This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly by hug!
    I, too, have made a great leap in moving beyond my past. Those break through moments are awesome, aren't they?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I had assumed things were going well and hence you weren't posting!!! Yay glad to know you are indeed doing very well.

see I told you with the right guy, it would happen.

Don't stop eating meat now ps. After all that debate about dangers of too much iron turns out because I take coffee/aspirin and have been eating cheese, even my insane amt of red meat intake equated to a 36 on the iron test and definitely under the 38 required to donate blood. I guess not low enough for me to worry about low iron but I am going to cut off dairy for good partially because this fact (I want to donate blood in the near future).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        Yes!! I've gotten my husband to wear his in a topknot. The sides and back don't fit in yet but oh, I can't wait till the do. He is a pretty old fashioned guy so I was really surprised he was into it. I love it and make a huge fuss every time he does it. Meow. Men. Yum.

Comment

• Yoga- so happy for you and YG. Falling in love....squeeeeee!

Lets talk about this meat eating. I am just hating it lately. I'm eating it because it might smell tasty, and I'm conditioned to think I need some- but I'm not sure if I do. A d I just don't feel as energetic after I eat it. I am getting almost all of my protein from dairy, eggs and gelatin right now (plus the little bits in fruits) and I think it's fine. I sort of see myself eating meat more at feast times- like holidays and parties, or when I am out and nothing looks better, but for my groceries and daily meals, I'm meatless at the moment. I almost gagged on a piece of bacon. Wtf?! How the tides have turned on my tastebuds.

Comment

• Thanks guys

Would anyone like to share a love story? I'd love to hear them.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            Fly by hug!
            I, too, have made a great leap in moving beyond my past. Those break through moments are awesome, aren't they?
            Amen to that! Thanks for stopping by Naia

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
            I had assumed things were going well and hence you weren't posting!!! Yay glad to know you are indeed doing very well.
            LOL - actually it was the complete opposite!!! I didnt want to subject the forum to my psychosis

After the fact I completely freaked out. Couldnt eat for two days and nearly broke up with him by text message. Luckily I called one of my best friends (who's met him) and she identified that I was reacting out of self defence, and there was no reason for it. Then me and YG met up yesterday and I realised I'd fallen in love.

I do think I'll be posting less for a while though - I have a lot to do, and also I'm jaded from the bickering.

Don't stop eating meat now ps. After all that debate about dangers of too much iron turns out because I take coffee/aspirin and have been eating cheese, even my insane amt of red meat intake equated to a 36 on the iron test and definitely under the 38 required to donate blood. I guess not low enough for me to worry about low iron but I am going to cut off dairy for good partially because this fact (I want to donate blood in the near future).
            Originally posted by moluv View Post
            Lets talk about this meat eating. I am just hating it lately. I'm eating it because it might smell tasty, and I'm conditioned to think I need some- but I'm not sure if I do. A d I just don't feel as energetic after I eat it. I am getting almost all of my protein from dairy, eggs and gelatin right now (plus the little bits in fruits) and I think it's fine. I sort of see myself eating meat more at feast times- like holidays and parties, or when I am out and nothing looks better, but for my groceries and daily meals, I'm meatless at the moment. I almost gagged on a piece of bacon. Wtf?! How the tides have turned on my tastebuds.
            I completely went off meat with the introduction of gelatine, and I'm eating it now out of obligation rather than desire. I also dont feel good after eating it - tired, worse sleep etc. But, my hair looks better!

Originally posted by moluv View Post
            Yes!! I've gotten my husband to wear his in a topknot. The sides and back don't fit in yet but oh, I can't wait till the do. He is a pretty old fashioned guy so I was really surprised he was into it. I love it and make a huge fuss every time he does it. Meow. Men. Yum.
            It.is.the.hottest.hairstyle!!!! I was actually working with a male dancer on Tuesday, and he had a blond top knot... swoon. I showed YG the footage and I think it gave him added impetus to grow his hair out again
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Wow, that's a cool come-back after a week! Sounds like things are going pretty great!
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                you won't believe this but... YG's dad works for the biggest sugar manufacturer in the UK!!! I think I hit the jackpot
                can you hear me laughing..that is hilarious. Your last two posts have really been a delight to read. It's a great place you are "at" and it's ... making me happy. For you.

