Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey YB--I'm not sure if you've explained this before, but what do you mean by crashing? What does it feel like? Just suddenly really tired?

    My journal

    Comment


    • Originally posted by serenity View Post
      Hey YB--I'm not sure if you've explained this before, but what do you mean by crashing? What does it feel like? Just suddenly really tired?
      Hola chica Yeah, it's basically suddenly feeling really exhausted and fatigued - to the point where I can't really do anything except lie down.

      The pattern of my energy seems to be that I go up and down: I have a period where I'm really active, then I crash and am totally debilitated for a number of days. One time I slept for 48 hours...

      DO you get fatigued too?

      I have to say though, the crashes have gotten A LOT better since I stopped binging. I had a bad one about two weeks ago which lasted 2-3 days (one day in bed, one day limping around my house, one day starting to feel normal again), and I do still get tired a lot, but this is definitely an improvement on before.

      Oh, on a completely unrelated topic, I bought these yesterday and thought of my MDA friends from Cali

      Last edited by YogaBare; 05-15-2013, 07:19 AM.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

      In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

      - Ray Peat

      Comment


      • Hi YB, I've been reading your journal and seems like things are getting better with you and your family these days. YaY!! Just stopped by to say hi. Feels a little rude to just read.

        I love prunes. Just gotta be careful with those, though Might give you the runs.

        Comment


        • Great about the digestion and water retention. I did a bit of a O_O when I saw prunes, though. Those things rip my stomach apart. But boy are they tasty....
          Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            Hola chica Yeah, it's basically suddenly feeling really exhausted and fatigued - to the point where I can't really do anything except lie down.

            The pattern of my energy seems to be that I go up and down: I have a period where I'm really active, then I crash and am totally debilitated for a number of days. One time I slept for 48 hours...

            DO you get fatigued too?

            I have to say though, the crashes have gotten A LOT better since I stopped binging. I had a bad one about two weeks ago which lasted 2-3 days (one day in bed, one day limping around my house, one day starting to feel normal again), and I do still get tired a lot, but this is definitely an improvement on before.

            Oh, on a completely unrelated topic, I bought these yesterday and thought of my MDA friends from Cali
            Yeah, I get less extreme versions of energy crashes. They usually take place in the afternoon. In fact, I'm having one right now. I don't have to lie down (thankfully, because I wouldn't be able to), but I would like to. Just feel like going to bed. The thing is, it goes away by evening. And it's not correlated with eating so it's not the normal post-lunch slump. Not sure what causes it, and coffee doesn't seem to help. I also don't like to drink coffee in the afternoon because it can make it hard for me to fall asleep when I want to, which is usually around 9 pm (which is too early for my circadian rhythm, and coffee in the afternoon makes it worse).

            As for prunes, man they are good. But one time I ate an entire bag and felt super bloated and uncomfortable for the rest of the day. Hmmm, I think I may get some prune juice tomorrow--you've inspired me!

            My journal

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Graycat View Post
              Hi YB, I've been reading your journal and seems like things are getting better with you and your family these days. YaY!! Just stopped by to say hi. Feels a little rude to just read.

              I love prunes. Just gotta be careful with those, though Might give you the runs.
              Aw, thanks Graycat Glad to know you've been checking in. I appreciate the well wishes.

              Ha, never had that problem with prunes actually!

              Originally posted by ombat View Post
              Great about the digestion and water retention. I did a bit of a O_O when I saw prunes, though. Those things rip my stomach apart. But boy are they tasty....
              Weird - fruit never gives me the runs! The main things that rip my stomach up are tinned spinach and quinoa. Random, I know.

              Originally posted by serenity View Post
              Yeah, I get less extreme versions of energy crashes. They usually take place in the afternoon. In fact, I'm having one right now. I don't have to lie down (thankfully, because I wouldn't be able to), but I would like to. Just feel like going to bed. The thing is, it goes away by evening. And it's not correlated with eating so it's not the normal post-lunch slump. Not sure what causes it, and coffee doesn't seem to help. I also don't like to drink coffee in the afternoon because it can make it hard for me to fall asleep when I want to, which is usually around 9 pm (which is too early for my circadian rhythm, and coffee in the afternoon makes it worse).
              Thing about energy is that there are so many factors... even the temperature and the air pressure can affect it! Do you have low blood pressure, by any chance?
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

              In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

              - Ray Peat

              Comment


              • FTF
                Entry Fifteen


                My cycle started today. After all the drama, it was actually 26 days this month! I was sure I was about to get it when I was in Poland - even the gynae said I was, but then it didn't come. Wonder if it was the stress.

