• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    I'll never give up the wine
    And we would never "make" you

Originally posted by Suse View Post
    but strangely I looked in the mirror this morning and quite liked what I saw! Weird... there really is just no knowing how the brain/eye connection works, why do I look good today and not others? Got the tape measure out and the waist line has dropped back to 29 inches again so happy about that.
    I know. I can't figure mine out either...
    But I do know that it is useless to go shopping for eyeglasses unless you love what your hair is doing...

Congrats on the smaller waist!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
    Nice Yeah, funny how the mind works sometimes. Each of us probably looks pretty much the same every day to others, regardless of how we see ourselves that day, when you think about it. At least that's how I see most of the people around me. Though it gets me wondering sometimes when someone says "hey, you look really great today", and some inside voice is saying "so does that mean I look like crap the rest of the time??". Just a thought. No idea what that means.
    I wonder that too...

Sent my brother a big email yesterday, will be interesting to see if he responds. Was having a chat with my friends last night about all this mum/brother/lawyer biz. I said I just cant fight all the battles together, i have to pick and choose and prioritise what is most important. There is a part of me that just feels like rolling over and saying 'oh someone else look after it' but if I do that, nothing will happen. But I do not intend to let it stress me out. That is definite.
    Good. Don't let the stress get you!.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• nice, 29 inches. can't go wrong.

and i wouldn't force you off wine. though funny, i was looking at grabone and they had 6 bottles of local aromatics (whites), and i use those a lot in cooking, and it was $57 and i was like -- what if Suse and i went in together, because i certainly couldn't use 6 bottles very quickly. LOL

Comment

• haha, trouble is 6 wines disappear too quickly in this house!

Comment

• Yesterday I ended up having a yummy cumin chicken and spinach salad for lunch. The fireman came into town and we had a two for one voucher at Wagamama's that we used. (I also had a choc bar after lunch - doh) So last night I decided I didnt really need dinner, had some rice crackers and dip and a glass of wine and that was about it. I have 3 nights in a row where I have had the most excellent sleeps. Really deep sleeps, when I wake up I'm sure its the middle of the night but its nearly time for my alarm to go off so thats pretty good. Maybe it helps getting to bed a bit later (well at least lights out - has been about 11pm the last 3 nights)

Scales this morning 54kg, 22.1 bf. not unhappy about that, said to the fireman I'd really like to be about 20bf but lets get real, I'm just not doing anything to achieve that goal am I? Lately I havent looked in the mirror though and thought yuk so things are on the up.

Off to a wedding at the bay of islands tomorrow, well rather wedding is saturday, but taking day off tomorrow to drive up at a leisurely pace. Yay for days off!

Comment

• right I've just had lunch, paella cause its easy, actually a half/half mix of paella with a vegetable gratin. Busy work day, lots of brain power required for end of tax year. Now if I can just avoid the vending machine and chocolate this afternoon I'll be doing well! Dont hold your breath on that one... I do expect to be here a little later today to ensure everything is tidied up before I have a day off tomorrow. Just enjoying a proper break now before the next onslaught.

Have to take the doggies to the pet hotel in the morning.. starr has been gnawing at her leg and there's a little raw patch. I finally found the elisabethan collar to put on her this morning, well she freaked out. Of course she cant get her bearings, and keeps walking into things with the collar so was terrified and yelping. I asked the fireman to keep an eye on her and if she got too freaked to take it off. He rang me and said she was sitting under the deck and clearly didnt want to move so he took the collar off so she could have a bit of a run round and get a drink. She is such a drama queen that dog. Leo doesnt like the collar either if he has to wear it, but he doesnt make a song and dance about it. You'd think the way she carries on I was the evil bitch from hell

Comment

I have 3 nights in a row where I have had the most excellent sleeps. Really deep sleeps, when I wake up I'm sure its the middle of the night but its nearly time for my alarm to go off so thats pretty good. Maybe it helps getting to bed a bit later (well at least lights out - has been about 11pm the last 3 nights)
              This is great!

Lately I havent looked in the mirror though and thought yuk so things are on the up.
              This is also great!

