Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stress can do that.

hopefully, everything with your mom's budget will get sorted out. and do expect hostility from your brothers. people don't like it when you take away free lunch -- we learned this the hard way. lol

so, yeah.

Comment

• I am having a break from sorting out my mothers issues today, I went full tilt the last 2 days so today I say relax! I'm going to find myself a big yummy salad for my lunch!

and oh yeah, zoe, totally expect to be a few bitter and twisted moments coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        Whew, what a day. I don't envy your situation, but sounds like you have some good supports to help you get it all sorted.
        +1

Originally posted by Suse View Post
        I was very very tired last night and fell asleep incredibly quickly before 9.30. I think just the stress of the last few days catching up. slept well.

Yeah I'm just blaming stress buildup, not a great excuse I know. But hopefully I'll be a bit better today.
        Originally posted by zoebird View Post
        stress can do that.
        +1

I hope today was a better day
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• ah yes, yesterday was much better. Way less stress, apart from the normal work stress that is. The fireman cooked a lovely dinner (fish in tomato and redpepper and chilli sauce with mashed sweet potato and brocoli), we had a couple of wines, and we ate outside on the deck cause it was a lovely evening. Came in and tried to watch a bit of tv, but nothing on as usual so went to bed about 8.45, read my book for a while and then just fell asleep... well not really asleep, I went into this kind of paralysis where I wanted to roll over and say good night to the fireman but I just couldnt move... anything, not my head, my arms, my eyes. I felt him get up and move to the next room and in my head I was saying bye honey, but I just could not move. After he left, it was like the spell was broken and I rolled over and went into a deep sound sleep for 5 hours. After that my sleep was just full of really weird dreams. I hate that, it makes me feel exhausted when I do wake up.

St Patricks day here and the sun is shining... I suspect the pubs will all be full at lunchtime!

Comment

• well the good news about yesterday is I didnt eat any crappy lollies or chocolate. However I did have a beer when I got home, the sun was shining and it was nice to sit on the deck and enjoy the golden weather (hopefully not the last of it!!) Good breakfast, yummy omelette, I did have a couple of meat savouries for morning tea (but I dont think a little pastry is going to kill me) Lunch was leftover fish and mashed kumara. Had a bunless burger for dinner (although I did notice that there were breadcrumbs in the ingredients for the patty) with bacon and salad. Most of the salad was from our own garden which is great, lettuce, red and yellow pepper and grated beetroot! Feta as well, which obviously wasnt from our garden Glass of wine to wash it all down. So all in all, not bad, just not perfect.

Bed early again, but a very restless night's sleep. I must burn a lot of calories at night with all my tossing and turning.

Scales this morning, 54.5kg, 22.5bf. I really need to get that bf figure down below 22 where it was before christmas. I need to tighten up.

Comment

• Meh... nobody's perfect.

There is absolutely nothing as good as a cold beer at the end of the day when you're sat in the sun. Out of all the things I can't have now I've been diagnosed with gluten intolerance, I think I miss beer the most!

I wish I had a vegie garden, but it's hard to grow stuff in sand in 40* temperatures!
              My Journal

Comment

• Weird paralyzing sleep...

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                well the good news about yesterday is I didnt eat any crappy lollies or chocolate. However I did have a beer when I got home, the sun was shining and it was nice to sit on the deck and enjoy the golden weather (hopefully not the last of it!!) Good breakfast, yummy omelette, I did have a couple of meat savouries for morning tea (but I dont think a little pastry is going to kill me) Lunch was leftover fish and mashed kumara. Had a bunless burger for dinner (although I did notice that there were breadcrumbs in the ingredients for the patty) with bacon and salad. Most of the salad was from our own garden which is great, lettuce, red and yellow pepper and grated beetroot! Feta as well, which obviously wasnt from our garden Glass of wine to wash it all down. So all in all, not bad, just not perfect.
                Not bad at all! Quite good actually
                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• another so so day yesterday on the food front,
                  b bacon and scrambled egg
                  s date scone!!! I hate to admit it but it was really nice
                  l small paella (rice dish)
                  d lateish dinner with family up north. crunchy bread with feta, rocket and mushroom baked with garlic and parsley. Yum. Then bacon wrapped chicken breast with scalloped potatoes and salad. I also had a lot of wine. I didnt have dessert though.

yeah, not really so so, more like so bad huh. oh well. another day today and at least it is the weekend. weather is crap after being stunning all week. most unfair. I want to wash the dogs today, but maybe it will wait till tomorrow. leo needs to go to the vet to get his anal glands expressed though as he is doing a lot of scooting. blah so gross... if I get him in today he will definitely be having a bath!!! Other than that, it will probably be housework, and I have a session of IPL for my bikini line today (got a coupon off line for 3 sessions for $120 at my local beauty therapist round the corner) I've tried IPL before without much success (which is surprising given I have dark hair and light skin so should be the perfect candidate for it to work) but thought seeing this is so cheap I'd give it another go as the ingrowns I've been getting from waxing have been quite vicious lately.

