No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds like a lovely weekend even if the beer pizza pasta and dessert kind of crapped on your primal way of life :-)

now for a suse5 for this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
      I have indulged in complete crap all weekend.

And now its monday... Groundhog day!
      Yup, you did

Our Groundhog Day was Feb 2.
      What's your Groundhog Day about? You can't be waiting to see how long your summer is gonna last?
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• no when I talk about groundhog day I mean oh here it is again to do exactly the same as the day before... we dont have ground hogs... that I know of anyway

Yes mog, there could be another suse5 on the cards but I doubt very much it will start tonight. Bookclub. I'll no doubt have a drink there with the girls. We've changed the rules for bookclub this year, the person that hosts will now provide the meal... (it used to be potluck), a much better and easier idea this way I think, we used to have some extremely random pot lucks at times - you know, 5 people bring a dessert and one person brings a salad! I must remember to take my ebook to show everyone!! Not to mention a normal book to swap

Comment

• Hi Suse, well done on 5 days off the booze girl! hey I love bubbles also but get a funny head with it so now only in moderation. And yes 'Lost in Translation' I also thought was boring and couldn't see what all the fuss was about! off tomorrow with a group of gals to dinner and see 'King's Speech' I really like Colin Firth, am interested in historical royal family events (well I am a pom) and friends who've seen it highly recommend. Black Swan also looks very good. Mum and stepdad visiting are going to see 'True Grit' as they saw KS just before they left. Seems like Auckland weather is not too much different to Palmy, muggy and hot hot hot. Did you see east coast south island had hottest temps yesterday, bloody hell Timaru at 40oC!

Comment

• Bookclub! Yes, have to have a social drink :-)

What book are you reading/ discussing?

Comment

• the reviews for the kings speech are very good, but dont think I'll go to the actual movies to see it. I'd quite like to see the movie 127 hours?? (or something like that) Thats the one about the guy who went climbing and got trapped and had to cut his arm off. I remember reading about his story a few years back. Gruelling stuff.

Cant imagine 40oC really, not in NZ anyway. But yeah the south island can get up some cracker temperatures sometimes. Mind you I am not complaining, i'll take the heat over the cold any day!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                no when I talk about groundhog day I mean oh here it is again to do exactly the same as the day before... we dont have ground hogs... that I know of anyway
                Ah, like the movie...
                This makes MUCH more sense
                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I"m clearly in a not very good phase at the moment. Yesterday I had a can of coke with my lunch. No particular reason, just felt like it. I also had a chocolate bar after lunch.

Good bookclub last night, ate pretty healthy. Chicken, salad and a kind of ratatouille dish. Couple of wines. I have finally got "The girl who kicked the Hornets nest" to read so that should keep me busy for the next few weeks. Got my copy of Primal blueprint and GCBC back. Probably about time I reread PB from front to back I think.

Saw a job advertised yesterday that I am thinking of applying for. With an airline, so the perks of cheap travel summon Will see, possibly the job could be a bit junior and not paying very well. While I would potentially take a small drop in pay, I wouldnt take a large one!

Comment

• Travel perks would be fabulous You should look into this a bit more if you're not satisfied where you are. Never hurts to apply and go for an interview, if they call, at least you'll have all the information to make the right decision for you.

And coke and a chocolate bar? Bring yourself some better choice snacks to work for when the cravings set in. Fruit would be an option for the sweet cravings, maybe. Since you're in summer, there should be lots of nice fresh choices.
                    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. it is nearly 3am and i have been listening to someone's car alarm (or maybe a house alarm) go off intermittently for the last hour and i am pissed off. It keeps waking the dogs who bark. also my shoulder is aching, a dull radiating pulsing ache and that is fucking me off as well. do not expect me to be in a good mood in the morning. cant sleep.

Comment

• Oh no!! Hope you got up and read rather than tossing and turning...

Comment

• That sucks
                          I hope it stopped...
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• i've been missing in action for a few days... just not in the zone for primal anything at the moment.

I took the day off after my 3am all night session with the car alarm, I was just soooo completely zonked there was no way I could go to work. It's one thing to not sleep cause your body thinks you dont need it, but its another when you are not able to sleep because of outside forces. That and the shoulder pain was all just too much for me.

So my food and booze has all been bad the last week or so, and I'm not quite sure when I'm getting back on teh horse. Lets just say i'm enjoying a little time out. I suppose because I dont need to lose weight per se that I think thats ok. When my digestion starts to play up badly I guess that will be the signal to get with the program again. The fireman is so much better than I am.

Some of this I put down to this stuff with the shoulder. The treatments are seriously painful (yes I hear you say, well why are you doing them... good question, I'm hoping they will be effective). The muscle fascia? whatever is so bunched up it is like little golfballs all up my arm and over my shoulder/upper back. had a mean treatment today where he really got into the upper back part and I do feel pretty good right now. Bruised but good. He gave me a good whacking with these little rubber hammers. Seriously... I had no idea I was into S & M Anyway, the work on the shoulder seems to be why I am giving myself permission to have some treats...

anyway, I'm not going to bore you (or maybe make you envious) with all the bad stuff I've been eating and drinking. I dont think its going to last but I'm definitely not in the mood for being told what to do, primal or otherwise. I'm not being that bad, but I'm definitely going against everything I know. Sorry fellow PBers that I am not toeing the line

Right... off to drink a bucketful of water now... need to flush out the toxins after todays beating.

Comment

• Okay girl, no advice, just sending hugs your way.

You'll find where you need to be when it's good for you.

My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                                Okay girl, no advice, just sending hugs your way.

You'll find where you need to be when it's good for you.

+1
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X