                Sleep:
                1.30am - 5.30am: 4 hours. Woke up starving. Had food, went back to sleep at 6.30 til 9. Total: 6.5 hours. Felt good on waking.

                Food / Hunger / Cravings:
                Was hungry for breakfast, lunch, and a snack, but not so much dinner.

                5.30am - Breakfast: Leftover minced liver and beef bolangaise (large portion!) with shredded courgette.
                1.00pm - Lunch: canned wild salmon, 3 or 4 potatoes, olive oil.
                3.30pm - banana
                6.00pm - Dinner: bone broth, two carrots, half a bell pepper.
                7.30 - pint of Guinness
                12am - bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

                Fluids:
                1.33 litres coconut water, 3 coffees, 3 pep teas w/ milk and sugar, 1 litre water.

                Cravings: none, but I impulsively bought a packet of toffee in the shop.! I've had urges for it quite a few times recently, which is weird, cos' it's not a food I ever ate. I have an awesome recipe for homemade toffee though... maybe I'll treat myself

                Supps:
                Forgot to take AGAIN.

                Energy and mood:
                Felt good for most of the day: felt a bit tired by 3.30, but went for my walk, did my workout and felt good afterwards.. til I had the bone broth!! Made me so sleepy. Went out to meet a friend and was a bit tired in the pub.

                Body:
                Water retention: Bleuuuuuurgh
                Sinus: I should just discontinue this... my sinuses are always runny! It's an annoyance rather than a problem, but it'd be nice to get rid of post nasal drip. I guess no one knows how to cure it.
                Skin: dry....
                Rosacea: Red after exercise (normal)
                Lips: better
                Digestion: Extremely healthy.
                Temperature: ?
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                - Ray Peat

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CiKi90
                  Regarding your sinuses: Have you ever eaten raw, locally harvested honey? You should try it in your tea instead of sugar some time. Just make sure it's raw and local, that's the important part. It can be a bit expensive, but it really may cure your sinuses permanently. It definitely helped out my SO!

                  Also, if you always forget to take your supplements, have you ever tried to put a reminder on your phone so that you'll do it? I have an alarm on my phone letting me know that it's time to take my birth control, so I'll never forget =)
                  Lol, I just read this message and you reminded me that I was forgetting to take my sups AGAIN today!! Just took them now Do you know if aspirin aids the absorption of sups?

                  And thanks for the tip about raw honey - I've actually only eaten it once! I eat manuka though, and it doesn't help anything... Should it have a similar effect?
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                  In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                  - Ray Peat

                  Comment


                  • In the spring I always take raw local honey with pollen in it. It helps quite a bit with the seasonal allergies.
                    PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                      Do you have low blood pressure, by any chance?
                      Nope, my blood pressure is normal.

                      As for your sinuses, is it a seasonal allergy thing, or are they always runny? Some people who have sinus issues find that it's really caused by a dairy allergy. When they eliminate dairy for a while, their sinuses clear up. I have this thing that causes me to want to clear my throat periodically during the day. I sort of suspect that it's a casein allergy. I've successfully stayed away from dairy for two weeks, but it didn't do anything. It's likely that 2 weeks just wasn't long enough, but I have a hard time eliminating dairy for some reason.

                      My journal

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by serenity View Post
                        Nope, my blood pressure is normal.

