Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    Come on! ALL word tattoos?

hahaha I love fail tattoos. They make me cringe and laugh. I think text can be used effectively as part of an image, but alone, tends to look odd. Written English (and basically all other "Western" languages) just doesn't work without a line and there's no place on the body that's straight enough for it to not look like a stamp of some kind. I used to really want some Everclear lyrics tattooed on me, and I like the idea of making lyrics part of an image, but nothing is really concrete to me at this point.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I agree - word tats make me cringe. There are some hilarious ones out there though... think the best one I saw said MAM, DAD, with both words forming a cross using the same "A". :roll eyes:

A few more prize choices:

And I think I'm going to make this guy my new avatar...

Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013, 10:55 AM.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• That sleeve is awesome, Z-bear! I've been ruminating for years on what i'd have done if I were to ever go through witha tat... but each year I think back on what I thought I wanted the previous year and realized it no longer held importance to me. My plan is: if I still want something after 2 years, I'm going to get it.
        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
          My sister should definitely be on that show, though, because she has at least 14 tats, and I don't even like one of them. It's horrible, too, because one of those tats are of my name! I think she was expecting me to get her name tatted on me as well, but I'm really just not down for that. 1 is enough for me (right now!)
          Literally LOLed

Seriously though, the last picture cracks me up... the look on his face! And the word he choose... And the fact that it's misspelled! Where do these people come from?
          Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
            That sleeve is awesome, Z-bear! I've been ruminating for years on what i'd have done if I were to ever go through witha tat... but each year I think back on what I thought I wanted the previous year and realized it no longer held importance to me. My plan is: if I still want something after 2 years, I'm going to get it.
            That's what I did and unfortunately, my first tattoo was still a mistake =P. I was a walk-in and the guy just did it. The second one was me bringing ideas and pictures (of birds) to an artist and having them draw it up for me. I think it's a good plan though, but it's important to either have a really good artistic vision/ability, or find a good artist who will be able to translate an idea to images that fit well on your body. I'm glad I never got the other teenage tattoo ideas I had (small bat/demon wings, a little heart near my hip bone, a sunflower on my shoulder though I still want a sunflower somewhere).
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm really on a roll with these:

- Ray Peat

Comment

Seriously though, the last picture cracks me up... the look on his face! And the word he choose... And the fact that it's misspelled! Where do these people come from?
                I couldn't read it for a minute!

http://critink.tumblr.com/ This blog isn't active now, but if you go back, she critiques bad tattoos and it's awesome.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Nice, Zach.

Haha! I like the "Insert Coins in Slot" one. I think I'd like to get a tattoo someday. A triquetta, maybe, or some other Celtic knot. Outer thigh, where it would show when wearing short shorts/skirts but not work clothes.

Seriously though, if I ever got one with words and the person misspelled something, i think I would kill them.

Hey, YB, what kind do you have?

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    I couldn't read it for a minute!

http://critink.tumblr.com/ This blog isn't active now, but if you go back, she critiques bad tattoos and it's awesome.
                    I made it my avatar, but I'm probably the only one who'll get the joke

I looked at the "good tattoos" section of that site - some really nice ones! I think if you want a sunflower, you could get a really nice one, done artistically.

Originally posted by diene View Post
                    Hey, YB, what kind do you have?
                    It's on my hip - an Indian henna design. It was nice and intricate when I first got it done (age 18), but years of losing and gaining weight has made it all bleed so it's pretty substandard now. DOnt care though - it's not visible.

Want to get one on my inner arm. Been meaning to for aaaages.
                    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Literally LOLed

I find the look the funniest thing in that picture. And that might well be someone from my town. I kid you not. That's what I get for living close to the sticks.
                      And lookit her. She's done changed her avatar.

Comment

• Now you're like Derp--with an opposite-sex avatar.

My journal

Comment

• God isn't the only one "juging" that guy right now.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          That's what I did and unfortunately, my first tattoo was still a mistake =P. I was a walk-in and the guy just did it. The second one was me bringing ideas and pictures (of birds) to an artist and having them draw it up for me. I think it's a good plan though, but it's important to either have a really good artistic vision/ability, or find a good artist who will be able to translate an idea to images that fit well on your body. I'm glad I never got the other teenage tattoo ideas I had (small bat/demon wings, a little heart near my hip bone, a sunflower on my shoulder though I still want a sunflower somewhere).
                          I would like to get a friend to design a tattoo for me. I have a couple who are incredibly talented and that would make it more special to me. I myself have no artistic ability whatsoever.

Yes, love the avatar, Yoyo.
                          Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Want to get one on my inner arm. Been meaning to for aaaages.
                            This is going to vary from person to person, but the very small amount that went on my inner arm (edges of leaves) hurt soooo much more than all the rest! I think muscled areas hurt less than fleshy.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                              an opposite-sex avatar.
                              All part of my master plan. Take that, imaginary stalkers!

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              This is going to vary from person to person, but the very small amount that went on my inner arm (edges of leaves) hurt soooo much more than all the rest! I think muscled areas hurt less than fleshy.
                              The one I already have is on my hip, and it didnt hurt... but it was a pretty simple, quick design. Yours has shading and stuff, so I imagine that would be agony on flesh!
                              Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013, 11:30 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
                                Apparently, the people with misspelled tattoos come from my family! Ha! My sis has got a tattoo with some kind of Alice in Wonderland, psychedelic mushroom stuff on her upper arm, and it says "CARPE DIAM" in box letters on the bottom.
                                <Sigh>. People always make their tattoos MEANINGFUL. I'm going to get one of a chicken nugget.

Speaking of which -

FOOD
                                So, today I ate bread! And, I say this every time I eat it, but I definitely hate the stuff. As soon as I had it my chest felt tight, I got really hot, and my heart started racing. I crashed this evening, and then tonight I had that "bingey" feeling.

Also, I think I'm losing weight on this high fruit diet! My measurements are back to where they were before I went on holidays, though weirdly my weight it still higher than ever.

SUPPS
                                My Ray Peat Progesterone cream arrived today. It says it's cool to use it directly on wrinkled / sun damaged skin, so I used it under my eyes...! We'll see what happens.

Other than that, still using the vitex and the Duphaston. Have a full blown period though, which isn't supposed to happen. Tomorrow is my last day on this course of treatment, so we'll see what happens...

LOVE LIFE
                                In other news, the Yoga guy from a few weeks ago has been texting me. However, whenever I reply to him, he doesn't write back til the next day! I don't take that as a great sign...?

I'm also going on a date with a really fit cyclist on Friday. We're just going to hang out in the park. He's just out of a relationship so he isn't looking for anything, which is fine with me. I just need to get back into the dating game... I think I'm turning frigid!

Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X