This is not a lobe song

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
    Nstocks or anyone else with acne, i just came across someone advocating crushed up aspirin mixed with a tiny bit of water as the best acne treatment ever. Thought yall should give it a try.
    I actually tried that years ago but I'll give it another go tonight. I have only a couple of spots now - far less painful than they were on VLC + Meat. I also don't really get them on my jawline as much which is the area they constantly use to break out in! Any ideas for a blocked nose? I never get a cold so it could be hayfever . Right now I'm trying warm milk with turmeric and pepper. I also have Olbas (menthol) oil and a negative (ozone free) ion generator.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, it's due to beta carotene being a thyroid inhibitor, so wash the carrots thoroughly, grate them, and make sure you get plenty of b12 to help convert it to vitamin a
    I did not know that! I need to squeeze out most of the liquid too right? (which carried the Beta-carotene so I'm left with mostly fibre?) I'm eating a dozen fresh oyster a week. I'm looking forward to my bloods to see where my testosterone was at. I also eat a fair bit of goat cheese.

Comment

• How you feeling these days, N? Feeling anything with those oysters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
        how do you ride a bike in a mini-skirt?

My Vit D3 is in sunflower oil It's really small gelcap, however. 2000IU
        Years of practice

I wouldn't worry about the sunflower oil. It's not ideal, but I think such a small amount for a short period of time isn't going to harm you. You can buy olive oil ones next time! At least you have that option... I can't get those over here

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
        I don't drink, so all my dating (and sex) was/is done sober. now, DH and I have breakfast dates. Seriously. it's when the kid is in school and the business doesn't need us, so it's perfect.
        I'm Irish, so the sober dating thing is totally alien to me... Even the idea of getting to know someone slowly and naturally is quite strange. But it's what I need, for sure.

UUUUUUUUGH

Well, I feel like absolute shit today. It was the end of my cycle, so it's my fourth day of no Vitex or Duphaston or Progesterone oil. I was too tired to exercise yesterday, and then I completely crashed today

I guess this is evidence that my feeling good and having so much energy is more due to the progesterone than the woe.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• My doc told me to take Vitex all cycle long, by YMMV. I wonder if that would help?
          Depression Lies

Comment

How you feeling these days, N? Feeling anything with those oysters?
            I'm going to do a write-up on Tuesday, after I visit the Doctors to see what the blood tests show but here's the basics. Oh, and when I had the bloods drawn, shortly after I bruised quite badly. It's just starting to clear up and the family asked how I got it... I'm not telling them about the test so I just said I banged it at work. Apparently, bruises like that are due to the (poor) technique of the sampler. Hopefully the Doc will give me a copy of the tests, otherwise I'll nag the receptionist. I get the sense that he thinks I'm a hypochondriac and I just think about "health" because I only work 2 days a week... There's a reason I haven't bothered to get on with my life; I either feel ill or look ill which obviously effects confidence to go out and meet people etc.

I feel quite different from day to day. Sometimes I want to eat a lot, others like today, I don't want to eat at all (because I have a blocked up nose). Sometime eating hardly anything makes me feel better and I have a love/hate relationship with dairy. Libido is still low but if I "do it" everyday I can normally keep it up (no pun intended!) for a few days. I don't think I've consumed enough oysters for them to have any sort of effect. They are hard to find because the stores don't get many in and when they do, they sell out fast.

Energy is low after 10+ hours sleep. Dark circles are still present, feet are still cold though I took my temperature and it hasn't been below 36C for over a week (it use to be 35.5C upon waking up). I wake up some mornings and go for a run which is good but other than that I just can't be bothered to exercise. I'm outside in the garden a lot though. All of my joints ache too which isn't to do with my movements.

Always bloated and severely constipated. Very gross but I'm going to write it anyway - stools vary from the size of almonds to the size of brazil nuts. A few of these a day at most and not what I would consider remotely healthy.

I've recently stopped taking Ashwagandha because it doesn't make me feel any different. 3-4ml every morning for 2 weeks...

Mentally I feel like I'm just existing each week and nothing changes. (hence why I feel like an 80 year old man). I know I need to take action to change things and maybe this will change when I sell my car, but feeling how I do, nothing is important right now. (money doesn't make me happy either but it's a relief to know that in a few weeks time I'll no longer be paying 60/month for a car I use a few times a week. I don't plan on spending the money on anything in particular but I dream about just moving away, you know, like those friends you hear of but never imagine doing it yourself.)

Off Topic - I've realised that my whole family is obsessed with being fat and perhaps this is partly why I use to put so much attention on eating. My twin whom lives at home with us isn't obese, just chubby and yet he hasn't change anything in his diet. He goes to the gym 3 days a week for 2 hours as a way of justifying that he's trying to loose weight. My older brother is larger and whenever he comes home my Father (also dieting) always pushes junk food onto him. Literally shouting to him "Do you want this, or that, or these" as he to leaves the house. Mother is also on a diet and lost 6lbs in 6 months. (Father lost 20bs though he's 22 stone). My eldest brother is also big, but bulky, not fat and works out a lot. He paid for surgery to have his "boobs" removed when he was my age. Both other Brothers have "boobs" and my twin really hates them but again, doesn't really do anything to try and change. If we all stood in a line, you'd never guess I'm related to any of the males of my family, body composition wise.

