No announcement yet.

This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga - awesome news that everything seems to be going your way! It must have been great to indulge without (physical or mental) discomfort. Also, I believe that positive energy can travel through people and in all parts of the body and life as well. When I'm in a good mood everything seems to click, and connections with other people in daily life are just better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      0.25mm

I use the DNS roller: bioGenesis DNS Roller - Derma Needling System Micro Needle Roller

I just use it on my scalp for better absorption of other topicals, and for circulation. For skin, my skin was already pretty good with no noticeable blemishes, so I can't say for this. Female friend of mine uses them for stretch marks, and says they've gotten noticeably better within about a month, and another friend says it's definitely working for his acne scars in about the same time. I personally use it every day, as part of my regimen. My hair has gotten unbelievably nice.

I used to use Beyond a Century pregnenolone powder, but they stopped making it for some reason. So, this became the next best thing: Pregnenolone Bulk Powder

Here is a good site for finding the best supplements with the fewest binders and fillers:

Food and supplements without toxic additives (Toxinless)

Oh, and I take 100mg a day with my coffee(lots of sugar)
      Did you buy directly from DNSLondon or elsewhere? (amazon only sell .5mm and that's too big for me. This model in particular is only 20 which is great!)

Great link for the supps! I've found this Swanson Ultra Super Strength Pregnenolone | 50mg, 60 Capsules - 6.41. Quite cheap and no crap. I'm still fearful of it causing acne (though I doubt it will) so maybe I'll try the roller for a few months first. (and wait to see what my bloods show on Tuesday and perhaps other things I should take instead)

Do your friends apply anything after rolling? One benefits of rolling is deeper absorption of topicals as you well know so perhaps it's a good idea to apply something like aloe after rolling?

Comment

• I bought mine off ebay for like 4 dollars a while ago.

Not sure about that pregnenolone since I saw: Other ingredients: Rice flour, gelatin, may contain one or both of the following: magnesium stearate, silica.

I don't even know what the fuck "may contain" means. Is it random? One pill might have it, the other won't? Or is it somehow cross-contaminated? Which seems unlikely. I'd stick with the powder, it's also a lot cheaper in the long run. It's unlikely, it'd have to be converted to androgens first.

Didn't ask, I think one uses a vitamin e, but aloe vera would probably help with the burning feeling.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Oh, and on acne, pregnenolone, as precursor, spares vitamin a, so this helps. Also, up vitamin a in general. When increasing metabolism, heat burns through vitamin a rather quickly, which is why some people claim to get acne from sugar
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• I think the "may contain" is to do with cross-contamination since these factories are producing a variety of supplements. They probably do random tests which shows trace amounts of 'X' so need to warn people. (again with contamination between batches and if the machinery wasn't cleaned enough or something)

My Vitamin A is at least 1000% Daily values. That doesn't mean much but it's usually 8000IU and that is mostly from sweet potatoes and dairy. That's an interesting take on the sugar causes acne! I can't recall how many sugar detoxes or no-sugar this week phases I went through, all which didn't help! (I'm very clear now and eat around 450g carbs from fruit) I'll keep eating them oysters, yo!

EDIT: I ate a raw carrot yesterday and this morning and guess what; I pooped! Lol, seriously it has already helped a bit which is such a relief.
            Last edited by Nstocks; 08-04-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              Pulp free OJ man.

Also, I'd totally give you a smile too babe
              Aw, thanks Derp

I'm working my way through the Peat literature on OJ... I really couldn't be bothered squeezing and straining.

Hey, do you think pregnenolone would be beneficial for me?

Originally posted by max219 View Post
              Yoga - awesome news that everything seems to be going your way! It must have been great to indulge without (physical or mental) discomfort. Also, I believe that positive energy can travel through people and in all parts of the body and life as well. When I'm in a good mood everything seems to click, and connections with other people in daily life are just better.
              Thanks Max It's true - relationships go a lot more easily when you're not living in your head. My motto at the moment is just "let it go". Are you away with your family yet?

Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
              EDIT: I ate a raw carrot yesterday and this morning and guess what; I pooped!
              <Sigh>. Nstocks, much as I love reading three pages of yourself and Derps' conversation in my journal... you might be better served having your own. I promise I'll come and give you advice in there. HINT HINT!
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Seeing healthy and happy YogaBare makes my heart warm and fuzzy.
                No, it's not the maple syrup and bananas I had at lunchtime
                Woman, you look awesome!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

<Sigh>. Nstocks, much as I love reading three pages of yourself and Derps' conversation in my journal... you might be better served having your own. I promise I'll come and give you advice in there. HINT HINT!
                  I know what you are sighing at, but be happy that I can poop!

I'll stop posting (my responses) in your journal - The only reason I did was because Zach asked me a question directly in here and it got responses. I felt it was pointless directing all these related questions to ANOTHER journal for poor Zach, Derp and others to figure out where the hell these questions/thoughts are going to end up. (and incidentally you also asked the questions that Derp posted responses to me for)

Hmm, perhaps just PM's from now. I'll see... Tuesday are bloods so they may have a story to tell.
                  Last edited by Nstocks; 08-04-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• I did go away with my family. Unfortunately I'm eating way more SAD than I'd like, but I am getting lots of sun and play. And yea, my motto too is just not to care about anything really. Less caring = less stress. Also, I found being more in tune with nature and less in tune with material things makes me feel a lot better also. (Tough when I live in NYC though!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
                      I think the "may contain" is to do with cross-contamination since these factories are producing a variety of supplements. They probably do random tests which shows trace amounts of 'X' so need to warn people. (again with contamination between batches and if the machinery wasn't cleaned enough or something)

My Vitamin A is at least 1000% Daily values. That doesn't mean much but it's usually 8000IU and that is mostly from sweet potatoes and dairy. That's an interesting take on the sugar causes acne! I can't recall how many sugar detoxes or no-sugar this week phases I went through, all which didn't help! (I'm very clear now and eat around 450g carbs from fruit) I'll keep eating them oysters, yo!

