No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YB, same for me and my sis. I'm very small chested, she's probably a B or C cup.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      That's really interesting... Do you think it's possible that a high-dairy diet might have too much calcium? I don't even know what phosphorus is in. Really should start reading into this...

My areola are the same but the nipples are definitely blooming...! Anyone fancy emailing Peat to ask?

I have nightmares for eight years following PTSD so yeah, the brain definitely tries to process

I wish new bras were on the cards... Saying that, I haven't lost any weight off my chest since I've been slimming up, so I live in hope..

Just to contradict you... I LIVED on milk as a child. I've always been a big dairy fan. My sister hates milk. She has bigger boobs than me
      Did you drink non organic milk with growth hormones in it??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
        Did you drink non organic milk with growth hormones in it??!
        I doubt it... I grew up in Ireland in the 80's! Things were pretty pure and clean back then, and farming was the main way of life.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I doubt it... I grew up in Ireland in the 80's! Things were pretty pure and clean back then, and farming was the main way of life.
          Well then you haven't countered my hypothesis. Mine is based on the growth hormones in non-organic milk

------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Well then you haven't countered my hypothesis. Mine is based on the growth hormones in non-organic milk
            Lol. You're a sharp one
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I'll jump in on Turquoise's side. I'm the only one in my family with small breasts and I hated/abhorred/wouldn't touch milk.

On a related and rather funny note, my sister is 6 ft tall and she blames it on the amount of hormone-injected chicken my mom fed her as a small child
              Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Now I know why I have such small breasts. Not only did I hate milk as a child, I also hated cheese.

My journal

Comment

• Omg. New research paper!!! Boobs and bovine growth hormones.

------

Comment

• I definitely drank regular grocery store milk, which I'm sure had growth hormones and whatnot in it.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• pregnancy raises progesterone, they keep cows pregnant which raises progesterone at a high rate since progesterone is a pregnancy hormone. Probably explains breast growth.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

Omg. New research paper!!! Boobs and bovine growth hormones.
                        All in the name of.... Science?
                        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Guys, Indian women have huge knockers, and they drink tons of organic milk.

I find dairy is the most commonly blamed food stuff - even more so than meat. Most people (even veggies) can accept that meat has some beneficial properties, but it's rare that people say anything good about dairy. Which is why (after many years of being veggie) I eventually became a vegan. What a painful life

Back to the big nipples - I'm also noticing that my areola is getting darker! I was attributing it to the progesterone but if Gray and Derp are also noticing nipple changes then maybe it's down the the general hormonal impact of the Peat diet...

Saturday, 28th Sept

I kind of energy crashed again over the last two days. Haven't exercised in two days, and I don't know if I will today either. Feel really tired and a bit low.

It's been 21 days since my last period, and while I'm not bleeding I think that the hormonal dance that accompanies my period has been taking place. I bet if I ate a burger I would start menstruating. I've been avoiding anything with iron in it because I didn't want to go through this cycle again, but I'm realising that the hormones will rise and fall irrespective of my iron levels.

It seems like my cycle is about 20 days right now and while this is better than before, it's still not where I want to be energy or mood-wise.

I'm going to bite the bullet and start tracking. I don't know why I've resisted doing it - I've heard amazing things. These are the book recommendations I've been given.

http://www.gardenoffertility.com/
                          http://www.womensquest.org/

----

On a separate note entirely, just wanted to share something. Anyone who reads more than five posts of mine will probably recognise that I'm a closet hippie. I don't expatiate on my spiritual views much because it's like eating Peat... unless you've done it, you can't relate to it.

But lately I've made a spiritual shift or something. Apart from getting annoyed about my health, not much phases me. Things that might have upset me in the past are going over my head. I feel so much love in my heart for people. Don't know how long it will last, but it's pretty cool.

I'm so grateful for the life I live.
                          Last edited by YogaBare; 09-28-2013, 08:23 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• That's really interesting... Do you think it's possible that a high-dairy diet might have too much calcium? I don't even know what phosphorus is in. Really should start reading into this...
                            you would have to google it as my knowledge is very sketchy. i sorta know pieces of the puzzle but no big picture. i only know what i know from observing a couple of kittens my friend and i had and from googling to work out how to fix it. the kitten my friend had basically showed a reluctance to walk and the vet was perplexed as he could find nothing obviously wrong with it. i was actually googling kidney disease when i found some old article about high phosphorus diets and kittens, apparently they showed a reluctance to walk and ultimately kidney failure. other kittens in the litter had had broken bones which was also a clue. the one i had, i worked out had been on a certain type of raw cat food which was muscle meat. i theorised that muscle meat is high in phosphorus and low in calcium so the high phosphorus would be pushing calcium absorption out even more. i changed the food i was giving it to a whole animal one and added in bone grow and it healed rapidly. my friend's kitten had been on the same food but she had also been giving it people grade stewing steak as a treat so even more muscle meat. i got her to change the food brand and give it bone grow which is just ground up bones for pets and it also rapidly got better. the vet apparently told my friend it was a miracle :rolleyes. i also wonder about the innuit having osteoporosis. i've never seen any actual proper info on the innuit, just the word from all sides on them being either super healthy or riddled with cancer and osteoporosis so i dont know the truth. what i do know too is that we absorb minerals in relation to each other. so too much of one can push the other out and i know phosphorus, calcium and magnesium all work together like that. i had forgotten all this in relation to people until i saw that breakdown on paleo track of the eggs and steak diet and it was like over 100% of the RDA for phosphorus and only about 40% for ca and mg so you would be cruising for a mg deficiency too. and i can definitely say that i got that horrid phantom eye twitch from too much paleo / carnivorous diet plus a nasty ankle impact injury that i can now admit was poss a fracture from jumping off a high fence. you would need to run the dairy etc thru something like paleo track to work out mineral numbers and see but i think dairy is much safer in that sense.

Comment

----

On a separate note entirely, just wanted to share something. I don't extrapolate on my spiritual views much because it's kind of like eating Peat... unless you try it, you don't know what's it's like. But anyone who reads more than five posts of mine will probably recognise that I'm a closet hippie.

Lately I've made a spiritual shift or something. Apart from getting annoyed about my health, not much phases me. Things that might have upset me in the past are going over my head. I feel so much love in my heart for people. Don't know how long it will last, but it's pretty cool.

I'm so grateful for the life I live.
                              I've been feeling this way a lot this week too. To help with the anxiety I was feeling I got out some of my Eckhart Tolle audio books and have been listening a bit each day. Day 1 it stopped all the anxiety and now I'm just all lovely to the world. I really love Eckhart and his voice is ever so soothing. It is sad how easy it is for me to forget to be present when it makes everything in life feel so amazing.
                              PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

Back to the big nipples - I'm also noticing that my areola is getting darker! I was attributing it to the progesterone but if Gray and Derp are also noticing nipple changes then maybe it's down the the general hormonal impact of the Peat diet...
                                How infertile are you? This was the first sign I was pregnant.... plus a bit extra tired.
                                PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

Working...
                                X