Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see you back .

New job sounds good, I'm guessing there will be less time available for forum browsing on the job with this one?? . Sucks that the shoulder is still giving you so much grief. I'd have it looked at again, though you didn't seem to really like the cortisone shots before, maybe they can recommend some other treatment?

As for food and drink, well, look at it each day at a time, and work at making the best choices most of the time. That could work better for you than aiming for full on perfection, and beating yourself up for choosing otherwise here and there. Bring the 60/40 (or 50/50 or whatever it has been lately) back closer to the 80/20 for now.

Sending positive vibes for the finalization of the house sale.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• are you already getting acupuncture for your shoulder?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
        to be honest, I'm about as far away from primal as possible some days so i feel a bit fraudulent being here at all. I try to be good, but I have a lot of slips.
        It happens...

Originally posted by Suse View Post
        so i'm into my 2nd week of new job. it is going to be really interesting...
        Good

the fireman is currently snoring in the next bedroom... seriously I sometimes wonder how I will cope being away with him for a month when we go to europe in september. trying to plan our trip, which way to fly there and back is causing all the issues at the mo.
        Wait! You're going to Europe in September???? Where??

it is 4.30 am and of course i cant sleep. too many wines again. it was supposedd to be an alcohol free night last night, but I succumbed to temptation. bloody hopeless. I will aim for an AF day tomorrow.
        I agree with Greensprout, a day at a time, try for 60:40 instead of aiming for 100% and feeling like you failed if you don't meet it.

sale of my mothers house should settle on friday... bloody well hope so, was supposed to settle last friday but there was a miscommunication between lawyers. tsk.
        Hope it settles on Friday
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey Suse!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new job. Don't hide away just because you're not being primal - we don't read your journal to judge what you're eating and drinking, we just wanna see how you are.

Good luck on the settlement - about bloody time eh?
          My Journal

Comment

• ok my friends, I'm here and it is time for an update. Grab a coffee!

So I think I've been at the new job for 2 months now. I'm starting to settle in and feel more comfortable. It's good, interesting. My god, I used to be a payroll manager and knew people got some big salaries but now I realise there are so many on really BIG salaries. fascinating. Anyway clearly I am not one of them.

Yes we are off to europe in september. We are going to England for a wedding and then we will do a week in southern france (around Valbonne... we've just booked a gorgeous villa) and sort of tiki tour around that whole area, do a day trip to monaco, check out nice, st tropez, antibes, cannes, and lots of lovely little provencal villages and of course drink wine. After the week in southern france, we are going to paris for 4 nights (with a day trip to Reims for a lot of champagne tasting i hope) and then catch the eurostar back to london where we will stay at a super flash hotel and then fly to Rarotonga for 3 nights rest and relaxation on the way home! Sounds great doesnt it. I'm really looking forward to it more and more as we get bits booked and organised. We are actually upgrading with our airpoints coming back so will be in premium economy london to LA and then business class LA to rarotonga... which I'm really pleased about as it is going to be a really long day that one.. we literally stop off in LA for 3 hours before the raro leg. ooooh I'll be a nasty wreck I think when we get to raro but I'll survive if the sun is shining and I can lie by the pool all day!!!

in terms of my little primal adventure, hmmmm I confess I am totally off the wagon in everything at the moment, or at least that is how it feels. A lot of bread creep, and I have been eating chocolate and/or sweet stuff every day at work in the afternoon - although having said that I turned down bread today at lunch and I didnt eat any sweet stuff this afternoon. I think I probably just need it to keep the brain in gear. Also, i am biting my nails again... right down to the quick, ouch painful but I just dont seem to be able to stop. grrr.

I honestly cant think of what else I've been up to lately. oh yes, I have become a british citizen so that I can get a brit passport for my holiday... thanks mum for being born in England. I'm off to sydney to catch up with a girlfriend for easter and then 2 weeks later I am going to Brisbane to catch up with the fireman who is going over for a week to see his parents, so I will just do the weekend.

my mum's house did settle finally so that is that little saga over with thankfully.

I'm still a booze hag but have noticed that we havent been buying as much lately so perhaps I'm easing up a little. Just had 2 alcohol free days which was needed I think. The fireman is going in for a little op tomorrow to check out his nasal passages and see if they can find out where the snoring is coming from, so we decided we would just have a few quiet days not drinking.

My fur babies are still adorable and I love them to bits. still naughty, I think Leo might be going deaf actually. either that or he really does have selected hearing.

ok well I think that's all for now. sorry i've been gone so long, but nights lately have been taken up with researching the trip etc.