Part of me hopes that there is something 'major' in my bloods to indicate something being wrong. I've felt like something has been wrong with me for over 4 years (which is why I went Primal). Not sure what it is, but often I just feel like taking some kind of drug to make me better because eating healthy hasn't done shit. (nor does eating junk) The other lifestyle factors don't make much difference either so I think it's more a a career/life thing and wanting to live away from home and be a "grown-up". (But honestly, loads of people my age and older still live at home due to money, some just get lucky I guess or have good contacts)

How about you Zach?
            Last edited by Nstocks; 08-02-2013, 09:18 AM. Reason: Other realisations

Comment

Nstocks or anyone else with acne, i just came across someone advocating crushed up aspirin mixed with a tiny bit of water as the best acne treatment ever. Thought yall should give it a try.
              Mix that up with some B3, maybe some C, and you've got yourself a killer there, really.

Yoges, re: feeling like shit, I completely empathize. I'm due to start my cycle next week and I'm already dreading the brain fog, fatigue, etc. if Name takes Vitex during her cycle I wonder if you should try it and see if it helps. Hell, I might even buy some to take solely on those first few days.

And sounds like you had an awesome time on your date. Most of my first time experiences with people have been sober or at least very close to it (like one drink, hours before) since I wasn't drinking for a while... Didn't bother me.
              Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                My doc told me to take Vitex all cycle long, by YMMV. I wonder if that would help?
                Really? I wasn't sure. I'll try that! My period only lasted for one full day on this cycle too, which I'm not too happy about. Don't think it's a great omen of fertility!

Originally posted by ombat View Post
                Yoges, re: feeling like shit, I completely empathize. I'm due to start my cycle next week and I'm already dreading the brain fog, fatigue, etc. if Name takes Vitex during her cycle I wonder if you should try it and see if it helps. Hell, I might even buy some to take solely on those first few days.

And sounds like you had an awesome time on your date. Most of my first time experiences with people have been sober or at least very close to it (like one drink, hours before) since I wasn't drinking for a while... Didn't bother me.
                Yeah.. it was cool It's just nice to meet someone I'm actually interested in. I haven't since I met the Austrian guy.

Seriously, there must be some way of having a period that doesn't involve this level of fatigue? I feel like a sloth for not exercising for two days.

However,

I did just take some progress pics, and I am really pleased with the difference I'm made to my body in two weeks!

This was from a fortnight ago:
                http://i.imgur.com/bA2yngz.jpg

And this is today:
                http://i.imgur.com/rPOVTKH.jpg

Return of the waist! There's an improvement in other areas too. And a huge improvement since the May pics (which will never see the light of day )

I'm actually back at the size I was in November, right before my relapse into ED-land became really severe. I'm still about 10 lbs away from where I was last July. It seems like a huge amount, but at least I'm finally making progress!
                Last edited by YogaBare; 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM.
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
                  I'm going to do a write-up on Tuesday, after I visit the Doctors to see what the blood tests show but here's the basics. Oh, and when I had the bloods drawn, shortly after I bruised quite badly. It's just starting to clear up and the family asked how I got it... I'm not telling them about the test so I just said I banged it at work. Apparently, bruises like that are due to the (poor) technique of the sampler. Hopefully the Doc will give me a copy of the tests, otherwise I'll nag the receptionist. I get the sense that he thinks I'm a hypochondriac and I just think about "health" because I only work 2 days a week... There's a reason I haven't bothered to get on with my life; I either feel ill or look ill which obviously effects confidence to go out and meet people etc.

I feel quite different from day to day. Sometimes I want to eat a lot, others like today, I don't want to eat at all (because I have a blocked up nose). Sometime eating hardly anything makes me feel better and I have a love/hate relationship with dairy. Libido is still low but if I "do it" everyday I can normally keep it up (no pun intended!) for a few days. I don't think I've consumed enough oysters for them to have any sort of effect. They are hard to find because the stores don't get many in and when they do, they sell out fast.

Energy is low after 10+ hours sleep. Dark circles are still present, feet are still cold though I took my temperature and it hasn't been below 36C for over a week (it use to be 35.5C upon waking up). I wake up some mornings and go for a run which is good but other than that I just can't be bothered to exercise. I'm outside in the garden a lot though. All of my joints ache too which isn't to do with my movements.

Always bloated and severely constipated. Very gross but I'm going to write it anyway - stools vary from the size of almonds to the size of brazil nuts. A few of these a day at most and not what I would consider remotely healthy.

I've recently stopped taking Ashwagandha because it doesn't make me feel any different. 3-4ml every morning for 2 weeks...

Mentally I feel like I'm just existing each week and nothing changes. (hence why I feel like an 80 year old man). I know I need to take action to change things and maybe this will change when I sell my car, but feeling how I do, nothing is important right now. (money doesn't make me happy either but it's a relief to know that in a few weeks time I'll no longer be paying 60/month for a car I use a few times a week. I don't plan on spending the money on anything in particular but I dream about just moving away, you know, like those friends you hear of but never imagine doing it yourself.)

