No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not to good on the primal front last night, went to a networking meeting and ended up eating some sort of bready thing, like thin crispy pitas but not?? anyway with lots of cheese, also some beef kebabs that were yummy and a couple of wines. When we all left they gave us a little gift, a box of 4 devonport chocolates, oh my, these are good chocolates... I scoffed them all on the way home in the car. No dinner as I didnt really need it, and I think I was very good in that when I got home I didnt think to myself ooh I know, I'll have a glass of wine... I decided to drink water. Good girl. The fireman was working last night so I did all my ironing, and crikey there was a shitload of it. Boring. Then I sat down and watched a few programmes I'd taped that the fireman would only watch if I poked his eyes out (which of course would make it difficult for him to watch).

Reasonable sleep, did the usual wake at 3ish, but I managed to drift off again within half an hour I'd say and slept till 6.05 when the alarm went off. Just been out for breakfast and I confess I decided to eat some of the hot cruncy ciabatta, probably 3 mouthfuls. Its actually the big slab of butter that I put on it that makes it so enjoyable. I'll probably have wind later, lord knows I had it last night.

Comment

• ok seeing as winencandy is putting up her holiday shots, I've decided to treat you to a few of phuket, thailand from a couple of years ago... remember I was 6kgs heavier in all these photos and feeling decidedly blah
      Bangla rd in patong, crazy... check out all that wiring
      Cocktails on the beach at NaiYang where we stayed, (our resort was the Indigo Pearl which was GORGEOUS) this little place was outside the hotel
      Thats my back you can see at the pool bar, even that looks fat!
      And thats me at the Grand Palace in Bangkok... love that shirt, you had to be covered up and so they lend you items of clothing to ensure you are covered... I look really fat and heinous in this photo. Its a good reminder of what I dont want to go back to... If you ever go to the grand palace, take your own shirt so you dont look as weirdly unfashionable as this!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

• I want to go to Thailand...wife and I were just talking about that last night. Hell, I want to go to a lot of places. Thailand is up there. Cool pics.

Comment

• beagleman, its great, and the food is cheap and tasty. But in saying that, its also kind of annoying out on the streets, especially in patong, they hustle all the time... you want tuk tuk, you want massage, you want rip off handbags, you want gogo show. I remember walking past a stall that had tshirts for sale that had on the front "no i dont want a fucking tuktuk, massage,etc"

Comment

• Thanks for sharing, it looks beautiful!
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thailand is definitely on my long list of places to visit. We did consider it when I was going on leave from deployment a few years ago, but weren't sure about taking the boys there at the time. Went on a cruise in the Mediterranean instead, which was great.

How's your garden doing? I'm already thinking about where I might put in some veggies this summer rather than just herbs and a couple of tomatoes. I'm thinking salad greens, and maybe kale.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• oh great news, the chillis in the garden are starting to turn red... FINALLY.... i was starting to wonder if it would ever happen. Lots of capsicums as well but waiting for them to change colour is slow as well, and the birds have been getting at them. I've got new lettuces in but they seem to be very slow and the bugs have been at them a bit as well. also I should have planted new ones well before the first lot finished. Next year we will plant the capsicums and chillis earlier and we will also do a thing where we split the plants we buy with a friend, ie, you buy the plants in punnets of 6 but you dont really need that many, 3 would be plenty for some veg. Its been a learning curve...

connie, thailand is great. The thing about going there for me is a 12-14 hr flight... thats why fiji is so good. If you go there you really need a good 10 days to enjoy it. that's why we are having 10 days in the US this year, its a long flight. Next year for my 50th we will go to europe... eeek 24 hr flight at least without stopovers and the fireman and I are thinking we'll be away for 2 months.

Comment

• Hey Suse, how you doing?

Loving the Thailand photos, for the record, I think you look gorgeous in that pink dress, I wish I was that 'fat'
                  My Journal

Comment

• ha, thanks em... that dress is a real suck everything in kind of dress. I've since ditched it, it would probably look ok on me now! HOpe you had a wonderful time in Bali, I'll check out your journal shortly.

Well the weekend as usual whizzed by in a hiss and a roar. Did a day trip to rotorua (3 hours there and 3 hours back) for my friends mum's memorial service. It was lovely, a beautiful day and we were outside in these lovely gardens putting down a memorial rock in front of a tree. Pen's parents were both very well known in Rotorua so there were lots of people in attendance. Headed back to a local bar/restaurant for drinks/nibbles and speeches. I was starving and ate badly... chicken sandwiches, sausage rolls, breaded chicken. Yep, I felt pretty bloated on my drive back home. I dont understand how people think "oh I'll just IF", cant do that when I'm practically ready to gnaw my arm off. Luckily I had company on the drive down and back otherwise it would have been a very long day.

Was a bit better on the primal front yesterday, bacon and eggs for breakfast, shared a spicy chicken salad for lunch with the fireman and we had a bbq for dinner, so a lovely steak and salad ... and chips (ok that bit not so good) I'd been to a farmers market that morning that is nearby to check it out and the vege all seemed pretty cheap - will go back. Ended up getting some limes only though as they were $2.99 a kg, and believe me this is cheap, they are at least $14 a kg at the supermarket. so I decided to have a crack at making mojitos last night. I only had dark rum though not white, so they were dirty mojitos... they were ok, but I think I'll stick to my cosmopolitans. I saw some unsweetened cranberry juice at the health food shop yesterday (an outrageous $20 for about a litre) Might get some one day and just mix it with the normal sweetened crap so that at least I'm not getting tooooo much sugar..

anyhoo, here it is monday again, and you guessed it, didnt win lotto or should that be Actually it is definitely , just took car in for a warrant of fitness and need 2 new tyres... bye bye $$$$$$$

Comment

• you should definitely watch groupy.co.nz and grabone.co.nz because they often have discounted WOF thingies on their sites. i would say every 6 weeks or so? and they don't expire for about 3-4 months.

Comment

• yup zoe, I watch all the one day sites, spreets, grabone, groupy... most of the one day deal sites are all on one site, dealshrimp.co.nz. It's not payign for the warrant that bothers me, its needing two new tyres! eek.

Comment

• understandable.

Comment

• hmmm 2 cosmos last night and a gluten free meat lovers pizza. Bed early, but hot and tossed and turned a lot, but managed to get a reasonable nights sleep.

Banged my shin on a stupid outdoor chair last night, man it hurt. I sort of half cried, half laughed it was so painful. I'm a danger to myself.

Comment

• i was hot last night too, and the cicadas were going nuts all night long. LOL also, the kids above and the kids below us were moving around *a lot* and banging the walls a lot.

i have a bruise on my shin -- i'm not sure how i got it!

Comment

• surprisingly I have no bruise, just a tiny red mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X