No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I don't think those creams work either, I would never purchase one, and I consider cellulite part of having a woman's body.

Interesting about your 6 meals, for me I don't think it would work as I would be thinking about food and eating even more than I do already. How is it psychologically?

I hear you about the swap of serenity for more body weight. I have a 'ballerina' body as well, and people admire it and tell me how lucky I am. They do not however know that the sculpting and maintain come at a vast price, above all else and in terms of my happiness on this earth, not worth it at all. Will I be on my death-bed at 80 wishing that if only I'd been thinner? Somehow I think there will be other regrets.

'Peace with food' is an expression my OA sponsor uses. I really like it, some days I have had it. Not at the moment though. Talk about body dysmorphia - I convinced myself this week that I had gained loads of weight and surely weighed Xkg, then hopped on the scales at the gym today and am Ykg, markedly lower than my 'fat' weight, in fact, low, low body weight. This scares me and thrills me all at the same time.

Your food today looks nice, I can't see how it adds up to nearly 4000 calories. It's better to nourish properly than to binge and restrict. Now I need to follow my own realization

Onwards onwards!

Comment

• Six meals works well for maintaining good liver glucose levels and keeping stress low. Some people have problems maintaining steady levels so if it works for you, keep it going. Plus if like you said its helps mentally which really is most important.

Also wheres the pics??

Comment

• Sounds like your in a great mental place today!

On the cold baths - I started at 80 degrees F and worked slightly cooler each day. Over time I felt warmer in 50 degree water than I did in 80. My greatest reason for doing it was the energy it gave me. I never felt like I was buzzing with energy but when I would do hard work, like hours of shoveling heavy clay soil, I wouldn't get tired and could work for twice as long and with spring in my step and the next day would have just as much energy again with no muscle soreness. I literally felt like superwoman. Only one problem, I had to sit in cold water about 30 minutes a day
        PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dexy View Post
          Yeah, I don't think those creams work either, I would never purchase one, and I consider cellulite part of having a woman's body.

Interesting about your 6 meals, for me I don't think it would work as I would be thinking about food and eating even more than I do already. How is it psychologically?

I hear you about the swap of serenity for more body weight. I have a 'ballerina' body as well, and people admire it and tell me how lucky I am. They do not however know that the sculpting and maintain come at a vast price, above all else and in terms of my happiness on this earth, not worth it at all. Will I be on my death-bed at 80 wishing that if only I'd been thinner? Somehow I think there will be other regrets.

'Peace with food' is an expression my OA sponsor uses. I really like it, some days I have had it. Not at the moment though. Talk about body dysmorphia - I convinced myself this week that I had gained loads of weight and surely weighed Xkg, then hopped on the scales at the gym today and am Ykg, markedly lower than my 'fat' weight, in fact, low, low body weight. This scares me and thrills me all at the same time.

Your food today looks nice, I can't see how it adds up to nearly 4000 calories. It's better to nourish properly than to binge and restrict. Now I need to follow my own realization

Onwards onwards!
          I too have had the 'naturally slim' comment bandied about (and I am by no means a ballerina) with its associated judgments about how I choose to nourish and exercise my physical form. I find it odd that as a society we encourage and/or accept this body commentary. It so rarely has a positive outcome for the person it is directed at.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dexy View Post
            I'm not sure yet... it's just an intuitive realisation that's coming through this process. I don't have strong digestion. My body can't cope with these huge meals. I have deep conditioning about meal timings (looking at the clock) and finishing everything on my plate. I have the feeling that allowing myself to eat when I want will help my body and mind. I want to eat with the natural rhythms of my body instead of someone else's rules.

Originally posted by Dexy View Post
            I have way too many regrets from the last two years... and they are all that I haven't seized opportunities, and that I've spent too much time wasting time and running in circles. You're so right.

Love yourself! Be careful.

