No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to my usual self today Swam, taught yoga, biked, went to a gig, worked. Whoop!

I'm getting worried about my hair though - it's noticeably thinner, and I'm still losing hair. So it's not the carbs.

Remaining options:
    - Not enough iron
    - Bad shampoo? Seriously! Looking back, I changed my shampoo around the time I started shedding. I'm very sensitive to chemicals etc. so this could be a possibility...

Originally posted by moluv View Post
    What is this hula-twerking you speak of???
    Haha - I'll post a video! It's an awesome workout.

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I think strength training increases testosterone which increases libido as well...
    POssibilities for increased libido:

Sugar
    Lifting weights
    Sexy man friend

Hmmmm

Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Reminds me of I tip I learnt when I was a teenage distance runner.

Swing your hands past your hips when you run. A lot of people run with T-Rex arms all bunched up under their arm pits, this reduces running efficiency by a large margin

Oh and I liked your workout week schedule
    Haha... don't worry - I don't run like a girl It was a weird sensation - like my legs and arms had gotten longer, or more supple.

Cheers! I would have preferred an extra day of lifting and swimming in there, but it was an easy week I guess.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-01-2013, 04:37 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• over extending the hair via shampoo, blow drying, etc can damage it and cause it to prematurely fall out but won't stop it from growing back

I would cut shampooing back a lot if you've been doing it frequently and get a good one without sls, parabens, etc or preferably go back to not shampooing it at all.

now that I don't shampoo my hair and use water wash out pomade my hair actually doesn't even need pomade anymore and looks fanfuckingtastic

feels that way too.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        over extending the hair via shampoo, blow drying, etc can damage it and cause it to prematurely fall out but won't stop it from growing back

I would cut shampooing back a lot if you've been doing it frequently and get a good one without sls, parabens, etc or preferably go back to not shampooing it at all.

now that I don't shampoo my hair and use water wash out pomade my hair actually doesn't even need pomade anymore and looks fanfuckingtastic

feels that way too.
        You use FOP or Dapper Dan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
          You use FOP or Dapper Dan?
          If I use any it's: Dirty hair cream | Styling Gels | LUSH Cosmetics or Dapper Dan
          Make America Great Again

Comment

or Dapper Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
              My hair is gonna look like that in like 5 years probably
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• You could do a lot worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  Everything I'm reading about fertility charting is AMAZING. I think it would be a good thing for any woman to do! It would be cool if there was a bunch of us doing it together, though I'm not quite sure how it would work.
                  Hey yogabare, lots of interesting experiments you have going on! I would totally chart with you if I knew where my baseline was... I did a lot of research on this when trying to conceive back in 2010, and used cervical position to pinpoint ovulation. It's fascinating.. I agree it's good for any woman to do. I learned quite a lot about my body when I was charting.

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  Now I find loads of things off-putting... I can barely even stomach meat these days It's really strange.
                  I ate some chicken yesterday (cooked for my kid) and almost spit it out without thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                    Cervical fluid normally cycles through the following pattern:

after the period, a woman will normally experience several “dry” days. The cervical fluid samples she takes with toilet tissue or a clean finger from just inside her vagina will not feel slippery or textured. Then the cervical fluid will build up, beginning with a moist sensation and/or a tacky or creamy texture. Any mucus or moist sensation at the vulva after the period signals that the fertile phase has begun.

Around the time of ovulation, the woman’s cervical fluid tends to become slippery and clear—like raw egg white. The last day of this stretchy cervical fluid or wet sen- sation is called the peak day and signals that ovulation is imminent.

The next day, a transition to dryer cervical fluid occurs: the woman’s cervical fluid might be tacky or immediately dry. Because ovulation can take place up to 2 days before or after the peak day— and the woman may ovulate more than one egg, with each egg liv- ing up to 24 hours—for the purpose of contraception the woman is considered fertile until the fourth day after the peak. For the remainder of the cycle, a healthy woman will secrete cervical fluid that is dryer than the peak day’s secretions.
                    Aberrations from this pattern, like those of the BBT, can reveal imbalances in a woman’s overall health.

Books about Fertility Awareness and Natural Family Planning by Katie Singer
                    Re cervical fluid, I had none to speak of even when I was ovulating. I couldn't find any answers, even on all the ttc/fertility forums. I figured it's a hormonal imbalance..