I'm going to try and get back to being primal (famous last words)
            PS you know that kettle ball... relegated to the garage... havent used it bloody hopeless!!!

Comment

• oh how I hear you greensprout. If there is a part open bottle of wine in the fridge there is no way that baby is not gonna be finished :-)

Comment

• I'm glad you're starting to settle into your new job
                Your Europe trip sounds wonderful!! (I've never been)
                I wonder why you've been biting your nails again???

I'm still a booze hag
                This made me smile

PS you know that kettle ball... relegated to the garage... havent used it bloody hopeless!!!
                Hahahahaha!
                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• well I've still been completely useless on food front. However since lunch today, I have decided that I will fast until tomorrow breakfast. It certainly wont hurt me, and it will be good to have an alcohol free night too... as I had a few too many last night with a girlfriend. I also ate a whole bag of pineapple lumps yesterday, god they were good but ohhhhhhhhhhhh soooo very bad for me... no wonder I felt sickly and bloated.

i feel like I could be on the cusp of starting some boot camp again. my friend is doing an indoor bootcamp which is just up the road. I think that appeals more than being outside on a cold wet day. we'll see. still got the shoulder issue, but really I need to harden up and stop using that as an excuse.

I must get on to iherb and order some fish oil and other assorted stuff. havent placed an order for an age and we're outta stock of all my trusty supplements.

I see the spammers are still alive and kicking above!!

Comment

• 3 weeks since I last posted. I've really become quite hopeless this year.

Went to sydney for Easter and brought back heinous gastric bug. Only positive from that was turning a 4 day weekend into a 6 day weekend and the loss of 1.5kgs.

Had to take leo to the vet today, he was crying all through the night, and i mean crying, as opposed to little woofs that he does when he has an upset tum and needs to go out. I just couldnt figure out what was wrong with him. Anyway the vet thinks he may have slipped a disc or pulled a muscle in his neck. So he's on some relaxants and stuff for a few days to see if that makes him a bit more comfy. Of course, you'd never know there was anything wrong with him really, he's his usual happy self today - whereas I am completely knackered after getting up every couple of hours to see what the hell was wrong with him.

The fireman has gone to Brisbane to see his parents for a week today so that will be a good chance for me to get stuff done (famous last words) I'm going to go over next weekend and meet him there for the weekend. That will be nice as we really havent been oursselves this week, as I just kept him at arms length all week so he didnt end up with my gastro bug. And I was a pretty miserable patient as well. Strangely though, he managed to pull a muscle in his neck this morning as well, he was just doing a stretch and a yawn and he felt it pop, so he wasnt too happy when I dropped him at the airport.

Have just washed the doggies, I would walk them, but Leo is on rest for a week, no walking as he is a puller and it will put stress on his neck.

I cant think of anything else exciting happening in my life right now. sorry, I'm a bit boring of late. next update likely to be another 3 weeks.

Comment

• Hey Suse, I hope you and the Fireman and Leo all feel better soon!
                      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                        Hey Suse, I hope you and the Fireman and Leo all feel better soon!
                        +1

How is everyone??
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• everyone is well again!!! :-) I'm off to brisbane tomorrow so the doggies will be going to puppy prison for the weekend.

I've had a good week, made inroads into not biting my nails.... I think it has been about 6 days since i had a nibble. V good sue.

and gasp, shock, horror.... I pulled the kettleball out of the garage and dusted it off and have used it... every day this week. Ok I confess I am only doing about 1 minute with it, but hey its a start.

I had toast for my breakfast this morning... hmmm the whiffy smells coming from my rear end is telling me that wasnt a good idea.

Comment

• hello, yes it's me. I keep thinking i need to get back into checking in here regularly but I've lost my way. I feel stressed and just feel that I dont have time. I wish I had more to tell you all but really it's much of the same that I've been talking about for the last year. Still family issues with my mum and brothers (just had a trip to the beach for the long weekend to sort out some shit). My eating habits are apalling of late. I am as far away from primal as it seems possible to be and I really hate it. I really want to be a healthier person.

aside from all that, I'm pretty happy. work is ok. fireman and I are still happy. i know, boring update. Just letting you know I'm still alive.

Comment

• glad to hear, though!

Comment

• Far from primal isn't a bad thing if you and yours are happy. I
                                Not primal anymore either really although I still eat real food. I can't stay away from here though because of my peeps. You should stick around for the same reason.
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X