Originally posted by Dexy View Post
            Your food today looks nice, I can't see how it adds up to nearly 4000 calories.!
            I know... well, I overestimate my portions cos' I don't weigh anything, and then there are lots of things I don't bother imputting: vegetables, juices, things I forget. So the intake could be less or more, I really don't know, it's just a ballpark range to gage my appetite and whether I was craving carbs, fat or protein.

Hugs to you sister

Originally posted by Zach View Post
            Six meals works well for maintaining good liver glucose levels and keeping stress low. Some people have problems maintaining steady levels so if it works for you, keep it going. Plus if like you said its helps mentally which really is most important.

Also wheres the pics??
            Yeah, it feels like the right thing for me now, so maybe it's part of the healing process!

Haha I couldn't bring myself to post the pics, I hated the "fat pic" too much.!
            Last edited by YogaBare; 09-25-2013, 05:15 PM.
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              I too have had the 'naturally slim' comment bandied about (and I am by no means a ballerina) with its associated judgments about how I choose to nourish and exercise my physical form. I find it odd that as a society we encourage and/or accept this body commentary. It so rarely has a positive outcome for the person it is directed at.
              So true... same goes for beauty. Just creates a value system within the person that if they're not beautiful or thin then they have nothing.

Personally it's making aging very difficult. I'm very conscious that I don't get as many compliments about my appearance anymore. I've tried to console myself with my fading looks by thinking that at least I had control over my body... HA!
              Last edited by YogaBare; 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM.
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• 6982474_700b_v2.jpg

Comment

• Haha! That's totally me.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                    So true... same goes for beauty. Just creates a value system within the person that if they're not beautiful or thin then they have nothing.

Personally it's making aging very difficult. I'm very conscious that I don't get as many compliments about my appearance anymore. I've tried to console myself with my fading looks by thinking that at least I had control over my body... HA!
                    I went to the liqueur store yesterday. I didn't get carded. Life goes on though, right?
                    PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• E.M.T.W.L

Entry Twenty: Smaller, Slower, Stronger

Today was the first day implementing the "eat smaller, more frequent meals when I'm hungry."

I've got some very deep conditioning about eating three times a day, and finishing everything on my plate. I'm hoping that the freedom to eat when I want will also give me the freedom to stop eating when I'm full cos' I know there'll be another opportunity to eat whenever I need to.

Sleep:
                      When I was falling asleep last night I had a very strange experience. I became aware that my headboard was slightly vibrating against the wall. I put my hand to my heart and realised then that it was beating extremely heavily. Not fast: just heavy. Heavy enough to cause a tremor in the bed. The beat also wasn't regular... almost like it was skipping.

But anyway, slept well! 12.00 - 7.30am Probably could have slept later but I had to work early today.

Digestion
                      Fine.

Skin
                      Think nails are getting stronger and the small spot breakout is disappearing.
                      Flushed very easily doing Yoga.
                      Skin has been tight lately, but it was really dry today. Hate to say it but... I think I need more fat!

Food
                      Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 00.02.51.jpg

Breakfast: 9.30am; Lunch: 1pm; Snack: 2pm (1/3 mango); Snack:4.30pm (Banana, Fruit and yogurt); Dinner: 7pm; Snack: 9.30pm (Orange); Snack: 11.30pm (Banana).

Loved doing the small meals. It's a totally different mentality. Normally I'm seeking that stuffed feeling, cos I'm worried I'll get hungry again before next meal time. It felt so liberating to know that I could snack whenever I wanted, and that I didn't have to stuff all my food into one sitting. It made me want to eat til I was satisfied, and not a bite more. It made me realise how stressful I find it to eat huge portions. Weird, considering I'm a binger.

And at the end of the day:
                      I'm excited about the small meals, but I'm aware that there are difficulties with it (inconvenience) and also that it's liberating effect might just be the elixir of a new approach. The first day of doing something is often roses. I remember my first low carb day... Thought I had stumbled upon the second secret of Fatima... HA!