                        As for your sinuses, is it a seasonal allergy thing, or are they always runny? Some people who have sinus issues find that it's really caused by a dairy allergy. When they eliminate dairy for a while, their sinuses clear up. I have this thing that causes me to want to clear my throat periodically during the day. I sort of suspect that it's a casein allergy. I've successfully stayed away from dairy for two weeks, but it didn't do anything. It's likely that 2 weeks just wasn't long enough, but I have a hard time eliminating dairy for some reason.
                        I think 3 weeks is the min. for eliminating dairy, 12 for wheat.
                        PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by serenity View Post
                          As for your sinuses, is it a seasonal allergy thing, or are they always runny? Some people who have sinus issues find that it's really caused by a dairy allergy. When they eliminate dairy for a while, their sinuses clear up. I have this thing that causes me to want to clear my throat periodically during the day. I sort of suspect that it's a casein allergy. I've successfully stayed away from dairy for two weeks, but it didn't do anything. It's likely that 2 weeks just wasn't long enough, but I have a hard time eliminating dairy for some reason.
                          Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
                          I think 3 weeks is the min. for eliminating dairy, 12 for wheat.
                          Thanks for the suggestion! But nope, I was vegan for nearly a year and still had the runny nose. It's post nasal drop - I don't think it's caused by dairy, and I have my doubts that it's even an allergy. In chinese medicine they say it's caused by having cold lungs (or something).

                          It's not seasonal - I mostly get it as a reaction to the air outside being a colder temperature, but some foods trigger it as well. Oranges, strangely, being one!
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                          In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                          - Ray Peat

                          Comment


                          • FTF
                            Entry Sixteen


                            Sleep:
                            12.15am - 5.30am: 4 hours, 15 mins. Haven't slept well for the last four nights... been out a lot, going to bed too late, and not eating enough in the evenings. Also been having night sweats.

                            Had a big meal tonight, and am staying in so should be fine.

                            Food / Hunger / Cravings:
                            Had a good appetite. Overate in the evening, but don't mind at all - I've been eaten really moderately lately. Feels good to feel full!

                            5.50am - Breakfast: 1.5 bananas, 3 fried eggs.
                            1.00pm - Lunch: canned wild salmon, 2 potatoes, lamb bone broth.
                            5.30pm - Snack: 3 Oranges
                            7.00pm - Dinner: A few bowls of Thai green curry with fish, aubergine and gelatine. 1 large potato.
                            Will probably have a bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

                            Fluids: 1.5 litres coconut water, 3 coffees, 2 pep teas w/ milk and sugar, 1/2 litre water.

                            Cravings: None! Haven't had any since my trip to Poland. Pretty unusual for me.

                            Supps:
                            Mg-B6 complex x2, Zinc x 2, Vit D x 2, Aspirin x 2.

                            Energy and mood:
                            Did a great workout but felt tired before and about two hour after felt tired again. Prob just didn't get enough sleep.

                            Body:
                            Water retention: A little less bloated that yesterday, but still bad. Peed a lot today.
                            Sinus: Usual.
                            Skin: dry....
                            Rosacea: None.
                            Lips: Peeled.
                            Digestion: Healthy.
                            Temperature: Suddenly got really cold after finishing exercising earlier. Put on two jumpers, a blanket, a head band and a hat (it's May, I know...) before I started to warm up. Took temp: 36.6C.

                            Stress:
                            Had a bit of a freak out this morning cos' I woke up with two new wrinkles People: you literally get them overnight! I really need to get over this ageing thing. I'm just scared that if I keep going at this rate I'm going to look like a hag by the time I'm 35. But then again, I have to remember that I'm a bit insane when it comes to appearance. I'm sure I look fine.

                            Anyway, having new wrinkles, coupled with not being able to find my measuring tape, or my house keys, or my copper peptides (which I still haven't used) totally gave me a bit of a wobble. But then I went to the park, had an amazing work out, and felt great for the rest of the day I'm managing to exercise a lot more efficiently recently.

                            Questions for the audience:
                            I won't be able to exercise tomorrow cos' I'm teaching (not yoga) all day and then I'm going out. I ate a lot today (which is fine), but I'm thinking I might fast a little bit tomorrow. Like, just have fruit for breakfast and lunch, and then have dinner.

                            I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I need to be vigilant that I'm not ring to start starving myself again. Do you think it would be okay to do this? To be fair, I ate lightly on SUnday and Monday (mostly fruit, one light meal), then just ate normally for the rest of the week, and a lot today. So I know I managed it then...

                            I also wonder if part of where I always used to fall down was that I used to fast on my exercise days, and then gorge on my days off? Others said it was supposed to be the reverse, but that wasn't my rhythm. Now I think it might be (ie. worked out today, ate a lot: won't work out tomorrow, feels right to eat light).