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                I finally used a caffeine rinse yesterday and WOW. Instant softness.
                me too, crazy huh?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

• Congratulations, YB! That is great to hear. So what is the caffeine rinse - just cold coffee?

Comment

• Love Story:
                    Geek and I are not your traditional couple. Then again, we're also a couple of engineers. When people ask how we met, the answer is always "Which time?"
                    We met twice, both times in college classes. The first time we met, I was with a guy. Geek was a great friend, but I wasn't interested at the time in going further. The second time, I was in recovery from a nasty breakup (not the guy I was dating when we first met.) I walked into stats and his was the only familiar face, so I ended up sitting next to him. 3 weeks later, after we'd stayed up for nearly 48 hours together, we got together. We were sitting watching "Robin Williams: Live on Broadway" and I was in his lap. I said "I guess this means we're dating, huh?" "Yep." It was so close to midnight, I can't tell you which day we started dating.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• ^I had the late-night realization with my ex & with Hulky. With Hulky, it was after sex. We realized that it was not the kind of sex one has when they're just messing around.

YB, I'm really happy for you
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        ^I had the late-night realization with my ex & with Hulky. With Hulky, it was after sex. We realized that it was not the kind of sex one has when they're just messing around.

YB, I'm really happy for you
                        It was similar for me. Before we had sex it felt as though everything was building to that point. And then once that bridge was crossed, we realised that sex wasnt the destination... it was just a landmark on the journey

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Love Story:
                        Geek and I are not your traditional couple. Then again, we're also a couple of engineers. When people ask how we met, the answer is always "Which time?"
                        We met twice, both times in college classes. The first time we met, I was with a guy. Geek was a great friend, but I wasn't interested at the time in going further. The second time, I was in recovery from a nasty breakup (not the guy I was dating when we first met.) I walked into stats and his was the only familiar face, so I ended up sitting next to him. 3 weeks later, after we'd stayed up for nearly 48 hours together, we got together. We were sitting watching "Robin Williams: Live on Broadway" and I was in his lap. I said "I guess this means we're dating, huh?" "Yep." It was so close to midnight, I can't tell you which day we started dating.
                        Nice to know that "love on the rebound" can work YG left his gf because he had feelings, and even though I knew this, until it worried me that he was just rebounding. Then last weekend a friend put the lovely thought in my head that he is s serial monogamist and had me "lined up" before "dumping" his gf. Pretty toxic to think that way...

Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                        Congratulations, YB! That is great to hear. So what is the caffeine rinse - just cold coffee?
                        Thank you!

You'd need to ask Derp for the particulars but yeah, that's all I've been doing.

Originally posted by spk View Post
                        can you hear me laughing..that is hilarious. Your last two posts have really been a delight to read. It's a great place you are "at" and it's ... making me happy. For you.

me too, crazy huh?
                        Haha - great that it made someone laugh! We cant get over the irony either... He dad has stacks of free sugar, and I'm literally the first person he's met who ever said sugar was healthy...!

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                        Wow, that's a cool come-back after a week! Sounds like things are going pretty great!
                        Thanks Leida!
                        Last edited by YogaBare; 10-17-2013, 11:58 AM.
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Oh yeah, Hulky and I were rebounds! I was still in a rather toxic friends with benefits situation (went up in flames after Hulky and I met haha). He was working on breaking up with his girlfriend (technically fiance, but she was weird about it...) and official broke it up a couple days after we met. We fell in love very suddenly about a month after that.

Well, met again. We went to high school together.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            We fell in love very suddenly about a month after that.
                            This. I've never had this experience before. Two days ago I didnt understand how I felt about him, and suddenly a light came on and I realised that love was living inside me. It seemed to happen in an instant... Kind of beautiful really

I remember the first guy I fell in love with: I met him in Poland when I was 17. He was older than me (22 -gasp!!!!!!) and we had a chocolate box summer that crescendoed with dramatic sex (and loss of virginity), and tearful goodbyes. The experience of falling in love with him was like living in a movie for two months. I wonder where he is now...

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I'm so glad to see you so happy and full of life these days Yoyo. Enjoy every moment! ❤

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                                I'm so glad to see you so happy and full of life these days Yoyo. Enjoy every moment! ❤
                                Thank you!!!

Woah - I just saw Zach's been banned! What happened? Did one of the abusive threads finally implode?

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X