Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    Zach, you know I love you, and I know you're trying to be supportive, so I'm going to tell you: that is the worst thing you can say to someone who's been sexually abused. I'm not so sensitive anymore that I'm affected by what people on the internet say, but if ever someone you know in reality (a gf, or one of your children) comes to you and tells you something like that, telling them to get over it would be really damaging for them. I'm not saying this in annoyance: I know you're trying to help.
    I'm not really sure I understand why, and I understand where Zach is coming from. The letting go part seems hard, but in the grand scheme of things, if you never let go, and let it hurt you forever, you are consciously, or unconsciously, letting that one moment(s) in your life dictate many other, if not all other outcomes. If you don't choose to accept it, and let it go, you're essentially reliving that moment for the rest of your life, which is when many other things, not similar, or maybe similar, can surface because of that fear and attitude.

    I've had really horrible things regarding sexual assault happen to me too, and I understand, but there came a point in my life where I just had to push them away and stop dwelling on it. It doesn't make it go away, in fact, it's just the opposite. There is no erasing that, short of implanting false memories, so why take a defeatist mentality and apply it to your every day life? Does that moment have to define you? You're Yogabare, you're not defined by any action taken against your will. Your defined by the actions taken of your will. Think about that, and I really hope you are able to move passed feeling like a victim and on to enjoying the rest of your life.
    Make America Great Again

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      I'm not really sure I understand why, and I understand where Zach is coming from. The letting go part seems hard, but in the grand scheme of things, if you never let go, and let it hurt you forever, you are consciously, or unconsciously, letting that one moment(s) in your life dictate many other, if not all other outcomes. If you don't choose to accept it, and let it go, you're essentially reliving that moment for the rest of your life, which is when many other things, not similar, or maybe similar, can surface because of that fear and attitude.

      I've had really horrible things regarding sexual assault happen to me too, and I understand, but there came a point in my life where I just had to push them away and stop dwelling on it. It doesn't make it go away, in fact, it's just the opposite. There is no erasing that, short of implanting false memories, so why take a defeatist mentality and apply it to your every day life? Does that moment have to define you? You're Yogabare, you're not defined by any action taken against your will. Your defined by the actions taken of your will. Think about that, and I really hope you are able to move passed feeling like a victim and on to enjoying the rest of your life.
      Love this post.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

      My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


      Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

      " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

      Comment


      • uh oh. And a quiet descends on the journal as all depart to FB.

        Really glad to read your updated post of the other day yb! I missed what your presentation was for/to whom but your happiness w/ it is clear. It's potently healing that you acknowledge why you've felt as you have all these years and it sounds like that allowed you to choose how to move through it. I don't know; I think we're all a culmination of our experiences and those bitter ones, where something was done to you, live in a very odd place in our spirit. They can inform your best choices. Or they can kill you. You get to choose.

        love and hug

        “you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

        Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

        Comment


        • This is not a lobe song

          I like mda better. Facebook is kept squeaky clean so employers can search it up and stalk me on it.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
          ------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

          My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


          Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

          " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

          Comment


          • Haha, then nobody should hunt me down on FB. I link to my blog there and don't censor things much.
            Depression Lies

            Comment


            • I just have my FB privacy setting set really high so employers can't seen anything besides my profile picture. You're also not supposed to be able to find me by searching. I also like MDA better cuz I still can't post a lot of this personal stuff on FB cuz too many people I know will see it.

              My journal

              Comment


              • Originally posted by diene View Post
                I just have my FB privacy setting set really high so employers can't seen anything besides my profile picture. You're also not supposed to be able to find me by searching. I also like MDA better cuz I still can't post a lot of this personal stuff on FB cuz too many people I know will see it.
                I would rather them find information and then think that is all than to not find anything and search harder.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

                My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


                Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

                " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

                Comment


                • My Facebook is where I play out my dweeb persona.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by moluv View Post
                    My Facebook is where I play out my dweeb persona.
                    It isn't dweeby!!!



                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                    ------
                    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

                    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


                    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

                    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

                    Comment


                    • You guys, I'm afraid I'm gonna accidentally say something on here about your fb, or something on fb about here, and also that I am going to confuse your personas with real names. I suck at compartmentalizing in this way.

                      Case in point- I'm a bikini waxer. I mostly do brazilians for women but will occasionally do "BROzilians" as well. I have a bunch of clients that are attorneys at the same firm. One of them is a man, the other 4 women. He freaked out one time when he pulled up to my office and saw his coworkers vehicle in front. So he drove around for a while until she left, then came in and asked me to be very careful that none of the women find out he gets his pubes ripped out monthly. It has been awful for me as I have almost blown his secret twice.

                      And LOL I saw Mr. Perfidys name on the "friends in common" area and friended him too. Can't wait to look through his pics.

                      Comment


                      • I don't think there is anything on fb other than my real name that I care about keeping secret. Like I said this fb was made to keep law firms happy. I am not even fb friends with my bf after the shit I went through with my ex via fb.






                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

                        My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


                        Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

                        " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

                        Comment


                        • No offense to anyone. You know I love you all, but I'd rather poke my eyes out than join FB.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                            No offense to anyone. You know I love you all, but I'd rather poke my eyes out than join FB.
                            You're like a female version of myself, I swear.

                            Please don't be offended.
                            Make America Great Again

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              You're like a female version of myself, I swear.

                              Please don't be offended.
                              I'm flattered, to be completely honest.
                              ......and I only need another 20 IQ points

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                                I'm flattered, to be completely honest.
                                ......and I only need another 20 IQ points
                                Haha, I don't like to post that cause it's easy to BS, but I needed an easy way to establish a point. Also, I think I'm rather "left of the curve", in that, I'd probably test better if my reading comprehension wasn't such a weak link.

                                I'm flattered you're flattered
                                Make America Great Again

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X