Off Topic - I've realised that my whole family is obsessed with being fat and perhaps this is partly why I use to put so much attention on eating. My twin whom lives at home with us isn't obese, just chubby and yet he hasn't change anything in his diet. He goes to the gym 3 days a week for 2 hours as a way of justifying that he's trying to loose weight. My older brother is larger and whenever he comes home my Father (also dieting) always pushes junk food onto him. Literally shouting to him "Do you want this, or that, or these" as he to leaves the house. Mother is also on a diet and lost 6lbs in 6 months. (Father lost 20bs though he's 22 stone). My eldest brother is also big, but bulky, not fat and works out a lot. He paid for surgery to have his "boobs" removed when he was my age. Both other Brothers have "boobs" and my twin really hates them but again, doesn't really do anything to try and change. If we all stood in a line, you'd never guess I'm related to any of the males of my family, body composition wise.

Part of me hopes that there is something 'major' in my bloods to indicate something being wrong. I've felt like something has been wrong with me for over 4 years (which is why I went Primal). Not sure what it is, but often I just feel like taking some kind of drug to make me better because eating healthy hasn't done shit. (nor does eating junk) The other lifestyle factors don't make much difference either so I think it's more a a career/life thing and wanting to live away from home and be a "grown-up". (But honestly, loads of people my age and older still live at home due to money, some just get lucky I guess or have good contacts)

How about you Zach?
                  Nstocks, have you thought about starting your own journal? It sounds like you've got a lot of stuff to process. I've found it really helpful in venting, getting advice, taking note of different things, etc.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• You look great to me in both photos, but we are our own worst critics and all that jazz.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Isn't it great to not be completely put off by someone? I like that...

So what do you think? Vitex during those few days? I'll try it with you.

Damn gurl, I can see improvements! And especially from months ago. Not that you neeeeded improving, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                        Nstocks, have you thought about starting your own journal? It sounds like you've got a lot of stuff to process. I've found it really helpful in venting, getting advice, taking note of different things, etc.
                        I have though about it, but then I'd probably end up spending too much time on here. I also don't really have much advice to give other, so it would be a somewhat selfish journal! I keep a digital journal that nobody sees and I find that VERY useful. Even just make quick notes like how my meal was is a relief.

Forgot to add: Teeth are very sensitive. Just now I ate some honey but immediately needed to rinse mouth with water. Brushing teeth is might I say, painful! I had a dental check-up 2 weeks ago and everything is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          You look great to me in both photos, but we are our own worst critics and all that jazz.
                          Thanks Tash <3

Originally posted by ombat View Post
                          Isn't it great to not be completely put off by someone? I like that...

So what do you think? Vitex during those few days? I'll try it with you.

Damn gurl, I can see improvements! And especially from months ago. Not that you neeeeded improving, of course.
                          Hah Well, I think if you're put off by little things a person does, it means you don't really dig them. The last guy I dated properly was in December, and we had loads in common and got on well but he was so.... letchery. Even though he was attractive I guess I wasn't that attracted to him, or it wouldn't have bothered me. Or it could have been because of my hangups in that area, and I just wasn't ready to start dating again.

I'm going to start back on the Vitex now! I was taking it twice a day. I definitely recommend taking it, but without knowing your exact issues it's hard to know if it will help you. Nameless has low prog too. I know I've said this to you but GETYOURHORMONESCHECKED!

And, thank you That means a lot.

Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
                          I have though about it, but then I'd probably end up spending too much time on here. I also don't really have much advice to give other, so it would be a somewhat selfish journal! I keep a digital journal that nobody sees and I find that VERY useful. Even just make quick notes like how my meal was is a relief.
                          Journals are for receiving advice dude!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• IVEHADMYHORMONESCHECKEDWOMAN they were normal! A little low on estrogen but it was a few days into my cycle when estrogen should be lower anyway. When I go to get my IUD inserted *shudders* I'll ask about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
                              And, you knooow -- Batty, YB -- I think we've been spending too much time together. We're all due for our TOM at the same time, which is freaky :P lol. I already said this in COY, but yeah, my fatigue has been unbearable. Don't feel bad, though. Your energy will pop right back once the cycle is over.
                              Oh god we're starting to sync up. Thats how you know our connection is so strong <3

I really would like to figure out how to minimize those symptoms, though. Its not really prudent to just sit back and let it happen when the first three days of my cycle are the three days that I work at my internship out of the week. Multiple times this has happened. I basically just sit at my desk and scratch a pen up and down on a blank piece of paper until it tears for six hours.

Comment

• Hey, YB, you look gooooood!!! And there's definitely an improvement--it's actually a huge improvement considering that it's only been two weeks! I don't even think you need to lose weight. Neither does yoga guy, I'm sure. And it's awesome that you enjoy his company!

I've had experiences both sober and drunk. The best people are the ones you feel comfortable with while sober (or, relatively sober, at least ).

My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X