No announcement yet.

Primal Journal ~Traveller~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey your inbox is full. Can't send you a reply.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Originally posted by Emofedom View Post
      Hey your inbox is full. Can't send you a reply.

Em
      "Adapt and Overcome"
      Whoops! Sorry. All fixed.

Comment

• Hi all!

B - Turmeric tea, 3 HB eggs, 1 banana, handful of spinach, and 40g of salmon. I know, a lot, but I'm trying to keep the cals higher.

I'm thinking of competing in an interdojo competition, on the 5th of october. It's like tournament, but instead of getting medals if you come 1st, 2nd or 3rd, or get a certain amount of points, which are then added to your dojo's total. The dojo with the highest amount get's awarded the Cup. I'm getting mildly pressured to go, which is actually a good thing. Without pressure I probably wouldn't go. I'm so weird.
        Thing's I'm worried about: if I compete in kata, will I be able to kiai?
        If I compete in kumite (sparring) I think I need certain sparring gear, which I don't have.
        If I do kumite, I'll have to kiai in every strike. And I can barely do it in kata, where there's only 2 kiai's.

>sighs<

T.

Comment

• You can do it! . This is exactly what you need. Compete!

You can Kaia... Just knock down that wall that's stopping you. It's a mind thing. Your will power to do well is stronger than your senseless fear of doing it in front of others.
          Last edited by Emofedom; 09-07-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Hiya,

I've started going to another training class, on a sunday. Yesterday was my first time, and boy was it hard. They focus mainly on fitness. And when I say 'fitness' I mean fit.ness. Like, navy seal fitness. I was sore afterwards, but it was nothing compared to how I feel now. I can barely walk. Stairs are a nightmare. But it was great, and I intend to go again.

B - 3 HB eggs, 1/2 avocado
            L - chia gel, yogurt, blueberries, 2 banana's, some roast lamb.

Got training tonight as well! I don't know how well I'll do though. Like I said, I can barely walk, let alone train.

T.

Comment

• Had more training this morning, as well. I thought Sunday was the hardest class I've ever been too. Boy, was I wrong. They had mats, steps, boards and other gear to make it really hard, and they succeeded - it was hard. But Sensei - with only a bare room - somehow made it seem like a walk in the park.

B - Primal porridge, w/ chia gel and walnuts. Very carby, but there was nothing else.
              L - haven't had it yet. Dunno what it's going to be. Something filled with fat. (Still can't get used to saying that)

T.

Comment

• What's a primal porridge made of?

Em
                "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Originally posted by Emofedom View Post
                  What's a primal porridge made of?

Em
                  "Adapt and Overcome"
                  Primal porridge is made out of banana's, eggs, and berries.
                  You mash the banana (1 or 2) up, add the berries and microwave (or use the stove) until berries are mushy. Crack in an egg or two and microwave until cooked. Mash and mix together, sweeten with honey and cinnamon.

It's yummy, but carby.

T.

Comment

• I'll have to remember that for later or maybe make it for Ethan.

Em
                    "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Okay, update:

Monday - 1 hr of training, 2 km walk.
                      Tuesday - 2 hr of training, 3 km walk + 2.6 km walk.
                      Wednesday - Rest/nothing
                      Thursday - 3 km walk, 2 km walk, 1 hr of training.
                      Friday - 3 km walk
                      Saturday - Nothing/ leisurely bike ride.
                      Sunday - 2 hr of training - Very High Intensity.

T.

Comment

• Hi all!

Great day today. Exhilarating run in the rain, great training...

B - 3 HB eggs, yogurt.
                        L - yogurt, walnuts, more yogurt...(got given heaps of it)
                        D - 2 HB eggs, 1 avocado.

Cheated a bit with a chocolate chip cookie. Oops.

Oh, and the skin seems to be improving! I took my hat of today (in front of people) for the first time in 3 months. I just hope to heck it doesn't get worse again. I've stopped using anything but water on my skin. It's such a hassle, all the soaps, cleansers, creams.

Bye!

T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                          Hi all!

Great day today. Exhilarating run in the rain, great training...

B - 3 HB eggs, yogurt.
                          L - yogurt, walnuts, more yogurt...(got given heaps of it)
                          D - 2 HB eggs, 1 avocado.

Cheated a bit with a chocolate chip cookie. Oops.

Oh, and the skin seems to be improving! I took my hat of today (in front of people) for the first time in 3 months. I just hope to heck it doesn't get worse again. I've stopped using anything but water on my skin. It's such a hassle, all the soaps, cleansers, creams.

Bye!

T.
                          Who knows that maybe the trick... Water!

Em
                          "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Hope so, Em!

Sunday morning - training for 2 hrs. It wasn't as hard as last week, which to be honest isn't saying much. It just means I can walk. Barely.

Wasn't hungry, so breakfast was a tiny amount of roast chicken.

I'm really enjoying the training. I come home, and I just want to do more. I do get the feeling that I'm one of the lowest grades, though.
                            Anyway, now I've got to survive a horrible, boring Sunday. More study, I guess.

T.

Comment

• Hi Traveller,
                              Apologies if you have already mentioned giving this a go in your journal, but have you tried Cetaphil cleanser and Cetaphil moisturising lotion for your skin? These products SAVED my face (my problems are acne, but also psoriasis, excema and periocular dermatitis). I had trialled so many different products - some super duper pricey - before I finally decided to listen to my doctor about Cetaphil. Well, I wish I had listened to him a lot sooner!!! Anyhow, I have suggested Cetaphil to numerous other people (family, friends, work colleagues) with similar skin problems, and most have not looked back since. So I hope it works just as well for you if you do decide to give it a go!!!
                              Last edited by Orange; 09-14-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange View Post
                                Hi Traveller,
                                Apologies if you have already mentioned giving this a go in your journal, but have you tried Cetaphil cleanser and Cetaphil moisturising lotion for your skin? These products SAVED my face (my problems are acne, but also psoriasis, excema and periocular dermatitis). I had trialled so many different products - some super duper pricey - before I finally decided to listen to my doctor about Cetaphil. Well, I wish I had listened to him a lot sooner!!! Anyhow, I have suggested Cetaphil to numerous other people (family, friends, work colleagues) with similar skin problems, and most have not looked back since. So I hope it works just as well for you if you do decide to give it a go!!!
                                No Orange, I haven't tried it, thanks! If my skin doesn't improve I'll try it. I always feel so guilty about using cleansers and such on my skin; I feel so 'unprimal'. But I can't stay like this forever, especially not with events coming up.

Thanks again!

T.

Comment

Working...
                                X