This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
    Thats really great, yo! So interesting how a small shift in hormones can have such a profound effect. I know its still early but any changes with bloating, face flushing, temperature, etc?
    Thanks Zach No changes in bloating, or face flushing. I think my temperature might be marginally better (feet don't seem as cold). Tbh, I've kind of given up on the bloating, and temperature. It will sort itself out at some stage. And regarding the facial flushing, I'm half tempted to but this: Sweat Miracle(TM) - Cure Excessive Sweating | Hyperhidrosis Holistically

Only $38! LOL.

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
    Life is a huge Mega Grand Buffet! So many dishes to taste and try out, and so easy to go overboard, binge eat and be punished for our bottomless appetite afterwards...
    I want to do a cabaret with the candle sticks!

Originally posted by ombat View Post
    So so so happy to hear that you're feeling so great, finally!

And for once we aren't experiencing the exact same things - I saw the word "gouda" and suddenly felt nauseous. hehe
    Thank you We'll see how long it lasts...

I haven't allowed myself to eat cheese in about 4 years... I cut it when I went vegan and never went back! prior to that it was one of my favourite foods. I'm even thinking of allowing myself some homemade brown bread every once in a while...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I think the dosages those mice were given in that study were quite high. I mean, 50, 100, and 200 mg/kg! The Solaray Fengureek Extract contains 350 mg per capsule so three times a day of that is 1050 mg, only about a third of the lowest dose (well, that depends on your body weight--for me it would be about a third).

Maybe I'll give it another shot after I get some of my other issues sorted out (thyroid and weightloss). I have seriously considered getting breast implants--I'm so desperate to have bigger boobs. You can get breast augmentation surgery in South Korea for just $4k. Obviously, there are also plane ticket and hotel costs. But very doable if one has steady employment. I had been thinking that once I move back to CA, settle down, and find a job, I'd start saving up for the surgery. Obviously, it would be better if I could do it without surgery. I don't even need them to be that much bigger.

By the way, YB, glad that the Duphaston is working for you! I need something to improve my outlook too. Crazy how much hormones can affect your attitude! Better living through chemistry.

My journal

Comment

• I have to say, it's a little tempting, but most of the info I read online said that the gain didn't last. I would rather come to terms with my body as is. I like my boobs, even if they are smaller than average. That isn't going to stop me from getting more tattoos though
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Diene, I think implants lose their appeal when you're surrounded by them. When I was in Las Vegas, every other woman had them, and after a while they just look like implants, not breasts.

Those studies kind of confused me. The first one said that Fenugreek might be anti oestrogen!

Paleomom did say that her gain lasted so... *shrug*. Dunno, I might try it down the line. My breast size doesn't bother me though - it would just be nice to be proportionate.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          That isn't going to stop me from getting more tattoos though
          I've been meaning to get another tat for the longest time now!!! Procrastination station. What do you have in mind NW?
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I've got a shitty little first tattoo on my chest that is going to get covered up someday (when I have the funds...), but I have what is basically a half-sleeve of an owl & eagle on my right upper-arm. It's kind of a family history/heritage thing, in homage to my dad's parents. My grandmother is not keen on tattoos, but accepts them, and she loved the sentiment.

I'm thinking about getting Baba Yaga's house on chicken legs on the open space on the other side of my arm. That lore has always fascinated me (along with all other fairy tales) and I just think it would be a really cool image. I am planning to get my cat tattooed on my foot whenever I can spare the money (because deep down inside, I am an old cat lady).
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I love the bird sleeve!

Comment

I love the bird sleeve!
                I second that!

What's the one on your boob NW? Is it a.... cow?!

Zach, I can't picture it now, but I remember that you have an amazing sleeve too! Kind of Thai-style?

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Thanks. Haha, no, it says "hope" in some stupid gothic-type font. It was so poorly done and then I let it get faded and then I let my future brother-in-law touch it up and it looked better, but he did a pretty sloppy job. It's just a stupid tattoo and there's no saving it. I'm very against straight-up word tattoos now
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Its s tropical/ocean sleeve. Just let the guy freehand it since hes a pretty well known tattoo guy in FL. Cant find any pics showing it inked in that dont have my kid in the picture, heres the outline, and heres me getting it inked in.

rIgHAev.jpg

VwRfnL4.jpg

Comment

• Come on! ALL word tattoos?

- Ray Peat

Comment

Its s tropical/ocean sleeve. Just let the guy freehand it since hes a pretty well known tattoo guy in FL. Cant find any pics showing it inked in that dont have my kid in the picture, heres the outline, and heres me getting it inked in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12238[/ATTACH]
                        Aww, look how young you are there!

Love the tat! The guy has a cool cartoony style. Is the sun a different one..?

- Ray Peat

Comment

• That was right when i was going hard to the paint on paleo! So young, so naive. Yea, sun was when i was 16!

Comment

• Nice work, Zach. Love the composition.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              Come on! ALL word tattoos?

hahaha I love fail tattoos. They make me cringe and laugh. I think text can be used effectively as part of an image, but alone, tends to look odd. Written English (and basically all other "Western" languages) just doesn't work without a line and there's no place on the body that's straight enough for it to not look like a stamp of some kind. I used to really want some Everclear lyrics tattooed on me, and I like the idea of making lyrics part of an image, but nothing is really concrete to me at this point.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I agree - word tats make me cringe. There are some hilarious ones out there though... think the best one I saw said MAM, DAD, with both words forming a cross using the same "A". :roll eyes:

A few more prize choices:

And I think I'm going to make this guy my new avatar...

Last edited by YogaBare; 07-03-2013, 10:55 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X