettuces. I heaped my plate up because I'll be out from around 12:30 to 4:00, and the people I'll be with will almost certainly stop off at Mcdonalds, so I don't want to be hungry when that time comes around.
                          Also had a cup of tea, with a teaspoon of honey and a splash of cows milk, full fat.
                          I was planning on cutting out dairy because I thought it was contributing to my facial acne, and other problems, but when I cut it out of my diet I didn't notice any improvements. And to be honest, tea just isn't the same with almond milk, for me anyway.
                          But still, the only dairy I have is one splash per cuppa, and some Greek yoghurt once every two days or so. I'm pretty sure that's okay. I think the yoghurt actually helps.

Oh, and by the way, my acne is still improving!! I think it would've been gone by now if I hadn't fallen off the wagon at easter time. I don't do a honey cleanse every night, but I don't think I need to. I just wash my face with warm/hot water morning and night.
                          I've also found hot compresses work well too. Last night I used them, and the worst spots have gone down.

Oops, this seems to have turned into a bit of a ramble.

Bye!

Traveller.

Comment

Day 28 -2:00pm -

Hi all!

Breakfast today was fried eggs and brussel sprouts. Plus a cuppa.

Lunch: A bowl of primmeal, only this time I'm out of berries. But it was hot, and right now it's pouring with rain and I forgot to take a jacket when I went out, so I was freezing.

Confession: I was forced to eat a small handful of twisties.
                            I didn't enjoy them, though, which I'm suprised at.

Tonight I've got Karate!! Yay!

Comment

Hi Traveller thought I posted there but don't know what happened to it. just wanted to say thanks for your support and good luck eating (yuck) brussel sprouts for breakfast.

Comment

Hiya Traveller - pleased that things are going well for you.
                                What is primmeal ??????? I haven't come across that one

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X