No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried going to Canada and several countries in Europe. They all seem to need this: "But for a company to give you a job they need to prove that no one else in the country can do it (or something ridiculous like that)." SO frustrating!

I second Rolfing. It did wonderful and very long lasting things for me. I feel like every 10 years I could use a tune up, but the improvements really kept with me for a long time.
    PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      Shaggar (about to kill Tyrion): "How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Tywin?"
      Tyrion: "In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girls mouth around my cock?"

Wouldn't it be better to live life without regret? Easier said than done, of course.
      That doesn't sound half bad to me either.

Re: Sleep, I'm the same way - I wake up between 6:30-7:30 no matter the time I fall asleep (except randomly this week). I've had to learn this the hard way. It's okay, though; we rise with the sun and are obviously more productive human beings because of it...

Re: Visa, Some, uh, people I know, have done mildly illegal things to help people acquire a permanent Green Cards. I don't know about the visas though. I do know plenty of people who have had them and almost all have gotten the boot back to their country by now.
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
        I tried going to Canada and several countries in Europe. They all seem to need this: "But for a company to give you a job they need to prove that no one else in the country can do it (or something ridiculous like that)." SO frustrating!

I second Rolfing. It did wonderful and very long lasting things for me. I feel like every 10 years I could use a tune up, but the improvements really kept with me for a long time.
        PM, did you see the section in my last entry about stress? I kept thinking of you when I was watching it - I was going to email you the link! Think you would get a lot out of it.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Pretty sure Derp is looking for a cute Irish girl to marry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
            Pretty sure Derp is looking for a cute Irish girl to marry.
            He probably wouldn't have to marry me: knocking me up would probably suffice!

Derp, are you game?
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Derp, are you game?
              I can just imagine all the little, red-headed Derps running around now! Cute as the dickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
                I can just imagine all the little, red-headed Derps running around now! Cute as the dickens.
                All??! Jeeze louise, a mutant Derp-Yogabare - one would be enough!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• No! I want at least five YogaDerps! DerpaBares? Now get busy!

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
                    No! I want at least five YogaDerps! DerpaBares? Now get busy!
                    Only if you'll babysit. Permanently!!! (Mu-hu-ha-ha!)

I really don't have any interest in having kids.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• FTF
                      Entry Seven: That I've been dreaming of

Sleep:
                      12.30am - 6am: 5.5 hours. Weirdly, I turned on my phone at the exact same time as yesterday: 6.08am!

In psychology they say that if you have a nightmare you're supposed to see the nightmare through (ie. not force yourself to wake up) because then you're allowing your subconscious to process deep issues, but if you wake yourself you're not allowing it to do that. During my PTSD eight years ago I had horrific nightmares, every night for nearly a year. They lessened after that, but I kept on having them until last year. I was never able to stay asleep til the end.

Last night I had a nightmare. I stayed asleep until it ended. Facing my demons?

Temperature:
                      Waking temp was 36.5C: good! I'm finding a balance with the warmer clothing now: not as extreme as before.

Energy and mood:
                      Wasn't as motivated today as I have been. Tried to be conscious about being relaxed: I was successful enough. Energy was good though, til after dinner. I feel tired now.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
                      Woke up and didn't have breakfast for til 90 mins later: which is unusual for me. At 10ish I wanted food again, but it wasn't hunger, so I didn't eat anything. Wanting to eat at that time seems to be a pattern. I wonder if it's a blood sugar thing?

7am - Breakfast: Banana and berries in coconut milk, coffee.
                      10am - Hot water with lemon.
                      11.30am: 1 litre coconut water
                      2.30pm - Lunch: minced beef with minced lamb's liver in Bolognese sauce, two boiled potatoes, half a courgette (grated), nettle tea, small coffee with milk and one sugar.
                      4pm - Tea with LF milk and sugar.
                      6.00pm - Dinner: Same as lunch, but with mustard added.
                      6.30om - decaff tea with LF milk and sugar

Cravings: Iron again! And sugar.

Supps:
                      Milk thistle 20 drps x1
                      Vit D x 2
                      Mg x1
                      Chromium x 2

Seems like I'm on a supp buzz atm.

Body:
                      Was sore today.
                      Water retention: Very bloated again, and have been peeing a lot more.
                      Sinus - very runny nose today.
                      Skin - Hands dry again.
                      Rosacea: Got really red after my walk today. Took ages to get back to normal.
                      Lips - Fine today.
                      Keratosis pilaris: Bumpy.
                      Digestion - Okay (D-M, MM)

Fitness:
                      60 min walk, 20 min cycle, 10 mins playground (rebounder, tight rope, swings. It's exercise, okay? )

Walked the whole way across the tight rope tonight! Ive never done that before.

Stress:
                      Feel a bit more stressed today: mostly because I didn't really know what I was doing with myself. I finished up two projects this week and have no more paid work on the horizon. I have two other bit project that are of my own volition, so I should take the opportunity of no commitments to work on those, but it's hard not to get stressed about not having paid work on the horizon. I guess I have to remember that work always comes to me. Any time I chase it, it doesn't materialise.