Off to a wedding at the bay of islands tomorrow, well rather wedding is saturday, but taking day off tomorrow to drive up at a leisurely pace. Yay for days off!
              Have a wonderful time!

starr has been gnawing at her leg and there's a little raw patch. I finally found the elisabethan collar to put on her this morning, well she freaked out. Of course she cant get her bearings, and keeps walking into things with the collar so was terrified and yelping. I asked the fireman to keep an eye on her and if she got too freaked to take it off. He rang me and said she was sitting under the deck and clearly didnt want to move so he took the collar off so she could have a bit of a run round and get a drink. She is such a drama queen that dog. Leo doesnt like the collar either if he has to wear it, but he doesnt make a song and dance about it. You'd think the way she carries on I was the evil bitch from hell
              Poor Starr

Although the Drama Queen comment made me smile
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

right I've just had lunch, paella cause its easy, actually a half/half mix of paella with a vegetable gratin. Busy work day, lots of brain power required for end of tax year. Now if I can just avoid the vending machine and chocolate this afternoon I'll be doing well! Dont hold your breath on that one... I do expect to be here a little later today to ensure everything is tidied up before I have a day off tomorrow. Just enjoying a proper break now before the next onslaught.
                Good luck with that...
                And enjoy your weekend getaway!

You'd think the way she carries on I was the evil bitch from hell
                Heheheh. You bad lady, you
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

I have 3 nights in a row where I have had the most excellent sleeps. Really deep sleeps, when I wake up I'm sure its the middle of the night but its nearly time for my alarm to go off so thats pretty good.
                  It seems to be going around, I've been the same the last 2 nights, just dead to the world and waking up in the same position I fell asleep. It feels great eh?!

Scales this morning 54kg, 22.1 bf. not unhappy about that, said to the fireman I'd really like to be about 20bf but lets get real, I'm just not doing anything to achieve that goal am I? Lately I havent looked in the mirror though and thought yuk so things are on the up.
                  I'd be pretty happy with that too, the %age I mean, not the weight, at 5'10' I'd be in serious trouble if I weighed 54kg! There also seems to be a common sense of positivity going around, you, me and Diana Renata, all looking in the mirror and thinking good thoughts. This is the best news I reckon.

Leo doesnt like the collar either if he has to wear it, but he doesnt make a song and dance about it. You'd think the way she carries on I was the evil bitch from hell
                  I'm always fascinated by the different personalities dogs can have. Charlie is a bit of a drama queen too, although his adventure on Monday seems to have had a calming influence on him. I think he got the crap frightened out of him and is now just really happy to be home and safe. He's not barking and whining so much and he's not throwing himself at the back door anymore either. I guess the back yard doesn't seem so bad in comparison to the open bush.
                  Last edited by NourishedEm; 03-31-2011, 02:46 AM.
                  My Journal

Comment

• I'm always fascinated by the different personalities dogs can have. Charlie is a bit of a drama queen too, although his adventure on Monday seems to have had a calming influence on him. I think he got the crap frightened out of him and is now just really happy to be home and safe. He's not barking and whining so much and he's not throwing himself at the back door anymore either. I guess the back yard doesn't seem so bad in comparison to the open bush.
                    could be, or could be that he's been out in the big wide world and realises hey its not so bad out here. I am glad he is safe and sound and happy to be home though! Now if this was leo, he would be getting geared up for his next adventure, he'd be eyeing the gate for the slightest hint that someone will leave it open for a split second and he'd be off! ratbag.

I've had a nice weekend away but have made a few bad choices food wise... however fireman is away this week so I will pull my head in.

The wedding we went to on saturday in the bay of islands was lovely, just a small affair but the weather was perfect. It was a long day though, with ceremony at 11am, lunch at 12.30 and then just sitting round drinking by the pool until about 7ish. I kept my wine intake at a reasonable level, never felt out of control, plenty of water. It probably helped that I had started the day with a minor headache so that made me pace myself. I had the bread and dips before my main course cause I was getting a bit hungry. Not a lot, but nonetheless, I confess it was bread. and to make matters even worse,we had a pizza for our dinner last night. sleep bit of a mixed bag because of course I had to sleep with the fireman all night in the same bed. Last night we got up at 3am to drive back to auckland cause teh fireman is off to visit his parents in aussie. so although we went to bed at 8.30 and managed nearly 6 hrs sleep and I had about an hour in the car I feel a bit wrecked and looking in the mirror confirms it. I can feel some zits wanting to make an appearance as well - nice. blah. so I intend to be nice to myself this week and do some nice skin treatments and sleep well and eat well and be looking lovely and healthy by next friday when i fly over to brisbane to join the fireman for the weekend! Yes I am even contemplating exercise... maybe not today but I will endeavour to do something this week!

