Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dude, relax and take it one day at a time. You seem to really enjoy YogaGuy's company.

    Re. gaining weight: It looks like a combination of bloat and constipation. It should dissipate soon if it hasn't already.

    <3 yes, it never gets old

    Comment


    • Hey, thanks guys I should really not post when I'm feeling neurotic... weirdly all that confusion is gone today and I feel totally at peace

      Ironically, today a very sexy guy emailed me and asked me to go for a drink with him. He's been asking me out for about six months, but I was always too depressed (and "fat") to meet him. I'm really tempted... but realistically, what's the point? It's not like I'm going to shag him, ha. It would be an ego thing...

      Got back to the gym after the worst week in ages... only worked out twice in the whole week! Stepped on the scale, and I've gained 6 lbs!!! I'm assuming (hoping) it's water weight and other stuff.

      Originally posted by diene View Post
      Do you always feel anxious like this, or is it just with YG? For me, some guys trigger that kind of anxiety, while some guys make me feel secure.
      I actually don't feel anxious much with him... I just have my moments when I over think things, and then him being in a relationship when we met bothers me. When I feel secure I just put it out of my mind...

      Originally posted by girlhk View Post
      btw, where are you in your cycle? Perhaps the low energy is hormonal?

      Constipation could stem from a mental/emotional block. A lot of mental activity drains the physical body... Perhaps some meditation or calming activity is needed
      I think it's all hormonal

      Originally posted by ombat View Post
      Well, that might be where the "jealousy" your sensing in YG is coming from. It seems like the two of you might both be happier seeing each other exclusively, no matter how ideological you want to be.

      I loved Blue Jasmine! I thought Blanchett's performance was great.
      The jealousy is a whole other matter... It's complicated

      Yes! The acting in general was amazing. Great film.

      Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      Dude, relax and take it one day at a time. You seem to really enjoy YogaGuy's company.

      Re. gaining weight: It looks like a combination of bloat and constipation. It should dissipate soon if it hasn't already.

      <3 yes, it never gets old
      haha - <3 got old last week! That's why I started using dingbats...
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

      In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

      - Ray Peat

      Comment


      • Women need to quit with the weight gain freak outs. You cannot physically gain fat in a short amount of time unless you overeat thousands of calories above your BMR daily. A lb of fat is 3500 cals, your restin bmr is somehwere between 1500-2000 cals and add on top of that 500-1000 for daily activities. So you would have to eat 5500-7000 calories a day to gain a lb a day.

        Water weight on the other hand can fluctuate 1-15lbs easily in a day/week. Bodybuilders and fighters routinely shed a ton of water over night then supercompensate the next day. Doing 10-30lb weight swings in 48 hours.

        So yea, entirely water weight with maybe a few ounces of fat gain. Bottom line, forget the scale entirely.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
          Ironically, today a very sexy guy emailed me and asked me to go for a drink with him. He's been asking me out for about six months, but I was always too depressed (and "fat") to meet him. I'm really tempted... but realistically, what's the point? It's not like I'm going to shag him, ha. It would be an ego thing...
          I just clicked on this and am a total newbie in regards to your journal. So, out of context, I read the above, and think...

          very sexy guy
          asking me out for about six months
          really tempted


          So why not?!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Zach View Post
            Women need to quit with the weight gain freak outs. You cannot physically gain fat in a short amount of time unless you overeat thousands of calories above your BMR daily. A lb of fat is 3500 cals, your restin bmr is somehwere between 1500-2000 cals and add on top of that 500-1000 for daily activities. So you would have to eat 5500-7000 calories a day to gain a lb a day.

            Water weight on the other hand can fluctuate 1-15lbs easily in a day/week. Bodybuilders and fighters routinely shed a ton of water over night then supercompensate the next day. Doing 10-30lb weight swings in 48 hours.

            So yea, entirely water weight with maybe a few ounces of fat gain. Bottom line, forget the scale entirely.


            I will obey, Oh Leader!

            Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
            I just clicked on this and am a total newbie in regards to your journal. So, out of context, I read the above, and think...

            very sexy guy
            asking me out for about six months
            really tempted


            So why not?!
            LOL. You've missed a lot Summary: I have a bf who I'm in an "open relationship" with, but he's not doing anything about the 'open' and neither am I really, and yesterday I said I'm considering changing our status...

            Also, welcome Nivanthe! Where does your username come from?
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

            In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

            - Ray Peat

            Comment


            • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              Also, welcome Nivanthe! Where does your username come from?
              Thanks YB!

              I'm very picky with usernames. I usually go under another but wanted this to be different than my normal "gamer" tag that I was fairly well known on. This was just from browsing various name lists and seeing what I liked the sound of. I think it evolved from Evanthe (needed an elf/earthy feeling I think)

              I'm reading your journal backwards, also very familiar with the past topic of convo. WTB orgasm during sex. Not even once crew, checking in. But then again I also have a very long time, long distance relationship, so I only see him twice a year lol.

              I also need to search back in here if there's any info on this Cynoplus so Derp doesn't have to repeat it for what I imagine is the 80th time. All the thyroid thingssss!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
                Thanks YB!

                I'm very picky with usernames. I usually go under another but wanted this to be different than my normal "gamer" tag that I was fairly well known on. This was just from browsing various name lists and seeing what I liked the sound of. I think it evolved from Evanthe (needed an elf/earthy feeling I think)

                I'm reading your journal backwards, also very familiar with the past topic of convo. WTB orgasm during sex. Not even once crew, checking in. But then again I also have a very long time, long distance relationship, so I only see him twice a year lol.

                I also need to search back in here if there's any info on this Cynoplus so Derp doesn't have to repeat it for what I imagine is the 80th time. All the thyroid thingssss!
                Ah, I thought it sounded Elfie!

                Well, when I start getting laid I'll let you know if the tips I've gotten so far have worked

                I did long distance before - it was tough: and the difference was only Ireland and the UK! We saw each other once a month. Where is your bf living?

                I think Cynoplus is a recent discovery for Derp as he's only just started suggesting it (I think). So (I think) there won't be any other mention of it in my journal (I think)
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                - Ray Peat

                Comment


                • Cynoplus is pretty much just the synthetic version of armour. Compounded t4 and t3.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                    I did long distance before - it was tough: and the difference was only Ireland and the UK! We saw each other once a month. Where is your bf living?

                    I think Cynoplus is a recent discovery for Derp as he's only just started suggesting it (I think). So (I think) there won't be any other mention of it in my journal (I think)
                    He's UK, born and bred. I'm across the pond in Florida, for now. Thank goodness for skype and the internet! We've been together for a few years. England is gorgeous, by the way!

                    Yeah, the Cynoplus thing. So far looks like I have to ask the doctor for it, which is fine as long as she doesn't get pissy or tell me I don't need it. I guess on a positive note, I'm moving slightly more north, closer to my job, which means i'll have to switch doctors soon anyway...

                    Comment


                    • ARRRRGH, I can't sleep! And in my mania I wrote back to the sexy guy and told him I'd meet him...

                      Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
                      He's UK, born and bred. I'm across the pond in Florida, for now. Thank goodness for skype and the internet! We've been together for a few years. England is gorgeous, by the way!

                      Yeah, the Cynoplus thing. So far looks like I have to ask the doctor for it, which is fine as long as she doesn't get pissy or tell me I don't need it. I guess on a positive note, I'm moving slightly more north, closer to my job, which means i'll have to switch doctors soon anyway...
                      I'm pretty sure you can buy Cynoplus online if you need it? From the Mexican drug store or whatever.

                      Ah, where in the UK is your bf? I'm actually from Ireland, but I agree: parts of England are very pretty
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                      In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                      - Ray Peat

                      Comment


                      • I've been having sympathy omfgwhythefuckcantisleepiwasexhaustedtwominutesago andnowimwideawakethemomentmyheadhitsthepilllow's for you, my love.

                        I'm correlating it to PMS and/or not eating enough. Have you tried implementing any of your (hopeful) diet remedies?

                        Don't answer this until you've slept!
                        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                          I'm pretty sure you can buy Cynoplus online if you need it? From the Mexican drug store or whatever.