Anyway, it's fascinating and hope you keep sharing your experience.

Comment

over extending the hair via shampoo, blow drying, etc can damage it and cause it to prematurely fall out but won't stop it from growing back

feels that way too.
                      I don't even shampoo that often - maybe 2/3 times a week. The no-poo thing was amazing and I definitely had a lot of new hair growth after doing it. But I don't know if I can do it again... My sense of smell has become so heightened that I don't think I could stand any smell of grease / egg etc

Originally posted by girlhk View Post
                      Hey yogabare, lots of interesting experiments you have going on! I would totally chart with you if I knew where my baseline was... I did a lot of research on this when trying to conceive back in 2010, and used cervical position to pinpoint ovulation. It's fascinating.. I agree it's good for any woman to do. I learned quite a lot about my body when I was charting.
                      Thanks for the support! What do you mean by baseline?

I cannot believe I haven't done this before now. My mood and body are all over the place today, and from my research I can see that this is the time when oestrogen is rising! I'm even having a breakout of spots around my pituitary gland, and this is the time that FSH is produced. It's crazy stuff.
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Are you charting your temperature or just tracking cervical fluid/position?

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                          Are you charting your temperature or just tracking cervical fluid/position?
                          Tracking temp and fluid (somewhat) but mostly just observing mood, energy, libido, body and correlating it to days of the cycle. Getting emotional and energetic stability is my main focus... I feel like an emotional wreck today

ETA. I haven't used my progesterone oil in two days because I'm trying to cycle my usage (it's more effective when you take a break). Realised this might be why I'm crashing again. Just applied it and already feel a bit better!
                          Last edited by YogaBare; 10-02-2013, 06:45 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• That's interesting! I'd like to start doing it too, but it just seems like so much work. Taking my basal body temperature really disrupts my sleep because it's not accurate unless you take it after your longest block of sleep (ideally more than 6 hours) in any given night, and I usually wake up to pee in the middle of the night. So I always have to take my temp when I wake up to pee--and it's such a hassle. I'll keep thinking about it too so whenever I'm slightly awake in the middle of the night, I'll think about how I have to take my temp, and this causes me to not sleep well. Which is why I always give up after a few days. That and I'm really lazy.

ETA: I hope you feel better soon. What part of your cycle are you in now?

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                              That's interesting! I'd like to start doing it too, but it just seems like so much work. Taking my basal body temperature really disrupts my sleep because it's not accurate unless you take it after your longest block of sleep (ideally more than 6 hours) in any given night, and I usually wake up to pee in the middle of the night. So I always have to take my temp when I wake up to pee--and it's such a hassle. I'll keep thinking about it too so whenever I'm slightly awake in the middle of the night, I'll think about how I have to take my temp, and this causes me to not sleep well. Which is why I always give up after a few days. That and I'm really lazy.

ETA: I hope you feel better soon. What part of your cycle are you in now?
                              I hear you. Are you quite a perfectionist? I personally think it's better to start doing something, even if it's not perfect at first. It gets you in the swing of it, and then you can tweak for improvements.

I'm on day 3, but because my cycle is quite short I think this is more like day six, when oestrogen starts to rise. I woke up with a pregnant-looking belly, my skin is breaking out, I feel weepy, ridiculously insecure and I feel nauseous.... But, it's pretty empowering to recognise it's just my hormones! That's getting me through it.

I'm not taking a break from progesterone again for a while...!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Yeah, I'm sort of a perfectionist. That is a problem. It does cause paralysis at times. Maybe I should just start and not worry too much about the timing of the temperature taking.

Man, I don't think my emotions and energy fluctuate much with my cycle though. I usually respond to external things. I would feel tired if I didn't get enough sleep, sad if things in my life are making me sad, etc.

The only time hormones drove me nuts was when I first got on birth control pills--I was crazy for three months, would cry over nothing, and cried almost every single day. I thought I was losing my mind because it was so inconsistent with my personality. It was almost as if I became a different person, but a part of me was still the same. The part that was still me was trapped inside, watching the external me who had become a completely different person, and not being able to do anything about it. So weird! Hormones are some crazy stuff!

My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X