This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moon7 View Post
    Thanks! It is a good idea to lower the fat with higher carbs.

And thanks to Yoga Bare for getting me started on adding more carbs and not being scared of binging!
    You're welcome Let me know how it works out for you, will you?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 12-22-2013, 05:45 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
      Happy B-Day! Mine was this week too
      Happy birthday to you too!!! Always nice to meet another Scorpio

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      Well I have a love story but we aren't together anymore. Would it still count?

YB- super happy for you and diene. I am just trying to keep my head above water in work right now! No time for personal life..
      Yes - please tell And dont be happy for me yet... I am only happy 50% of the time at the moment...

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      Hey YB. I am curious what supplements you are taking now. I know your current digestive stuff could be a whole myriad of things (hormonal, emotional, illness, whatever), but what you are intaking is always a good place to start .
      Thanks Tasha I take Vitamin D-K, and progesterone everyday, and some days I take Mg Citrate, B3 or Vitex.

Slept 10 hours last night...

Also have a strange pain in my right arm. Feels like nerve pain - it travels all down the length of the arm.

If I never post here again you can presume it was a heart attack
      Last edited by YogaBare; 11-14-2013, 04:44 PM.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I think heart attacks give pain in the left arm.

Is there any chance that when he withdraws he is somewhat testing to see if you will initiate something/ follow? I wonder if he may be feeling insecure and wondering if he feels stronger for you than you feel for him and wants to know if you care enough to chase him a bit and show that you need to spend time with him?

Sorry if that is way off, it is so hard to really tell without real life observations
        PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
          I don't know if men do this while they're deciding if they want to commit or not?

He just wrote me a super wishy-washy email (after not hearing from him for two days); not asking me to do anything at the weekend. Do I need to let him go? Not break up with him, but somehow let him know he's free to leave? Or should I be patient? Honestly, I can't handle much more of this withdrawing: it would be easier for me to let him go, because just being patient I feel like I'm awaiting sentencing...
          Mine withdraws when there's a lot on his mind, or if he's particularly stressed. I know it now, but for the first few times I would get seriously stressed out myself and think he was wanting to break up with me. Now it's just annoying but entirely predictable. I'd bring it up with him and flat out ask why he does this.

I'm patient because things are already well established, and for what is out of his control and mine. You're hurting yourself by holding back/waiting/not getting "closure" (sorry, lack of a better word atm) -- I would almost go with "letting him go" with your caveat. Show him he's free, but possibly also show you're not depending on him? For both him and you.

My mind became free when I stopped worrying about not being with him, and just enjoyed making MY life happy for myself. Different circumstances, but maybe you could make that fit yours.

Things that are worthwhile aren't always easy. (but sometimes they are ) As always, you just have to go with your gut to know which ones are worth your struggles.

Comment

• Yogabare, have you ever read men are from mars, women are from Venus? It has a lot of rather large generalisations but some of the ideas are interesting. There's a chapter in there on the need men have to withdraw. He describes it in terms of a rubber band theory - gets close then feels the need for alone time and independence then comes back even stronger and doesn't feel the need to explain because in his eyes it's all alright! You sound like you're on the right track with dealing with it.

Comment

• Hey guys, thank you so much for the responses!

I've decided to discontinue this journal. It's been an amazing tool on my journey to mental and physical health, but I want to cut the chord with my past now. I celebrated my 32nd birthday, and I'm ready for the next phase of my life. If I start another journal sometime, but it will have a different focus. I'm done spouting neurosis

Again, thank you so much to all the people who have showed up in my journal, and in my (virtual) life. You really dont know what it's meant to me, and without you all I'd probably still be binging, depressed, oestrogen dominant, and fucked-up about sex and men. Wow. That's a lot of stuff to overcome in one little journal.

So much love... seriously.

Thank you.
              xxxxxxx
              Last edited by YogaBare; 12-22-2013, 05:46 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• (((((((Hugs for the road)))))))

Thanks for all you've shared, I'll miss you
                PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• Good luck YB! (Glad you two talked it out!)

Comment

• Glad to have shared the trip with you. Safe travels.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
                      (((((((Hugs for the road)))))))

Thanks for all you've shared, I'll miss you
                      Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
                      Good luck YB! (Glad you two talked it out!)
                      Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      Glad to have shared the trip with you. Safe travels.
                      Thanks guys <3 xxx

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
                        Wishing you many more wonderful things with all of your future endeavors.
                        (((((((<3)))))))

Comment

Working...
                        X