Clear All

• You do look good!

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post

Oh, when I read #3 I thought "me with a Beer in a pub"
      hahahaha, that totally made me laugh!
      and thanks!

Comment

• Wow, Suse - beautiful photos, and tooround is right - you look awesome!
        Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• well it is 3am and I am wide awake. I've decided to stop tossing and turning and do something, (ie, write my journal) in the hope I'll feel tired soon and be ready for the next phase of sleep. at least I've had a good solid 4 and a bit hrs.

The fireman and I sat at the dinner table all night chatting about our respective jobs and generally putting the world to rights. we had a simple dinner of morrocan spiced lamb on salad - with the salad mostly from our garden which was nice. Our capsicums are all changing colours to red or yellow and some of them are HUGE! Had a couple of cosmos pre dinner and a glass of red with dinner. I do really need to stop drinking the cosmos, too much sugar really. No wonder my body fat on the scales has crept back up and stayed over the 22 mark recently That and some sneaky post lunch lollies i've been scarfing recently. Bad suse. add to that next to no exercise and really I'm just hopeless arent I. Probably it is time I started noting what I am eating again. so.. yesterday
          B bacon and scrambled eggs
          S almond, raspberry and choc friand
          L BAS
          S some lollies
          S Pre dinner cheese and rice crackers with 2 cosmos
          D morrocan spiced lamb and salad with a couple of slices of sweet potato. hefty glass of red wine.

yup its definitely the pre dinner snacking and lollies that are my undoing.

Comment

• Hey Suse,

Queenstown and you look fabulous!

Morrocan spiceed lamb sounds delish, so do the cosmos
            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
              well it is 3am and I am wide awake. I've decided to stop tossing and turning and do something, (ie, write my journal) in the hope I'll feel tired soon and be ready for the next phase of sleep. at least I've had a good solid 4 and a bit hrs.
              Didn't Mark have a post about our natural sleep cycle being divided into 2 smaller cycles....hang on...

Here it is: What is Biphasic Sleep? | Mark's Daily Apple

Maybe this is what's happening?

Originally posted by Suse View Post
              The fireman and I sat at the dinner table all night chatting about our respective jobs and generally putting the world to rights.
              nice
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Suse I love the photos . Reminds me that I really miss mountains, I used to live in British Columbia and had mountains to see every day. Sigh. Damn prairies.

You look fab in the hot tub.

How's the shoulder doing? You still seeing that therapist for those painful treatments?
                My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• GS, I've given up the treatments on the shoulder for the time being. I just felt that the added financial stress of paying for them wasnt helping me mentally!. I do need to get on and do more exercises though to try and loosen up the joint.

Have been down to Wellington for the weekend, lordy what a temperature difference. Sunday it was blowing a southerly and gawd it was cold. Had a lovely weekend though but didnt eat exactly primal all the time so back on the wagon with a vengeance today. We stayed at the Intercontinental hotel which was nice, the firemans' brother stays there all the time so was upgraded to the Presidential Suite. This is where Hilary Clinton stayed when she was here a few months back. Very nice, but frankly there is no way in the world it is worth the money you'd have to pay for it! Nice views though, but we also had nice views from our room a few floors down! Had a swim in the pool while I was there, I think that would be good for the shoulder. Pool was heated to the perfect temperature for me! And had a spa as well. Lovely. After eating lots of cheese and crackers (wheat crackers too, bad) we went out for dinner and I had a really fantastic steak with an eggplant and tomato sort of thing, and tempura artichoke hearts. Yum. Washed down with a gorgeous riesling. I've really got a thing for rieslings now, and reckon I can sniff a Waipara riesling at 20 paces now The bouquet and the flavour is really pronounced unlike other regions rieslings.

