No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a great story about the check. Self-fulfilling prophecy are really powerful when you truly believe! Fingers corssed you can find a good job, YB!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• I'm also sending positive vibes your way yoyo. You could come work with me. A lot of money ain't happening though, but we'd have a blast

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        I read a story about how Jim Carrey wrote himself a cheque for $10 million, before he was ever famous. He kept the cheque in his wallet for years, until it was falling apart, and still he kept it. When he eventually landed the role in "Dumb and Dumber" and received his pay cheque, guess how much it was for? Yup: $10 million.

Last week I wrote a cheque to myself for £50,000. This is what I'd like to see in my bank account by Oct 2014. Considering I am unemployed (with no prospects), it seems unrealistic but hey... realism is the most commonly trodden path to mediocrity!
        I have had something like the Jim Carrey thing happen. I said, repeatedly,even as a child that I knew I would have twins. My mother, a twin, would always respond with, "God would not do that to you. You have CP." My twins are 23.

Comment

• Thanks for the good vibes everyone! I truly believe that you create your own reality...

And, you'll never guess what? Today, things started to shift with the money-work thing! I got commissioned to do not one, but TWO well-paid projects! On top of that, a friend needs help on a project and asked me to take a part-time paid role on it. AND, I got another small job (two days)! Pretty incredible really... need to stay open, keep the faith and invite more prosperity!

This is a good book to read if anyone's interested in these ideas: http://www.amazon.co.uk/OPEN-YOUR-PR.../dp/0875165311

Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
          I'm the creative type as well, and i'd LOVE to have some kind of awesome Etsy-ish self-run business, but if only I could think what kind of thing I'd actually have the urge to market and make.
          Did you used to have a link to your work in your sig? If so, I remember chceking out your stuff (jewellery, right?) It was lovely!

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
          I'm also sending positive vibes your way yoyo. You could come work with me. A lot of money ain't happening though, but we'd have a blast
          Gray, I would loooove to come work with you! But then I would have to leave you and go to SF

Thinking of going to see these guys in a few weeks:

Hmm. On a second listen, I think I won't.
          Last edited by YogaBare; 10-23-2013, 01:49 PM.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Wow, It's awesome that you got all those projects! This journal really does make your dreams come true! <3

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• Sunday, 27th Oct.

I havent been posting much lately, and then Di lured me back with the sex thread

I'm really sorry that I havent been keeping up with your journals y'all... I've been preoccupied... with the psychosis that comes with falling in love I've been horribly love sick - cant focus on much. It's exhilarating, but also unpleasant a lot of the time... I dont remember falling in love to be like this?! But then I spoke to a friend last night and she told em that it's been the same for her every time it's happened. Kind of torturous. Seems like a paradox...

Anyway, I'm mainly making this entry because I want to share some amazing health news

Firstly, my cycle was 24 days again this month!!! In addition: my bleed was the most normal one Ive had in years! Duration, colour, heaviness etc. It all looks good! My energy was really stable for this phase of the cycle too - first time since going on progesterone

Secondly, I've lost more weight!!! For the last month (since my last bleed) I've been insanely bloated, constipated, gained weight etc. Presume it was all emotional. Today I measured my hips and I was shocked - 36"! The smallest they've been in a year. I stepped on the scale and I weighed in at 60.5kgs (133.4 lbs)!! My pre-Primal weight was 125 lbs, but I havent weighed this little since September 2012.

I'm sure teh weight will bump up again, but the point is that it's moving up and down at a consistent pace, and is getting lower! I'm so happy!!!

Lately I've been focusing on getting enough carbs: I eat 200gs of dates every day, plus drink a litre of OJ. I'm trying to keep protein less than 100gs, and fat seems to be below 25 most days. I input my data into My Fitness Pal yesterday, and I was at 2,300cals. Crazy.

I'm sleeping well (in spite of the emotional psychosis). Exercise has been: lifting x 2 days a week, swimming 1-2 days a week, cycling / walking for an hour or so 3 day a week. That's it!

Happy dance for Sunday. Love you guys!!!

xxxoxo

Originally posted by diene View Post
                Wow, It's awesome that you got all those projects! This journal really does make your dreams come true! <3
                Thanks Di!!! xx
                Last edited by YogaBare; 10-27-2013, 05:20 AM.
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I'm happy to hear about your worklife good news, lovesickness (the best, I love that misery), and most pertinent to me, your WEIGHTLOSS! Congrats. I'm in a bad funk right now- entirely of my own doing. My weight is definitely not moving down on the scale though I did have a caliper fat test and came in at 23% which some sources put in the "fit woman" category- that has quelled some of my psychosis regarding the matter (if you recall my bodyfat scale at home had me at 40% and I was pretty freaked out). Still want to lose some fat and instead of continuing on the peat path with calorie cutting I tried to do the potato hack which has been terrible for me psychologically for 2 days...and I've gained 3 lbs

Anyways thanks for the sugar reminder sugar. Sugar is the most satisfying thing for me to eat (frozen fruit slushes holla!) and I'm pretty mad at myself for thinking I could do a shortcut. No such thing.