Comment

• I told a giant porky yesterday, the weather was not crap, it was BEAUTIFUL!!! and today too. Yay. I got heaps of stuff done yesterday, i was out of bed bright and early. I did manage to get leo into the vet so both dogs got a bath and a good trim and are looking BEAUTIFUL!!! did a ton of housework but still didnt manage to finish everything... the difference between me doing it and the fireman is that I tend to do a more thorough job, not that I am saying the fireman doesnt do a sterling job, but I dont think he gets anal and takes the wand off the vacuum and gets into the corners and does the skirtings and that sort of thing. and for sure, I know he has no idea what dusting means

I also popped out and got a new bean bag for the dog. One of them split a while back so leo (for the most part) has been sleeping on a cushion but its a real pain in the arse to wash whereas I can take the cover off the bean bag and biff that in the machine which is nice and easy. so I decided to empty out the beans in starr's bed and wash the inner cover for that. Oh I had forgotten how annoying those little polystyrene balls can be... trying to get them back in teh little zipper hole was a pain, I also took some out of the new bean bag to make that a little less puffy and to make the other one a bit puffier... all in all, that was easily a half hour job!!! I had to come in and roll on my tennis ball on my back cause it was so sore after being bent over outside trying to pick up little white balls..

we went north again last night to see a show jesus christ superstar that was being put on by the local rep. Not bad, although I'm not a show kind of gal really, so I had a bit of a nana nap in a couple of sections (in my defense it was dark, and I was tired, why wouldnt you close your eyes and take a rest) so another night out late - the thing about going up to Orewa is that it is a good half hour trip home, and when you're tired you just want to be there!

slept well, and had a lie in this morning after the fireman left for work. That was a nice treat, I bought the dogs in and they had a nap beside my bed with me (this only happens when the fireman is not home)

yesterday I felt quite fat, I tried to put on a pair of trousers and couldnt do them up - well I could have, but the muffin roll over the top would have been ugly so I didnt. I measured my waist and it is back up to 30inches. what the... grrr. so i think i better pull some days of no nonsense.

On a completely unrelated note, I found a lump on my labia when I was in the shower.... I suppose I should go to the doc about it, its probably an ingrown, but why I'd have an ingrown there is beyond me. Of course I cant really see it unless I decide to take up yoga and become more flexible, I just about had my head down the drain trying to have a look TMI

Comment

• Yay for beautiful weather, clean & beautiful dogs, and getting stuff done!

I laughed aloud when I read about you and the little white bean bag balls

Sleeping in the morning with doggies is the best!

Your waist is still smaller than mine...

about your shower "discovery"...
                      Try a mirror,
                      Or you could get the Fireman to check it out
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• I think you've had a few lovely sounding days. I'm dreaming of such weather coming this way in a few months. And a garden.

As for the waist, maybe time to cut back a bit on the "extras" aka grains & sugars and add in some exercise that doesn't involve your shoulder. Couldn't hurt.

about your shower "discovery"...
                        Try a mirror,
                        Or you could get the Fireman to check it out
                        +1
                        Probably just an ingrown or some random sebaceous cyst (pretty much like a pimple thing, they can happen there).
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Wow, busy day! Makes me feel tired just reading about it.

I know what you mean about men and cleaning. They do it, but they don't really do it, do they? I honestly think that they don't see it.
                          My Journal

Comment

• supposedly, the difference between hunter vs gatherer gaze. you need to be able to see the big picture and movement of large animals and toss a spear into it to hunt, whereas women ahve to look at the berry and make sure it's exactly the right shade so that it's ripe and not poisonous. hence, detail oriented. go figure it translates to the difference between "man clean" (there are no big messes) and "woman clean" -- yes, there are still MASSIVE amounts of crumbs on the countertop, please wipe it up, thank you. although, this isn't absolute by any means, AND some people are just lazy.

heck, if you knew someone was going to clean up after you, would YOU do the best job? no. my husband will do some work, but he knows i'll do the rest, so. . .

Comment

• sunday was another gorgeous day and I got not as much done, but still quite a bit after my sleep in. It was more of a catchup day.... went to visit my elderly friend, she's got a new neighbour whose tv was booming so I thought lets go home to my place and you can have a change of scenery and some doggy loving and I'll make lunch. So that was nice. We sat out on the deck under the umbrella and we shared a beer and had a nice salad with crunchy bacon. The dogs love to just lie quietly by her side, it's very soothing for her. Later in the day, another friend popped over with her dog and we took the 3 furkids to the park for a runaround. Then she came home and we had a beer! eeek 2 beers in one day! But it was a beer kind of day, the sun was shining and it was warm as toast! I washed my car in the morning so pleased to get that done, I love my new car! I have no idea what I did with the rest of the day, but suffice to say I just enjoyed the golden weather. Did a morrocan spiced lamb with salad for dinner with a feta, chorizo,tomato stuffed capsicum. nice. Couldnt eat it all, so that'll be my lunch today.

Definitely thinking I need to have some no nonsense days now till the end of the week. My body seems to think it wants to get fat, but luckily my mind is on to it and is saying no no no. So I'll see how I go, but am thinking no wine until friday (and most definitely no beer). And of course I will try to not eat lollies or rubbishy chocolate (this does not include the odd square of 85% dark chocolate - funny how I have now graduated to that, at first I absolutely hated it)

Attacked the little cyst in the unfortunate position last night... yes pretty sure thats exactly what it is, a sebaceous cyst. Ouch not a comfy spot to be piercing with a needle and then squeezing.

Comment

• yeah, definitely not. i used to get those when i would use maxipads rather than my cloth pads. now i don't get them anymore. and yes, they hurt like all get out.

i think a good idea would be for you to think about how you want to consume alcohol. i think it's fine that you do, but (from my reading) you consume a fair bit in a rather "accidental" way. Like "oops, ended up having 2 beers!" which is fine, but it's easier on you if you have an action plan, i would think. like "i'll have 3 glasses of wine this week -- monday, thursday and saturday are the likely ones -- and then four beers. or some nonesense like that.

a friend of mine did this. while not paleo, she did want to loose a couple of inches, and so she just organized herself. on saturday, she would have sweets. on monday and thursday, wine with dinner (i think it was two glasses both nights). and then once a week she could have beer -- and that would fluctuate as to which day. she would give herself a max of two beers -- so she could have one one day and the other on another, or two in one day, but that was it.

she had a drinks-per-week limit. might help anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X