While we were in Wellington we did the tour of Parliament which was quite interesting. Beautiful building. I'm not really into history or historic buildings for that matter but I did find it quite interesting even if our tour guide did keep repeating herself and saying "good to go" all the time. Anyway had heaps of walking down in Wellington which was good. But man, other people walk so SLOOOOOOOW! There were 6 of us and even with me and the fireman walking at snails pace, we were still often metres ahead of them all the time. Maddening.

anyway, update on the scales. I've been pretty static on about 54.5kg and 22.5 bf lately, like for the last month. I really want to get that bf figure down below 22, and as I've said before, my aim is 20, but I suspect that involves me doing some actual exercise! Ha, yeah really! I need to get motivated and get on with it instead of just raving on all the time. And I need to stop drinking cosmopolitans and eating cheese and crackers and potato chips. I think the plan for tonight is a nice thai green curry on cauliflower rice washed down with water! Lunch will be a big ass salad. I am drinking my tea without sugar today. See I can be good if I just put my mind to it!

Comment

• Sounds like a wonderful weekend in Wellington:
                    Presidential Suite, perfectly heated pool, a spa, really fantastic steak, a gorgeous riesling, tour of Parliament, heaps of SLOOOOOOW walking

anyway, update on the scales. I've been pretty static on about 54.5kg and 22.5 bf lately, like for the last month. I really want to get that bf figure down below 22, and as I've said before, my aim is 20, but I suspect that involves me doing some actual exercise! Ha, yeah really!
                    Yes, I suspect it does

And I need to stop drinking cosmopolitans and eating cheese and crackers and potato chips.
                    Yes, probably

I think the plan for tonight is a nice thai green curry on cauliflower rice washed down with water! Lunch will be a big ass salad. I am drinking my tea without sugar today. See I can be good if I just put my mind to it!
                    Of course you can!!!
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm going to update as I go a lot for the next week I think...

So I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, and I just had a spinach salad for lunch with chicken bacon and avocado. Nice. I also had 2 frooze balls (I think I've mentioned these before - made with dates, raw cashews, carob and coconut, thats it - 1 frooze ball = 5g sugar but I look at it this way, all natural) I had 2 cups of tea no sugar!

EDIT: forgot to add in a tiny handful of almonds cashews and dried cranberries.

Definitely on track for curry tonight and ABSOLUTELY NO BOOZE
                      Last edited by Suse; 03-06-2011, 06:51 PM. Reason: OOPS HIT BUTTON BEFORE I'D FINISHED

Comment

• I did well sticking to the plan yesterday.

Had NO snacks pre dinner. In fact I gathered up the dogs and talk them for a walk (and a short sprint) after work before dinner. Had a lovely thai green curry for dinner (hot hot hot!) on cauliflower rice. Washed down with a nice glass of chilled WATER!

Slept the sleep of the dead last night. Wonderful

Scales this morning 54.4kg, bf 22.3!

Planning on having another good day today if I can. Also stunning day here, so hopefully when I get home the sun will be shining still cause that really helps in making me want to get out for a walk. I really should start bringing some walking gear to work and getting out at lunchtime rather than being the lazy arse I am usually.

Comment

• ok I've just had lunch (leftover chicken curry, yum) but now I've got a hankering for something sweet. Bad. I'm not hungry nor do I really want anything like a cake or anything, I just want sweet. It'll pass.
                          Must.not.give.in.to.cravings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                            Must.not.give.in.to.cravings.
                            You are stronger than the craving!!

You've been having a great couple of days, and your weekend getaway sounds great. Definitely time to back off on the cosmos and cheese and crackers and potato chips (like I'm a good one to comment this week...) if you're serious about lowering that body fat.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                              You are stronger than the craving!!

You've been having a great couple of days, and your weekend getaway sounds great. Definitely time to back off on the cosmos and cheese and crackers and potato chips (like I'm a good one to comment this week...) if you're serious about lowering that body fat.

+1
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• EEEK no I wasnt. I got a chocolate bar and scarfed it down. Bad. Brain is getting quite a workout this afternoon so perhaps it is the brains way of telling me to give it a bit of extra fuel. Oh well there is always tomorrow. 1 good day in the bag at least. I'll high five for the small victories for now

Comment

Working...
                                X