No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My punishment for having that chocolate bar yesterday was to turn my ankle! OUCH, it hurt bad. Hasnt swollen up too bad today and no bruising through yet, but it is painful to walk on so off for a quick bout of physio on it shortly. Damned fragile ankles. I was just walking down my hallway and then I think i must have thought oh, forgot something and sort of semi turned, and down I went, heard a big crunch which I guess was the ligament/tendons?? popping.

Anyway, had a good dinner, fish and some squid, with salad and sweet potato. 2 glasses of wine. Probably shouldnt have had the wine given I'd hurt my ankle, they always say alcohol is the worst thing to have after an injury, but well... what can I say! Seemed like a good idea at the time! 1 square of 85% choc after dinner. Early to bed, I was VERY tired. slept pretty soundly until I rolled over and banged my ankle. But all in all a good sleep.

Yesterday I got my iherb order. (side note, order on a friday morning- delivery NZ tuesday morning, pretty darn good) I finally got around to getting a natural bristle brush to do some dry skin brushing (evita I hope you are reading!!!) I tried it last night, and this morning. This morning I jumped in the shower before turning it on and did it, and the fireman (who was still in bed) said all he could see in the ensuite was a cloud of dust coming out of the shower... ewww. I do have very dry skin. But it wasnt too bad, I thought I would find it very hard on my skin, but not bad. I also bought some Natures way lactobacillus Reuteri probiotics - a box of 90 capsules cost me less than a box of 30 caps here in NZ. I also got some Vit C serum for my face, and some Coq10 moisturiser and I am trying Venomous, some thing that has Syn-ake in it thats supposed to be good for wrinkles. I love iherb.

Just had a big cheese and mushroom omelette with bacon for breakfast! Seriously, I dont understand you people that skip breakfast! Best meal of the day.

Comment

• Oh no... not you as well!!! Poor thing, I hope your ankle recovers quickly, mine did this time which was nice. I think it's all the barefoot walking on the beach has made it stronger.

I love iHerb too, I get everything from there now, even with postage, it's still at least 50% cheaper for most things than buying them here.

Your omelette sounds delish
      My Journal

Comment

• thanks Em. Actually recovery is coming along well. Yesterday was very painful to walk on, lots of limping even after having it strapped. But the ultrasound and the strapping and the icing must have helped cause today I can walk on it with absolutely no problems. Saying that, I'm not prepared to put a heel on just yet in case I fall off it though, so am in flats. I'll have some proper physio on it tomorrow with a bit of work on the tendons/ligaments but yes, am pleased at how quick the recovery is this time given the amount of pain I had.

Yesterdays food wasnt too bad considering:
        B: Omelette and bacon
        S: a florentine (in my defense, I was in pain, and felt I deserved a little treat! )
        L: Leftover thai curry
        D: The fireman made lasagne with gluten free pasta. And a spinach salad. A few glasses of wine.

Had an awesome nights sleep. And a slightly later wakeup as I had a seminar to attend out of the office that was close to home so went straight there from home, meaning an extra hour in bed this morning... I didnt waste that hour

Scales remained exactly the same this morning.

Had bacon and egg for brekkie today, had a chocolate chip muffin for a snack at the seminar - really just cause it was there - I wasnt hungry or anything, but I did watch people scarf down 2 or 3 and think tut tut Leftover lasagne and salad for lunch. Tonight I think we are popping out with friends to a vietnamese restaurant which will be good... and cheap!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
          My punishment for having that chocolate bar yesterday was to turn my ankle! OUCH, it hurt bad. Hasnt swollen up too bad today and no bruising through yet, but it is painful to walk on so off for a quick bout of physio on it shortly. Damned fragile ankles. I was just walking down my hallway and then I think i must have thought oh, forgot something and sort of semi turned, and down I went, heard a big crunch which I guess was the ligament/tendons?? popping.
          Ouch!

Originally posted by Suse View Post
          Yesterday I got my iherb order. (side note, order on a friday morning- delivery NZ tuesday morning, pretty darn good) I finally got around to getting a natural bristle brush to do some dry skin brushing (evita I hope you are reading!!!) I tried it last night, and this morning. This morning I jumped in the shower before turning it on and did it, and the fireman (who was still in bed) said all he could see in the ensuite was a cloud of dust coming out of the shower... ewww. I do have very dry skin. But it wasnt too bad, I thought I would find it very hard on my skin, but not bad. I also bought some Natures way lactobacillus Reuteri probiotics - a box of 90 capsules cost me less than a box of 30 caps here in NZ. I also got some Vit C serum for my face, and some Coq10 moisturiser and I am trying Venomous, some thing that has Syn-ake in it thats supposed to be good for wrinkles. I love iherb.
          I've heard about this iHerb...hmmm...I should check into it...
          LOL at the dry skin cloud
          What brand of Vit C serum did you get?

