No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm off the media, too. Went to the movies last night, just to be out of the house and doing normal things. Have a great time in Queenstown - I didn't even know those hot pools existed! Just as well you and the fireman are talking again - it'd be a shame to waste a place like that
    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• nice -- i love hot pools.

of course, fireman has to be nice. or it'll just be you. and perhaps a boyfriend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
        thanks everyone. I do feel better just having put it all "out there".
        That's what we're here for

Originally posted by Suse View Post
        I had a good look at my finances yesterday and am hopeful that I can get myself sorted. It's not like we're talking about me having huge debts, I owe less than $1000 on my credit card.
        Wow.
        OK, I'm not telling you what MY credit card debt is

Also I need to save for Vegas, in terms of my own spending money for a bit of a flutter here and there - I'm not going to vegas and not gambling! even though I know its dumb.

by the way, had a long chat with my sister in christchurch yesterday and she is fine, everyone she knows closely is fine... although a friend of a friend is missing and worked in the building that came down completely and had a fire. Here's hoping he wasnt in it, but it doesnt look good at this stage.

It is so sad about the little babies that have died in the quake with tvs and stuff falling on them. There are a lot of sad stories. It is appalling that people are looting, and breaking into houses of people they know are missing and stealing from them. dickheads. Seriously why cant we bring back corporal punishment for these losers. If I had my way and I caught them, ooh, it would be ugly, thats all I'll say about that.
        I'm glad your sister and her close friends are fine. Hopefully the missing friend of a friend is found OK. All that other stuff...it's just...horrible.

Off to Queenstown this weekend though for some fun times this weekend.
        one thing I will be doing while there is this

www.onsen.co.nz
        Wow! Nice

Have a great time!!!!!!
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I will! thanks

and especially for you WNC, I'm also going here :
          http://www.winetastes.co.nz/
          http://www.winetastes.co.nz/

Comment

• ooooohhhhh
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
              ooooohhhhh
              double oooooohhhhhhh

Hope your weekend was good. Sucks to read about your week, dealing with the earthquake aftermath, crap with the fireman, the money stresses and so on. Isn't life supposed to be getting easier at our age??

Anyway, hugs to you and looking forward to hearing about your weekend.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• queenstown was awesome! It has been 11 years since I was there last (I thought about 7, but had a very quick catch up with a friend down there and her kid was 6 mths when I was there and now he is nearly 12). We got the best of the weather. I definitely felt the temperature change down there though, especially at night when the temp plummetted down to 6deg C. brrrr. Our first night out was huge, we stayed out late at a great bar that was playing 80's and 90's music so we sang and danced and drank till after midnight (very late for the fireman and I!) I felt like we stuffed a lot into our 3 days away (2 and a half really as we didnt get down there till 2pm on saturday) The onsen hot pools were just lovely. You had your own private hot tub, and you could lift the roof up and look across at the mountains and down below to the river and ocassionally you would see a jetboat whip around the river. Next time we go I'm definitely booking for the late night one out under the stars! Divine!

We did the wine tasting while in Queenstown which we both enjoyed. It's really nice to be able to compare different wines in such a good setting. And it didnt cost that much either (we had a 25% off voucher from a tourist book we picked up at the airport, which helped with that, but even without it seemed reasonable)

On our last day we went for a drive over to wanaka. Not a lot to see or do there really, but again, hadnt been for years so it was a nice drive, beautiful scenery. We stopped at the Kawerau river on the way back and watched a few people do bungees! scary to watch, cant believe I was ever mad enough to do one all those years ago.

We had lovely food, I certainly tried to keep as primal as I could but there were a few indulgences. Eggs benedict one morning on english muffins. But I had a burger for lunch one day, and just skipped the bun. Had some delicious thai food one night with maybe just a big dessertspoon of rice. And one night had a fantastic steak that came with potatoes that had been roasted in duck fat! YUM. So yeah, happy with the food. And I have to say I thought the prices in Queenstown were not that bad at all. For a tourist mecca, it was pretty darn good.

Our accommodation was free, and it was more than adequate. We had absolutely brilliant views from where we were. And luckily the place had 2 bathrooms, so that meant we didnt have to share a bathroom with our friends which made life easier. And the fireman and I slept together pretty well, I only had to kick him a million times

I will post a few photos when I get an opportunity. It will make you want to come for a visit for sure! But for now, back to reality and work.

Comment

• awesome!

we really loved wanaka a lot -- it was so lovely and peaceful there. and getting there (from Haast) was amazing. Getting to Queenstown was nice, too -- those valleys!

i didn't like queenstown so much, because i'd gotten used to the relaxed, peaceful outdoors of NZ (and small towns and "doing nothing"), but i was glad to be back in wellington, a city i love a lot.

I really love queenstown's lake and scenery though. gorgeous! looking forward to pictures.

Comment

• Sounds like you had a wonderful time

Yes, please post some photos!!
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• on a side note, 27 days since I started my last period. they seem to be coming more regularly now. Dammit. I guess the stuff in the Mirena is starting to wear off.. I have had it in for 4 years. I really liked not having a period.. or at least hardly ever. If I'm going back to monthly thats a real drag. It does leave me feeling quite washed out even though it is nowhere near as heavy as it used to be pre-mirena..

Comment

• Your holiday sounds completely wonderful! I'd love to see some photos. NZ is definitely on the long list of places to visit, but I think that may be a few years away.

As for the Mirena, they do tend to be good for only about 5 years. Are you looking at having it replaced? Of course, at some point there will be normal perimenopausal changes anyway, my cycle has been changing a bit over the past year but I'm not sure if that is why.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Oh your holiday sounds blissful! I'm glad you had such a great time.

Boo on the cycle return. I tried Mirena once but it really messed with my body, I bled on and off, very lightly for the entire month. I never knew where I was going to be from day to day. I gave it 6 months then had it yanked. I tried that implant thingy too with the same result. I don't think my body likes progesterone-only thingies. Thankfully my fella has had the snip so no more BC worries for me!

Btw, I cannot believe that you tried bungee jumping! There is no way in hell I would ever do that! You're very brave
                          My Journal

Comment

• As for the Mirena, they do tend to be good for only about 5 years. Are you looking at having it replaced?
                            Well I've got another year with the Mirena but I'm thinking I might get another as I dont want to find myself pregnant at 50! Also I just couldnt go back to having really heavy periods again, they were becoming quite debilitating.

Btw, I cannot believe that you tried bungee jumping! There is no way in hell I would ever do that! You're very brave
                            or STUPID! I have also parachuted on my own (a static line jump where the parachute is pulled when you exit the plane essentially) which was incredible, and I have tandem parapunted from the top of the gondolas at Queenstown - another totally incredible experience. yes I really am brave (STUPID)

Will try and post queenstown photos tonight if I get a chance, we had guests for dinner last night so no opportunity.

Comment

• as promised, photos.
                              1. typical queenstown shot (taken from the top of the gondolas) as always, spectacular
                              2. The view of the lake in the morning (taken from the balcony of the unit we stayed in). Utterly gorgeous
                              3. me in the hot tub at the Onsen pools. awesome views.
                              4. random photo of me with a bear at a pub we were at.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome photos!

And Girl! You look Amazing!!!!

Oh, when I read #3 I thought "me with a Beer in a pub"
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X