Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    got on the scales at home this morning and am thrilled to report that finally I am back down below 54kg - 53.9 to be exact! 21.9bf. Very pleasing.
    Good on you!

Originally posted by Suse View Post
    We were celebrating too as we have paid off our mortgage.
    That is definitely worth celebrating - Congratulations!

Originally posted by Suse View Post
    So all in all, things are looking pretty good in my life at the mo.
    Excellent.
    My Journal

Comment

• hmmm well the scales didnt like me as much this morning but I'm not worried about it. My stomach feels flat which is good.

Got home last night and didnt feel like a wine !!! Gasp, shock, horror. However I did have a small glass with my dinner which was a burger patty with egg, bacon and salad. Nice and healthy. I did have a couple of biscuits at morning tea yesterday which someone had brought in but other than that and a couple of licorice allsorts I was pretty good.

Off to sydney this afternoon, so there is no point in pretending I'm going to be good. However, I dont plan on being bad We are booked into a seafood restaurant for dinner tomorrow night so perhaps I'll have a nice piece of freshly seared tuna.... ooooh think of all those omega 3's! My biggest worry for the weekend is of course sleeping all night with the fireman. I've got my earplugs and my ear pyjamas (like a little fleece headband with flat speakers in it that i plug into my ipod - more comfy than putting in earbuds) with my hypnosis track on it, and if all else fails, I listen to Enya which I find quite relaxing. I'll probably be out for a run with the fireman this time tomorrow... for some reason we always do that when we go away! Anyway, YAY. Was feeling quite excited about doing some shopping but then had the thought that anything I buy there I need to add 25% to for the exchange rate. damn, might not buy much at all.

Comment

Got home last night and didnt feel like a wine !!! Gasp, shock, horror. However I did have a small glass with my dinner which was a burger patty with egg, bacon and salad.
        The horror!!!
        I'm glad you fought it and were able to have a glass with supper!
        Imagine supper without wine

Have a great time in Sydney!
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Well back from sydney, had a great time but am exhausted. We were lucky with the weather, it was lovely. Arrived on the friday night in time for drinks and canapes in the hotel lounge (awesome views over Opera House and Harbour bridge), then went for a bit of a wander round the city, found a bar and had a beer (as surprisingly, for me anyway, I didnt feel like a wine) Didnt sleep very well due to the firemans snoring so we were up early and went for a run over the harbour bridge. Back to the hotel lounge for a big breakfast - I really have a weakness when confronted with croissants, seriously it is the one thing I just cannot say no to!!! Decided we would go to Bondi beach as I'd never been there. It was funny, bondi had its own little climate happening, the sun was shining (and boy on the white sand it was really bright) but if you looked either side the skies were black with rain clouds! Decided to head back to the city (and luckily the sun followed us) and the fireman left me to do some shopping. I've lost my mojo, I could not find a thing to buy, or even try on. Admittedly I was feeling very tired though. So I trudged back to the hotel and decided that what I needed was a bath and a glass of champagne (yeah that free minibar was calling me again) Needless to say (and this was the plan) the bath/champagne put me straight to sleep for an hour which was just what I needed to kick start me for the evening. Sooo off to the lounge for more drinks/canapes while enjoying the stunning views Caught a taxi to Darling harbour for dinner with friends as it was just too far to walk in high heels I decided and we went to seafood restaurant for dinner... which was fairly average, nothing wrong with it, just not that great for what you paid. However, we had a prime spot at the front so the people watching was just excellent and then at about 10 they had a big fireworks display which was pretty cool. all in all it was a great night. Sunday I didnt get up and go for a run, my legs were sore and I was really really tired A lot more walking done though during the day, had another crack at shopping (fail) and then more or less time to come home.

When I dropped the dogs off at the kennel on friday they cried again when I left. That worries me a bit. I mean they really howled, perhaps they dont like the kennel. I wish I could speak "dog". Anyway off to pick them up shortly so I'll give them double cuddles.

Anyway I definitely didnt eat primally for the weekend but will try and get back on the wagon now. Not really helping that I am eating toblerone chocs though is it?

Comment

• by the way, I'm going to try and be good all this week. I've got a plan. The fireman is going away tomorrow until Sunday. We've already planned an AF day today. I'm definitely thinking of going AF all week (although that could be tricky as I'm planning on catching up with a few friends and a convivial wine is always on the cards... hmmm need to think that one through a bit) Anyway, I'm also planning on exercising... I might try and get up early and take the dogs for a run, and definitely some healthy eating, and possibly an IF is on the cards as well.

Comment

• Good luck!
              My Journal

Comment

• Sydney sounds fabulous. Glad you had a great weekend.

Ditto on the good luck with intentions for an AF week...I'm sort of due for one of those myself. What was that old saying..."the road to hell is paved with good intentions" or something like that ...ah well, here's to good intentions.
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                  Sydney sounds fabulous. Glad you had a great weekend.

Ditto on the good luck with intentions for an AF week...I'm sort of due for one of those myself. What was that old saying..."the road to hell is paved with good intentions" or something like that ...ah well, here's to good intentions.
                  I'll drink to that. hahahahahahaha

Comment

• Sydney sounds wonderful. I'm overdue for a trip that has nothing to do with kids/grandkids and everything to do with drinking, laughing and sex. Preferably all at once . Jealous!!
                    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• I'll climb on the wagon with you girls. I have been drinking way too much tequila recently! I have a Christmas function on the 23rd (and my final exam) so no more booze till then for me.
                      My Journal

Comment

I'll drink to that. hahahahahahaha
                        "Cheers to the freaking weekend, I'll drink to that, yeah, yeah..." (Rhiannon)

Oh wait, it's Sunday night...
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• ok well 1st night down. I do have a plan in my head to NOT drink tonight (I've decided to work on one day at a time!) However my plan will probably be derailed as the fireman's daughter is moving in with us for a little while...from tomorrow! hmmm.... thanks for the warning, here I was looking forward to a nice week to myself while the fireman is in Brisbane and now I have FD (firemans' daughter) to join me. I'm ok about it, actually I'm more ok with it than the fireman Anyway, as you can imagine, it could well drive me to drink.

Back on the potential job front, I have a semi-interview on Thursday. I've already had a semi-interview with another person in the firm! Sounds kind of loose for a very professional global organisation doesnt it! I'm sure there'll be a more rigid process after this if it goes well. In many ways I kind of like the idea of it being a bit more casual like this... You can get a feel for the people you'd be working with over a coffee and a chat (thursday is actually a lunch meeting) In this instance, I already know one person in the (basically) 3 person team (she put me forward for it) so that kind of makes life a bit easier. Anyway, will spill the beans once I know more.

Comment

• Good luck with the semi-interview.

Stay strong with the no-booze pact! Although I empathise, Pete's kids would drive me to drink if they were staying here.
                            My Journal

Comment

• hmmm well ok my alcohol free tuesday was a fail. I got home from work and promptly poured myself a glass of water. Good! But then I sat down to watch a pile of programmes I had taped and just felt like a glass of wine. So I did. And I didnt eat as good as I could have either. But it was a nice lazy night at home on my own (soon to change) watching exactly what I wanted to watch... Masterchef UK, couple of episodes of Survivor Sth Pacific, Fashion Police Bliss! Gave myself a pedicure while I was at it!

We'll see how tonight goes.

Comment

• aaaaaggghhhhhhh
                                I just had to get that off my chest. Fucking brothers. They really piss me off sometimes. I wont bore you with the details. suffice to say I feel like going to the pub at LUNCHTIME thats how annoyed they make me. I wont by the way

Comment

Working...
                                X