                          Ah, where in the UK is your bf? I'm actually from Ireland, but I agree: parts of England are very pretty
                          I was afraid it WAS going to be that Mexican drugstore. LOL

                          Wasn't sure which you were from, I took a stab.. 50/50 chance! My mom would LOVE to see Ireland one day, that's her #1 goal. My BF lives in Newcastle at the moment, but he's originally from elsewhere, and has what I call a "radio-friendly" accent. Most people over there can't place where he's from! I was just over there to see his new apartment, and NC -- much nicer than his last area.

                          Yay sexy meeting! :P

                          For sleep, depending on what's keeping me up, I'd need to write it down/look it up/save it for later. That and ice cream or some kind of carbs helps me sleep. (I can say that here safely I assume, hah) I don't have the greatest bed (roller bed ftw) so my sleep can only be so great anyway.

                          Also the progesterone cream really gives me a solid sleep.

                          Comment


                          • Tuesday, 8th Oct

                            Today I finally committed one of the most Primal health sins... I added sugar to my OJ!!! And.. such a strange experience. I had incredible energy for the day, and my body got really hot, but I didn't sweat. I just felt really, really toasty for quite a few hours. Took my temp and it was 37.3C! It's never been that high. Had zero appetite since and didn't eat dinner. Ray Peat, you continue to amaze me...

                            I just did some very energetic yoga and had to stop cos I got a head ache and felt like puking... ugh. My body is aching from lifting weights yesterday... that hasn't happened before. I bet it's cos I didn't exercise for nearly a week.

                            Invited YG to stay over via text message... I feel like such a child

                            Edit: He just replied, laughing (hahaha) and said he'd "try his best to behave himself" He's literally never replied to a text message of mine so quickly... LOL.

                            Edit again: Hilarious conversation ensued between the two of us I think he's really happy I asked him to stay.

                            Men get macho about women not wanting to have sex with them, but I didn't think about how it must feel for him to be with someone who acts like she doesn't want him to touch her. It's probably made him unsure of my feelings for him. Maybe asking him to stay over was reassuring for him.

                            Originally posted by ombat View Post
                            I've been having sympathy omfgwhythefuckcantisleepiwasexhaustedtwominutesago andnowimwideawakethemomentmyheadhitsthepilllow's for you, my love.

                            I'm correlating it to PMS and/or not eating enough. Have you tried implementing any of your (hopeful) diet remedies?

                            Don't answer this until you've slept!
                            Haha I dont know, I think it's partially not enough carbs and also I feel a bit hyper the last few days (particularly today). I'm going to drink some OJ with sugar before bed tonight.

                            Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
                            Yay sexy meeting! :P

                            For sleep, depending on what's keeping me up, I'd need to write it down/look it up/save it for later. That and ice cream or some kind of carbs helps me sleep. (I can say that here safely I assume, hah) I don't have the greatest bed (roller bed ftw) so my sleep can only be so great anyway.

                            Also the progesterone cream really gives me a solid sleep.
                            Haha, I changed my mind again (it's my prerogative ) Seeing one guy is complicated enough for me right now.

                            Really? Progesterone hasn't helped me in that regard unfortunately. I think my sleep is caused by high cortisol, not oestrogen.
                            Last edited by YogaBare; 10-08-2013, 04:34 PM.
                            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                            In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                            - Ray Peat

                            Comment


                            • I would like to learn more about the fat loss / releasing toxins / intense anxiety/ depression link.

                              I have lost a lot of fat since June and feel crappy most of the time. Gets better and worse depending on my cycle ( which keeps getting shorter).

                              Hope you are feeling better OP.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                                Today I finally committed one of the most Primal health sins... I added sugar to my OJ!!!
                                I've been drinking juice (part OJ, part grape or cranberry) with added sugar for breakfast for the past 3 weeks. It's good.

                                Haha I dont know, I think it's partially not enough carbs and also I feel a bit hyper the last few days (particularly today). I'm going to drink some OJ with sugar before bed tonight.
                                That's definitely not my problem...
                                Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X