Comment

• Hey, Yoyobare--glad to see you back! I guess we could be lovesick buddies, lol! Well, I'm not that lovesick yet, just a tad. I'm starting to feel like it's all going too fast though. :/

Congrats on the weightloss and the hormonal normalization!

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
                      I'm happy to hear about your worklife good news, lovesickness (the best, I love that misery), and most pertinent to me, your WEIGHTLOSS! Congrats. I'm in a bad funk right now- entirely of my own doing. My weight is definitely not moving down on the scale though I did have a caliper fat test and came in at 23% which some sources put in the "fit woman" category- that has quelled some of my psychosis regarding the matter (if you recall my bodyfat scale at home had me at 40% and I was pretty freaked out). Still want to lose some fat and instead of continuing on the peat path with calorie cutting I tried to do the potato hack which has been terrible for me psychologically for 2 days...and I've gained 3 lbs

Anyways thanks for the sugar reminder sugar. Sugar is the most satisfying thing for me to eat (frozen fruit slushes holla!) and I'm pretty mad at myself for thinking I could do a shortcut. No such thing.
                      Honestly Moluv - I feel your pain. My weight loss has been pretty slow, and very up and down, but it's moving in the right direction. Moar sugar based carbs is the secret I think - and keeping fat low, and protein moderate. Fat is self explanatory, but if my protein gets too high (above 100gs) my weight loss stalls. But the more carbs I eat, the faster I lose weight. Stick with Peat - ironically it's tempting to stray from it because it's too easy! I think we believe weight loss should be hard, but eating like this is a shinch and it brings results.

23% is great btw! You're already lean at that %. Going lower brings even-nicer adjectives: sculpted, leggy, pert etc. The only way is up! Just keep patient - it might take a while, but the weight will stay off this time. No more yo-yoing

Oh, and really: you love love sickness?! I was at a party earlier and I had to leave because I thought I was going to hurl... I could do without that

Originally posted by diene View Post
                      Hey, Yoyobare--glad to see you back! I guess we could be lovesick buddies, lol! Well, I'm not that lovesick yet, just a tad. I'm starting to feel like it's all going too fast though.

Congrats on the weightloss and the hormonal normalization!
                      Thanks Di I think I need to check your journal...!
                      Last edited by YogaBare; 10-27-2013, 11:24 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Relax and breathe it all in.......It sounds as if you are overwhelmed, but that's the nature of the beast.

I'm so happy to hear that things overall are going so well for you.

Comment

• Yay, YB!!! I'm thrilled for you! Love sick is a good sickness to have.

Also, very happy your flow is evening out and you are in a down trend with your weight. All fantastic! This is exactly what you had hoped for -- it's working!

I'm not doing so well hormonal-wise; still having horrible and dramatic episodes. Even though I've been taking the progest-e religiously (every day for almost a month!) it's clearly not enough on its own. I probably need prescription-strength intervention. What are you taking exactly?

Miss you around here. But I'd rather you be missing for the reasons you are!
                          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                            Relax and breathe it all in.......It sounds as if you are overwhelmed, but that's the nature of the beast.

I'm so happy to hear that things overall are going so well for you.
                            Thanks Gray xxx

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                            Yay, YB!!! I'm thrilled for you! Love sick is a good sickness to have.

Also, very happy your flow is evening out and you are in a down trend with your weight. All fantastic! This is exactly what you had hoped for -- it's working!

I'm not doing so well hormonal-wise; still having horrible and dramatic episodes. Even though I've been taking the progest-e religiously (every day for almost a month!) it's clearly not enough on its own. I probably need prescription-strength intervention. What are you taking exactly?

Miss you around here. But I'd rather you be missing for the reasons you are!
                            Aw thanks J3nn It's nice to be missed! I'm mostly posting less because I'm very happy with the Peat woe / feel I've cracked it, and dont want to learn much right now, or have much else to share. I'll keep popping back for interesting threads, and to keep uptodate with teh journals (btw, will reply to your fb message tomorrow morning! I'm about to go to bed now... it's 9pm here! The love sickness is exhausting me )

Re. progerestone - it takes a while. I've been extremely diligent with it for four months now, and before that I was taking Duphaston.

I also take the Vitex intermittently, and religiously take 10000 Vit D a day. I'm sure that's helping.

Apparently it takes six months for hormones to rebalance, so it would seem I'm on schedule. Keep going with teh Progerstone oil and I bet it will come How often are you taking it? I take two decent-sized drops twice a day. I also notice they absorb much better when I put them on my chest or under my arm pits. Gums - not so much.

xx

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I can't sleep again. Fucking love sickness... UGH. I hate love!!!

I'm so bored - talk to me, someone!!!
                              Last edited by YogaBare; 10-27-2013, 05:50 PM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Aw, that sucks! I haven't been able to sleep either. Being in love is like being on uppers--diminished appetite but unable to sleep either! Yesterday, I woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Wtf?! I managed to sleep till 6:30 this morning though...and that was like 7 hours for me. Still not much since I can normally sleep 10 hours easily.

Ah, I hope I can sleep till at least 6 am tomorrow.

Hope you got to sleep okay...lol! I think it's like the next day for you now...

My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X