EDIT: I ate a raw carrot yesterday and this morning and guess what; I pooped! Lol, seriously it has already helped a bit which is such a relief.
                      Sometimes I need to get as much as 30,000IU a day, but I live in a hot place with a lot of sun. Plenty needs to be from retinol.

Power of the carrot!

Hey, do you think pregnenolone would be beneficial for me?
                      For relieving stress and brain fog, certainly.

Nstocks, you can always just direct questions to me on my journal. I'm subscribed there anyway.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• So much positivity going on right now and I agree that positivity lends itself to more. Or, in the least, it makes the lesser not seem so bad. <3
                        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                          Seeing healthy and happy YogaBare makes my heart warm and fuzzy.
                          No, it's not the maple syrup and bananas I had at lunchtime
                          Woman, you look awesome!!!!!
                          Haha Aw, thanks Gray <3 Feels so strange not to hate my body anymore.

Originally posted by max219 View Post
                          I did go away with my family. Unfortunately I'm eating way more SAD than I'd like, but I am getting lots of sun and play. And yea, my motto too is just not to care about anything really. Less caring = less stress. Also, I found being more in tune with nature and less in tune with material things makes me feel a lot better also. (Tough when I live in NYC though!)
                          I wouldn't worry about the SAD eating - a few weeks isn't going to harm you.

I missed that you're in NYC! I'm in the European equivalent (London), so I totally feel you. The way I manage is I spend a lot of time in parks (they're amazing here). And I generally avoid Central London, which is full of ostentatious wealth.

Btw - I meant to comment in your journal but I completely forgot - I watched your video - you're really good!

Originally posted by ombat View Post
                          So much positivity going on right now and I agree that positivity lends itself to more. Or, in the least, it makes the lesser not seem so bad. <3
                          Yeah, even with a positive mindset you still encounter negativity, but you're more inclined to see it differently. Unless you let the negativity knock you out of the good mindset, which can also happen. Some people think of that as being "tested", but I don't believe that the Universe is this cunning force, constantly forcing you to prove your worth.

Was about to start spouting off my theories but I'll leave it for now

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                          For relieving stress and brain fog, certainly.
                          Sold! I need that.

Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
                          I know what you are sighing at, but be happy that I can poop!

I'll stop posting (my responses) in your journal - The only reason I did was because Zach asked me a question directly in here and it got responses. I felt it was pointless directing all these related questions to ANOTHER journal for poor Zach, Derp and others to figure out where the hell these questions/thoughts are going to end up. (and incidentally you also asked the questions that Derp posted responses to me for)

Hmm, perhaps just PM's from now. I'll see... Tuesday are bloods so they may have a story to tell.
                          Aw, man I wasn't saying this to be mean. My perspective is that you obviously want advice, so why not just ask for it in one place, and update about yourself there? You know, like everyone else does? Zach and Derp's journals are unique because Zach's is specifically set up to answer questions, and Derp's is philosophical in nature. For a mere mortal like me, the journal is to get advice. Obviously people are welcome to have conversations and share, but it's poor social decorum to pop up, continually address a boat load of questions to other people, and then use it as an opportunity to update about yourself. Whilst completely ignoring the OP.

Please don't get in a huff that I'm saying this - like I said, I'm not trying to be mean, and if you started a journal I'd be the first one to give you feedback and advice. You'd probably find that you'd get a lot more support that way. Anyway, just IMO. <3
                          Last edited by YogaBare; 08-05-2013, 12:05 AM.
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• OH- JAY!

For anyone interested in learning more about Peat's views on OJ, this is a pretty good link.

The ideal is buy oranges and squeeze them yourself. Or, find out exactly how your brand of OJ has been processed / if they use fluorinated water etc. etc.

Personally I'm too in love with doing zero prep work for my food right now to consider the squeeze n' strain.

- Ray Peat

Comment

It can't just be placebo...?
                              I woke up exhausted this morning again, and remembered the Vitex. Took it, and 10 mins later am bounding around my house, getting ready to go for a run. Either this stuff is a miracle, or else I'm an impressionable dope. (We know what the anti-Peat people would say )
                              Dude, you're making me want to try Vitex!

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              But over the last two weeks, I'm suddenly getting an unmitigated amount of compliments and attention..! Friends are group-complimenting me, saying I look stunning (!), and loving what I'm wearing. It's like I've gone back in time.
                              Awww, that's cuz you are stunning!!!

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              I actually think it's cos' I'm feeling happier than I have in a long time, and that energy is attractive.

And of course... good feelings breed good feelings: I started to feel better, a few things in my life started to fall into place, I started to look better, I started to lose weight. Like attracts like.
                              It's great that you're feeling positive! Hopefully, I'll get there too one day. Pretty sure that it's not gonna happen until after I move to CA though. But I'm feeling more resolved and hopeful that it will actually happen!

My journal

Comment

I missed that you're in NYC! I'm in the European equivalent (London), so I totally feel you. The way I manage is I spend a lot of time in parks (they're amazing here). And I generally avoid Central London, which is full of ostentatious wealth.

Btw - I meant to comment in your journal but I completely forgot - I watched your video - you're really good!
                                Yea, I live in Queens, which is a borough outside of the city (Manhattan). So luckily there are some parks I go to pretty much everyday.

And thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X