Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    I just lurked in your journal for an update but didn't see one ;p What's going on with your living situation?
    I'm still living in Philly with the bf, just waiting to hear back from the job in Sacramento before I move. But most of my stuff has already arrived in CA. I'm living out of two suitcases, which is more annoying than you'd think. I keep thinking--I need to do X, but, oh, I don't have Y that I need in order to do X cuz that's been shipped to CA.

    Anyway, I'm about to update my journal. Be prepared for a good laugh.

    My journal

    Comment


    • I love all food. That's my problem! I am a fat kid at heart.

      Favorite whole foods include steak/lamb, eggs (although lately not as much), coconut milk, nuts (haven't eaten this in a while), anything spicy, mozzarella, specific fruits (pineapple is my fav), and avocados (haven't eaten this in a while either). I love milk but I am lactose intolerant and most stuff make me break out.

      I used to love pasta/noodles, pizza, cereal, and bread. I cut them out gradually before I even discovered paleo because it was making me fat. Of course all Chinese, Indian and middle eastern food thanks to my upbringing.

      I feel satiated on steak and eggs with very little calories but it is so expensive and time consuming to cook! Also I don't sleep as deeply on it. Carbs make me peckish.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

      My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


      Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

      " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

      Comment


      • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        I don't feel anything after taking it anymore, but may be benefiting me... it's hard to tell because I'm doing so many things. I did have a longer cycle this month (with added mania ), and my sleep is deeper, and longer the last week.

        I take one whole tab right before bed time. My pulse went up initially (from 60 to 75) then it dropped to 57!! (Peat said that was stress hormones lowering), now it's in the 70's. Temp has stayed consistent...
        I think that's way too much to be taking at once. taking that much in a single dose is not physiologically possible and could be causing a spike of adrenaline. Surprised you can sleep at all.

        Now I wonder if there was t3 in that one you bought
        Make America Great Again

        Comment


        • Originally posted by diene View Post
          Anyway, I'm about to update my journal. Be prepared for a good laugh.
          I shall wait with bated breath

          Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
          I love all food. That's my problem! I am a fat kid at heart.

          Favorite whole foods include steak/lamb, eggs (although lately not as much), coconut milk, nuts (haven't eaten this in a while), anything spicy, mozzarella, specific fruits (pineapple is my fav), and avocados (haven't eaten this in a while either). I love milk but I am lactose intolerant and most stuff make me break out.

          I used to love pasta/noodles, pizza, cereal, and bread. I cut them out gradually before I even discovered paleo because it was making me fat. Of course all Chinese, Indian and middle eastern food thanks to my upbringing.

          I feel satiated on steak and eggs with very little calories but it is so expensive and time consuming to cook! Also I don't sleep as deeply on it. Carbs make me peckish.
          Wow - lol! DOnt know what to suggest then! Saying that, I used to love all food, now I'm pretty happy just eating dairy, sugar and fruit. Turns out that was all I wanted all along!

          Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          I think that's way too much to be taking at once. taking that much in a single dose is not physiologically possible and could be causing a spike of adrenaline. Surprised you can sleep at all.

          Now I wonder if there was t3 in that one you bought
          Really...! Initially it made me feel exhausted, which is why I started taking it at night. Peat said it was lowering my stress hormones...

          What would you recommend? Do you think it could be connected with oestrogen surges?
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

          In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

          - Ray Peat

          Comment


          • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            Really...! Initially it made me feel exhausted, which is why I started taking it at night. Peat said it was lowering my stress hormones...

            What would you recommend? Do you think it could be connected with oestrogen surges?
            You should have started with 1/4 or 1/2 with that one at most. Get cynoplus and do 1/6. I cut my cynomel into 5mcg doses, if I take more than that I would feel noticeably worse.

            More is not always better. You have to be careful.
            Make America Great Again

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              You should have started with 1/4 or 1/2 with that one at most. Get cynoplus and do 1/6. I cut my cynomel into 5mcg doses, if I take more than that I would feel noticeably worse.