Final thoughts:
                      I need to start making more plans. I drift through life a lot, and ironically it's quite stressful! So I'm going to plan my day tomorrow, and see how that works out.

On a positive note: I feel like I'm about to break a big pattern of mine at the moment: the pattern of not seeing things through / not completing things. Hard to put into words, but it feels like something within me is changing.

And, I don't know why I'm doing this, but I really would like to share something with you guys. I don't really sing any more, but today I really felt the desire, so I did a little recording. This was the first take, so my voice wasn't really warmed up, but I wasn't arsed doing it again. I haven't shared it with anyone else! My MDA family are the first Hope you listen / like.

First person to recognise the tune gets 100000 points!

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

PM, did you see the section in my last entry about stress? I kept thinking of you when I was watching it - I was going to email you the link! Think you would get a lot out of it.
                        I did see that. I have been thinking a lot about how I go about my day lately. I've been relooking at Dr. Lam's info on adrenal fatigue and realizing that I was just in a false state of feeling better but that healing underneath was still happening. That is when he says to be really careful because any stressor can send a person back down to an even lower low that they had before. I'm literally not sure I could survive that! So, I've been thinking about stress and noticing how I tend to do things very tensely. Gardening, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping - it doesn't matter how much of a non stress activity it should be, I find myself racing through it and tensing my body. This, shockingly, doesn't actually make the task get done faster, it only turns it from something that could be relaxing into something that is stressful and wears me out. I'm trying really hard to relax through out the day so that I'm not adding stress to every waking moment of my life when it doesn't have to be that way. Even since I had kids I feel like I'm in a mad panic to get things done as quickly as possible. All residual from the days of their babyhood when spare moments were few and I often had 10 minutes to get a days worth of work done.

Sorry I've been so quiet. I'm reading, but often don't have a clear enough head to formulate my thoughts into words. Overall I'm doing better though. I'm stopping exertion before I feel like I need to and religiously going to bed before 10pm. It is all really helping a lot I think I might have even lost a tiny bit of weight.

Comment

• Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us

My first daughter LOVED this song so much. When she was about a year old there was a commercial that used this song (I used to watch Food network all day while stuck in bed with fatigue and nursing 24/7) and whenever it was on her head would whip around and just look awestruck. We bought it on CD for her and she played it over and over and over. Autism at it's cutest

Comment

• Yogabare,
                            I appreciate you putting a link to your journal on my thread. I have read the entire thing and am quite fascinated at the outcome. As I read, I could hear my body saying yes! yes! yes! It is crazy the symptoms I have had. I haven't checked my temp yet, but I felt cold all the time, to the point that I wanted to move away because I just couldn't stand winter. I live in a fairly warm climate and our winters are pretty mild, but cold was just unbearable. I also never sweat when I exercise, although I am working very hard. I remember before I started dieting feeling hot all the time. Since my binging has gotten out of control and I have episodes 3-4x per week now and don't restrict or purge as much anymore, I have noticed that I am not as cold anymore. I, too, used to eat because I felt cold. I would also guzzle hot tea because I was freezing all the time, when others were warm.

I need to research more, but i did read the link you sent me from 180degreehealth. I related to a lot of it because there was a time about 10 years ago that I could eat whatever I wanted and I was the thinnest I had ever been. I never thought about food, and if I did notice that I was overeating for a day or 2, my appetite would naturally go down for a few days and I maintained my weight effortlessly. I desperately wish I could remember what I ate then, but I do recall eating deep fried chicken and biscuit for breakfast, but I have no idea what else I ate. Needless to say, that was before I cared what was healthy. Its crazy because food was of that little importance to me that I don't even remember what I ate. I can tell you pretty much everything I have eaten for 2+ years because it is journaled or whatever (except the binges). Whenever I ate whatever I wanted, I never gained weight until my second pregnancy when I started overeating for some reason. My ED developed after this when I forced off baby weight from vigorous diet and exercise. My binging started about a year ago and I have put 25+ lbs on my small frame. When I first started gaining, I remember weighing 127 lbs which was unacceptable, but considering I now weigh 147 from trying to lose those few pounds, I would give anything to have just been happy there. Funny prior to "healthy" eating, I easily maintained 115.

I am going to take the plunge and eat whatever food I want whenever I want, with exception of processed foods. I am hoping to stockpile some nutrients during this time. I do notice that I have fewer cravings when I am well fed. I am past the point of caring if I lose weight or not. Summer is here and I am not going to be in a bikini anyway, so who cares? I just want food to be food. Thank you for inspiring me.
                            Last edited by callison; 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Derp, are you game?
                              You want my superior seed? OK, sure.

You have a lovely singing voice, btw.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Only if you'll babysit. Permanently!!! (Mu-hu-ha-ha!)

I really don't have any interest in having kids.
                                Well that became serious rather abruptly. But yes, of course, little DerpaBare loves his (her?) Auntie Em!

How exactly do you know that you're craving iron?

And wow, thank you for sharing that! Your voice is so warm and inviting. You really should sing more.

Comment

Working...
                                X