                            Hmm.
                            Last edited by YogaBare; 05-16-2013, 02:23 PM.
                            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                            In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                            - Ray Peat

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              FTF
                              Entry Sixteen


                              Sleep:
                              12.15am - 5.30am: 4 hours, 15 mins. Haven't slept well for the last four nights... been out a lot, going to bed too late, and not eating enough in the evenings. Also been having night sweats.

                              Had a big meal tonight, and am staying in so should be fine.

                              Food / Hunger / Cravings:
                              Had a good appetite. Overate in the evening, but don't mind at all - I've been eaten really moderately lately. Feels good to feel full!

                              5.50am - Breakfast: 1.5 bananas, 3 fried eggs.
                              1.00pm - Lunch: canned wild salmon, 2 potatoes, lamb bone broth.
                              5.30pm - Snack: 3 Oranges
                              7.00pm - Dinner: A few bowls of Thai green curry with fish, aubergine and gelatine. 1 large potato.
                              Will probably have a bedtime bevvie: pep tea w/lf milk, sugar and gelatine.

                              Fluids: 1.5 litres coconut water, 3 coffees, 2 pep teas w/ milk and sugar, 1/2 litre water.

                              Cravings: None! Haven't had any since my trip to Poland. Pretty unusual for me.

                              Supps:
                              Mg-B6 complex x2, Zinc x 2, Vit D x 2, Aspirin x 2.

                              Energy and mood:
                              Did a great workout but felt tired before and about two hour after felt tired again. Prob just didn't get enough sleep.

                              Body:
                              Water retention: A little less bloated that yesterday, but still bad. Peed a lot today.
                              Sinus: Usual.
                              Skin: dry....
                              Rosacea: None.
                              Lips: Peeled.
                              Digestion: Healthy.
                              Temperature: Suddenly got really cold after finishing exercising earlier. Put on two jumpers, a blanket, a head band and a hat (it's May, I know...) before I started to warm up. Took temp: 36.6C.

                              Stress:
                              Had a bit of a freak out this morning cos' I woke up with two new wrinkles People: you literally get them overnight! I really need to get over this ageing thing. I'm just scared that if I keep going at this rate I'm going to look like a hag by the time I'm 35. But then again, I have to remember that I'm a bit insane when it comes to appearance. I'm sure I look fine.

                              Anyway, having new wrinkles, coupled with not being able to find my measuring tape, or my house keys, or my copper peptides (which I still haven't used) totally gave me a bit of a wobble. But then I went to the park, had an amazing work out, and felt great for the rest of the day I'm managing to exercise a lot more efficiently recently.

                              Questions for the audience:
                              I won't be able to exercise tomorrow cos' I'm teaching (not yoga) all day and then I'm going out. I ate a lot today (which is fine), but I'm thinking I might fast a little bit tomorrow. Like, just have fruit for breakfast and lunch, and then have dinner.

                              I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I need to be vigilant that I'm not ring to start starving myself again. Do you think it would be okay to do this? To be fair, I ate lightly on SUnday and Monday (mostly fruit, one light meal), then just ate normally for the rest of the week, and a lot today. So I know I managed it then...

                              I also wonder if part of where I always used to fall down was that I used to fast on my exercise days, and then gorge on my days off? Others said it was supposed to be the reverse, but that wasn't my rhythm. Now I think it might be (ie. worked out today, ate a lot: won't work out tomorrow, feels right to eat light).

                              Hmm.
                              No, I don't think it's okay to fast tomorrow

                              I hear you justifying it as a great idea, and you're asking so you have doubts. At this stage, after doing so fabulously well, doubt is something you could do without. Fasting is a restricting mindset and it's not a good thing. Well.... you did ask!

                              Comment


                              • Re: fasting, I would never plan a fast. If it happens naturally, fine. If not, I would not forgo giving your body nutrients if it's asking for it. See how you feel tomorrow. If you ate more than you needed today then you might not feel hungry tomorrow. But if you are hungry, I would not force it. Absolutely not.

                                Re: wrinkles. It could be stress or lack of sleep. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
                                Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X