William Adolphe Bouguereau "Vierge Consolatrice".jpg
                      (In honour of Fatima {and all the Bible threads}).
                      Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013, 03:01 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                        Thought I had stumbled upon the second secret of Fatima... HA!
                        I had to Google that one, being the product of a lapsed Catholic. Although, I'm very familiar with the Holy Stone of Clonrichert
                        Last edited by badgergirl; 04-04-2013, 04:37 PM. Reason: that would be an ecumenical matter
                        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          I had to Google that one, being the product of a lapsed Catholic. Although, I'm very familiar with the Holy Stone of Clonrichert
                          You made me realise I actually had no idea what the second secret was...

- Ray Peat

Comment

• ei gurl I'll compliment you all day long you're hot

also, it could be worse, I still get carded for cigs in my mid 20s ;_; no man wants to be carded for cigarettes in their mid 20s...
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              ei gurl I'll compliment you all day long you're hot

also, it could be worse, I still get carded for cigs in my mid 20s ;_; no man wants to be carded for cigarettes in their mid 20s...
                              Awww... Thanks Derp

Today's Rumi quote:

"If light is in your heart, you will find your way home."

and this one... more age appropriate :

"Apart from Love, everything passes away.
                              The way to heaven is in your heart."
                              Last edited by YogaBare; 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• E.M.T.W.L

Entry Twenty One: Eating like Prey

Sleep:
                                1am - 7am.
                                Went to bed last night thinking of breakfast. That's not a good sign for me - it usually means I'm depriving myself. I only ate 2k cals yest...

"only ate 2k cals yest"? That's one thing I never thought I'd say

Digestion
                                Good.

Skin
                                Better, but seeing the hint of dermatitis on my knuckles. To rectify it, I ate a tablespoon of coconut oil... from a SPOON! Ha. The high carbers are probably freaking at that, but I actually love the taste! And it makes a big difference to my skin.

Food
                                Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 00.09.52.jpg

Breakfast: 7am
                                Snack (berries and coconut milk): 11.15am
                                Snack (banana): 12pm
                                Lunch (broth): 2pm
                                Snack (Orange): 4.30pm
                                Snack (cucumber): 5.30pm
                                Dinner: 7pm
                                Snack: 9.30pm

Second day of grazing. So far, I love it. It's so nice to snack and not feel guilty; to eat and not feel like I've got to stuff myself to get me through to my next eating window.

I think I'm getting a lot more sensitive to the rhythms of my body. The last two days I've been very satisfied with small portions of food; then tonight I ate a lot. I made an amazing (if I do say so myself!) Thai yellow curry with prawns, and I ate a huuuge portion of it. I'm starting to understand that my body wants different things at different times. Tonight it needed a huge meal, but tomorrow it won't (or it might!).

And at the end of the day:
                                On average I think my calories are dropping. I actually stepped on the scale today and I'm down a kilo (2.2 lbs) since last week.

I've also been exercising more and more each day, and over the last few days I feel a buoyancy in my body that I haven't felt for ages. Usually when I'm in good shape I'm constantly bending, kicking, stretching. Without being too hippie about it, I really experience my body. I've been doing that over the last few days, but I havent felt that kind of freedom in my body since last July, when I started to relapse. I thought it was cos' I had put on fat, but now I'm thinking that it's something else. Stress? Inflammation? Who knows...

Actually, I feel remarkably unstressed at the moment. It's the regular sleep, the regular eating, being at home... but mostly I think it's the journalling. I've never talked about this issue at length before, and I think putting it into words, riding through this experiment, and most especially getting support from so many amazing people is helping me so much.

I'm actually a bit scared about going back to London on Tuesday. While I do feel relaxed, I also feel pathetically fragile. I started crying talking to a friend yesterday, for no reason at all, and I'm pretty firey. I can fly off the handle quite easily, and then I hate myself for it. It's safe here. Safe and isolated. That's not really life though, is it?

Sometimes you live by healing, but sometimes you heal by living.
                                maori-tattoo-designs-for girls.jpg
                                Prey.
                                Last edited by YogaBare; 04-13-2013, 03:01 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X