              More is not always better. You have to be careful.
              Oh I just realised I've been taking it for exactly four weeks now.

              I can't justify buying another new sup when I still have so much of this one left: do you think I should reduce the dosage? Like, split one tab into two and take it twice a day?

              Thanks for the advice.
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

              In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

              - Ray Peat

              Comment


              • OMG, the 300-second rule.

                My journal

                Comment


                • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  Oh I just realised I've been taking it for exactly four weeks now.

                  I can't justify buying another new sup when I still have so much of this one left: do you think I should reduce the dosage? Like, split one tab into two and take it twice a day?

                  Thanks for the advice.
                  Yeah, make sure to pay attention to your moods and the usual.
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment


                  • Sunday, 6th October

                    Firstly, thanks guys, for all the support you gave at the end of last week. You've helped me so much, you have no idea.

                    I went to the cinema with one of my BFFs last night (we went to see "Blue Jasmine" - it's really good actually!). She reckons that 'this' is surfacing because I have dealt with the other issues that were plaguing me: the ED, the depression, and the inertia around my career and relationships. Now they have significantly shifted, it's revealing what was probably the underlying cause of all of it.

                    I hung out with YG for most of the day today. It was really nice...

                    It's alien to me, because usually when I'm dating someone they're kind of all over me (mauling me), but he's not. In fact, mostly he won't instigate kissing me, and he's quite tentative about putting his arm around me, or even touching me unless I touch him first. (The first time we kissed he asked if he could kiss me ) I don't know if this is his usual approach or if I've created this big wall and he's the first man who's sensitive enough to notice it.

                    Something has changed since last week: I don't want an open relationship anymore.

                    I have a male friend (lets call him Hook) who I have a lot of sexual attraction with. When I decided open relationships were the way forward, he was the guy on my radar (YG still had the girlfriend), and our contact escalated. I even told YG about him at the time, and said I had my eye on him.

                    Nothings happened between us, yet, and Hook doesn't know I'm seeing anyone. We're supposed to be going to the theatre this week.

                    Literally a few minutes after meeting up with YG, we bumped into Hook!!! It was such a weird coincidence. The two men had a stand off (neither of them knew who the other was, but they could sense there was something between us all), and then when we were leaving Hook mentioned the theatre and then invited YG to come... LOL! It was ridiculously awkward.

                    But... running into him clarified that open relationships are "probably" messy, and maybe building trust with one guy is a good first step for me...

                    This makes me more anxious however because the open relationship status was a safety net. Since I've been seeing YG I've been on other dates, and they gave me mild reassurance from my anxiety. If I admit that I only want to see him, then I have to face my neurosis that he might decide he doesn't want a relationship and leave me.

                    I think I just need to keep taking this one step at a time...

                    [brain] [/dump]

                    Also, weird house situation: me and my housemates are chronically single, but in the last few months we've all gotten together with people. Then, one by one, they all got dumped (the latest dumped one being the alcoholic... this is going to be fun ). I know this sounds crazy, but I believe in energy shifts, and I think my house went through one. Just hoping I don't get implicated in the reversal of the shift...

                    Wow. I'm really letting the spiritual hippie out these days.

                    EDIT: Heath: acne disappeared, but energy and mood are still pretty low. Weight gain is still there, and I'm now constipated. wtf happened to me?! I'm barely able to pull myself to work at the moment... I've been sleeping so much and not feeling refreshed. I'm really hoping tomorrow will be a better day energy wise, because I miss being where I was.
                    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-06-2013, 01:26 PM.
                    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                    - Ray Peat

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                      I love all food. That's my problem! I am a fat kid at heart.

                      Favorite whole foods include steak/lamb, eggs (although lately not as much), coconut milk, nuts (haven't eaten this in a while), anything spicy, mozzarella, specific fruits (pineapple is my fav), and avocados (haven't eaten this in a while either). I love milk but I am lactose intolerant and most stuff make me break out.