Just had a big cheese and mushroom omelette with bacon for breakfast! Seriously, I dont understand you people that skip breakfast! Best meal of the day.
          I just have my omelette for lunch

Actually recovery is coming along well. Yesterday was very painful to walk on, lots of limping even after having it strapped. But the ultrasound and the strapping and the icing must have helped cause today I can walk on it with absolutely no problems. Saying that, I'm not prepared to put a heel on just yet in case I fall off it though, so am in flats. I'll have some proper physio on it tomorrow with a bit of work on the tendons/ligaments but yes, am pleased at how quick the recovery is this time given the amount of pain I had.
          I'm glad its feeling better!
          And yes! stay in the flats!

an extra hour in bed this morning... I didnt waste that hour
          ????
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I got the Mychelle Vitamin C serum. Last time I got the Devita which I liked and is bigger but its out of stock, so thought I'd give the Mychelle one a go. You should totally use Iherb. Very efficient.

and yes to the ?????

Comment

• Extra hour in bed? I'm going to guess that the fireman was home and not on shift...

Glad the ankle is feeling better. Definitely stick to the flats for the week. Maybe some barefoot walking in the sand if you can get to the beach, good for strengthening.

Been a very long time since I've seen a florentine on your food log.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I don't remember but where are you in NZ again?

I've been spending the last hour browsing the real estate and nursing jobs in Queenstown. I am in serious lust with that area and thinking about moving over one day. I think I've had enough of dry, hot and dusty Perth.
                My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  I don't remember but where are you in NZ again?

I've been spending the last hour browsing the real estate and nursing jobs in Queenstown. I am in serious lust with that area and thinking about moving over one day. I think I've had enough of dry, hot and dusty Perth.
                  I'm in auckland which is good. Queenstown IS very pretty but man it gets chilly down there! I think it would be a strange place to actually live, as it is so transient. I have a friend who lives down there and she said it took years for her to make any proper friendships. Nice place to visit!

Comment

• slightly hungover today. Far too many wines over dinner and NO water. Bad girl! Let that be a lesson to me. Hydrate hydrate hydrate!

Dinner was average, I had beef in a black bean sauce on rice, it was just ok. Fireman had a chicken dish, again, just ok. Some fried spring roll thingys, average. But cheap! Good night though catching up with some friends. Ate a pile of potato chips before going out as well while having a cosmopolitan.

Scales this morning, 54.3kg 22.3bf.

Took strapping off ankle and it looks good, maybe some minor swelling and I can see some very faint bruising but really its looking good. Off to physio in 15 mins. I think the physio will be mighty pleased given she could barely touch it on Wednesday without me yelping!

My sis comes up from Chch tonight. Really looking forward to a catch up. Will be drinking a lot of water ... with my wine

Comment

• gawd, having hot salty chips for lunch with a coke. I've got a headache. I could do with a lie down. I dont think I deserve to feel as bad as I do, I think I'll blame the combo of 1 too many wines with that not so good asian food last night... probably full of bad stuff like MSG or something in it.

had physio, have retaped ankle for the weekend to ensure I dont roll on it again while its still weak. But yeah swelling is minimal and I got a better look at bruising and its there just under the ankle bone and around to the other side, but not like the last time where I bruised all the way down to my toes and up to my calf! (that probably explained why i was on crutches for a weekend with that one - that time the fireman had to give me a firemans lift down the stairs and take me to the A&E department as the pain was so intense he thought I was going into shock! I was convinced I'd broken it - all that from running away from a giant cockroach! idiot )

Comment

• Glad the ankle is getting a bit better, and that it wasn't as bad as the last time. I once had a super nasty ankle sprain when 6 months pregnant with kid #1, might have been a small fracture but they didn't xray due to the pregnancy. I was very impressed at how excruciating the pain was (that's my nurse side), and I couldn't even take anything beyond acetaminophen. 2 weeks on crutches with a slab cast while that pregnant is not fun! Any time spent on crutches is not fun.

And YES, don't forget to hydrate when imbibing I've no doubt that the asian food didn't help with how you're feeling today.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• oooh GS, that must have been a real drag.

well here we are at another day and i am feeling much better. surprising really as I drank way more last night than the night before, but of course this time I stuck to the rules and had water!!! my sis and her husband were up so that involved lots of wine drinking Cooked a delicious coq au vin for dinner last night with kumara mash and brocoli. divine

woke up this morning to find the world has gone crazy again over night. Poor japan, how awful. and I hear hawaii had an earthquake too and Indonesia had a volcanic eruption. hey mother nature, how about giving it a rest!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                            well here we are at another day and i am feeling much better. surprising really as I drank way more last night than the night before, but of course this time I stuck to the rules and had water!!! my sis and her husband were up so that involved lots of wine drinking
                            Wine & Water

woke up this morning to find the world has gone crazy again over night. Poor japan, how awful. and I hear hawaii had an earthquake too and Indonesia had a volcanic eruption. hey mother nature, how about giving it a rest!
                            I've been watching it most of the morning.
                            I thought Hawaii just got the waves?

Yeah, its time for a rest!
                            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse
                            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• the earth needs to off gas too, so it's normal and ok, really. it will settle down. it tends to go in waves.

i'm glad you had time with your sister and husband.

Em-- come to wellington, it's awesome.

Comment

• Hey Suse, how are you feeling today? All recovered I hope. I'm glad you had a great time with your family. I love having people round for dinner where you eat, drink and be merry together.

Zoebird, I'll have to have a peek at Wellington too. Is there mountains and lakes and things there too?
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X