It is another beautiful day here today and I am going to make the most of it, even though I am tempted to go back to bed for an hour or 2. Thank god for daylight saving ending, and having that extra hour last night, and tonight it will be darker earlier so I'll be happy to get to bed early.

Comment

• Zits are probably due to the bread, a week of clean eating will sort you right out. I went to a wedding once where the only food they served during pre-dinner drinks was bread and dips. I got hammered because I was drinking and didn't want to touch the gluten! A little bread is probably better than getting stonkered.
                      My Journal

Comment

• I've been very good today. I had bacon and eggs and a sweet potato hashbrown for breakfast! I've made a nice spicy thai pumpkin soup for my lunches this week. I skipped lunch today though and I've just had an early dinner, fish, which I coated in almond flour and a wild basil mix. with a nice spinach salad with a bit of everything thrown in, grated carrot and beetroot, mushroom, red and yellow pepper, feta. and just because I was having such a healthy meal, I had a dozen oven baked fries for good measure! and you'll be pleased to know that I am having an alcohol free day! about bloody time eh!

Have picked up the doggies from the kennels, they are always super excited to see me. I love that. we sat out in the sun on the deck and I gave them both a good brushing. I think we both enjoy that, its a nice bonding time with my babies when i'm brushing them.

I'm going to watch a little bit of tv and I'll probably have a square of 85% lindt, and then bed time. very much needed, i've forced myself not to nap this afternoon. I'm hoping that I will wake up feeling refreshed and because daylight saving has ended, it will be lighter in the morning so I plan to take the dogs for a bit of a jog. watch this space!!!!

Comment

Now if this was leo, he would be getting geared up for his next adventure, he'd be eyeing the gate for the slightest hint that someone will leave it open for a split second and he'd be off! ratbag.
                          heehee

It sounds like you made some good choices at the wedding (wine & water), and the pizza, eh, I had pizza Friday night...and your foods sound lovely today!

Have picked up the doggies from the kennels, they are always super excited to see me. I love that. we sat out in the sun on the deck and I gave them both a good brushing. I think we both enjoy that, its a nice bonding time with my babies when i'm brushing them.
                          I love that excitement too
                          My girls don't enjoy being brushed

I'm hoping that I will wake up feeling refreshed and because daylight saving has ended, it will be lighter in the morning so I plan to take the dogs for a bit of a jog. watch this space!!!!
                          I'll be watching
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• sorry watchers. Mixed bag on the sleep front. Starr kept barking in the middle of the night. I eventually decided she must need to go out for a toilet stop. grrr. so when the alarm went off I was a bit on the sleepy side and stayed put. However I did do some squats before bed last night and some squats this morning so better than nothing. If its not raining this afternoon, I 'll take them out for a walk when i get home, however the forecast doesnt look too good.

I'm out for lunch today for a team thing. Going somewhere very nice so hopefully I'll make some good choices. I'd like to think I'd stay alcohol free but frankly if the firm is paying and they have my favourite pegasus bay riesling on the wine list, that's what I'll be having. And tonight is book club so I have no idea what will be on the menu there! (we've changed our ways this year, the hostess now cooks for us, whereas it used to be a pot luck with us all taking a dish). Again I'll try to make good choices but sometimes it just isnt always possible. Of course if I've had a big lunch I may not need to make any bad choices for dinner, I'll still be stuffed!

Comment

sorry watchers. Mixed bag on the sleep front. Starr kept barking in the middle of the night. I eventually decided she must need to go out for a toilet stop. grrr.
                              Suse, where do they sleep at night?

The reason I'm asking is that if they are NOT sleeping in your bedroom, with the door shut, (safe in the "den" with you) then they will assume that their "job" is to guard the whole house. A VERY scary job for small dogs in the night. They will feel like they have to sleep with "one eye open" and will not get a good deep sleep, and so maybe Starr might be reacting to every little noise she hears.

Just a thought.

Enjoy your lunch and supper today!
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey Suse. Your weekend wedding trip sounded like a great time. You have some lovely sounding foods on the go!

Enjoy your lunch, it's always so tempting to go all out when it's on someone else's bill, so have fun with that. Book club sounds good too. What are you reading?

I have absolutely nothing to offer about the doggies...anyone want an 11 year old cat or 2??
                                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X