                      I used to love pasta/noodles, pizza, cereal, and bread. I cut them out gradually before I even discovered paleo because it was making me fat. Of course all Chinese, Indian and middle eastern food thanks to my upbringing.

                      I feel satiated on steak and eggs with very little calories but it is so expensive and time consuming to cook! Also I don't sleep as deeply on it. Carbs make me peckish.



                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                      Hey, loving food doesn't make one a fat kid!

                      Re just steak & eggs-- that would be quite high protein, and excess protein is supposed to be stressful for the body.

                      Comment


                      • YG sounds like a gentleman.

                        Re open relationships, I would think it'd be hard for (some) women due to the tendency to be emotionally invested in a relationship/their partner. For me, if I cared about the person, the anxiety of wondering what I am to him would just be too much.

                        btw, where are you in your cycle? Perhaps the low energy is hormonal?

                        Constipation could stem from a mental/emotional block. A lot of mental activity drains the physical body... Perhaps some meditation or calming activity is needed

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                          But... running into him clarified that open relationships are "probably" messy, and maybe building trust with one guy is a good first step for me...

                          This makes me more anxious however because the open relationship status was a safety net. Since I've been seeing YG I've been on other dates, and they gave me mild reassurance from my anxiety. If I admit that I only want to see him, then I have to face my neurosis that he might decide he doesn't want a relationship and leave me.
                          Open relationships can definitely be messy. I think building trust with just one guys sounds like a good idea for you right now.

                          Do you always feel anxious like this, or is it just with YG? For me, some guys trigger that kind of anxiety, while some guys make me feel secure.

                          My journal

                          Comment


                          • Well, that might be where the "jealousy" your sensing in YG is coming from. It seems like the two of you might both be happier seeing each other exclusively, no matter how ideological you want to be.

                            I loved Blue Jasmine! I thought Blanchett's performance was great.
                            Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                            Comment


                            • Dude, relax and take it one day at a time. You seem to really enjoy YogaGuy's company.

                              Re. gaining weight: It looks like a combination of bloat and constipation. It should dissipate soon if it hasn't already.

                              <3 yes, it never gets old

                              Comment


                              • Hey, thanks guys I should really not post when I'm feeling neurotic... weirdly all that confusion is gone today and I feel totally at peace

                                Ironically, today a very sexy guy emailed me and asked me to go for a drink with him. He's been asking me out for about six months, but I was always too depressed (and "fat") to meet him. I'm really tempted... but realistically, what's the point? It's not like I'm going to shag him, ha. It would be an ego thing...

                                Got back to the gym after the worst week in ages... only worked out twice in the whole week! Stepped on the scale, and I've gained 6 lbs!!! I'm assuming (hoping) it's water weight and other stuff.

                                Originally posted by diene View Post
                                Do you always feel anxious like this, or is it just with YG? For me, some guys trigger that kind of anxiety, while some guys make me feel secure.
                                I actually don't feel anxious much with him... I just have my moments when I over think things, and then him being in a relationship when we met bothers me. When I feel secure I just put it out of my mind...

                                Originally posted by girlhk View Post
                                btw, where are you in your cycle? Perhaps the low energy is hormonal?

                                Constipation could stem from a mental/emotional block. A lot of mental activity drains the physical body... Perhaps some meditation or calming activity is needed
                                I think it's all hormonal

                                Originally posted by ombat View Post
                                Well, that might be where the "jealousy" your sensing in YG is coming from. It seems like the two of you might both be happier seeing each other exclusively, no matter how ideological you want to be.

                                I loved Blue Jasmine! I thought Blanchett's performance was great.
                                The jealousy is a whole other matter... It's complicated

                                Yes! The acting in general was amazing. Great film.

                                Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                                Dude, relax and take it one day at a time. You seem to really enjoy YogaGuy's company.

                                Re. gaining weight: It looks like a combination of bloat and constipation. It should dissipate soon if it hasn't already.

                                <3 yes, it never gets old
                                haha - <3 got old last week! That's why I started using dingbats...
                                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                                In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                                - Ray Peat

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X